Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:24:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  HEY BEP WHAT YOU GONNA DO
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HEY BEP WHAT YOU GONNA DO  (Read 4694 times)
Reba
« on: February 18, 2004, 09:11:23 PM »

What is BEP gonna do when all the threads are in this debate folder?
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 09:35:53 PM »

He-he-he-he
 Lips Sealed

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 11:05:57 PM »

What is BEP gonna do when all the threads are in this debate folder?

Oklahoma Howdy to Sister Reba,

Cheesy  That's an excellent question. We were faced with two opposing forces:  (1) the Forum Rules; (2) those who wish to have a warm or hot debate that the rules don't allow. The "Debate Area" was a compromise, in hopes that all of the broken noses, blackened eyes, busted teeth, and mangled body parts would be isolated to here.   Grin

We realize that you might have to trip over hair, teeth, and eyeballs to get in here, and we also realize you may not make it out alive, but at least everyone was warned.   Grin

By the way, we don't recommend the Gladiator Cafe across the street.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 01:49:30 AM »

I'd be very interested to know what rules (if any) do still apply in here.   The guide say "only the obvious...", but it sure isn't obvious to me.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Tog_Neve

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 08:11:53 AM »

I am sure that the Moderators enforce the rules of the use of profanity (in case anyone is slipping a little  Wink  ), no racist comments and the like.  But may relax the rules a bit on the more personal comments and such...or may not.  

I think the a point of the debate section is also a good place to have topics that have been derailed to be placed.  
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 11:18:07 AM »

I'd be very interested to know what rules (if any) do still apply in here.   The guide say "only the obvious...", but it sure isn't obvious to me.

Oklahoma Howdy to Ebia,

The obvious is listed as language and topics, so you can't curse while teaching Voodoo, etc.

There are some fairly hateful and abusive comments made in some of the hotter debates. This is an experiment right now, and I'm sure there will be reasonable limits, and we'll know what those are if they are reached. In other words, threads that should have been deleted completely were placed here under an experimental basis. The same topics that are banned on the rest of the board are banned here.

If threads go too far here, I assume that ADMIN will direct the thread  or threads be deleted and reconsider the experiment. I guess the primary factor will be how reasonable folks are willing to be. Here's a possible analogy:  if you throw mud-balls, make them soft and small - you can't put a rock in the middle of the mud-ball.  Wink  I bet this is as clear as mud.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2004, 11:36:20 AM »

I am sure that the Moderators enforce the rules of the use of profanity (in case anyone is slipping a little  Wink  ), no racist comments and the like.  But may relax the rules a bit on the more personal comments and such...or may not.  

I think the a point of the debate section is also a good place to have topics that have been derailed to be placed.  

Oklahoma Howdy to Tog_Neve,

You are partially correct. Profanity, cursing, swearing, gutter language, or whatever else some might call it is not allowed anywhere on the forums, including here. Rude and hatefull is the biggest part of the compromise (i.e. calling someone a liar, nitwit, dim-bulb, one fry short of a happy meal, etc.).

The same topics banned from the rest of the board are banned here. Christians Unite will not provide time or space defending or promoting  immoral acts, immoral lifestyles, teachings that are contrary to the Holy Bible, etc. Sexually oriented material is obvously banned. If you read the forum rules, you'll be pretty close. If you wouldn't want children to read it, it doesn't go on Christians Unite.

This is an experiment. We'll have to see what develops.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2004, 11:53:56 AM »

The obvious is listed as language and topics, so you can't curse while teaching Voodoo, etc.

Great.  There goes all my fun!  *Throws his voodoo BEP doll and pins in the trash can and mumbles on his way out*

Grin Cheesy Grin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2004, 03:53:59 PM »

Great.  There goes all my fun!  *Throws his voodoo BEP doll and pins in the trash can and mumbles on his way out*

Grin Cheesy Grin

LOL  

Pins?  I thought that you prefered large coffee cups and boiling foldgers to torture your victims?   Grin

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2004, 04:16:51 PM »

Yah.  But that's for living victims.  This is before I begin the real torture!!!!  Grin  And ya think those sound bad?  You've never seen my coffee drip torture, have ya? LOL

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2004, 08:17:58 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Allinall,

I wondered why I had such a splitting headache.

Reba
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2004, 01:28:16 AM »

you guys are sick            mahhhhaahhahhhah
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2004, 01:28:21 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Tog_Neve,

You are partially correct. Profanity, cursing, swearing, gutter language, or whatever else some might call it is not allowed anywhere on the forums, including here. Rude and hatefull is the biggest part of the compromise (i.e. calling someone a liar, nitwit, dim-bulb, one fry short of a happy meal, etc.).

The same topics banned from the rest of the board are banned here. Christians Unite will not provide time or space defending or promoting  immoral acts, immoral lifestyles, teachings that are contrary to the Holy Bible, etc.
Including banning any argument that they are not in fact contrary to scripture?

If you wouldn't want children to read it, it doesn't go on Christians Unite.
Hmm.  I wouldn't want children to read half of the threads currently going on in debate.

This is an experiment. We'll have to see what develops.
Fair enough.  So I guess no-one is going to be censured for testing the limits?

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2004, 10:38:49 AM »

I wondered why I had such a splitting headache.

LOL

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2004, 05:55:40 PM »

Fair enough.  So I guess no-one is going to be censured for testing the limits?

Oklahoma Howdy to Ebia,

Nobody said that.

Being reasonable is the key to keeping the Debate Area. Testing the limits will simply get the Debate Area removed.

Tom

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the