Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:13:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is the United States of America in prophecy?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the United States of America in prophecy?  (Read 4266 times)
Izar

Is ther anyone who really cares about anyone else?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2004, 01:55:15 PM »

Hahaha. Now kids, I thought we where playing Left Behind! Are we playing Thunderdome now? Oh, oh, can I be Mad Max?

Really people, America has a LONG way to fall before it is destroyed.  Roll Eyes

Actaully, you are quite right. There is a christian rise in the US as of now. Atheist bands are falling, and making way For Christian Bands. As for me, I hope to create my Own Christian Rock Band.

I dip this pen into my heart, write from my soul.
If ink were blood, I'd be still and cold...
Incarcerated in mortality
Until we give up the ghost
Languishing over morality
The flesh we love the most
The soul incased in prison
Encircled within our minds
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2004, 10:13:37 PM »

dO WE THINK IN THE SCOPE OF THINGS OF ALL TIME USA IS THAT RELIVANT, THAT ITS MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE.?
I DIDNT KNOW HALMARK GREETING CARDS WENT BACK THAT FAR .
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2004, 02:55:36 PM »

The U.S. in the Bible Prophecy?

In the book of Revelation, chapter 13, some details are given about the first beast, commonly known as the antichrist:

"And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations" (Rev.13:7).

It is an indisputable Biblical fact that the U.S. will be under the authority of the first beast as he will have authority over "ALL NATIONS." Yes, the U.S. is still A NATION. This means one of two things must happen; either the U.S. will produce the beast, or will be conquered by him. At this time the U.S. has the most powerful military in the history of the world. For the first time in its history, the U.S. has no formidable military foe. The Bible also says:

"And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him" (Rev. 13:4). NOBODY!!

The generation that has seen the nation Israel established again in the Promised Land again on May 14, 1948 will not pass until "all these things be fulfilled" (Matthew 24:32-34). Yes, the U.S. is in Bible prophecy. Yes, the Rapture must occur immediately before the 7-yr. tribulation. Yes, the U.S. can produce the antichrist beast, (i doubt it though.) Is he in the White House now!? Time will tell!?  Presently, President Bush has introduced a "roadmap to Israeli peace." Obviously, the president doesn't know there will be no peace in Israel until the "Prince of Peace," the Lord Jesus Christ, returns to establish His kingdom on earth for 1,000 yrs. President Bush is deceived, as are his many "Christian" followers.

"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes" (Psalm 118:9).

I myself don't really believe this but, I look to the EU., to be the beast.

Go in peace with God.
DW
« Last Edit: May 02, 2004, 03:24:12 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
NO!
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2004, 05:05:10 PM »

No! I've read through most of the posts, and what we have is nothing but opinions. Very little, if any scripture is presented.

The end-time events are centered around Israel and the middle east.

America stands on very solid ground from 2 very important biblical principles: 1. we are friends with Israel and therefore a SHEEP nation and 2. More gospel goes out of the good ole U.S. of A. than any other country in the world.

aw
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2004, 02:07:37 AM »

1. we are friends with Israel and therefore a SHEEP nation and 2. More gospel goes out of the good ole U.S. of A. than any other country in the world.

aw
1. Not all the country is apart of the sheep. Cry
2. James 2:14-26 - Faith and Deeds
In verse 2:14, James speaks of a person having faith without deeds and asks, "Can such faith save him?" Can it?

No. Faith without works is what might be called intellectual assent or agreement with a Christian set of teachings, but it would be an incomplete faith. True faith transforms our conduct as well as our thoughts. If our lives remain unchanged, we don't truly believe the truths we claim to believe.

What does Jesus say about faith and works (Matthew 7:26-27)?
Faith without deeds is no different than building a house on sand, which is quickly washed away.

Doesn't James 2:18 contradict Paul in Romans 3:28 when he writes "man is justified (saved) by faith without the deeds (works) of the law"?

They appear to, but actually Paul is speaking out against those who attempt to be saved by deeds instead of true faith. Paul was also speaking to Jews who believed that to be saved, one must obey the laws of Moses. While it is true that our deeds cannot earn salvation, true faith always results in a changed life and good deeds. Bottom line: faith brings us salvation; active obedience demonstrates that our faith is genuine.

Go in peace with God.
DW

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2004, 03:12:30 AM »

America stands on very solid ground from 2 very important biblical principles: 1. we are friends with Israel and therefore a SHEEP nation and 2. More gospel goes out of the good ole U.S. of A. than any other country in the world.

aw
And on very flaky ground for failing to feed the hungry and cloth the naked.  Like just about every other western nation.

I'd also be interested to know what
2. More gospel goes out of the good ole U.S. of A. than any other country in the world.
means?

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2004, 03:45:50 AM »

aw
And on very flaky ground for failing to feed the hungry and cloth the naked.  Like just about every other western nation.

I'd also be interested to know what
2. More gospel goes out of the good ole U.S. of A. than any other country in the world.
means?
I believe they mean "Good Deeds."  Roll Eyes

aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2004, 10:06:02 AM »

aw

Reply: I do not think this post or the one above it reflects an understanding of the SHEEP/GOAT Judgment. It has nothing in this world to do with the Church! It is a JUDGEMENT of the NATIONS and the criteria is how they treated Christ's brethren the Jews during the TRIBULATION. It will occur on the THRONE OF HIS GLORY and in the Valley of Jehosophat. The account is primarily in Mt 25:31-46.

If that is FLAKY then count me in. I don't know what descriptor should be given to one who does not comprehend these truths?

aw
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2004, 05:46:31 PM »

The account is primarily in Mt 25:31-46.
Sounds like you need to go and re-read it to me.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2004, 09:51:30 PM »

No! I've read through most of the posts, and what we have is nothing but opinions. Very little, if any scripture is presented.

The end-time events are centered around Israel and the middle east.

aw
AMEN
i have a feeling you got it about right brother.its not all about us (U.S.)
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2004, 06:22:17 PM »

IMHO, there will not be a great deal of chaos, at least not anymore than now. I don't see all this worldwide economic collapse, etc, because it will be "AS in the days of Noah." Things remained fairly routine.
aw
Reba
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2004, 02:30:18 PM »

America is the promised land of milk and honey! A land promised to Abraham's descendents.  The founding fathers all recognized this !

Gen 15:18

18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
KJV

America goes from sea to shinning sea but not from the river of Egypt to the Euphrates.
Southtown

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2004, 08:07:20 PM »

Sorry to be brief but I been reading all day and I'm tired.

The first beast comes from the 'sea':
Revelation 13:1
And the dragon stood on the sand of the seashore. Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads, and on his horns were ten diadems, and on his heads were blasphemous names.

This would be Europe, which was ten kingdoms but the 'eleventh' being the 'Vatican' nestled among the 'seven hills' arose and smite three kingdoms:
Daniel 7:8
While I was contemplating the horns, behold, another horn, a little one, came up among them, and three of the first horns were pulled out by the roots before it; and behold, this horn possessed eyes like the eyes of a man and a mouth uttering great boasts.

And 'sea' actually stands for:
Revelation 17:15
And he said to me, "The waters which you saw where the harlot sits, are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues.

The first beast is the brutal rule of the Roman Catholics over bible-believing protestants in the dark ages, where millions of true believers were killed by emporers who enforced the corrupted 'catholic' (which means universal) union of Christianity and Greek paganism and carried over into post-Roman, divided Europe.

If water means out of the population, then what could this represent?:
Revelation 13:11
Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb and he spoke as a dragon.

Columbus had to sail to the Americas, which were only sparsely inhabited by Native Americans. And the two horns of rule for this beast were 'lamb-like' or gentle. Meaning perhaps civil liberty and religeous liberty. But the second beast eventually 'spoke like a dragon', or non-gently, with it's rulership, most likely speaking of our future in the good ol' U.S. of A. since we still do as of yet enjoy these freedoms.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 08:38:33 PM by Southtown » Logged
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2004, 03:12:32 AM »

[Deuteronomy 32:11]
"AS AN EAGLE STIRRETH UP HER NEST, FLUTTERETH OVER HER YOUNG, SPREADETH ABROAD HER WINGS, TAKETH THEM, BEARETH THEM ON HER WINGS"

The Bald-Headed Eagle

We saw how the geographical extremities of Continental masses, or ends of the earth, were connected in Scripture to the Lost Ten Tribes and their whereabouts in the end times.  One of the passages we referred to was from Isaiah:  

[Isaiah 43;6:]
"I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back; bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ENDS OF THE EARTH".

In commenting on this verse the North Country with the return of the exiles and an eagle, the symbol of the USA:

[Deuteronomy 32:11]
 "AS AN EAGLE STIRRETH UP HER NEST, FLUTTERETH OVER HER YOUNG, SPREADETH ABROAD HER WINGS, TAKETH THEM, BEARETH THEM ON HER WINGS".

A bald-headed eagle is the symbol of the USA.

Micah chapter one tells of the prophecy that came to him CONCERNING SAMARIA AND JERUSALEM (1:1) meaning the Lost Ten Tribes and Judah.

He goes on to say:

[Micah 1:5]
"FOR THE TRANSGRESSION OF JACOB IS ALL THIS, AND FOR THE SINS OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL. WHAT IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF JACOB? IS IT NOT SAMARIA? AND WHAT ARE THE HIGH PLACES OF JUDAH? ARE THEY NOT JERUSALEM?"

Micah links Jacob with Samaria. Samaria was a major city in Manasseh and at one stage the capital of the entire Northern Kingdom. In Prophecy 'Samaria' represents the Lost Ten Tribes in their place of exile. Jacob is also  linked with Samaria. The nickname Yank (American) derives from the Hebrew form of Jacob. Both Judah and Samaria are being warned here. Then warning is given to the townships of Aphrah (1:10), Saphir, Zanaan, and Bethezel (1:11), Maroth (1:12), Lachish (1:13), Oresheth-Gath, Achzib (1:14), Mareshah, and Adullam (1:16).  There follows a reference to the baldness of an eagle:

[Micah 1:16]
"MAKE THEE BALD, AND POLL THEE FOR THY DELICATE CHILDREN; ENLARGE THY BALDNESS AS THE EAGLE; FOR THEY ARE GONE INTO CAPTIVITY FROM THEE".

All of the above places appear to have belonged to either Benjamin or Judah. These all appear to be places whose inhabitants were exiled by the Assyrians and who joined the Ten Tribes in exile. The Lost Ten Tribes also include many from the southern tribes of Judah and Benjamin, just as Judah eventually included many from The Lost Ten Tribes.  ENLARGE THY BALDNESS AS THE EAGLE The bald-headed eagle is the symbol of the USA.

The eagle in Scripture in some cases can symbolize the enemies of Israel: (Deuteronomy 28:4, Habakkuk 1:8, Obadiah 1:4 Lamentations 4:19 Jeremiah 4:13 Jeremiah 49:16). Historically the eagle was the symbol of the Roman Empire, of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, of the German Reich, of Poland, and probably of other nations as well most of whom was much of the time antagonistic to the Jewish and Israelite peoples.

The eagle can also represent the God of Israel, the righteous amongst the people of Israel, and their salvation (Exodus 19:4 Deuteronomy 32:11 Isaiah 40:31).

The eagle is one of the four creatures in the chariot of Ezekiel (1:10).

Ezekiel, chapter 17, speaks of two eagles both representing aspects of the exile of Israel and Judah, or of Judah only.

At all events Micah 1:16 speaks of the baldness of the eagle in connection with the exile of townships of Judah, who were about to join the Lost Ten Tribes in Exile and be considered as part of them.

To my mind this is significant but others may not be so impressed. At all events it is one indication amongst very many others and should be considered as part of the whole.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2004, 08:54:15 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Dreamweaver,

THANKS! This is interesting, and I'll have to put it on my list for additional study. I rarely ever say that a particular place or event is the actual fulfillment of Bible prophecy unless we are talking about ancient events and places. I would say that some events over the past 50 years might be the fulfillment of prophecy. I would say for certain that all Bible prophecy will be fulfilled, and I'm positive that the description given in the Bible will be completely accurate, down to the last detail.

I love to study Bible prophecy, but I avoid trying to set dates and say specifics were met. However, I do feel comfortable saying that we may be seeing a preview of the end of this age. I also would say that I have Biblical reasons why I would never do anything to harm Israel. I'm absolutely positive that Biblical prophecy will come to pass, regardless of what I and other men do, but I will never knowingly help the forces of evil that will most definitely rise.

Thanks for a fascinating addition to my list of things I want to study. At this point, I don't think that I will live long enough to study all of the things on my list, but I'll have fun trying until the Lord takes me home.

Love In Christ,
Tom  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the