Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:09:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is the United States of America in prophecy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the United States of America in prophecy?  (Read 4264 times)
Justanotherfollowe

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2003, 01:21:00 AM »

A better question to ask is how could God have left us out? We know that the Gulf War of 1991 was in the bible in Isaiah 13 & 14 and Jeremiah 50 & 51. The United States played a prominent role in that war. And now in 2003, we are leading the way in the follow-up to that war. So we go back to the question, how could the United States be left out of the Bible? The answer is that they were not left out. In 2 Samuel 8 14:18 the scripture speaks about the garrisons of guards that King David established to guard his throne and his kingdom. King David was king over Israel. In verse 18 of 2 Samuel chapters 8, the word cherethites was used to describe one of the garrisons. The cherethites had the prestigious job of guarding the “throne”; they were the bodyguards to the throne. The prophet Zephaniah issues a “woe” to the “Nation” of cherethites, the inhabitants of the seacoast in the last days. Clearly the Nation of bodyguards to the government of Israel is none other than the United States of America. By description alone, we cannot deny that this prophecy is related to the United States and that God has issued a “woe” against our nation.

But civil disobedience is not for God’s people. Christ says that they that live by the sword shall die by the sword. In other words, violence begets violence. As God’s children, we should encourage peace in all aspects of our lives. Although we live in this world we are not to be “of” this world. We must remember the commandment to “be ye separate”. We must separate ourselves from the political, economic, educational, social and military cares of this world. How is this done? How can we live “in” this world and not be concerned with what goes on around us? The answer is that we are to take our cares and burdens to God in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, in prayer. We must have faith in the power of prayer. Even if we do not agree, we must pray for our nation, our President, his cabinet, the men and women of the civil service, the men and women of the military. We must pray that God would lead them and guide them that he would lead them away from temptation and deliver them from evil. We must pray that the Lord God will dwell with them and give them strength to walk before him in righteousness so that they may do his will on earth. We must remember the words of the Lord, to judge not, lest ye be judged. If all the leaders of the nations were together in one room, who among them would be worthy to cast the first stone? All of the nations have sinned against God. We should not provoke each other to anger. This is the root cause of the Israeli and Palestinian conflict. The Children of God must all remember the words of God in Leviticus, that the stranger who lives among us is to be treated as one of us. Let us put aside our petty differences and racial hatred and come into full compliance with the word of God. Many of the men and women who are doing their best to make the best decisions on behalf of our country are just like you and I. Mere mortals. We make mistakes. Let us find our path in God. Pray for our leaders and our nations and world as a whole. Let us return to God with repentance and thanksgiving. Let us pray.
charlie

Yes2Truth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 01:27:49 AM »

Of course they are along with Britain and the Commonwealth.

The British Empire was the greatest empire this world has ever seen do you think that God would not be involved in that.
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 12:48:32 PM »

USA > a pile of radioactive dust

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 02:06:14 PM »

Yes.

In the general sense of a nation turning from God and reveling in sin.

Support your local Christian.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003, 11:54:59 PM »

USA > a pile of radioactive dust

That would explain the problem I have with my lawn every spring   Cheesy

j/k

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
charlie

Yes2Truth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2003, 02:30:26 AM »

Re Radio-active dust.

Yes America will, along with Britain be taken into captivity.  All their cities will be destroyed
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2003, 05:40:12 PM »

Re Radio-active dust.

Yes America will, along with Britain be taken into captivity.  All their cities will be destroyed

Grin

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2003, 12:19:54 AM »

Hahaha. Now kids, I thought we where playing Left Behind! Are we playing Thunderdome now? Oh, oh, can I be Mad Max?

Really people, America has a LONG way to fall before it is destroyed.  Roll Eyes

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2003, 05:00:49 PM »

Tibby: let us suppose you are right....   let's just say all this left-behind stuff is not-cool, undone, etc. And all that Tina Turner stuff is just waaay to eighties....

Why are you even answering, spare yourself the agony, delete your posts, sit in your backgarden and watch the telly.
Don't turn on the news though, skip the uncensored satelliete channels and become a statistic. Join the majority !

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2003, 08:14:45 PM »

The majority? You mean the realists? Or did you mean those who where NOT standing on there roof at 11:59 on December 31, 1999, shouting “I’m Ready!”? Roll Eyes

Besides, if the world really is going to end, mocking the Gnostics is all I have left Wink

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Ralph

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2003, 02:26:24 PM »

Read Revelation 18 and consider the traits spoken of the Babylon God judges in that chapter. America seems to fit that profile. Of course, America is one of the isles spoken of generally is Scripture also.
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2004, 07:16:49 AM »

A better question to ask is how could God have left us
The USA is described in Revelation 13 It is the 2 horned beast).

Now that we are the dominate power in the world...the USA will lead the rest of the world in the taking of the "Mark of the Beast" scenerio....as scripture says.
lpaisan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2004, 09:30:55 PM »

A better question to ask is how could God have left us
The USA is described in Revelation 13 It is the 2 horned beast).

Now that we are the dominate power in the world...the USA will lead the rest of the world in the taking of the "Mark of the Beast" scenerio....as scripture says.

Without no doubt, the United States is describe in Revelation 13:11 to be more exact Dare. Wink

"Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds"
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2004, 11:11:55 AM »

I keep seeing the USA, the British Empire, and the EU all thrown around - me thinks, guys, that the United Nations is the beast to beware of.

It's time to wake up and smell the Kofi.   Grin
« Last Edit: February 08, 2004, 11:13:53 AM by JudgeNot » Logged

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2004, 01:35:47 AM »

Is the United States of America in prophecy?

The answer is YES..

It is found at Zecariah 12, the good USA is listed among the nations of the world, which comes against Jerusalem, in that day.

Cahpters 13 and 14, are must read also.

Blessings,

Petro

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the