Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:52:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  TONGUES
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TONGUES  (Read 8825 times)
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2004, 10:39:57 PM »

Put your money where your tongue is, Shylynne. Take the test if you dare, then you will see you have been living a lie.  May God lead you to repentance.

New Life Bible Chapel
http://www.nlbchapel.org
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2004, 10:49:40 PM »

plilgrim ,if YOUR honest ?You have not been born again .If you knew my LORD .He would reveal TRUTH to you .Shylynne.I pray my FATHER will bless you more than ever and protect those you love .IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST  I pray LORD YOU will also bless lucky one FATHER in the name of JESUS CHRIST .
I also [pray LORD bring this person to there knees ,that they may know YOU MY FATHER .IN THE NAME OPF JESUS CHRIST .Not by might nor by power ,but your SPIRIT .THANK YOU FATHER .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2005, 10:36:00 AM »

Pilgrim, you exercise poor judgment.

Whatever experience you had with fake tongue speakers had eschewed your mind. Anything that hints at a physical work from the Holy Spirit evokes that anger.

You do not speak any truths from God. The Holy Spirit has not worked in you...but you wouldnt have believed in that in the first place.

On the contrary, the bible is the crux of your spirituality. That is interesting being that you're the one being proved wrong by it's word. You find yourself in contradiction with the Word. Need proof of that? I think it has been pointed out several times. Shylynne pointed one out recently.

Unlike you, everyone else who has spoken here is supported by the Word. You however are not. Is that not proof enough that you are in error?

From what you think, you might as well disregard 1 cor 12 & 13 completely.

There are fake tongue speakers. There has always been fakes everywhere; wolves in a sheep's clothing. There have always been hypocrits. Maybe in 100 people speaking in tongues, there are 99 people who are not speaking in tongues but cursing God. But just because 99 people are fakes, does that mean that the one person in the 100 isnt speaking in tongues as well? NO. But because 99 people are not tongue speakers you believe that the 1 person who is a tongue speaker isnt. This is the fallacy you are exercising.

Let's say that jumping 10 meters on planet X is possible. You ask everyone on that planet to jump 10 meters high. All of them do, but they cheat by using rocket boosters. Every single one of them do that. So does that mean since they all cheated, that jumping 10 meters on planet X is not possible? You are inclined to saying that it is not possible.

You do not believe that the Holy Spirit can work beyond scripture. Read 1 cor 12 and reconsider this:

You believe fully in scripture...then can you not believe in 1 cor 12?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 07:11:55 AM by felix102 » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2005, 01:55:20 PM »

Just because someone does not understand all things in the Word of God does not mean that they are not saved. Not all will receive full understanding of the Word of God and not all will receive all gifts. We must therefore be careful not to place a stumblingblock in our brothers way.

Co 12:8  For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:9  To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10  To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Co 12:11  But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, DIVIDING TO EVERY MAN SEVERALLY AS HE WILL.

The Body of Christ is one and we are all a part of that body. Each part has a different function, the eyes to see, the ears to hear.....   Just as the ears cannot see and the eyes cannot hear so are we in the Body of Christ.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2005, 06:21:15 PM »

Put your money where your tongue is, Shylynne. Take the test if you dare, then you will see you have been living a lie.  May God lead you to repentance.
Isa 40:13  Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or being his counsellor hath taught him?

The Word refutes your 'truth' Pilgrim, and you have no answer but the silly test of a man.  If you desire to be a true  student of the Word, you best lay aside the carnal fleshly  tactics you are using to disprove  the things of the Spirit. The scripture doesnt tell us to try the Spirit with a tape recorder now does it?    

I beg to understand the theology behind believing that if a child of God asks to be given a gift from God, he will be given a counterfeit. Jesus said:
"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? "Luke 11:13

Jesus encountered a similiar question in that same passage:  "ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub."

So many say children of God are said to be speaking in tongues through Beelzebub.

Jesus answer suffices  "When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace"

There is no time line recorded in the scripture for the cessation of the gifts and manifestations of the Spirit, which also begs the question, why do so many desire to see them cease?  Maybe because...?
 "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be." Rom 8:7

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2005, 04:48:50 AM »

Just because someone does not understand all things in the Word of God does not mean that they are not saved. Not all will receive full understanding of the Word of God and not all will receive all gifts. We must therefore be careful not to place a stumblingblock in our brothers way.

Co 12:8  For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:9  To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10  To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Co 12:11  But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, DIVIDING TO EVERY MAN SEVERALLY AS HE WILL.

The Body of Christ is one and we are all a part of that body. Each part has a different function, the eyes to see, the ears to hear.....   Just as the ears cannot see and the eyes cannot hear so are we in the Body of Christ.

If you are saying this on behalf of pilgrim I think there is a big difference. It is not from the incapability of understanding the word; it is from anger that makes him incapable of living in light.

I'm sure Pilgrim has encountered experiences with fake tongue speakers. There is of course a rebuke that went into place against them. There was a degree of anger in that. This isnt a problem.

The problem is that this anger is marring his judgement. That is why I said he is exercising poor judgement. It is from this experience that he even goes beyond to say that the works of the Holy Spirit are non-existant. (planet X analogy) Poor judgement makes you jump to wrong conclusions.

As Christians, we should be able to discern the works of the Holy Spirit (God) from the works of the devil (Satan). If you pray to God for wisdom he will give it to you without finding any fault. Pray to God for wisdom. Look at Solomon. His wisdom made him a wise judge.

Learn to seperate the weeds from the wheat. Dont burn the weeds and the wheat together nor harvest the weeds and the wheat together; be able to seperate them.

Am I saying this against Pilgrim only? No way. There are far more people than Pilgrim who are doing the same thing. Everyone does something similar. People have protested so strongly against racism (which is a good thing) that it has lead to reverse racism. Being politically correct and euphimistic about everything had lead to vague and ambiguous communication due to lack of directness. A movement lead many people to become fake tongue speakers. This has lead to a strong rebuke (which is right) but to the point of denying the fact of the work of the Holy Spirit.  Do you ever argue with an enemy? Even if they say something that is true you deny in your mind that it is absolutely false...though you know full well that it is true.

This is marred judgement.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2005, 11:34:12 AM »

felix102,

My comments were not to those that may be chastising a brother but rather to the one that made a comment in regards to a persons salvation.

My comments on understanding still stand. Whether it is anger preventing them from receiving that understanding, or whether it has not been given to them in the first place, or from listening to false teachings, this still does not mean that they are not saved.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 11:45:45 AM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2005, 01:27:58 AM »

plilgrim ,I know you do not know the LORD .But these things are of the HOLY SPIRIT .Nothing of the HOLY SPIRIT can be understood in the flesh .You only see the results .They make little or no sense to the people of the world . Our knowledge comes from GOD .By HIOS HOLY SPIRIT .But WE LOVE you .We want you to know the LORD .Once BORN of GOD ?You will understand MUCH . But in order to know HIM personally .You must repent ,Accept HIM as LORD and savior .And HE will accept YOU into HIS kingdom .You will be HIS SON .But many are willing to accept HIm as savior .But not many as LORD .But HE is LORD anyway ,no matter what .HE has full control over everything .But does not take control over everything .But today is the day of salvation .We do not know if we will see tomorrow . ASK HIM into your heart .HE will take all the deep pain away .No one can see it ?But HE can .Lovingly .gary

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2005, 01:22:49 AM »

Gary,
      I read throught the thread, sorry that some seem to be giving you a hard time.
   Reading your first post has layed a burden upon my heart, first I want to defend a brother, stand strong Gary, when all else has failed continue to stand.....the love the Lord shines brightly in your heart. What some don't understand they want to mock, I understand that tongue is for the edify of the church, but prayer language is different. I look the script up later, but I wanted to share my testimony with you to encourage you.
   I was like you, I wanted to pray in tongues too. But I just couldn't. I attended bible studies, they lay hands on me and pray for me, and all I could do was weep, I went to a meeting out our church with a visiting Pastor and like you those who wanted a prayer language could stay after, I did and nothing happened. I had begin to wonder if I wasn't worthy of such a gift, what was I doing wrong. I finally layed it aside thinking that this gift wasn't for me. But still in my heart I wanted that gift,  but if God didnt intend for me to recieve it then I wouldn't. Several weeks later, after our usual bible study group our leader asked for prayer requests. A lady who I didn't know. (I was a new member, she'd missed several months when her husband had been sick and had just returned) anyway she ask for prayer for a pain that she had been having for a while. She literally lay in a fetal postion sobbing, while everyone layed hands on her and prayed for her, I could feel her pain it was so real, then the Spirit of God TOLD me her pain was for me, at that same moment she rasied reached over to me and told me the same think that I'd just heard in my head. HER pain was for me, she told me the Lord had heard my prayers, .....then we were both sobbing, she told me the Lord had given her this pain several weeks before, I was awed and shocked, immediatly others began to pray for me, her pain begin to stop and YEP PRAISE THE LORD I begin to pray in the most sweet language that I had ever spoken in. Was it a language I knew NOPE, but I knew in my spirit that it was of God, there is no denying that, this women who I didn't know had been carrying this burden for me, she didn't know about my desire to pray in tongues. God used her to show me his love, and his power. And if anyone calls what the Holy Spirit done fake or false then they are guilty of blasphamy.
The tongues I have is what I call my prayer language, it isn't for any other person but between me and God, the perfect utterance of the Holy Spirit speaks thru me, and I do interpit in my own mind what I am saying, I know in my spirit. THe real cool thing is my prayers are heard and understood by God as they ascend to his throne room, and the devil can't understand them.  Does my prayer language make me better than any one else......NO, am I more Holy than other, NO, honestly sometimes its a Holy burden to know that you need to pray and others won't allow it, or recieve it.

You are so blessed, I stand with you and hope that I can call your friend.

oh before I forget, I too felt the Lord wanted me to vote for Bush, he didn't speak it to me, but I KNEW in my spirit Pres Bush was our last chance. Kerry would have ruined this country with some of his Godless ways.

God is good,
musicllover
I loved your testimony,
musicllover

musicllover
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2005, 03:16:19 AM »

That is a wonderful testamony .I believe it .BLESS YOU BROTHER .Listen ?ASK JESUS CHRIST to show you OUR NEW REST And the rivers of LIVING WATER .They are BOTH FOR US .

musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2005, 02:31:26 PM »

That is a wonderful testamony .I believe it .BLESS YOU BROTHER .Listen ?ASK JESUS CHRIST to show you OUR NEW REST And the rivers of LIVING WATER .They are BOTH FOR US .

Thanks,
           I most defiantly will ask for our new rest and rivers of living water.
      on a side note, I am a female,   Grin
musicllover

musicllover
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2005, 07:07:07 PM »

SISTER ,IN THE SPIRIT ?We are the same .Bless you

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2005, 07:12:25 PM »

SISTER ,IN THE SPIRIT ?We are the same .Bless you . THAT was the HOLY SPIRIT speaking to you-- oh before I forget, I too felt the Lord wanted me to vote for Bush, he didn't speak it to me, but I KNEW in my spirit Pres Bush was our last chance. Kerry would have ruined this country with some of his Godless ways.  

GOD speaks to us in our minds or souls [same thing ] We feel thinghs in our spirits ?but know trhings in our minds . Ask the HOLY SPIRIT to talk to you in your mind .then you will get used to hearing HIm .And look forward to talking with HIM there every day ,all the time .HE WILL TELL YOU ANYTHING or about anyone .NOTHING HE WILL NOT REVEAL TO YOU .

phpentecostal

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2005, 02:07:58 PM »

obviously pilgrim you do not believe that speaking in tongues is real. You sound as if you think it is of satan. If your right then your telling me that the men and woman (including the 12 apostles) are of satan because they spoke in other tongues as the spirit gave the utterance. (Acts 2)
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2005, 09:37:37 PM »

You may not believe it pastor rogers ? But I am led by the HOLY SPIRIT ,at least as much as you are . But I want to tell you ?A man or woman can go too church 100 years and still never know the LORD .I know my LORD . And I believe in my NEW SPIRIT ,I am perfect .BORN OF GOD ,MY FATHER . I talk with MY LORD every day . Now in the flesh ?I still sin .I try very hard not too . But I also love .And tell no one anything ,that may hurt them .Unless I know it may cause them to look into there own heart .I don"t want any being to go into that darkness .I"ve been there ,it is bad .I only told you this ,for your own sake .

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the