Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:41:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  TONGUES
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TONGUES  (Read 8793 times)
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2004, 05:58:20 PM »

GOD will work though who ever lets HIm .But i think bush is a righteous man .

How can a righteous man be a member of the occult "skull and Bones" Society? How can he be righteous when he promotes the antichrist "New world order" agenda?

New Life Bible Chapel
http://www.nlbchapel.org
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2004, 06:09:22 PM »

"I did not hear an audible voice."

So God never speaks in an audible voice?
The call you responded to was written, and this is the only way God speaks?

Never mind, the scriptures answer that question pretty clearly.

I presume you can also tell us how He didnt really intend for us to believe  "the sheep hear his voice"/ "know His voice"?   If so, please lets hear it,  we dont want to wind up institionalized for saying we have heard and believe.  

We know you have plenty  of knowledge of the Word Pilgrim, why then must you ask your brother to explain the  voice and the  moving of the spirit to you?  Have you only knowledge, and nothing of a spiritual nature to go with it?

Joh 3:12  The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2004, 06:13:18 PM »

But you know the bible teaches us .men would talk evil of those in power .This is very evil to GOD .ASs we are to repect those in power over us .

When did speaking the truth about a politician become evil? Hitler was a political leader. Are Christians making God angry when they say he was evil? If not, then why is it wrong to speak the truth about other political leaders?

You don"t seem to have much love in your heart and like to judge quickly .This is not good .

Why? Because I obey God and test all things by asking questions?

1Th 5:21  "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22  Abstain from all appearance of evil."

Rom 12:2  "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

New Life Bible Chapel
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2004, 06:22:50 PM »

ya ,but do you love me ?

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2004, 06:23:47 PM »

"I did not hear an audible voice."

So God never speaks in an audible voice?
The call you responded to was written, and this is the only way God speaks?

Never mind, the scriptures answer that question pretty clearly.

I presume you can also tell us how He didnt really intend for us to believe  "the sheep hear his voice"/ "know His voice"?   If so, please lets hear it,  we dont want to wind up institionalized for saying we have heard and believe.  

We know you have plenty  of knowledge of the Word Pilgrim, why then must you ask your brother to explain the  voice and the  moving of the spirit to you?  Have you only knowledge, and nothing of a spiritual nature to go with it?

Joh 3:12  The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

The words that Jesus spoke which He wants us to hear were written down by His servants in a book called the Bible. God speaks to His children by His written Word which can be tested. Those who claim that God speaks to them in an audible voice need to be careful as it cannot be tested. Case in point, Gary claiming an audible voice told him to vote for Bush that he was America’s last hope. Do you believe God told these things to Gary or the voice he is hearing is something other than God? If you believe it was God, then why does this voice say Bush is America’s last hope rather than Jesus?    

New Life Bible Chapel
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2004, 06:25:33 PM »

ya ,but do you love me ?

Yes! I hope I have proved it by trying to get you to see the dangerous error your embracing.

New Life Bible Chapel
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2004, 06:38:25 PM »

What error would that be ?

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2004, 06:45:06 PM »

What error would that be ?

Putting your so-called super natural experiences above the written Word of God.

New Life Bible Chapel
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2004, 06:56:54 PM »

"Those who claim that God speaks to them in an audible voice need to be careful as it cannot be tested."

Is this really so Pilgrim? Then the purpose of 1Jo 4 is lost on you then. The question was wether or not God talks to us, and the answer is of course He does, tho never in contradiction to His written Word.

You say its a dangerous error gary is embracing, and I see him embracing Christ...I dont need to be in agreement with every word he says to see that...no more than I need to be in agreement with every word you say. You tried to get gary to 'prove' the voice of God, and now you are latching unto a Bush to try to rally support for your arguement agianst him ever having heard Gods voice. Roll Eyes  

Joh 16:13  The Spirit shows what is true and will come and guide you into the full truth. The Spirit doesn't speak on his own. He will tell you only what he has heard from me, and he will let you know what is going to happen.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2004, 06:57:45 PM »

I never put anything above GODS word .Is this your problem .Because I have had some miracles ?please get out of that .Nothing I have said is not tRUTh and everything lines up with GODS WORD .But if you think it is evil in some way ?That is your problem .What is one miracle over another to the creator .Have you ever had a miracle that you know of ?I couldn"t understand ,What you were up about ?Because GOD has done some things in my life .Well there is much more hE has done .So tell HIM ,you don"t like it .Because it is all true and more ,i might add .I do understand ?You can only live in the light your in ?But soon after the rapture .You will move into greater light if not before ?
Mar 16:17  And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18  They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
do these signs follow you ?if not why not ?
DO YOU BELIEVE ?Then these signs follow you ?
1Co 14:14  For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
 DOES your inner man do this ?

Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2004, 07:06:58 PM »

"Those who claim that God speaks to them in an audible voice need to be careful as it cannot be tested."

Is this really so Pilgrim? Then the purpose of 1Jo 4 is lost on you then. The question was wether or not God talks to us, and the answer is of course He does, tho never in contradiction to His written Word.

You say its a dangerous error gary is embracing, and I see him embracing Christ...I dont need to be in agreement with every word he says to see that...no more than I need to be in agreement with every word you say. You tried to get gary to 'prove' the voice of God, and now you are latching unto a Bush to try to rally support for your arguement agianst him ever having heard Gods voice. Roll Eyes  

Joh 16:13  The Spirit shows what is true and will come and guide you into the full truth. The Spirit doesn't speak on his own. He will tell you only what he has heard from me, and he will let you know what is going to happen.

Your avoiding the question.

Do you believe God told these things to Gary or the voice he is hearing is something other than God? If you believe it was God, then why does this voice say Bush is America’s last hope rather than Jesus?  

New Life Bible Chapel
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2004, 07:08:48 PM »

I"ll tell you one thing that made me trust the LORD so much ?there is a king in the bible ,kingasa .the bible tells us ,he was perfect in his generation .But he got a problem in his foot .he went to the doctors .now it took 2 years for him to die .but the LORD said if he would of come to me .I would have healed him .but since he wahted to trust man .I let him die .So every time something happen to me .I remenbered that .So I never would trust a doctor .Now i thank GOD for doctors ,I think they help people more than they kill . But I have choosen to trust the lORD even unto death .As i feel i already died in CHRIST .When i accepted HIm as LORD and savior .And i now see no problem with dying anyway .in fact I look forward to it .as my great brother paul did .I never really like this world .But know this is my chance to serve MY LORD in FAITH .I'll never get this chance again . The things we do now .will last forever more .To think the little time we spend here .we will be reaping forever from it !

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2004, 07:11:24 PM »

I believe bush is trying too lead this nation back to JESUS CHRIST .You must know GOD WORKS thought the head of the HOME
BUSH IS THE HEAD OF THIS HOME .

Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2004, 07:13:43 PM »

Mar 16:17  And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18  They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
do these signs follow you ?if not why not ?
DO YOU BELIEVE ?Then these signs follow you ?
1Co 14:14  For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
 DOES your inner man do this ?

Do you take up serpents and drink poison?

I don’t believe the tongues spoken today are the same as practiced in the early Church. Today’s tongue’s movement if fake and filled with fraud and deceit, obviously fruits of the devil.

Here is what I believe about tongues:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/joeflorence/tongues.html  

New Life Bible Chapel
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2004, 07:23:10 PM »

I believe bush is trying too lead this nation back to JESUS CHRIST .You must know GOD WORKS thought the head of the HOME
BUSH IS THE HEAD OF THIS HOME .

How is Bush leading this nation back to Jesus. I hear him mention a god from time to time but I don’t recall him ever using the name Jesus. He claims to be a proud member of “skull and Bones”. Do you believe the spirit behind “Skull and Bones” is of God? How can Bush be leading us to Jesus when he promotes the antichrist “New World Order” agenda? I don’t know what that voice in your head is telling you about Bush but God’s written Word says that one cannot serve two masters.

Here is a quote from an article I read the other day about Bush.

http://www.gwinnettdailyonline.com/GDP/archive/article4B1054F1E3404954A473E0DD1C849B01.asp?printerFriendly=true

“The bland truth is that Bush is unlikely to deliver on religious conservatives’ expectations in any dramatic or immediate way simply because it isn’t his style. As Michael Gerson — Bush speechwriter and policy adviser — puts it, Bush is an “incrementalist.” And as such is misunderstood by both his allies and enemies.”

"In other words, the notion that Bush is imposing his religious beliefs — or that he is going reshape America in the image of some fundamentalist fantasy — is a bum rap. Indeed, some close observers of the Bush-evangelical dynamic predict that Bush will have caused more consternation than consolation among his conservative Christian brethren before the first year of his second term is up."
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 07:30:09 PM by Pilgrim » Logged

New Life Bible Chapel
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the