Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:10:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  TONGUES
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TONGUES  (Read 8795 times)
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2005, 10:50:42 PM »

Kinda my editorial on Tongues,

Ok I made this post by accicent, so I'm going to fill in here.
I don't have a problem with anyone speaking in tongues. IF its done in line with the scriptures. IT is a gift of the Holy Spirit, the bible speaks of it, Pauls says not to forbid speaking in tongues. The troulbe is people abuse this gift, either using it to "prove" they are spirit filled, or better than some other person that doesnt have the gift. Still others go completely the other way and say this gift isn't for today, its of the devil etc etc etc.
Either way is in error to the word as I understand it. The debate over if Tongeus in a none langguage or unknown still doesn't void out that Tongues are allowed by the scriptures.
   Worse of these cases are those who insist that you must speak in tongues to go to heaven. I find that so very offensive, NO WHERE does Jesus ever say you must speak in tongues. If speaking in tongues saves then why do we need Jesus? It is the great sacrafice of our Lord and Savior that makes us worthy to even think about going to heaven. The gift (any of them) are here and should be used to his glory......every gift should direct a person toward Jesus Christ, and should reveal Jesus Christ as Lord and savior. Claiming tongues as a saving tool is absolutely wrong.

musicllover
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 11:18:41 AM by musicllover » Logged

musicllover
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2005, 11:12:42 PM »

It you are right and speaking in tongues isnt for everyone then why did Jesus say in verse 17 of Mark Chapter 16 And these signs shall follow them that believe: IN my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues.

He didnt say some were going to he said it for everone that believes.

Sorry for the last post I hit the wrong button,

Php,
       No it doesn't say all will speak in tongues if you take the complete idea in mind.  I Cor 12: speaking about the spiritual gifrs from the Holy Spirit, some will have certain gifts, we are all a part of the body of CHrist some have certain abilities that others don't. Like the body each part has a certain duty, or job to do. IF all spoke in tongues what good would it do? IF we were all a foot how would we feed the people? If we were all a mouth who could love the people........ you surely can understand this simple fact. Speaking in tongues is NOT a requirement to get into heaven. There is only one way into Heaven, and that it through Jesus Christ.
     The Matt scripture you offered is referring too the obligation that CHristians should have to spread the good news, Matt 28:18  All authrotiy in heaven and earth..therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the ..teaching them to obey......surely I will be with you always......
       Mark 16:15  Give us the same commission only it written by Mark to the Christians of Rome, where Matthew is address the commission to the Jews. The main point is go spread the good news, it may require speaking in tongues, or handling snakes etc etc then do it becuase where ever you go I'll be there too. If the scripture you are using meant that we all must speak in tongues then it is also saying we must all handle snakes too.
The great commission is instructions to the people of God,  TELL that Jesus is Lord, he died for you, NOT you must speak in tongues so you can go to heaven. If that is the message your spreading you are in error to that commission. I pray that your eyes will be opened friend.

musicllover

musicllover

musicllover
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2005, 11:46:41 PM »

There is a tongue for everyone of us .It is our spirit ,praying for our needs and in our natural mind .We do not know our spiritual needs .Our inner being is our main being .It is the one GODS works though and it will obey the LORD 100% .It is perfect and born of GOD .It is the son or daghter of GOD .It goes to the LORD at the death or shedding of this flesh .This is the part of us ,We should be lifting up .Then we will see the signs and wonders in our lifes .This is the new creature ,not of this world .There was never a being like this until JESUS CHRIST .We are like HIM now .But we can not see our spirit .But with our mind ?Once renewed to take on the mind or thoughts of JESUS CHRIST ?We can do ALL things in HIM .Everything becomes new to us .But satan tricks us .and does not want us to know the great power with in us .We have the very spirit JESUS CHRIST has .But that is why ,We must walk in our spirit .We start as babes in CHRIST ,recieving everything by FAITH .a little at a time .But get disgusted too quick .Thinking we should be able to do everything and see everything now .But just as kids must grow slowly ?We do .HE will reveal everything too us as we grow .You are paul or peter or any of the great people of the LORD .You are MORE .Lovingly in OUR LORD ,gary.Don"t let anything stop you from believing and growing in our LORD .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Mrs.Chosen

Chosen By GOD Isaiah 43:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2005, 04:12:06 PM »

yes ,got bit by a copper head ,been dead 2 times .pretty much everything ,then more .like GODS new rest and the rivers of living water .many things and miracles in my life .I think maybe the LORD had to reveal more to me ,yet HE WANTS others to know these things are for them .My boy had died and my mother .I prayed for both and different times .They both came back .I was dead before the new birtrh and once after the new birth .I saw NEW JERUSALEM heading toward earth in 1976 .I never entered the city ,but saw it from outside it .had I entered ?I may not have wanted to return here .Have mixed feeling now .Thinking I should of stayed .But have 2 more kids since that death .

Where are your smiley faces. Please tell me you are joking right?

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2005, 04:17:07 PM »

No it is all true and much more .But the snake did not hurt me any at all . ASK the LORD to tell you if this is TRUTH .HE WILL .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2005, 04:17:52 PM »

Nope he ain't joking. I think he's telling the same story he did before...so i dunno. i'm gonna have to take his word for it...though i'm a bit skeptical myself. Grin He's a good guy witha good heart...just bear with him. God BLess

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Mrs.Chosen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2005, 05:17:20 PM »

Yo, If you have been dead twice and came back to life you got more resurrections than Jesus. Wooooooooooooooo

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
Mrs.Chosen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2005, 05:18:44 PM »

By the way gary, how long were you dead each time?

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2005, 05:21:43 PM »

I believe paul died many times .as he said in death oft .Also ,you are dead ?When the spirit leaves the body .John must have died and came back . Dead is not bad when born of GIOD .You are with the LORD so fast .like a blink of an eye .It is the unknown we tend to fear .Yet our LORD told us ?Death where is your sting ?Because there is none for us .but for the world .it is there .The greatest miracle ,you have ?Your name in the LANBS BOOK OF LIFE .

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2005, 05:33:50 PM »

I have no idea .As the last time the nurse ran in my room ,But they had overdosed the whole floor .I was awake then and told her to take care of the others .But both times could not have been more than 10 minutes ,just guessing .But my boy daniel was dropped by the nurse when born .He was gone for 20 minutes .They gave up .But me and my wife kept praying and he came back .He is 11 now and very smart . but his gap score was 3 .worse than retarded .last year he got 91% on the nationmal score and was on the honor roll ,and head of the school patrol ..My wife could not have kids .She awoke crying one night ,make a long story short .I told her to ask .JESUS CHRIST into her heart and then to pray .GOD would putb love in her heart for her dad .Who abused her bad .Then to pray the LORD would give her a child and that she would raise him in spirit and truth .So that is how we got daniel .Then 5 years later sarah .Im have 11kids.but only 2 little ones 6years old and 11 .I am 58 my wife 34 .She told me her life story and tears came down my cheeks .I then told her I would marry her .That was about little over 12 years ago .Then she was with daniel about 6months .And I told the LORD to give me a house .I awoke about a week later unable to move from my neck down .Then I got a settlement from my job and bought the house .LORD works in funny ways .Praise HIS HOLY NAME .

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the