Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:00:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  TONGUES
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TONGUES  (Read 8792 times)
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2004, 04:43:24 AM »

I was born again and did not speak in tongues .I studies it for a long time .Then believed it was real .a preacher came to the church and said anyone want this come back tonite .I went back ,he prayed nothing .That nite I went home then back to the church .no one was there .I got on my knees and was pray .I had the keys to church as I worked on it a lot .The pastor saw the light and .ask me why i was there .I told him ,I wondered why the LORd does not give me this .He prayed for me nothing .
The next time at church ,I went to the altar .i said FATHER I believe in tongues now .And if you do not want to give me this ?It is ok .because if you give me nothing in my life .I will still love you and serve you .Then I heard someone talking in something I never heard before .I looked up .thinking they were in front of me .I looked at each side .Then behind .Then I tried to look at my lips .It was me .So after that mnite .I could speak in tongues always .Some times I would hear new words .I have never know what I said .But believe it is MY spirit speaking to GOD .Telling HIm of my spiritual needs .as The bible teaches we do not know our needs .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 03:29:54 PM »

Interesting, do you by any chance know what language you were speaking? Hebrew, Greek, Spanish, French, Aramaic? Just curious...that's me, Curious Joshua...lol. Sorry to keep questioning, but the teacher in me kind of has to question and find the answer to some things that are said. I'm off. God Bless

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 08:22:35 PM »

none from this world

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 01:33:03 PM »

I was born again and did not speak in tongues .I studies it for a long time .Then believed it was real .a preacher came to the church and said anyone want this come back tonite .I went back ,he prayed nothing .That nite I went home then back to the church .no one was there .I got on my knees and was pray .I had the keys to church as I worked on it a lot .The pastor saw the light and .ask me why i was there .I told him ,I wondered why the LORd does not give me this .He prayed for me nothing .
The next time at church ,I went to the altar .i said FATHER I believe in tongues now .And if you do not want to give me this ?It is ok .because if you give me nothing in my life .I will still love you and serve you .Then I heard someone talking in something I never heard before .I looked up .thinking they were in front of me .I looked at each side .Then behind .Then I tried to look at my lips .It was me .So after that mnite .I could speak in tongues always .Some times I would hear new words .I have never know what I said .But believe it is MY spirit speaking to GOD .Telling HIm of my spiritual needs .as The bible teaches we do not know our needs .

How do you know if this is of God, Satan or emotional overload?

New Life Bible Chapel
http://www.nlbchapel.org
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 01:46:17 PM »

very easy ?I know my LORDS voice .

Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 01:59:22 PM »

very easy ?I know my LORDS voice .

What does it sound like? Do others around you hear this voive as well, or are you the only one who hears it?

New Life Bible Chapel
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 02:38:17 PM »

as long as you walk in the flesh ?You will not hear GOD.

Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 02:49:55 PM »

as long as you walk in the flesh ?You will not hear GOD.

Again! What does He sound like? Do others around you hear this voive as well, or are you the only one who hears it?

Also, how do you know this voice is not an evil spirit transformed into an angle of light? How do you know this voice in your head is not your own and you are being self deceived?

New Life Bible Chapel
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004, 04:22:05 PM »

Pilgrim whats with giving gary the third degree?

Jesus said:

Joh 10:27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

"How do you know if this is of God, Satan or emotional overload?"  

How do any of us know?

Your questions are more ignorant than that of an athiest, and its to be expected of them  Roll Eyes

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2004, 04:54:59 PM »

Pilgrim whats with giving gary the third degree?

Jesus said:

Joh 10:27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

"How do you know if this is of God, Satan or emotional overload?"  

How do any of us know?

Your questions are more ignorant than that of an athiest, and its to be expected of them  Roll Eyes

What does his voice sound like? Male? Female? Child? adult? Is His voice only in your head or do others standing by hear it also? How do you know the voice is God and not an imposter.

I dealt with many who are in institutions who hear voives in their heads thinking it is God too!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 04:57:28 PM by Pilgrim » Logged

New Life Bible Chapel
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2004, 05:00:26 PM »

The LORD speaks to most everyone the same way ?To our spirit ,which we are 1st .You may not know ?But JESUS CHRIST ,Said HE spoke out loud to the FATHER ,for HIS followers sake .HE did not need too .NOR do I or and child of GOD .But there are times we must speak out loud with our mouth .When we pray for others too be healed or cast out demons .When we ask JESUS CHRIST into our hearts .But NO other people don"t hear .As once I was driving ,My wife said ?who you talking too ?I said the LORD .She said ok .What did HE say ?I said HE said we must vote for bush and that he is americas last chance .We normally never vote ,But we did .this was in the 1st election .Here is the story ?What you think or not does not have an effect on my life ?But if you say something that is in TRUTH .And i never saw it before .I will pray about and ask my LORD .How will this be needed in my LIfe. HE will in HIS time remind me ,when I need it .But we are called to have a personal relationship with GOD .today right now .If you don"t have one ?You need to seek it ?Many people do not know the LORD .They know of HIm .But if you want ?You can . THis is the reason HE died . The kingdom of GOD is now and it is power . Most of the time it is very simple to know where your thoughts come from .evil thoughts demons .good thoughts HOLY SPIRIT .The more the inner person controls ,The better you hear GOD .The more into flesh you live the farther away from GOD you are . Now if you were willing to test this ?FAST ,if you belong to the LORD or if you have a desire to know HIm .in 3 days .YOU will .water ,bible ,prayer .Most can not fast long ?because they let satan trick them into failing .But you can ,it is not hard in truth .

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2004, 05:16:43 PM »

Who called you Pilgrim? Was His voice only in your head or did others standing by hear it also? How do you know it was the voice of God and not an imposter?  Or will you credit a mere man with calling you? Can you come to Him without being called, and if you were called, who`s voice was it?
Why would a christian ask such foolish questions of his brother? Is Christ speaking in parables too difficult to understand?    Come out of the  insane asylum  and enter into the spirtual kingdom Pilgrim  Roll Eyes

Joh 10:3-5  To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2004, 05:17:36 PM »

As once I was driving ,My wife said ?who you talking too ?I said the LORD .She said ok .What did HE say ?I said HE said we must vote for bush and that he is americas last chance .We normally never vote ,But we did .this was in the 1st election.

Since when did God become a Republican? Why would He want you to vote for a man who honors and prays to pagan spirits and sets forth the antichrist’s “New World Order” agenda?

God’s Word says: 2Ti 2:3 “Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.”  Yet the voice in your head told you just the opposite, which one is correct? The voice in your head that claims to be God or God’s Word?

http://www.nlbchapel.org/politics.htm

New Life Bible Chapel
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2004, 05:30:14 PM »

Who called you Pilgrim?

Was His voice only in your head or did others standing by hear it also?

I did not hear an audible voice.

How do you know it was the voice of God and not an imposter?

Because the call I responded to was written down as God's Word.

Joh 3:16  "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Joh 5:24  "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

Rom 10:17  "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

New Life Bible Chapel
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2004, 05:52:21 PM »

GOD will work though who ever lets HIm .But i think bush is a righteous man . But i think he is not grown in the spirit a lot .But you know the bible teaches us .men would talk evil of those in power .This is very evil to GOD .ASs we are to repect those in power over us .You don"t seem to have much love in your heart and like to judge quickly .This is not good .LOVE gives mercy .and another thing as you love the least in GOD kingdom ?That is how you love the LORd .As for this other person ?they may not agree with all I say or any i say ?But they do show great love .You need to learn to love ?more than knowing GODS WORDS .Because without LOVE .You will get very little understanding .Because GOD IS LOVE .asnother thing ?every person is not at the same place in the LORd .some are still drinking milk some have moved to the meat .BUT NONE know everything .We are one in CHRIST .But without LOVE ?We are nothing !

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the