Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:23:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286827 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Worthy Quote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Worthy Quote  (Read 49574 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2007, 12:10:14 AM »

"You do well to wish to learn our arts and our ways of life, and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ. Congress will do everything they can to assist you in this wise intention." -  George Washington

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2007, 12:11:38 AM »

"Let...statesmen and patriots unite their endeavors to renovate the age by...educating their little boys and girls...and leading them in the study and practice of the exalted virtues of the Christian system." - Samuel Adams

"Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation." - John Jay, ORIGINAL CHIEF-JUSTICE U.S. SUPREME COURT

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2007, 12:13:06 AM »

"History will also afford frequent opportunities of showing the necessity of a public religion...and the excellency of the Christian religion above all others, ancient or modern." - Benjamin Franklin

"The United States of America were no longer Colonies. They were an independent nation of Christians." - John Qunicy Adams

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2007, 12:20:12 AM »

"If my people, who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
2 Chron. 7:14
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2007, 12:22:41 AM »

"If my people, who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
2 Chron. 7:14

AMEN

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2007, 12:35:39 AM »

We do not need to spend money on prayer cloths..nor time in hearing what edifies self..but to get on our face before God that in this day He will use his people mightily for the cause of Christ..and no other action is so needed today than to pray for compassion and boldness to reach out to a dying world..turn off the tv and preach in person to the person next to you who's heart is open to the gospel..The United States is a mission field...
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2007, 12:59:16 AM »

We do not need to spend money on prayer cloths..nor time in hearing what edifies self..but to get on our face before God that in this day He will use his people mightily for the cause of Christ..and no other action is so needed today than to pray for compassion and boldness to reach out to a dying world..turn off the tv and preach in person to the person next to you who's heart is open to the gospel..The United States is a mission field...

AMEN SISTER!

Our part of the world is definitely a mission field, and it needs just as much attention as any other part of the world now. We simply need to pray, pray some more, yield to GOD, and do whatever HE leads us to do. Our trust will be in GOD and HIS WORD!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 10:19-23 NASB  Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;

def
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2007, 07:58:08 AM »

Maryjane,HALLELUJAH! AMEN GLORY ,GO! GO! GO ! in the Spirit of the Lord I am right behind You With DreamWeavers Flag RATTA!!RATTA go soldier of the Cross spread the word around you .love in Jesus Maryjane love you,byebye.Def.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 03:48:27 PM by def » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2007, 10:54:02 AM »

Another big AMEN! Maryjane! All too often people are concerned about self this and self that, leaving out the important things that the Lord has set before us to do. If we are truly born again we should put such selfishness aside, serve the Lord and do all we can to lead the lost to Him. Salvation is not just about self but rather about all that are lost. All of this world is a mission field and we all need to go to the lost as the Lord leads us.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2007, 06:19:49 PM »

I waited patiently for the Lord, and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God; many shall see it and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.
Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
Psalms 40:1-4.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2007, 06:25:29 PM »

Psalm 40...I memorized this psalm when I forst became a christian and He took me out of a miry clay He set my feet on a rock...He put a new song in my heart...he gave to me life more abundant and free...
What more could He give us?...I stand amazed...
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2007, 12:04:16 PM »

God does not give as we do, a mere handout to the beggar, but He gives His wealth by handfuls. This is a divine habit.

He not only redeems His promises, but when He might meet them in silver He prefers to pay them in gold.

Charles Spurgeon

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2007, 01:52:07 AM »

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God"
Corrie Ten boom
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2007, 05:13:53 PM »

One day at a time...
this is enough.
Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone;
and do not be troubled about
the future,
for it has not yet come.
Live in the present,
and make it so beautiful
it will be worth remembering.

Unknown Author

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2007, 04:34:25 PM »

Freedom In Trusting God

God can be trusted no matter what. We should have an attitude of complete faith, for this pleases God.

God as our trust because He is not a man that He can lie. He is the God of integrity, the only One who can be relied upon at all times. "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man" (Psalm 118:8 ). We are let down so many times because we place our trust in man when God is the only One who is faithful. "If we are faithless, he will remain faithful" (II Timothy 2:13, NIV). Let go and place all of your trust in God; He will never fail you. "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)" (Hebrews 10:23).

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the