Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:35:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional  (Read 60438 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 25, 2006, 12:10:51 PM »

============================================
             Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
                     Tuesday October 24, 2006
        http://bible.christiansunite.com/devotionals.shtml

Morning

I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple.

Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

I forgat prosperity. And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the LORD.--Awake, why sleepest thou, O Lord? arise, cast [us] not off for ever.--Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the LORD, and my judgment is passed over from my God?--In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, [who is] the health of my countenance, and my God.--[We are] troubled on every side, yet not distressed; [we are] perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.

Jon 2:4 Isa 49:14,15 La 3:17,18 Ps 44:23 Isa 40:27 54:8 Ps 43:5 2Co 4:8,9

/---------------------------------------------------------\
            Be sure to check out our other devotionals
   \---------------------------------------------------------/

Tuesday October 24, 2006

Evening

[When] the poor and needy seek water, and [there is] none, [and] their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them.

[There be] many that say, Who will shew us [any] good?--What hath man of all his labour, and of the vexation of his heart, wherein he hath laboured under the sun? For all his days [are] sorrows, and his travail grief; yea, his heart taketh not rest in the night.--All [is] vanity and vexation of spirit.--They have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, [and] hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

Him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.--I will pour water upon him that is thirsty.--Blessed [are] they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

O God, thou [art] my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is.

Isa 41:17 Ps 4:6 Ec 2:22,23,17 Jer 2:13 Joh 6:37 Isa 44:3 Mt 5:6 Ps 63:1

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 25, 2006, 12:13:19 PM »

===========================================
                    Wednesday October 25, 2006

Morning

Lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world.

If two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.--He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? . . . If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, [be] glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Mt 28:20 Mt 18:19,20 Joh 14:21-23 Jude 1:24,25

Wednesday October 25, 2006

Evening

The end of all things is at hand.

I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away.--The heavens and the earth, which are now, . . . are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment.

God [is] our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; [though] the waters thereof roar [and] be troubled, [though] the mountains shake with the swelling thereof.--Ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled.

We have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.--We . . . look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

1Pe 4:7 Re 20:11 2Pe 3:7 Ps 46:1-3 Mt 24:6 2Co 5:1 2Pe 3:13,14

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 27, 2006, 08:59:09 AM »

Thursday October 26, 2006

Morning

The LORD reigneth.

Fear ye not me? saith the LORD: will ye not tremble at my presence, which have placed the sand [for] the bound of the sea by a perpetual decree, that it cannot pass it: and though the waves thereof toss themselves, yet can they not prevail; though they roar, yet can they not pass over it?--Promotion [cometh] neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God [is] the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.

He changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding.--Ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled.

If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us?--Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Ps 99:1 Jer 5:22 Ps 75:6,7 Da 2:21 Mt 24:6 Ro 8:31 Mt 10:29-31

Thursday October 26, 2006

Evening

Take heed to your spirit.

Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. And Jesus said unto him, Forbid [him] not: for he that is not against us is for us.--Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he . . . rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

Eldad and Medad do prophesy in the camp. And Joshua the son of Nun . . . answered and said, My lord Moses, forbid them. And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the LORD'S people were prophets, [and] that the LORD would put his spirit upon them!

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance.--And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Mal 2:15 Lu 9:49,50,54,55 Nu 11:27-29 Ga 5:22-26

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 27, 2006, 09:01:21 AM »

=============================================
                      Friday October 27, 2006

Morning

Himself took our infirmities, and bare [our] sicknesses.

Then shall the priest command to take for him that is to be cleansed two birds alive [and] clean, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop: and the priest shall command that one of the birds be killed in an earthen vessel over running water: as for the living bird, he shall take it, and the cedar wood, and the scarlet, and the hyssop, and shall dip them and the living bird in the blood of the bird [that was] killed over the running water: and he shall sprinkle upon him that is to be cleansed from the leprosy seven times, and shall pronounce him clean, and shall let the living bird loose into the open field.

Behold a man full of leprosy: who seeing Jesus fell on [his] face, and besought him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.--And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth [his] hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean. And as soon as he had spoken, immediately the leprosy departed from him, and he was cleansed.

Mt 8:17 Le 14:4-7 Lu 5:12 Mr 1:41,42

Friday October 27, 2006

Evening

Whom thou blessest [is] blessed.

Blessed [are] the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed [are] they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed [are] the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed [are] they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Blessed [are] the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed [are] the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed [are] they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great [is] your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.--Blessed [are] they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Nu 22:6 Mt 5:3-12 Lu 11:28 Re 22:14

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 29, 2006, 10:40:14 AM »

Saturday October 28, 2006

Morning

He saw that [there was] no man, and wondered that [there was] no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him.

Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book [it is] written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law [is] within my heart.--I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.

[There is] no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; [there is] none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else. --There is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

Isa 59:16 Ps 40:6-8 Joh 10:17,18 Isa 45:21,22 Ac 4:12 2Co 8:9

Saturday October 28, 2006

Evening

The Enemy.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.--Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.

Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD [shall be] a light unto me.

Lu 10:19 1Pe 5:8 Jas 4:7 Eph 6:11-18 Mic 7:8

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 29, 2006, 10:41:51 AM »

Sunday October 29, 2006

Morning

He [is] altogether lovely.

My meditation of him shall be sweet.--My beloved [is] . . . the chiefest among ten thousand.--A chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. --Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips.--God . . . hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name.--It pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell.

Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see [him] not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory.

I count all things [but] loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them [but] dung, that I may win Christ, and be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.

So 5:16 Ps 104:34 So 5:10 1Pe 2:6 Ps 45:2 Php 2:9 Col 1:19 1Pe 1:8 Php 3:8,9

Sunday October 29, 2006

Evening

David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.

Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.--I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, [even] into his ears.--They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay. He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me.

I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise [shall] continually [be] in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear [thereof], and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.--O taste and see that the LORD [is] good: blessed [is] the man [that] trusteth in him.

1Sa 30:6 Joh 6:68 2Ti 1:12 Ps 18:6,18,19 Ps 34:1-4,8

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 31, 2006, 08:39:19 AM »

Monday October 30, 2006

Morning

[It is] good that [a man] should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

Hath God forgotten to be gracious? hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies?--I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.

Shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you that he will avenge them speedily.--Wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee. --Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

Ye shall not [need] to fight in this [battle]: set yourselves, stand ye [still], and see the salvation of the LORD.

Let us not be weary in well doing: . . . in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.--Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

La 3:26 Ps 77:9 Ps 31:22 Lu 18:7,8 Pr 20:22 Ps 37:7 2Ch 20:17 Ga 6:9 Jas 5:7

Monday October 30, 2006

Evening

Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines [have] tender grapes.

Who can understand [his] errors? cleanse thou me from secret [faults].--Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble [you], and thereby many be defiled.--Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

He which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ.--Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ.--The tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! And the tongue [is] a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. . . . The tongue can no man tame; [it is] an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.--Let your speech [be] alway with grace, seasoned with salt.

So 2:15 Ps 19:12 Heb 12:15 Ga 5:7 Php 1:6,27 Jas 3:5,6,8 Col 4:6

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 31, 2006, 08:41:15 AM »

Tuesday October 31, 2006

Morning

Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or [being] his counsellor hath taught him?

God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; and base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, [yea], and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: that no flesh should glory in his presence.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.--Born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

My spirit remaineth among you: fear ye not.--The battle [is] not yours, but God's.

The LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle [is] the LORD'S, and he will give you into our hands.

Zec 4:6 Isa 40:13 1Co 1:27-29 Joh 3:8 1:13 Hag 2:5 2Ch 20:15 1Sa 17:47

Tuesday October 31, 2006

Evening

Do as thou hast said.

Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who [is devoted] to thy fear.--So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word.--Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope.--Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage.--The law of thy mouth [is] better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.--For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Thy faithfulness [is] unto all generations.

God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed [it] by an oath: that by two immutable things, in which [it was] impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: which [hope] we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; whither the forerunner is for us entered, [even] Jesus.

Exceeding great and precious promises.

2Sa 7:25 Ps 119:38,42,49,54,72,89,90 Heb 6:17-20 2Pe 1:4

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 02, 2006, 08:43:26 AM »

Wednesday November 1, 2006

Morning

Blessed [is] the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

Behold, as the eyes of servants [look] unto the hand of their masters, [and] as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes [wait] upon the LORD our God, until that he have mercy upon us.

A continual burnt offering throughout your generations [at] the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the LORD: where I will meet you, to speak there unto thee.--In all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit.--Pray without ceasing.

Pr 8:34 Ps 123:2 Ex 29:42 Ex 20:24 Mt 18:20 Joh 4:23,24 Eph 6:18 1Th 5:17

Wednesday November 1, 2006

Evening

His name shall be called . . . Counsellor.

The spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; and shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD.

Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?-- Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice [is] to the sons of man. O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart. Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips [shall be] right things.--Counsel [is] mine, and sound wisdom: I [am] understanding; I have strength.

The LORD of hosts . . . is wonderful in counsel, [and] excellent in working.--If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.--Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Isa 9:6 11:2,3 Pr 8:1,4-6,14 Isa 28:29 Jas 1:5 Pr 3:5,6

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 02, 2006, 08:45:10 AM »

Thursday November 2, 2006

Morning

Ever follow that which is good.

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; . . . but committed [himself] to him that judgeth righteously.--Consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset [us], and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

1Th 5:15 1Pe 2:21-23 Heb 12:3,1,2 Php 4:8

Thursday November 2, 2006

Evening

The mighty God.

Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever. Gird thy sword upon [thy] thigh, O [most] mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty. And in thy majesty ride prosperously. . . . Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom [is] a right sceptre.--Thou spakest in vision to thy holy one, and saidst, I have laid help upon [one that is] mighty.--The man [that is] my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts.

Behold, God [is] my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH [is] my strength and [my] song; he also is become my salvation.--Thanks [be] unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ.

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, [be] glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever.

Isa 9:6 Ps 45:2-4,6 89:19 Zec 13:7 Isa 12:2 2Co 2:14  Jude 1:24,25

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 04, 2006, 01:11:17 AM »

==============================================
                      Friday November 3, 2006

Morning

The ways of the LORD [are] right, and the just shall walk in them: but the transgressors shall fall therein.

Unto you . . . which believe [he is] precious: but unto them which be disobedient, . . . and a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence.--The way of the LORD [is] strength to the upright: but destruction [shall be] to the workers of iniquity.

He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.--Whoso [is] wise, and will observe these [things], even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the LORD.--The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.--If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God.--Whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance.

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear [them] not, because ye are not of God.--Ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.--My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

Ho 14:9 1Pe 2:7,8 Pr 10:29 Mt 11:15 Ps 107:43 Mt 6:22 Joh 7:17 Mt 13:12 Joh 8:47 5:40 10:27

Friday November 3, 2006

Evening

The everlasting Father.

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD.

I and [my] Father are one.--The Father [is] in me, and I in him.--If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.-- Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father.--Behold I and the children which God hath given me.--He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied.--I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.--Before Abraham was, I am.--God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Unto the Son [he saith], Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever.--He is before all things, and by him all things consist.-- In him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Isa 9:6 De 6:4 Joh 10:30,38 8:19 14:8,9 Heb 2:13 Isa 53:11 Re 1:8 Joh 8:58 Ex 3:14 Heb 1:8 Col 1:17 2:9

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 06, 2006, 09:39:52 AM »

Saturday November 4, 2006

Morning

Now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations.

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: but rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.--The exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him. --Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

We have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.--For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.--God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able.

1Pe 1:6 4:12,13 Heb 12:5,11 4:15 2:18 1Co 10:13

Saturday November 4, 2006

Evening

The Prince of Peace.

He shall judge thy people with righteousness, and thy poor with judgment. The mountains shall bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness. . . . He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers [that] water the earth. In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth.--Glory to God . . . on earth peace, good will toward men.

Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, to give light to them that sit in darkness and [in] the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.--Peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all).

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.--Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. --The peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Isa 9:6 Ps 72:2,3,6,7 Lu 2:14 1:78,79 Ac 10:36 Joh 16:33 14:27 Php 4:7

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 06, 2006, 09:44:08 AM »

Sunday November 5, 2006

Morning

Take thou also unto thee principal spices, . . . and thou shalt make it an oil of holy ointment.

Upon man's flesh shall it not be poured, neither shall ye make [any other] like it, after the composition of it: it [is] holy, [and] it shall be holy unto you.--One Spirit.--Diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

Thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.--God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power.--God giveth not the Spirit by measure [unto him].

Of his fulness have all we received.--As the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.--He which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, [is] God; who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Ex 30:23,25,32 Eph 4:4 1Co 12:4 Ps 45:7 Ac 10:38 Joh 3:34 1:16 1Jo 2:27 2Co 1:21,22 Ga 5:22,23

Sunday November 5, 2006

Evening

The fashion of this world passeth away.

All the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.

Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted: but the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away. For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways.--For what [is] your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.--The world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it [is; that] I may know how frail I [am].--When they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

1Co 7:31 Ge 5:27 Jas 1:9-11 4:14 1Jo 2:17 Ps 39:4 1Th 5:3,4

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 06, 2006, 09:46:56 AM »

Monday November 6, 2006

Morning

When Christ, [who is] our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.--God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. wherefore comfort one another with these words.--When he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.-- It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power.

If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.

Col 3:4 Joh 11:25 1Jo 5:11,12 1Th 4:16-18 1Jo 3:2 1Co 15:43 Joh 14:3

Monday November 6, 2006

Evening

Lead me in thy truth, and teach me.

When . . . the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth.--Ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.--All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.--The holy scriptures . . . are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.--The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.--If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God.--The wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err [therein].

Ps 25:5 Joh 16:13 1Jo 2:20 Isa 8:20 2Ti 3:16,17 2Ti 3:15 Ps 32:8 Mt 6:22 Joh 7:17 Isa 35:8

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 07, 2006, 01:09:16 PM »

Tuesday November 7, 2006

Morning

Oh that [men] would praise the LORD [for] his goodness, and [for] his wonderful works to the children of men!

O taste and see that the LORD [is] good: blessed [is] the man [that] trusteth in him.--[Oh] how great [is] thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee!

This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.--Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.--That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

How great [is] his goodness, and how great [is] his beauty!-- The LORD [is] good to all: and his tender mercies [are] over all his works. All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee. They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power; to make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom.

Ps 107:8 34:8 31:19 Isa 43:21 Eph 1:5,6,12 Zec 9:17 Ps 145:9-12

Tuesday November 7, 2006

Evening

Behold, we count them happy which endure.

We glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope: and hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.--No chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.--My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.--Blessed [is] the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.--Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. . . . For when I am weak, then am I strong.

Jas 5:11 Ro 5:3-5 Heb 12:11 Jas 1:2-4,12 2Co 12:9,10

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the