Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:01:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional  (Read 60328 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 23, 2006, 08:49:51 PM »

=============================================
             Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
                    Thursday November 23, 2006
        http://bible.christiansunite.com/devotionals.shtml

Morning

Whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.-- He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.--His truth [shall be thy] shield and buckler.

Your life is hid with Christ in God.--He that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.--Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD. . . . The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.--God [is] our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear.

Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.--Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.--I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Pr 1:33 Ps 90:1 91:1,4 Col 3:3 Zec 2:8 Ex 14:13,14 Ps 46:1,2 Mt 14:27 Lu 24:38,39 2Ti 1:12

/---------------------------------------------------------\
            Be sure to check out our other devotionals
   \---------------------------------------------------------/

Thursday November 23, 2006

Evening

My kingdom is not of this world.

This man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; from henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.--Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

He must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

Thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.--H he raised him from the dead, and set [him] at his own right hand in the heavenly [places], far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: and hath put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the church, which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.--He shall shew, [who is] the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords.

Joh 18:36 Heb 10:12,13 Mt 26:64 1Co 15:25,57 Eph 1:20-23 1Ti 6:15

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 24, 2006, 04:55:52 PM »

Friday November 24, 2006

Morning

My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

Both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified [are] all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.--In Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.--Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.--Blessed [are] they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.--My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth.--Whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Lu 8:21 Heb 2:11,12 Ga 5:6 Joh 15:14 Lu 11:28 Mt 7:21 Joh 4:34 1Jo 1:6 2:5

Friday November 24, 2006

Evening

What doest thou here, Elijah?

He knoweth the way that I take.--O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known [me]. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted [with] all my ways.--Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?--[If] I take the wings of the morning, [and] dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are.--The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.--Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth [him with] his hand.--A just [man] falleth seven times, and riseth up again.

Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.--The spirit indeed [is] willing, but the flesh [is] weak.--Like as a father pitieth [his] children, [so] the LORD pitieth them that fear him.

1Ki 19:9 Job 23:10 Ps 139:1-3,7,9,10 Jas 5:17 Pr 29:25 Ps 37:24 Pr 24:16 Ga 6:9 Mt 26:41 Ps 103:13

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 25, 2006, 05:56:50 PM »

===========================================
                    Saturday November 25, 2006

Morning

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Ye cannot serve God and mammon.--When ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things [is] death. But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will [my] Father honour.--Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.

O LORD our God, [other] lords beside thee have had dominion over us: [but] by thee only will we make mention of thy name.--I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.

Ro 6:18 Mt 6:24 Ro 6:20-22 Ro 10:4 Joh 12:26 Mt 11:29,30  Isa 26:13 Ps 119:32

Saturday November 25, 2006

Evening

Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Manasseh . . . did [that which was] evil in the sight of the LORD, after the abominations of the heathen, . . . and he reared up altars for Baal. . . . And he built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the house of the LORD.--And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke [him] to anger.--And when he was in affliction, he besought the LORD his God, and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers, and prayed unto him: and he was intreated of him, and heard his supplication.

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.--The Lord is . . . longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish.

Ac 2:21 2Ki 21:1,2,3,5,6 2Ch 33:12,13 Isa 1:18 2Pe 3:9

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 27, 2006, 01:30:36 AM »

==============================================
                     Sunday November 26, 2006

Morning

The LORD delighteth in thee.

Thus saith the LORD that created thee, . . . Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called [thee] by thy name; thou [art] mine.--Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of [my] hands; thy walls [are] continually before me.

The steps of a [good] man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.--My delights [were] with the sons of men. --The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.--They shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

You, that were sometime alienated and enemies in [your] mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight.

Isa 62:4 43:1 49:15,16 Ps 37:23 Pr 8:31 Ps 147:11 Mal 3:17 Col 1:21,22

Sunday November 26, 2006

Evening

The sorrow of the world worketh death.

When Ahithophel saw that his counsel was not followed, he saddled [his] ass, and arose, and gat him home to his house, to his city, and put his household in order, and hanged himself, and died.--A wounded spirit who can bear?

[Is there] no balm in Gilead; [is there] no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?--The LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, . . . to comfort all that mourn; to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.-- Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.

Philip . . . preached unto him Jesus.--He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.

2Co 7:10 2Sa 17:23 Pr 18:14 Jer 8:22 Isa 61:1-3 Mt 11:28-30 Ac 8:35 Ps 147:3

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 27, 2006, 08:26:59 AM »

============================================
                     Monday November 27, 2006

Morning

The glory which thou gavest me I have given them.

I saw . . . the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphims. . . . And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, [is] the LORD of hosts: the whole earth [is] full of his glory.--These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.--Upon the likeness of the throne [was] the likeness . . . of a man above upon it. . . . As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so [was] the appearance of the brightness round about. This [was] the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD.

I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. . . . And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. --No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].--God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to [give] the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Joh 17:22 Isa 6:1-3 Joh 12:41 Eze 1:26,28 Ex 33:18,20 Joh 1:18 2Co 4:6

Monday November 27, 2006

Evening

My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

She took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.--Did not Achan the son of Zerah commit a trespass in the accursed thing, and wrath fell on all the congregation of Israel? and that man perished not alone in his iniquity.

Thou shalt not follow a multitude to [do] evil.

Wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat.

None of us liveth to himself.--Brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only [use] not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.--Take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.--When ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Pr 1:10 Ge 3:6 Jos 22:20 Ex 23:2 Mt 7:13 Ro 14:7 Ga 5:13 1Co 8:9,12 Isa 53:6

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 28, 2006, 07:48:45 AM »

Tuesday November 28, 2006

Morning

As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Not every one that saith, . . . Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.--Holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.--Add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; and to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; and to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.

By grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.

Jas 2:26 Mt 7:21 Heb 12:14 2Pe 1:5-10 Eph 2:8-9

Tuesday November 28, 2006

Evening

As the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that [he might] deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?--Thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.--For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward [man] is renewed day by day.

We know that if our earthly house of [this] tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.--Therefore [we are] always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord. . . . We are . . . willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.

Heb 2:14,15 1Co 15:55,57 2Co 4:16 5:1,6-8 Joh 14:1-2

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 29, 2006, 05:54:14 AM »

Wednesday November 29, 2006

Morning

We shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house.

One [thing] have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.

Blessed [are] they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.--He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.

He satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.--I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

How excellent [is] thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures. For with thee [is] the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

Ps 65:4 27:4 Mt 5:6 Lu 1:53 Ps 107:9 Joh 6:35 Ps 36:7-9

Wednesday November 29, 2006

Evening

Do ye now believe?

What [doth it] profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?--Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten [son], of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: accounting that God [was] able to raise [him] up, even from the dead.--Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?--Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

By their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.--If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

Joh 16:31 Jas 2:14,17 Heb 11:17-19 Jas 2:21,24 1:25 Mt 7:20,21 Joh 13:17

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 30, 2006, 04:35:56 AM »

Thursday November 30, 2006

Morning

Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord [be] with you all.

Peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come.--The peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace [be] unto you.--Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

The Comforter . . . [even] the Spirit of truth.--The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace.-- The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.

My presence shall go [with thee], and I will give thee rest. And he said unto him, If thy presence go not [with me], carry us not up hence. For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? [is it] not in that thou goest with us?

2Th 3:16 Re 1:4 Php 4:7 Lu 24:36 Joh 14:27 15:26 Ga 5:22 Ro 8:16 Ex 33:14-16

Thursday November 30, 2006

Evening

We glory in tribulations.

If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: but rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.--Sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing.

Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice.--They departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

The God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing.

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither [shall] fruit [be] in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and [there shall be] no herd in the stalls: yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

Ro 5:3 1Co 15:19 1Pe 4:12,13 2Co 6:10 Php 4:4 Ac 5:41 Ro 15:13 Hab 3:17,18

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 01, 2006, 06:08:08 PM »

Friday December 1, 2006

Morning

A man shall be as an hiding place from the wind, and a covert from the tempest.

Forasmuch . . . as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same.--The man [that is] my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts.--I and [my] Father are one.

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.--There shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain.--The LORD [is] thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

When my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock [that] is higher than I.--Thou [art] my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble.--Thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones [is] as a storm [against] the wall.

Isa 32:2 Heb 2:14 Zec 13:7 Joh 10:30 Ps 91:1 Isa 4:6 Ps 121:5,6 61:2 32:7 Isa 25:4

Friday December 1, 2006

Evening

Behold, I create new heavens and a new earth.

The new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, . . . so shall your seed and your name remain.

We, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.

Isa 65:17 66:22 2Pe 3:13 Re 21:1-5

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 02, 2006, 09:32:04 PM »

Saturday December 2, 2006

Morning

Ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power.--It pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell.--Of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Thou anointest my head with oil.--The anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

The Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

1Jo 2:20 Ac 10:38 Col 1:19 Joh 1:16 Ps 23:5 1Jo 2:27 Joh 14:26 Ro 8:26

Saturday December 2, 2006

Evening

Having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience.

If the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?--The blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than [that of] Abel.

We have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

When Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people. . . . Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry. And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Heb 10:22 9:13,14 12:24 Eph 1:7 Heb 9:19,21,22

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 04, 2006, 12:20:28 AM »

Sunday December 3, 2006

Morning

I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause.

Is any thing too hard for the LORD?--Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring [it] to pass.--Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.--Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Hezekiah received the letter from the hand of the messengers, and read it: and Hezekiah went up unto the house of the LORD, and spread it before the LORD. And Hezekiah prayed unto the LORD.

It shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.--The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice [and] my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon [him] as long as I live.

Job 5:8 Ge 18:14 Ps 37:5 Php 4:6 1Pe 5:7 Isa 37:14,15 65:24 Jas 5:16 Ps 116:1,2

Sunday December 3, 2006

Evening

Our bodies washed with pure water.

Thou shalt . . . make a laver [of] brass, . . . and thou shalt put it between the tabernacle of the congregation and the altar, and thou shalt put water therein. For Aaron and his sons shall wash their hands and their feet thereat: when they go into the tabernacle of the congregation, they shall wash with water, that they die not; . . . they shall wash their hands and their feet, that they die not.--Your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you.--If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.

In my flesh shall I see God: whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another.--There shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth.--[Thou art] of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity.--I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.

Heb 10:22 Ex 30:18-21 1Co 6:19 3:17 Job 19:26,27 Re 21:27 Hab 1:13 Ro 12:1

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 05, 2006, 12:36:20 AM »

Monday December 4, 2006

Morning

Where shall wisdom be found?

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.--Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.--The only wise God.--Be not wise in thine own eyes.

Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I [am] a child. But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I [am] a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I [am] with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.

Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give [it] you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.--All things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Job 28:12 Jas 1:5,6 Pr 3:5,6 1Ti 1:17 Pr 3:7 Jer 1:6-8 Joh 16:23,24 Mt 21:22

Monday December 4, 2006

Evening

I would not live alway.

And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! [for then] would I fly away, and be at rest. . . . I would hasten my escape from the windy storm [and] tempest.

In this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven. . . . For we that are in [this] tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.--Having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better.

Let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Job 7:16 Ps 55:6,8 2Co 5:2,4 Php 1:23 Heb 12:1-3 Joh 14:27

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 05, 2006, 07:00:29 AM »

Tuesday December 5, 2006

Morning

[It is] good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered.--We suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

He knoweth the way that I take: [when] he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined.

Thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, [and] to prove thee, to know what [was] in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.--Thou shalt also consider in thine heart, that, as a man chasteneth his son, [so] the LORD thy God chasteneth thee. Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him.

Ps 119:71 Heb 5:8 Ro 8:17,18 Job 23:10,11 De 8:2,5,6

Tuesday December 5, 2006

Evening

By strength shall no man prevail.

Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.--And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang [it], and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth. So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone.

There is no king saved by the multitude of an host: a mighty man is not delivered by much strength. . . . Behold, the eye of the LORD [is] upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy.--Both riches and honour [come] of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand [is] power and might; and in thine hand [it is] to make great, and to give strength unto all.

I . . . glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

1Sa 2:9 17:45,49,50 Ps 33:16,18 1Ch 29:12 2Co 12:9,10

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 06, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »

Wednesday December 6, 2006

Morning

It is God which worketh in you.

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency [is] of God.--A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.--No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.--And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever.

Do not err, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

LORD, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us.

Php 2:13 2Co 3:5 Joh 3:27 6:44 Jer 32:39 Jas 1:16-18 Eph 2:10 Isa 26:12

Wednesday December 6, 2006

Evening

The spirit indeed [is] willing, but the flesh [is] weak.

In the way of thy judgments, O LORD, have we waited for thee; the desire of [our] soul [is] to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee. With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early.

I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not.--For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.--The flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.-- Our sufficiency [is] of God.--My grace is sufficient for thee.

Mt 26:41 Isa 26:8,9 Ro 7:18,22,23 Ga 5:17 Php 4:13  2Co 3:5 12:9

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 07, 2006, 09:02:31 AM »

Thursday December 7, 2006

Morning

He hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.--Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.--As by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; that being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.--[There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

2Co 5:21 Isa 53:6 1Pe 2:24 Ro 5:19 Tit 3:4-7 Ro 8:1 Jer 23:6

Thursday December 7, 2006

Evening

I will be as the dew unto Israel.

The meekness and gentleness of Christ.

A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench.

The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord. . . . And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears. And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth.

And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And Peter went out, and wept bitterly.

He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry [them] in his bosom, [and] shall gently lead those that are with young.

Ho 14:5 2Co 10:1 Isa 42:3 Lu 4:18,19,21,22 Lu 22:61,62  Isa 40:11

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the