Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:06:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional  (Read 60352 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: November 08, 2006, 07:38:34 AM »

=============================================
             Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
                    Wednesday November 8, 2006
        http://bible.christiansunite.com/devotionals.shtml

Morning

Let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.--Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; . . . above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken [it]. And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this [is] our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this [is] the LORD; . . . we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

1Th 5:8 1Pe 1:13 Eph 6:14,16,17 Isa 25:8,9 Heb 11:1

/---------------------------------------------------------\
            Be sure to check out our other devotionals
   \---------------------------------------------------------/

Wednesday November 8, 2006

Evening

The children of Israel pitched before them like two little flocks of kids; but the Syrians filled the country.

Thus saith the LORD, Because the Syrians have said, The LORD [is] God of the hills, but he [is] not God of the valleys, therefore will I deliver all this great multitude into thine hand, and ye shall know that I [am] the LORD. And they pitched one over against the other seven days. And [so] it was, that in the seventh day the battle was joined: and the children of Israel slew of the Syrians an hundred thousand footmen in one day.--Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

They shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I [am] with thee, saith the LORD, to deliver thee.

1Ki 20:27-29 1Jo 4:4 Isa 41:10 Jer 1:19

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 12, 2006, 08:25:07 PM »

==============================================
                     Thursday November 9, 2006

Morning

I have laid help upon [one that is] mighty; I have exalted [one] chosen out of the people.

I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour.--[There is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.--There is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

The mighty God.--[Who] made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name.--We see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.--Forasmuch . . . as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same.

Ps 89:19 Isa 43:11 1Ti 2:5 Ac 4:12 Isa 9:6 Php 2:7-9  Heb 2:9,14

Thursday November 9, 2006

Evening

Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.

Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.--He is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, . . . they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am.--Then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.--If [any] of thine be driven out unto the outmost [parts] of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee.

The dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Ps 50:5 Heb 9:28,15 Joh 17:24 Mr 13:27 De 30:4 1Th 4:16,17

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 12, 2006, 08:27:00 PM »

Friday November 10, 2006

Morning

Fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God.

I beseech you, . . . brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.--As ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.--In Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy.

Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.--I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Col 1:10 Ro 12:1,2 6:19 Ga 6:15,16 Joh 15:8,16

Friday November 10, 2006

Evening

I sought him, but I found him not.

Return unto the LORD thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity. Take with you words, and turn to the LORD: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive [us] graciously.

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God. . . . but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. . . . Do not err, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.--[It is] good that [a man] should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.--Shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him [cometh] my salvation.--My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation [is] from him.

So 3:1 Ho 14:1,2 Jas 1:13,14,16,17 Ps 27:14 Lam 3:26 Lu 18:7 Ps 62:1,5

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 12, 2006, 08:43:42 PM »

Saturday November 11, 2006

Morning

He led them on safely.

I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment.

Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.--In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

They got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto them.--So didst thou lead thy people, to make thyself a glorious name.

Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.--O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.

Ps 78:53 Pr 8:20 Ex 23:20 Isa 63:9 Ps 44:3 Isa 63:14  Ps 5:8 43:3,4

Saturday November 11, 2006

Evening

Ye are washed, . . . ye are sanctified, . . . ye are justified.

The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. --The chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.--To her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.--Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? [It is] God that justifieth.--Blessed [is he whose] transgression [is] forgiven, [whose] sin [is] covered. Blessed [is] the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit [there is] no guile.

1Co 6:11 1Jo 1:7 Isa 53:5 Eph 5:25-27 Re 19:8 Heb 10:22 Ro 8:33 Ps 32:1,2

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 12, 2006, 08:46:12 PM »

Sunday November 12, 2006

Morning

Godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of.

Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.--If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.--The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me. Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.

Turn thou to thy God: keep mercy and judgment, and wait on thy God continually.

The sacrifices of God [are] a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.--He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.--He hath shewed thee, O man, what [is] good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

2Co 7:10 Mt 26:75 1Jo 1:9,7 Ps 40:12,13 Ho 12:6  Ps 51:17 147:3 Mic 6:8

Sunday November 12, 2006

Evening

[Is it] well with thee? . . . And she answered, [It is] well.

We having the same spirit of faith.

As chastened, and not killed; as sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and [yet] possessing all things.

[We are] troubled on every side, yet not distressed; [we are] perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.--For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward [man] is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen.

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

2Ki 4:26 2Co 4:13 2Co 6:9,10 4:8-10,16-18 3Jo 1:2

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 13, 2006, 11:53:58 AM »

Monday November 13, 2006

Morning

Christ . . . loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word.

Walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.--Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.-- Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.--Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.-- Thy word hath quickened me.

The law of the LORD [is] perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD [is] sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD [are] right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD [is] pure, enlightening the eyes.

Eph 5:25,26,2 1Pe 1:23 Joh 17:17 3:5 Tit 3:5 Ps 119:50 19:7,8

Monday November 13, 2006

Evening

Through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one.

Whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it]. . . . And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; [even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.--[There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.--When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven.

Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, . . . Let us draw near.

Eph 2:18 Joh 17:23 14:13,14,16,17 Eph 4:4-6 Lu 11:2 Heb 10:19,20,22

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 15, 2006, 05:36:09 PM »

Tuesday November 14, 2006

Morning

Thou [art] my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

The steps of a [good] man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth [him with] his hand.--In the fear of the LORD [is] strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.--Who [art] thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man [that] shall die, and of the son of man [which] shall be made [as] grass; and forgettest the LORD thy maker?

I [am] with thee to deliver thee.--Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.--Thou [art] my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance.

Ps 40:17 37:23,24 Pr 14:26 Isa 51:12,13 Jer 1:8 De 31:6 Ps 59:16 32:7

Tuesday November 14, 2006

Evening

How wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?

For Jordan overfloweth all his banks all the time of harvest.

The priests that bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD stood firm on dry ground in the midst of Jordan, and all the Israelites passed over on dry ground, until all the people were passed clean over Jordan.

We see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.--When thou passest through the waters, I [will be] with thee.

Fear not; I am the first and the last: I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Jer 12:5 Jos 3:15,17 Heb 2:9 Ps 23:4 Isa 43:2 Re 1:17,18

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 15, 2006, 05:38:31 PM »

============================================
                    Wednesday November 15, 2006

Morning

God [is] faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Let us hold fast the profession of [our] faith without wavering; for he [is] faithful that promised.--God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.--Truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.--Rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

That ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what [is] the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.--And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him.

1Co 1:9 Heb 10:23 2Co 6:16 1Jo 1:3 1Pe 4:13 Eph 3:17-19 1Jo 4:15 3:24

Wednesday November 15, 2006

Evening

We are his workmanship.

They brought great stones, costly stones, [and] hewed stones, to lay the foundation of the house.--The house, when it was in building, was built of stone made ready before it was brought thither: so that there was neither hammer nor axe [nor] any tool of iron heard in the house, while it was in building.

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house.-- Built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner [stone]; in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.--Which in time past [were] not a people, but [are] now the people of God.

[Ye are] God's building.--Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.--Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing [is] God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

Eph 2:10 1Ki 5:17 6:7 1Pe 2:5 Eph 2:20-22 1Pe 2:10 1Co 3:9 2Co 5:17 2Co 5:5

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 16, 2006, 08:55:04 PM »

Thursday November 16, 2006

Morning

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.--Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom.

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed [thereto] according to thy word. With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee.

My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary [food].--I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies [are] my meditation.--If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Joh 17:17 15:3 Col 3:16 Ps 119:9,10 Pr 2:10,11 Job 23:11,12 Ps 119:99 Joh 8:31,32

Thursday November 16, 2006

Evening

Fellowcitizens with the saints.

Ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect.

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of [them], and embraced [them], and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.--Our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.--The Father . . . hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son.

As strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul.

Eph 2:19 Heb 12:22,23 Heb 11:13 Php 3:20,21 Col 1:12,13 1Pe 2:11

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 17, 2006, 05:11:31 PM »

Friday November 17, 2006

Morning

Thy thoughts are very deep.

We . . . do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.--That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what [is] the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable [are] his judgments, and his ways past finding out!--For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.--Many, O LORD my God, [are] thy wonderful works [which] thou hast done, and thy thoughts [which are] to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: [if] I would declare and speak [of them], they are more than can be numbered.

Ps 92:5 Col 1:9 Eph 3:17-19 Ro 11:33 Isa 55:8,9 Ps 40:5

Friday November 17, 2006

Evening

Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

They that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same.-- They have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind.--He that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption.

To him that soweth righteousness [shall be] a sure reward.-- He that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all [men], especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and [there is] that withholdeth more than is meet, but [it tendeth] to poverty. The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.--He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

Ga 6:7 Job 4:8 Ho 8:7 Ga 6:8 Pr 11:18 Ga 6:8-10 Pr 11:24,25 2Co 9:6

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 18, 2006, 06:33:20 PM »

Saturday November 18, 2006

Morning

He stayeth his rough wind in the day of the east wind.

Let us fall now into the hand of the LORD; for his mercies [are] great.--I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.--He will not always chide: neither will he keep [his anger] for ever. He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.-- For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we [are] dust.--I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].--Satan hath desired [to have] you, that he may sift [you] as wheat: but I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not.

Thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones [is] as a storm [against] the wall.

Isa 27:8 2Sa 24:14 Jer 30:11 Ps 103:9,10,14 Mal 3:17 1Co 10:13 Lu 22:31,32 Isa 25:4

Saturday November 18, 2006

Evening

I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen [it]: and, behold, the half was not told me.

The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon [is] here.--We beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

My speech and my preaching [was] . . . in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.--But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty.--We shall see him as he is.--In my flesh shall I see God.--I shall be satisfied.

1Ki 10:7 Mt 12:42 Joh 1:14 1Co 2:4,5,9,10 Isa 33:17 1Jo 3:2 Job 19:26 Ps 17:15

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 19, 2006, 02:05:24 PM »

Sunday November 19, 2006

Morning

By their fruits ye shall know them.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.--Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet [water] and bitter? Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so [can] no fountain both yield salt water and fresh. Who [is] a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.--Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by [your] good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by [his] fruit.--A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it?

Mt 7:20 1Jo 3:7 Jas 3:11-13 1Pe 2:12 Mt 12:33,35 Isa 5:4

Sunday November 19, 2006

Evening

I will make the place of my feet glorious.

Thus saith the LORD, The heaven [is] my throne, and the earth [is] my footstool.

Will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house which I have built!

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it [is] a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry [land]; and I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts. . . . The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.

I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. . . . And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God.

Isa 60:13 66:1 2Ch 6:18 Hag 2:6,7,9 Re 21:1,3

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 20, 2006, 08:37:47 PM »

Monday November 20, 2006

Morning

When I sit in darkness, the LORD [shall be] a light unto me.

When thou passest through the waters, I [will be] with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I [am] the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour.--I will bring the blind by a way [that] they knew not; I will lead them in paths [that] they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.--What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.--The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD [is] the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Mic 7:8 Isa 43:2,3 42:16 Ps 23:4 56:3,4 27:1

Monday November 20, 2006

Evening

One God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD.--Now a mediator is not [a mediator] of one, but God is one.

We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed iniquity, we have done wickedly. Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt; they remembered not the multitude of thy mercies. . . . Therefore he said that he would destroy them, had not Moses his chosen stood before him in the breach, to turn away his wrath, lest he should destroy [them].

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses [was faithful] in all his house.

He is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.--I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

1Ti 2:5 De 6:4 Ga 3:20 Ps 106:6,7,23 Heb 3:1-3 8:6,12

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 21, 2006, 05:30:19 AM »

Tuesday November 21, 2006

Morning

Him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

It shall come to pass, when he crieth unto me, that I will hear; for I [am] gracious.--I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I [am] the LORD their God.--I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.--Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.--Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench.

Joh 6:37 Ex 22:27 Le 26:44 Eze 16:60 Isa 1:18 55:7  Lu 23:42,43 Isa 42:3

Tuesday November 21, 2006

Evening

His dear Son.

Lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.--Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, [in whom] my soul delighteth.--The only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father.

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.--And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

The glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.--Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God.

Col 1:13 Mt 3:17 Isa 42:1 Joh 1:18 1Jo 4:9,10,16 Joh 17:22-24 1Jo 3:1

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 22, 2006, 08:51:32 AM »

Wednesday November 22, 2006

Morning

Praying in the Holy Ghost.

God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.--We . . . have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou [wilt].

The Spirit . . . helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God.--This is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us. When he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth.

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication.

Jude 1:20 Joh 4:24 Eph 2:18 Mt 26:39 Ro 8:26,27 1Jo 5:14 Joh 16:13 Eph 6:18

Wednesday November 22, 2006

Evening

There is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.

A bruised reed shall he not break.--He restoreth my soul.

Godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.--No chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.--After all that is come upon us for our evil deeds, and for our great trespass, seeing that thou our God hast punished us less than our iniquities [deserve], and hast given us [such] deliverance as this.

Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD [shall be] a light unto me. . . . He will bring me forth to the light, [and] I shall behold his righteousness.

Job 14:7 Isa 42:3 Ps 23:3 2Co 7:10 Heb 12:11 Ps 119:67 Ezr 9:13 Mic 7:8,9

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the