Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:56:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Book of Revelations.....The Antichrist!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Book of Revelations.....The Antichrist!  (Read 9180 times)
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2005, 11:06:17 PM »

Our bodies will they be like they are now? Will those who do not have limbs be the same?  When the disciples saw Jesus after His resurection was He blood covered? His body was different. Read the accounts there is one in Luke and one in John, maybe more. They read like HE could change His appierance.

I sure hope my spelling is changed  Tongue

Or, maybe because they were not like Him, they each saw Him differently.  That could account for Him looking like He changed appearance.  It just might be saying something to each one of us, also. Wink

Grace and peace,
cris

Reba
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2005, 11:23:10 PM »

When is a human body at its peak?

Could be Cris they saw Him when God "opened" their eyes. I think that is about what you said  Huh

******************* ****************************************************************

I love topics about  an antichrist in the book of Revelations.

How about 'antichrist' in the little books of John ? God tells us plainly who is antichrist.

1 John 2:18

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
KJV

1 John 2:22

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
KJV

1 John 4:3

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
KJV

2 John 7

7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
KJV

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2005, 11:41:50 PM »

Reba,

I'm not sure when a human body is at it's "peak".  I'm not even sure what that means.  Could be maybe like Adam and Eve's body before the fall?

I didn't look at it as God opening their eyes.  Since they didn't recognize Him, I thought it was unbelief that caused a person to see something other than what really is.  It is my understanding that none of the apostles really believed who He was until after the resurrection.  This is where I believe God finally opened their eyes.  But, I think that's what you meant in the first place. Tongue

Grace and peace,
cris
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2005, 11:46:46 PM »

As I said before:

he Resurrection of the body means our bodies will be Resurrected, made whole and holy...

Maybe it means something different to you, but to me, Made whole means fixed, returned to their peak.

Tibby,

It's stated completely differently in the Holy Bible, and I'll believe that one. Maybe you can ask God if you can keep your old body.  Huh

Reba
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2005, 12:03:50 AM »

Reba,

I'm not sure when a human body is at it's "peak".  I'm not even sure what that means.  Could be maybe like Adam and Eve's body before the fall?

I didn't look at it as God opening their eyes.  Since they didn't recognize Him, I thought it was unbelief that caused a person to see something other than what really is.  It is my understanding that none of the apostles really believed who He was until after the resurrection.  This is where I believe God finally opened their eyes.  But, I think that's what you meant in the first place. Tongue

Grace and peace,
cris

Cris,  The stories,  in John 21 and Luke 24 are after the resurection.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2005, 12:22:40 AM »

Reba,

Yes, I know that.  I'm not making myself clear.  I'll try again.

It wasn't that they didn't recognize Him because He was changing His appearance, but rather because of who THEY were.  It was their unbelief that blinded them.  I also said that maybe because they were not LIKE Him, they couldn't recognize Him, that is, until their eyes were opened.

I have a problem explaining what I'm really thinking, sometimes.  Sorry!

Grace and peace,
cris

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2005, 12:57:25 AM »

Tibby,

How do you respond to the verse...

1Co 15:50  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

in regards to your understanding of the resurrection?

I am in no way trying to pick a fight here  Cheesy  just trying to understand what you are saying...when you say we will raised whole and the spirit rejoined (or however you said it).

Just a little confused by your comments at the moment.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2005, 01:19:09 AM »

Rev 13:4  And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
Rev 13:5  And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
Rev 13:6  And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Obviously the dragon is Satan.   Who is the Beast?   Note that they worship both Satan and the Beast.

Also note the contrast to verse 4 above to...

Exo 15:11  Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?

A pretty arogant fellow this beast is.

2Th 2:4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Would you call this an opponent of Christ, or One who denies Jesus as God in the flesh?   Does this fit the description of 1 John 2:22, 1 John 4:3, 2 John 7?

2 John 7

7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Rev 13:8  And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Its certainly difficult not to give this Beast the title Antichrist from what I see in scripture.   Not only does he deny Everything of God, but He deceives the entire unsaved world to do the same by worshiping him and declaring himself God.   Yup, thats an Antichrist if there ever was one.

Grace and Peace!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 01:26:22 AM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Reba
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2005, 09:32:18 AM »

1 John 2:18

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
KJV

1 John 2:22

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
KJV

1 John 4:3

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
KJV

2 John 7

KJV

I have never read where satan denies the Jesus is who He is. IF satan did not believe Jesus is who He is in the flesh would he have had all those babies killed?   The olny place in Scripture that  speaks of 'antichrist' is John and in those Books i do not read them to say  " thee antichrist" as in  one guy.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2005, 10:04:02 AM »

Reba,

You are arguing in semantics. Anyone that is against Jesus Christ is anti-christ. Who is more against Jesus than Satan himself?

Just because the word "anti-christ" is not used it does not mean that they are not against Jesus.

The term "The Anti-christ" was given to this person in Revelations because he will be a very major player in deceiving so many the world around and doing all he can against Jesus Christ.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2005, 10:07:21 AM »

1Jo 4:2  Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

Can Satan confess that Jesus came in the flesh according to this verse?  If so, then he must be of God, which we know he isn't  Wink

EDIT TO ADD:  I know the verse about demons knowing and trembling, but obviously they cannot confess this truth.

Grace and Peace!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 10:20:45 AM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2005, 10:30:13 AM »

I have never read where satan denies the Jesus is who He is. IF satan did not believe Jesus is who He is in the flesh would he have had all those babies killed?  The olny place in Scripture that  speaks of 'antichrist' is John and in those Books i do not read them to say  " thee antichrist" as in  one guy.

One more thing to touch on here...

Taking the verse in the little books of John, ANYone who does these things is an antichrist.   Well, the beast is one who does these things and leads the entire world into deception in a grand way.   I agree with you that anyone can be an antichrist using Johns description, but that would certainly include the Beast of Revelation.   Thus many calling Him THE antichrist...due to the power given him to lead the whole world into deception.

Love ya Reba!   I know we've been around and around on this topic....not sure why it never gets old talking with you about it though.   Cheesy

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Bronzesnake
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2005, 11:24:40 AM »

This is silly. Where does all evil and lies and murder and every vile disgusting and perverted thought and action origionate from? satan!!

satan is the father of antichrist. satan is "the" antichrist. It doesn't specifically state "satan is the antichrist" in the Bible, but it is a fact non the less. Why keep arguing against the obvious?

From now on, whenever you see one of us stating that "the antichrist" will come, just remember that we are talking about satan. There's no good reason to keep on arguing about it every time the subject comes up. The Bible doesn't specifically state "Jesus is God" it's reality though. There are numerous scriptures which prove beyond a shadow of any doubt that Jesus is God. satan is "the antichrist" - he's the father of antichrist - without satan there can be no antichrist.

Let it go my sister. Cheesy

Please don't get angry at me Reba, I'm not trying to start any trouble with you, but I really believe you are missing the big picture on this one my sister.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2005, 11:36:22 AM »

I know the following question doesn't belong on this thread but could you guys answer it anyway.  Didn't want to start a new thread on a simple question, but if somesome wants to move it, that's okay with me.

Isn't it true that Jesus' followers didn't REALLY believe He was the Son of God until after He resurrected?  That's when they were sure, correct?

Thanks.

Grace and peace,
cris

Bronzesnake
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2005, 12:07:11 PM »

I know the following question doesn't belong on this thread but could you guys answer it anyway.  Didn't want to start a new thread on a simple question, but if somesome wants to move it, that's okay with me.

Isn't it true that Jesus' followers didn't REALLY believe He was the Son of God until after He resurrected?  That's when they were sure, correct?

Thanks.

Grace and peace,
cris

Good question my friend.
Peter knew. Jesus told them who He was before He died. He also did things that only God could do, but I believe these men were absolutely shocked at actually walking and living with Jesus. It most certainly must have been a bizarre situation for them to actually try to put the fact that Jesus was God into perspective.

Most certainly, when they saw Jesus walking, breathing and talking after He was dead, they were emboldened to the point of willingly sacrificing their lives in order to spread the Gospel. Quite a change from running away and denying they even knew Jesus like they did after Jesus was captured.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the