Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:44:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Book of Revelations.....The Antichrist!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Book of Revelations.....The Antichrist!  (Read 8969 times)
Reba
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2005, 09:40:11 AM »

John 5:27-29

27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
KJV
Bronzesnake
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2005, 11:19:24 AM »

27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
KJV

Hey Reba. There's some excellent Second Coming/Glorious Appearance verses. These verses describe where people will end up at the Great White Throne Judgment.

Thanks my sister.

John
Reba
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2005, 10:40:23 PM »

KJV

Hey Reba. There's some excellent Second Coming/Glorious Appearance verses. These verses describe where people will end up at the Great White Throne Judgment.

Thanks my sister.

John

The above verses state that  an "hour" is coming when the dead in Christ and the Dead in,... well satan Tongue will 'come forth'

in reading  the listed points Bronze has posted....  i see he believes the christians in the graves are not going to be raptured. Is that what you believe?
Reba
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2005, 10:49:04 PM »

A quote from Bronze from his Rapture thread.

In the previous chapter, Paul was comforting those in the Thessalonian church who feared that those who are dead in Christ will not get raptured I THESSALONIANS 4:13-15. But Paul said that they will be resurrected 1 THESSALONIANS 4:16 and will precede those who are alive in Christ.

KJV

Thanks my sister.

John

Your post seem to contradict each other and the very Words of Christ. So explaine this to me untill i can understand, how it is not a crontradiction.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2005, 02:42:22 AM »

Reba Quote...
The above verses state that  an "hour" is coming when the dead in Christ and the Dead in,... well satan  will 'come forth'

in reading  the listed points Bronze has posted....  i see he believes the christians in the graves are not going to be raptured. Is that what you believe?

Your post seem to contradict each other and the very Words of Christ. So explaine this to me untill i can understand, how it is not a crontradiction.

Sure thing Reba.
The Rapture and His Glorious Appearance (actual second coming) are two distinct and separate events.
The following verses from 1 Thes 4 are Rapture verses. In these verses we see both the dead in Christ (believers in Jesus) and the living in Christ, both being caught up (Raptured) together to meet Jesus in the clouds, on our way to Heaven for the seven-year tribulation period. Paul is reassuring his followers that their friends who had died, and were believers in Jesus, would be Raptured along with those who are alive when Jesus opens a door in Heaven and sounds His "trump of God" and shouts "come up hither!"

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.  

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.  

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  

1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words

Reba, my sister. Look at the verses here (above) they describe Jesus "appearing" in the air, in the clouds Jesus shouts out a command for His faithful servants to "come up here!" There is a door open in Heaven to allow entry for His faithful - both the dead and the living. This is not His actual "landing" it's not His second coming. He never touches the ground here Reba. The details are deliberate and purposeful - In the air - in the clouds.

Contrast these verses with the actual second coming verses ( I have done a comparison in the pre-mid-post etc thread)
I’ll contrast the verses, which seem to contradict my belief in the Rapture, as you pointed out.

The following verses are not Rapture verses Reba. These verses line up with His second coming Great White Throne Judgment. I know this because verse 27 speaks about judgment being executed. Verses 28 & 29 detail the bodies coming out of the graves and being judged – some to eternal life and some to the Lake of Fire.

These verses are found in Revelation 20:11-15, I will type them in at the end of this post.

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.  

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.  

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.  

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.  

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.  

So, you see Reba, I am not contradicting myself. The confusion lies with the fast that there are two events 1) The Rapture & 2) The Second Coming/Great White Throne Judgment

I hope this helps you to figure out where I'm coming from my sister.

John

Reba
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2005, 11:53:26 PM »

4. No Judgment on earth at Rapture 4. Christ judges earth's inhabitants

I see a contradiction.
Reba
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2005, 10:34:32 PM »

Prophecy and Biblical Page Copyright © 2001 by STAT
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the