Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:38:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Book of Revelations.....The Antichrist!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Book of Revelations.....The Antichrist!  (Read 8971 times)
sabrina

Let the work I've done speak for me........

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 03:42:57 PM »

I'm not here to offend anyone Tibby......so back down.......this is just a point of discussion...and we can certainly agree to disagree in a Christain spirit.  I'm wondering where you are coming from this this herasy stuff.......wheres your scriptual support......or are you just speaking your opinion.  I'm certainly not out to make you mad or angry....so calm down.  That's what is so beautiful about us human being......everyone thinks differently according to where they have been in their life.  Now me I want proof straight from the bible.....and I want to read it for myself/////////so I welcome you to show me where you are getting your information from.  I'll be waiting!   Have a Blessed Day.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 04:24:43 PM »

If you do not want to get into it, then do not say things like "Apparently someone besides me is reading the Bible closely" in the Debate board, seety. Wink

I honestly can't believe I'm debating the Resurrection of the body on a Christian Board! THis is something ALL CHRISTIANS that are not Heretics argee on!

Allow me to quote Zakdar from a different post:

Man has three facets to his his being - spirit, soul, and body.

We are three-fold (1 thessalonians 5:23). You are denying who man is, as defined by the bible, by saying the body is just a disposable covering for the soul. The Gnostics believe we are spirit in a temporary body, too, and they are Heretics of the highest order. Are you going to tell me the Gnostics are not Heretics? What you are tryign to say is a major Gnostic teaching!

Your body is not like a dirty diaper! Don't you know it is the Temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19)?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 04:50:44 PM »

Tibby,

I think that I see the confusion here.

Christians will certainly NOT spend eternity with JESUS in these bodies we have on earth. We will be given GLORIFIED BODIES at God's appointed time. We will spend eternity with JESUS in GLORIFIED BODIES, NOT these bodies of clay.

Tibby, this is just one of the promises of God. There will be no pain any longer, and those with broken bodies will be free of them. We won't need wheelchairs, crutches, and canes for eternity.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:17-18  For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)  Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 05:03:24 PM »

While I agree that our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit we are also told that our vile bodies will be changed in the twinkling of an eye.

Phi 3:21  Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

This new body that we will receive is a body that will not die. Is it spirit? I don't think so. This verse also says that it will be like the body of Jesus Christ's glorified body. The Bible does not give us specifics on this but we know that it is a body that will not die, it is a body that can be seen by all in this world and it is a body that can be touched by those of this world.

We see this again in the following verses:

1Co 15:51  Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Co 15:55  O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
1Co 15:56  The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Take note in verse 51 that it says we will not all sleep. This is indicating that not all will die before the rapture. It goes on to say that all will be changed.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 05:26:06 PM »

Yes, these boys will be changed, into something holy. Our bodies are by no means one-time-use cameras. I understand what she was trying to say, but it is wrong. Our bodies will be Resurrected and sanctified.

AJ

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005, 06:14:32 PM »

I think we are talking about the seed.. that God will turn into a flower, No matter where or how it was planted  Smiley

God bless

« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 06:17:07 PM by AJ » Logged
Bronzesnake
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2005, 06:17:26 PM »

These bodies will be discarded! That's not heresy.

So, what you are saying is that when the body dies, that is it, we will be spirit alone for the rest of Eternity? Are you saying, once dead, we will never see our bodies again? Are you saying the Resurrection of the body is not true? Because if so, then yes, that is heresy you are speaking! That is what the Gnostics teach! It has been Heresy almost as long as the Church has been around!

Nope. I'm saying our sin bodies will be discarded, and we will receive new eternal bodies.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2005, 06:23:02 PM »

tHANK YOU bRONZESNAKE......Apparently someone besides me is reading the Bible closely.......No Tibby of course I believe that the dead will be raised up, and those who are in Christ will have themselves regenerated.....as to this is one of the wonders of the Lords power....miracles!!!!!  Much like when Lazareth was raised from the dead after 3 days with the blood running threw his veins as if nothing had happenned to him at all.  So shall we be......but it is no secret that these bodies only house the ours spirits and this is the only way we can live in this earthly life.  When we see our heavenly father we will be in the spirit form.  That's why things of this world are not to be treasured because they will not be with us......nothing crosses over but the spirit.  The Lord owns our soul if we follow him.......and of course some souls will be lost to satan......many of them.......thats sort of our job while we are here we.....are to spread the good news and minimize the losses as much as possible.  Copper is right the antichrist will be a human being that we can touch , smell and feel........he will be real and everything that will come out of his mouth will be a lie designed to trick and decieve.  Again I thank you for your wonderful comments....have a blessed day.

What does any of that have to do with anything? You and BS are talking about our bodies being discarded, and that is Gnostic. We are Body, mind, and spirit, Sabrina. Anything else would be heresy.

And how DARE you imply that anyone who doesn’t agree with you does no seriously read their bible. You are NOT infallible, keep that in mind before you run your mouth off like that again.

Come on Tibby, lighten up my brother - there's no need to get ugly my friend.

Sometimes we all get enthusiastic about our understanding of scriptures. Sabrina takes the Bible literally, as do many others including myself. It's useless to try and prove the Bible is literal or spiritual, or a combination of both. We all believe in Jesus and that's what will save us, not necessarily our understanding of the Bible.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2005, 06:41:57 PM »

I guess your right. I’m getting to overworked. However, I still stand, the Resurrection of the body means our bodies will be Resurrected, made whole and holy, and reunited with our spirit, and then we will be full humans, as God meant for us to be. This is basic Christian Dourine, and to imply our bodies are just garbage to be tossed out is Heresy taught by the Gnostics.  Undecided

Sorry that I keep causing trouble over and over again, guys. Undecided

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2005, 07:31:08 PM »

I guess your right. I’m getting to overworked. However, I still stand, the Resurrection of the body means our bodies will be Resurrected, made whole and holy, and reunited with our spirit, and then we will be full humans, as God meant for us to be. This is basic Christian Dourine, and to imply our bodies are just garbage to be tossed out is Heresy taught by the Gnostics.  :-\

Sorry that I keep causing trouble over and over again, guys. :-\

Brother Tibby,

There is absolutely nothing Gnostic about stating the fact that we won't be spending eternity with Jesus in these bodies. Maybe you are arguing semantics, but maybe not. I really don't know, but I do know with all certainty that we will be spending eternity with JESUS with Glorified Bodies, NOT these bodies we have now. This is a promise of God - plain and simple. There is no heresy involved with repeating a Promise of God. UNLESS, you wish to argue that God never made such a promise. If so, the Promise has already been quoted.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 5:20-21  Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2005, 08:08:02 PM »

Maybe you are arguing semantics, but maybe not.

I guess maybe so. Undecided

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2005, 09:18:54 PM »

Certainly we will have bodies, but they wont be like the ones we have now.

1Co 15:50  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

1Jo 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Seems to explain it as well as we can understand it now.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Reba
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2005, 09:46:29 PM »

Our bodies will they be like they are now? Will those who do not have limbs be the same?  When the disciples saw Jesus after His resurection was He blood covered? His body was different. Read the accounts there is one in Luke and one in John, maybe more. They read like HE could change His appierance.

I sure hope my spelling is changed  Tongue
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2005, 10:15:09 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Maybe some of the young folks still have bodies with all of the parts working and no pain.  Cheesy  Some of the older folks can't say that. However, the Glorified Body we will be given for eternity with JESUS will be perfect. Everything will work, and there will no longer be any pain. Nobody, even the young ones, will miss the old body of flesh.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 2:1-7  And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2005, 10:25:47 PM »

As I said before:

he Resurrection of the body means our bodies will be Resurrected, made whole and holy...

Maybe it means something different to you, but to me, Made whole means fixed, returned to their peak.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the