Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:25:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional  (Read 60119 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: December 13, 2006, 04:25:50 AM »

==============================================
             Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
                      Friday December 8, 2006
        http://bible.christiansunite.com/devotionals.shtml

Morning

By love serve one another.

Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.--Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, [see that ye] love one another with a pure heart fervently.--Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.--[Be] kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another.--Yea, all [of you] be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

We . . . that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

Ga 5:13 6:1,2 Jas 5:19,20 1Pe 1:22 Ro 13:8 12:10 1Pe 5:5 Ro 15:1

/---------------------------------------------------------\
            Be sure to check out our other devotionals
   \---------------------------------------------------------/

Friday December 8, 2006

Evening

The dust return to the earth as it was.

It is sown in corruption; . . . it is sown in dishonour; . . . it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: it is sown a natural body.--The first man [is] of the earth, earthy.

Dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return.--One dieth in his full strength, being wholly at ease and quiet. . . . And another dieth in the bitterness of his soul, and never eateth with pleasure. They shall lie down alike in the dust, and the worms shall cover them.

My flesh . . . shall rest in hope.--[Though] after my skin [worms] destroy this [body], yet in my flesh shall I see God.-- The Lord Jesus Christ . . . shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it [is; that] I may know how frail I [am].--So teach [us] to number our days, that we may apply [our] hearts unto wisdom.

Ec 12:7 1Co 15:42-44,47 Ge 3:19 Job 21:23,25,26 Ps 16:9 Job 19:26 Php 3:20,21 Ps 39:4 90:12

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 13, 2006, 04:27:48 AM »

Saturday December 9, 2006

Morning

To do justice and judgment [is] more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what [is] good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?--Hath the LORD [as great] delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey [is] better than sacrifice, [and] to hearken than the fat of rams.--To love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love [his] neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

Therefore turn thou to thy God: keep mercy and judgment, and wait on thy God continually.--Mary . . . sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.--One thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

It is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

Pr 21:3 Mic 6:8 1Sa 15:22 Mr 12:33 Ho 12:6 Lu 10:39,42  Php 2:13

Saturday December 9, 2006

Evening

The spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

The LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.--[There is] a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.--The first man Adam was made a living soul.--The spirit of man that goeth upward.

Whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord. . . . We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.--With Christ; which is far better.--I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.

Ec 12:7 Ge 2:7 Job 32:8 1Co 15:45 Ec 3:21 2Co 5:6,8 Php 1:23 1Th 4:13,14 Joh 14:2,3

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 13, 2006, 04:30:23 AM »

=============================================
                     Sunday December 10, 2006

Morning

No [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.

I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.-- The Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve [me] unto his heavenly kingdom.--We are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.--Your life is hid with Christ in God.

Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

Our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given [us] everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

Joh 10:29 2Ti 1:12 4:18 Ro 8:37-39 Col 3:3 Jas 2:5 2Th 2:16,17

Sunday December 10, 2006

Evening

The perfect law of liberty.

Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. . . . Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. . . . If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.--For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only [use] not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.--Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.--For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to [her] husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of [her] husband.

The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.--I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.

Jas 1:25 Joh 8:32-34,36 Ga 5:1,13,14 Ro 6:18 7:2 8:2 Ps 119:45

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 13, 2006, 04:32:31 AM »

Monday December 11, 2006

Morning

Let not then your good be evil spoken of.

Abstain from all appearance of evil.--Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men.--For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men.

But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or [as] a thief, or [as] an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. Yet if [any man suffer] as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only [use] not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.--Take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.--Whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and [that] he were drowned in the depth of the sea.--Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.

Ro 14:16 1Th 5:22 2Co 8:21 1Pe 2:15 4:15,16 Ga 5:13 1Co 8:9 Mt 18:6 25:40

Monday December 11, 2006

Evening

Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

[It is] high time to awake out of sleep: for now [is] our salvation nearer than when we believed.--Therefore let us not sleep, as [do] others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.--Let your loins be girded about, and [your] lights burning; and ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord.

Eph 5:14 Ro 13:11 1Th 5:6-8 Isa 60:1,2 1Pe 1:13 Lu 12:35,36

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 13, 2006, 04:34:49 AM »

============================================
                     Tuesday December 12, 2006

Morning

The LORD, [is] in the midst of thee.

Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. --Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees. Say to them [that are] of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come [with] vengeance, [even] God [with] a recompence; he will come and save you.--The LORD thy God in the midst of thee [is] mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.--Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Zep 3:15 Isa 41:10 35:3,4 Zep 3:17 Ps 27:14 Re 21:3,4

Tuesday December 12, 2006

Evening

Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward.

Be of good courage, and let us behave ourselves valiantly for our people, and for the cities of our God: and let the LORD do [that which is] good in his sight.--We made our prayer unto our God, and set a watch against them day and night.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.--If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God.--Then shall we know, [if] we follow on to know the LORD.

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation.--Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.--Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord.

Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees. Say to them [that are] of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not.

Ex 14:15 1Ch 19:13 Ne 4:9 Mt 7:21 Joh 7:17 Ho 6:3 Mt 26:41 1Co 16:13 Ro 12:11 Isa 35:3,4

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 13, 2006, 04:38:25 AM »

Wednesday December 13, 2006

Morning

Be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power. --As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, [so] walk ye in him: rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.--Trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.--Built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner [stone]; in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.--Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Fight the good fight of faith.--In nothing terrified by your adversaries.

2Ti 2:1 Col 1:11 2:6,7 Isa 61:3 Eph 2:20-22 Ac 20:32 Php 1:11 1Ti 6:12 Php 1:28

Wednesday December 13, 2006

Evening

Thou renderest to every man according to his work.

For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.--If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.--We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things [done] in [his] body, according to that he hath done, whether [it be] good or bad.

When thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: that thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.-- After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency [is] of God.--LORD, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us.

Ps 62:12 1Co 3:11,14,15 2Co 5:10 Mt 6:3,4 25:19 2Co 3:5 Isa 26:12

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 14, 2006, 11:13:45 AM »

Thursday December 14, 2006

Morning

Make his praise glorious.

This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.--I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me. And it shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth.--By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of [our] lips giving thanks to his name.

I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore. For great [is] thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell. --Who [is] like unto thee, O LORD, . . . glorious in holiness, fearful [in] praises, doing wonders?--I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.--They sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous [are] thy works, Lord God Almighty.

Ps 66:2 Isa 43:21 Jer 33:8,9 Heb 13:15 Ps 86:12,13 Ex 15:11 Ps 69:30 Re 15:3

Thursday December 14, 2006

Evening

By nature the children of wrath, even as others.

We ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, [and] hating one another.--Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Job answered the LORD, and said, Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.--The LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that [there is] none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.--David . . . to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the [son] of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.

I obtained mercy . . . who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Eph 2:3 Tit 3:3 Joh 3:7 Job 40:3,4 1:8 Ps 51:5 Ac 13:22 1Ti 1:13 Joh 3:6

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 16, 2006, 06:32:27 AM »

Friday December 15, 2006

Morning

Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: [who] took upon him the form of a servant.--Even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.--He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

When Jesus . . . saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled. . . . Jesus wept.--Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

[Be ye] all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, [be] pitiful, [be] courteous: not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Ga 6:2 Php 2:4,5,7 Mr 10:45 2Co 5:15 Joh 11:33,35 Ro 12:15 1Pe 3:8,9

Friday December 15, 2006

Evening

Son, go work to day in my vineyard.

Thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Reckon ye . . . yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God.--As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: but as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.--Sanctified, and meet for the master's use, [and] prepared unto every good work.

Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Mt 21:28 Ga 4:7 Ro 6:11-13 1Pe 1:14-16 2Ti 2:21 1Co 15:58

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 16, 2006, 06:34:21 AM »

Saturday December 16, 2006

Morning

Having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.--I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.--Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.--A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

He which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ.--Christ . . . loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word.

Joh 13:1 17:9,10,15,16 15:9,13,14 13:34 Php 1:6 Eph 5:25,26

Saturday December 16, 2006

Evening

The deep things of God.

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.--It is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven.

We have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what [is] the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

1Co 2:10 Joh 15:15 Mt 13:11 1Co 2:12 Eph 3:14-19

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 17, 2006, 01:22:45 PM »

Sunday December 17, 2006

Morning

Quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.

It is the spirit that quickeneth.--The Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God.--Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance.

I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me.--The words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life.--The letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.--If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.--This is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us.

No man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Ps 80:18 Joh 6:63 Ro 8:26,27 Eph 6:18 Ps 119:93 Joh 6:63 2Co 3:6 Joh 15:7 1Jo 5:14 1Co 12:3

Sunday December 17, 2006

Evening

Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove [them].

Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven. . . . I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.--That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.

In a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

Eph 5:11 1Co 15:33 5:6,7,9-11 Php 2:15 2Ti 2:20

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 18, 2006, 09:54:01 AM »

Monday December 18, 2006

Morning

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.--Ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain.-- Having therefore, . . . boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; and [having] an high priest over the house of God. Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.--We may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Heb 4:16 Php 4:6,7 Ro 8:15 Isa 45:19 Heb 10:19,22 13:6

Monday December 18, 2006

Evening

Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.--The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.--If the Son . . . shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.--Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.--Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Joh 8:32 2Co 3:17 Ro 8:2 Joh 8:36 Ga 4:31 2:16 Jas 1:25 Ga 5:1

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 19, 2006, 06:42:48 AM »

Tuesday December 19, 2006

Morning

Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness.

Who [is] among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh [in] darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God.--Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth [him with] his hand.--The commandment [is] a lamp; and the law [is] light.

Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD [shall be] a light unto me. I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, [and] I shall behold his righteousness.

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great [is] that darkness!

Ps 112:4 Isa 50:10 Ps 37:24 Pr 6:23 Mic 7:8,9 Mt 6:22,23

Tuesday December 19, 2006

Evening

He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry [them] in his bosom, [and] shall gently lead those that are with young.

I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days, and have nothing to eat: . . . I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way.--We have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities.

They brought young children to him, . . . and he took them up in his arms, put [his] hands upon them, and blessed them.

I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant.--The Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.--Ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.--I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord GOD.

Isa 40:11 Mt 15:32 Heb 4:15 Mr 10:13,16 Ps 119:176 Lu 19:10 1Pe 2:25 Lu 12:32 Eze 34:15

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 20, 2006, 08:08:28 AM »

Wednesday December 20, 2006

Morning

He hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world.

That we should be holy and without blame before him in love.

God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: whereunto he called you, . . . to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.--Whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.-- Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.--God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

Eph 1:4 2Th 2:13,14 Ro 8:29,30 1Pe 1:2 Eze 36:26 1Th 4:7

Wednesday December 20, 2006

Evening

[If] the LORD would make windows in heaven, might this thing be?

Have faith in God.--Without faith [it is] impossible to please [God].--With God all things are possible.

Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver?

My thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.--Prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that [there shall] not [be room] enough [to receive it].

Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear.--LORD, [it is] nothing with thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power.

We should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead.

2Ki 7:2 Mr 11:22 Heb 11:6 Mt 19:26 Isa 50:2 55:8,9 Mal 3:10 Isa 59:1 2Ch 14:11 2Co 1:9

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 21, 2006, 05:43:54 AM »

Thursday December 21, 2006

Morning

The days of thy mourning shall be ended.

In the world ye shall have tribulation.--The whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit], the redemption of our body.--We that are in [this] tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Isa 60:20 Joh 16:33 Ro 8:22,23 2Co 5:4 Re 7:14-17

Thursday December 21, 2006

Evening

Master, carest thou not that we perish?

The LORD [is] good to all: and his tender mercies [are] over all his works.

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.--While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

The LORD [is] good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.--God heard the voice of the lad; and the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said unto her, What aileth thee, Hagar? fear not; for God hath heard the voice of the lad where he [is]. . . . And God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water; and she went, and filled the bottle with water, and gave the lad drink.

Take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? . . . for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.--Trust . . . in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy.

Mr 4:38 Ps 145:9 Ge 9:3 Ge 8:22 Na 1:7 Ge 21:17,19 Mt 6:31,32 1Ti 6:17

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 22, 2006, 02:14:49 PM »

Friday December 22, 2006

Morning

Your work of faith.

This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.--Faith which worketh by love.--He that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.--We are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.--Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth.-- Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of [this] calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of [his] goodness, and the work of faith with power.--It is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

1Th 1:3 Joh 6:29 Jas 2:17 Ga 5:6 6:8 Eph 2:10 Tit 2:14 2Th 1:3,11 Php 2:13

Friday December 22, 2006

Evening

Where is the promise of his coming?

Enoch, . . . the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon all.--Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him.

The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

2Pe 3:4 Jude 1:14-15 Re 1:7 1Th 4:16,17 Tit 2:11-13

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the