Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:09:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Maps of Israel / West Bank
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maps of Israel / West Bank  (Read 13921 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2004, 06:18:37 PM »

In light of current news surrounding Israel and the land disputes, I thought these would be interesting viewings.

How the land was divided by tribes.

Davids Israel

In Jesus' time

Proposal 1947 - 1950

1967 - 1993

Close up of West bank

The Israel-PLO Declaration of Principles on Interim Self-Government Arrangements (the DOP), signed in Washington on 13 September 1993, provided for a transitional period not exceeding five years of Palestinian interim self-government in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank. Under the DOP, Israel agreed to transfer certain powers and responsibilities to the Palestinian Authority, which includes the Palestinian Legislative Council elected in January 1996, as part of the interim self-governing arrangements in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. A transfer of powers and responsibilities for the Gaza Strip and Jericho took place pursuant to the Israel-PLO 4 May 1994 Cairo Agreement on the Gaza Strip and the Jericho Area and in additional areas of the West Bank pursuant to the Israel-PLO 28 September 1995 Interim Agreement, the Israel-PLO 15 January 1997 Protocol Concerning Redeployment in Hebron, the Israel-PLO 23 October 1998 Wye River Memorandum, and the 4 September 1999 Sharm el-Sheikh Agreement. The DOP provides that Israel will retain responsibility during the transitional period for external and internal security and for public order of settlements and Israeli citizens. Direct negotiations to determine the permanent status of Gaza and West Bank that began in September 1999 after a three-year hiatus, were derailed by a second intifadah that broke out in September 2000. The resulting widespread violence in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, Israel's military response, and instability within the Palestinian Authority continue to undermine progress toward a permanent agreement.

Grace and Peace!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 06:56:59 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 06:42:46 PM »

Hmmm.....going by the previous info, looks like Oslo was only for 5 years, unless I am missing an addendum.

Grace and Peace

Tim

Reba
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 07:30:58 PM »

Gen 15:18

18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
KJV

Deut 11:24

24 Every place whereon the soles of your feet shall tread shall be yours: from the wilderness and Lebanon, from the river, the river Euphrates, even unto the uttermost sea shall your coast be.
KJV

Josh 21:43-45

43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.

44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.

45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.
KJV
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 08:30:52 PM »

Gen 13:15  For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

Wink

Eze 36:16  Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Eze 36:17  Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.
Eze 36:18  Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it:
Eze 36:19  And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.
Eze 36:20  And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.
Eze 36:21  But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.
Eze 36:22  Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
Eze 36:23  And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
Eze 36:24  For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

Eze 36:25  Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27  And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Eze 36:28  And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

I know you disagree Reba, but the maps are pretty arent they?   Cheesy

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Reba
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 09:42:36 PM »

I dont call maps pretty but i sure like em, I read cook books and maps for entertainment.. Tongue Yes i am admitting i am weird.

Do you have a map of the area of land God promised to Abe? (Gen 15:18)Years ago i saw an " overlay?" i think it is called transparencies …?  I find the history of the land interesting.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 10:22:50 PM »

LOL at least you can admit it.  I'm in denial  Tongue  Cheesy

If you like bible maps check these out.   http://www.bible.ca/maps/    and scroll down a bit.

The very first one is Abraham's Journey 2000 BC.   Very interesting maps.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 12:35:00 AM »

The maps are great. I have a lot of the old Biblical maps but not these. Thanks.

I was in de Nile once and it was real wet.  Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Reba
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 12:38:20 AM »

yikes  i  am  sure rounded  by

DORKS !    
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 12:48:52 AM »

yikes  i  am  sure rounded  by

DORKS !    

Thank you. That is one of the nicer things I have been called. Wink

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004, 09:42:42 AM »

LOL @ Pastor and Reba Grin

Tim

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2004, 04:55:59 PM »

I'm ready!!!!!

hmmmm............

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2004, 05:03:33 PM »

I'm ready!!!!!

hmmmm............

ROFL...very nice...I like it!

Trust me, when the Lord returns, you wont need any flying lessons brother.   You're gonna go up like cork in fresh water...lol

Tim

at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2004, 09:08:17 AM »

Hi all, this is my frist time here and frist post too.

The link to this map said...Where Books of the Bible were Written, but the title says Books of the Bible In the Lands of the Bible.

The very first one is Abraham's Journey 2000 BC.  Very interesting maps.

Also another map of Abraham's Journey looks nice Wink.

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 09:18:11 AM »

at_the_Cross, Welcome to CU!   Smiley

The maps are awesome!   I liked them so much, I'm going to link them here.

Thanks!!!!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Reba
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2004, 09:44:41 PM »

Looking at these maps i have to ask .....

Do the Jews have all the land promised to Abe?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the