Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:27:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  National Geographic slams Christians!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: National Geographic slams Christians!  (Read 9316 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2005, 02:18:43 AM »

I think you would be hard-pressed to find even a single one of our Black brothers and sisters who would prefer to live in the United States of 50 years ago.

This is around the 50th anniversary of the birth of the Civil Rights Movement, which most historians say began with the national reaction to the murder of a 14 year old black boy, Emmett Till, by a gang of white men and women in Mississippi. Two men were tried and though the evidence of their guilt was overwhelming, they were acquited.

The America of 50 years ago was, for many Christians, an ugly place indeed.

Dyskolos,

WOW! - You have one example of moral progress. Do you have another one?

There isn't room here to list the areas of moral erosion. If you think that the morals of today are higher than they were 50 years ago, you couldn't be older than 10.   ;D

Love In Christ,
Tom

I John 2:1  My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2005, 04:07:56 AM »

Bronzesnake Said:

By the way. I am presently building a web site which, among other things, presents strong, clear evidence for creation and against evolution.

As soon as it's complete, I will invite you to visit and learn the real facts, as opposed to the garbage and outright fraud you have picked up in school.

Bronzesnake.

Brother, I remember many of your excellent posts on this subject in the past. Please remember me when things get close. I would absolutely love to do another study on Almighty God's Creation. Every time I open my eyes, I see HIS MAJESTIC WORKS.

My Brother, there is no rule here that prohibits telling the facts of God's Creation. In fact, I think this would be a fascinating Bible study in the Bible Study area. However, the evolutionists would not be permitted to argue against your Biblical stance. Christians Unite would then represent the opposite of what is being done in schools with our children. Evolution is crammed down the throat of our children in school and Biblical creation is banned. You could lock the thread to prevent curious monkeys from pawing out a monkey's response.   ;D

Brother, the facts of God's Creation are always welcome on Christians Unite. Brother, I'm also sure that you can and will honor God with your writing wherever you post it.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 21:13  Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2005, 10:42:48 AM »

Bronzesnake Said:

By the way. I am presently building a web site which, among other things, presents strong, clear evidence for creation and against evolution.

As soon as it's complete, I will invite you to visit and learn the real facts, as opposed to the garbage and outright fraud you have picked up in school.

Bronzesnake.

Brother, I remember many of your excellent posts on this subject in the past. Please remember me when things get close. I would absolutely love to do another study on Almighty God's Creation. Every time I open my eyes, I see HIS MAJESTIC WORKS.

My Brother, there is no rule here that prohibits telling the facts of God's Creation. In fact, I think this would be a fascinating Bible study in the Bible Study area. However, the evolutionists would not be permitted to argue against your Biblical stance. Christians Unite would then represent the opposite of what is being done in schools with our children. Evolution is crammed down the throat of our children in school and Biblical creation is banned. You could lock the thread to prevent curious monkeys from pawing out a monkey's response.   Grin

Brother, the facts of God's Creation are always welcome on Christians Unite. Brother, I'm also sure that you can and will honor God with your writing wherever you post it.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 21:13  Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power.

Hey, thanks very much my friend!
I would love to start a Bible study on God's creation.

Bronzesnake
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2005, 01:36:11 PM »

Bronzesnake Said:

Hey, thanks very much my friend!
I would love to start a Bible study on God's creation.

Bronzesnake

Brother, I think that would make many Christians very happy. Many of us are angry that children are taught evolution in school, but GOD'S CREATION IS BANNED. Here, the opposite is true. Please feel free to take evolution apart and reduce it to the monkey waste that it really is. We have many young adults and teens on the forum who probably have never heard the truth. They may have read Genesis, didn't understand it, and were left with the one sided fairy tale they were taught in school. Many adults are probably in this same boat, including some Christians who have no idea that the theory of evolution is nothing more than an insult and slap in the face to Almighty God. You and I both know that mankind was created in GOD'S IMAGE, not a monkey's!

It makes me very sad that evolution is considered science and GOD'S CREATION is considered to be a fairy tale. It really makes me more than sad. There are many reasons why evolution is JUST A THEORY! There are a host of reasons why the HOLY BIBLE IS ABSOLUTE FACT AND THE INSPIRED WORD OF ALMIGHTY GOD!

I would absolutely love it if Christian parents directed their children to your web site and Christians Unite to hear and learn the TRUTH OF GOD'S CREATION! I am sure there are many Christians who will be cheering for you and offering to help in any way that they can. Please put me on your list of cheerleaders and supporters.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 118:24  This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2005, 01:41:15 PM »

I am sure there are many Christians who will be cheering for you and offering to help in any way that they can. Please put me on your list of cheerleaders and supporters.

I second that and join in saying, AMEN!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Dyskolos

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2005, 02:28:12 PM »

There isn't room here to list the areas of moral erosion. If you think that the morals of today are higher than they were 50 years ago, you couldn't be older than 10.   Grin

My dad does this once in a while, and when he goes into what I call his "cranky old man mode", I simply point out that the 'good old days' were not really as good as he remembers!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2005, 07:18:40 PM »

There isn't room here to list the areas of moral erosion. If you think that the morals of today are higher than they were 50 years ago, you couldn't be older than 10.   Grin

My dad does this once in a while, and when he goes into what I call his "cranky old man mode", I simply point out that the 'good old days' were not really as good as he remembers!

Maybe not for your dad, but they were great for me. There wasn't half as much strife, in the world. yes there was some anti-semitism, but nothing like it is today. People wanted a slower way of life, yester-year. Today, it's run, run, run, see how fast you can get from point "A" to point "B". Roll Eyes

Yes, yester-year was a whole lot better. Grin

Melody
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2005, 10:00:43 PM »

Anyways, there are transitional fossils.  It just depends on your definition of "transition" means.  [/color]  

Transition as in "missing link".  For example, if you look at the evolutionists theory of the evolution of "man", you'll see that on the downside of the "missing link" they all look like knuckle dragging apes with the typical bone structure of the large apes.  On the upside of the "missing link" they have the typical shorter arms, upright gait and bone structure of what we recognize as man.  

Gee.....they managed to find all these fossils, but not the one that links the two sides?  Wonder why.  It's because there isn't one.

Melody
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2005, 10:11:27 PM »

You need to check out the forum rules. It is forbidden to discuss evolution here in this forum and could get you banned.

Just a little friendly advise.

I have to say that this censorship is one of the things that I find distasteful in this forum.  I certainly understand that some topics are not debatable from a Christian perspective (i.e. homosexuality) and do nothing more than fan the flames (no pun intended); however, some subjects such as evolution vs creationism could be discussed rationally in a way that shows the evolutionists the errors of their thinking  Grin.

Melody

Bronzesnake
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2005, 10:19:22 PM »

You need to check out the forum rules. It is forbidden to discuss evolution here in this forum and could get you banned.

I have to say that this censorship is one of the things that I find distasteful in this forum.  I certainly understand that some topics are not debatable from a Christian perspective (i.e. homosexuality) and do nothing more than fan the flames (no pun intended); however, some subjects such as evolution vs creationism could be discussed rationally in a way that shows the evolutionists the errors of their thinking  Grin.

Melody

Hello my friend. There was a huge evilution vs creation thread here for a long time. However, you'll never seen such nasty, ugly exchanges as that topic "mutated" (pun intended) into. It really was a great example of how "mutations"  always cause a degredation or complete loss!  Cheesy

Evolutionists flocked to the thread and it was drag down dirty out and out war! It had to be stopped.

Bronzesnake
Melody
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2005, 10:33:29 PM »

Evolutionists flocked to the thread and it was drag down dirty out and out war! It had to be stopped.

Bronzesnake

Yes, I see how it could head that way, but then that's what moderators are for, no?  

Most things should be able to be discussed logically and rationally and if the person can't, they need to be banned....but the topic shouldn't be.  Just my .02.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2005, 12:47:20 AM »

Melody

Melody,

Those are the rules, and I agree with them completely. If I disagreed, it would make absolutely no difference at all - NONE!

This is a Christian Family Forum, and children are included as users. The theory of evolution is taught in public schools and the CREATION BY ALMIGHTY GOD IS BANNED! Here, the opposite is true.

The theory of evolution is unopposed in our public schools. I'm very happy to announce that BIBLICAL CREATION is taught on Christians Unite. In fact, one of our long-term Christians is about to take evolution apart and prove it to be lies. His study here will go unopposed, just the opposite of our public schools.

I say:

YEAH!

Our children aren't given a choice about the brain-washing in our public schools. Here, you have a choice - DON'T READ IT!

If you are waiting for some form of an apology about the rules here, you won't get one. The rules are quite intentional and are based on Biblical teaching. Further, they are the result of a lengthy track record, and they represent the wishes of the Christian who pays all the bills and makes things work, ADMIN. ADMIN has already been there, done that, and he has the t-shirt. Many of us have been there with him for a portion of that track record. We don't have the t-shirt, but we've seen his t-shirt. Regardless, one simple fact remains:

There are rules!

And they will be followed!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 11:33  O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2005, 01:10:51 AM »

I say:

[size=10]YEAH![/size]

I second that!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 01:12:47 AM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2005, 02:46:10 AM »

I just came across this article. Apparantly I wasn't the only one (present company excluded) who was steemed by the N.G. article. My contention is that N.G. presented an article which touted Darwinian evolution (macroevolution) as an absolute fact. The evidence which is forwarded throughout the column (and it's a long one) is 100% microevolution! yet it is being used as evidence of macroevolution - which has never been observed!

This is a long column...get a sandwich and a beverage...maybe even a pillow...actually, if you could push your computor up against your bed, and dig your camping coolers out from underneith the basement stairs so you can fill it with ice and a weeks supply of food, and... Wink

It is very much worth reading if you are at all interested in understanding the scope of misrepresentation of the truth, and outright frauds in regards to evolution and the institutions which perpetuate the lies.

National Geographic Shoots Itself In The Foot...Again!

[url]http://www.trueorigin.org/ng_ap01.asp[/url][/url]

Bronzesnake
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2005, 10:05:38 AM »

It is in fact a very long read. I am saving it as reference material but do not have the time to read it all right now. I did read enough to say that I believe Thompson and Harrub are on the mark about NG.

Thanks for the article Bronze.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the