Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:45:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  National Geographic slams Christians!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: National Geographic slams Christians!  (Read 9254 times)
Bronzesnake
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2005, 10:38:12 AM »

It is in fact a very long read. I am saving it as reference material but do not have the time to read it all right now. I did read enough to say that I believe Thompson and Harrub are on the mark about NG.

Thanks for the article Bronze.

My pleasure my friend!

Bronzesnake
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2005, 05:49:30 PM »

Bronzesnake,

Brother, please let me add a second thanks. The scientific data is growing by the minute that the theory of evolution is a fraud. It is very sad this has been taught in our public schools unopposed. FINALLY, the TRUTH IS COMING OUT!

Brother, this is a perfect opportunity to thank you again for your work in telling the truth, both here on Christians Unite and on your web site, The Fifth Day. I highly recommend that all Christians bookmark your web site, collect the REAL TRUTH, and share it with their children and grandchildren. I am doing just that.

The Fifth Day

http://www.geocities.com/reasonstobelieve2000/index.html

Brother, I plan to thankfully put to use your many years of study on this topic. Brother, I mainly want to thank you for sharing with us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 22:6  Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2005, 10:32:17 PM »

My brother Tom.

Please don't thank me - I feel like I have gained much, much more from C.U. and all my friends here than I could ever give back. I thnk you - all our fellow posters for being patient with me Wink and I thank C.U. for providing this Christian forum where the Truth is promoted unadulterated.

It is my absolute pleasure to be a part of this family. I will continue to contribute here in any way I can.

Bronzesnake
Mathurin

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2005, 05:19:38 PM »

No Kidding!! It is nice that some light is finally shining on the theory of evolution.   It is true that some evolution may occur but not the way they say it does.  Finally!  Don't get too excited, though, our teachers are still  nuts.  
Philippians 4:13

"A live dog is better then a dead lion." (Ecc 9:4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2005, 01:29:56 AM »

Just something for you guys to take a look at. Or look into. Dr. Kent Hovind has a Creation vs. Evolution seminar on DVD called The Age of the Earth. I think Age of the Earth is only the title of part 1, but I'm not quite sure as I'm just getting into them.

Anyway, from what I've heard, this is some good stuff with a lot of very solid evidence that the earth is not millions and millions of years old. I'll report back after I've watched more of it. In the meantime, here is Dr. Hovind's website: http://www.drdino.com. Hope y'all enjoy it and hope you guys that buy into the evolution theory check this out. It'll change your life.

God Bless,
Robert

[shadow=slategray,left,down]"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, And die to find there isn't, Than live my life as if there isn't, And die to find out there is."[/shadow]  
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2005, 12:01:46 PM »

Just something for you guys to take a look at. Or look into. Dr. Kent Hovind has a Creation vs. Evolution seminar on DVD called The Age of the Earth. I think Age of the Earth is only the title of part 1, but I'm not quite sure as I'm just getting into them.

Anyway, from what I've heard, this is some good stuff with a lot of very solid evidence that the earth is not millions and millions of years old. I'll report back after I've watched more of it. In the meantime, here is Dr. Hovind's website: http://www.drdino.com. Hope y'all enjoy it and hope you guys that buy into the evolution theory check this out. It'll change your life.

God Bless,
Robert

Thank you, I'll add that to my studies. I have it bookmarked for now.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2005, 04:13:33 AM »

Not sure if y'all want any more facts proving evolution wrong, but I think I have a few good ones.

First off let me start with something that really isn't having a whole lot to do with this: We live in a UNIVERSE! The word universe comes from (can't remember origins):
                        UNI ---->  SINGLE
                        VERSE --> SPOKEN SENTENCE

So we live in a single spoken sentence --> And God said, "Let there be!"

Anyway, I'll try and keep my facts together and organized, but I didn't do a good job of it on paper. Now remember, these notes come from only watching two hours of the first DVD and there are 7 DVD's.

Random Fact: There are enough stars in the uni-verse so that every human person on Planet Earth could have 20,000,000,000,000 or 20 Trillion of their own. Wow.

Anyway, here we go. Nobody hase ever seen a star being formed. People see stars dieing. That's called either a nova or supernove. But noone can prove the formation of a new star. Something stuck in my head and I was going to look it up in the Bible but didn't have to:

Quote from: Bronzesnake on 21:49 Fri, 21 January 2005
God says He created each life after it's own kind, He was very specific about this. Why do you think He clarified that fact?
Quote from: Sleeker on 21:49 Fri, 21 January 2005
Um... What?  He created each "life" after it's own "kind?"  What does that mean?

To clarify that Sleeker, a dog mates it will have a dog. Might be a small or big dog. Maybe even a different color or breed of dog, but still a dog in the end.

The first law of thermodynamics states: Matter can neither be created nor destroyed.
This leaves two options
     1) God made the Earth, or;
     2) The Earth made itself (Big Bang Theory).

Big Bang Theory
     18 - 20 Billion years ago (here comes the fairy tale) all matter in the universe (that's a lot of stuff) concentrated into a dot no bigger then a period on this page. Wow, that's one heavy period. And not only did this happen 18 - 20 Billion years ago, but it happens every 80 - 100 Billion years.This Dot came from nothing. Said dot got spinning so fast that it exploded. Thus, the planets, stars, Solar systems and universe were formed. To break it down and make it real easy to understand here's the Big Bang Theory in a sentence: We all came from a dot, and the dot came from nothing.

Now, there's a law, the law of the Conservation of Angular Momentum that states that all matter coming from or off of original dot should be spinning the same way as the original dot. If this Big Bang Theory is true then how come 2 possibly 3 planets in our own solar system spin backwards? How come 8 of 91 known moons spin backwards? How come there are even some galaxies that spin backwards?

Now to my last part for now. Evolutionist scientists use Radio Carbon Dating (RCD) to date fossils and what not they find. Here are two examples of why RCD is inaccurate.

1) The lower leg of the Fairbanks Creek Mammoth was Radio Carbon Dated age of 15,380 Radio Carbon Years (RCY) while the skin and flesh were RCD at 21,300. Did this mammoth have a slow birth or even slower death? Lose a leg somewhere in his life? (I'm working on getting the bibliography info for these examples as the resolution stank so I couldn't read them).

2)One part of the Vollosovitch Mammoth was RCD at 29,500 and another part was RCD at 44,000. (Once again, biblio info forthcoming).

I leave you with a last thought. Off subject but it deals with a good thinking process. A lot of people want to believe that they are going to heaven due to their good works and not based on faith, righteousness and justification. But think about this, If you kill one person, will the judge be leniant or let you go because of all the other people you didn't kill? After all the people you didn't kill (GOOD WORKS) you will be judged on the one person you did kill (SIN).

God Bless,
Robert

[shadow=slategray,left,down]"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, And die to find there isn't, Than live my life as if there isn't, And die to find out there is."[/shadow]  
Bronzesnake
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2005, 04:44:30 AM »

Good stuff Philippians 4:13.

Then there's the fact that all light points as viewed through the infrared spectrum- are moving away from Earth in every direction. So, you could make a good argument that Earth is smack dab in the center of the universe!

My friend, the forum rules prohibit creation vs evolution debate. So we'll have to refrain from going into it too deep my friend. I have been permited to do a creation vs evolution study by the ADMIN, however, it is a locked thread - so there is no debate.

Have a look in the Bible Study thread, then click on "In The Begining"
 Thanks for the info my friend.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2005, 12:24:13 PM »

Sorry. Just gettin excited because I'm seeing the truth in this. I've been having a hard time as of late and although I'm learning about Creation, I also think that I'm getting stronger and closer to the Lord through it. Your website is sweet. I've only just glanced a little through it, but I think it'll be a big help to me. Thanx for all your hard work on putting it together.

God Bless,
Robert

Bronzesnake
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2005, 09:23:52 PM »

Sorry. Just gettin excited because I'm seeing the truth in this. I've been having a hard time as of late and although I'm learning about Creation, I also think that I'm getting stronger and closer to the Lord through it. Your website is sweet. I've only just glanced a little through it, but I think it'll be a big help to me. Thanx for all your hard work on putting it together.

God Bless,
Robert

Hello Robert.

I know what you mean about being excited. We have had evolution shoved down our throats for so long, that many of us, Christians included, believe it is based on verifiable science. Even some of the top evolutionary scientists are beginning to admit publicly that there is really no evidence for evolution at all - that it's just wishful thinking on the part of people who spent their lives believing it.

Thanks for the compliment my friend. I am not feeling too good at the moment, but as soon as I start to feel better, I'm going to add much more to the creation vs evolution thread. My web site also has some good information also.

Bronzesnake

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2005, 01:07:30 AM »

In your studying, might I suggest you watch Dr. Hovind's seminar? It's quite long I have to admit, but so far, the three hours of it I watched have been totally worth it and have helped me fel better about where I came from.

God Bless,
Robert

Bronzesnake
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2005, 10:36:17 AM »

In your studying, might I suggest you watch Dr. Hovind's seminar? It's quite long I have to admit, but so far, the three hours of it I watched have been totally worth it and have helped me fel better about where I came from.

God Bless,
Robert

Yes, I visit Hovind's site ocasionally. You may like www.answersingenesis.org  This site is huge, and there's a load of very good information there.

Great talking with you my friend.

Bronzesnake

HumbleServant

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2005, 04:16:40 AM »

I would like to thank Bronzesnake for all that wonderful information in his 'In The Beginning' thread.http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=20;action=display;threadid=6659;start=0

As an educator of young children, this information will be invaluable to me in my fight against the lies and misinformation of the evil evolutionists that has invaded every sector of society these days with their sick evil lies.

Their drivel about millions of years and life slowly changing over time totally undermines Gods holy word.  The Bible clearly states that there was no death and suffering before the fall.  If you undermined that then you take away the concept of original sin entering the world when the serpent tempted Eve to eat off the forbidden fruit tree.  Then that intern undermines Jesus needing to die on the cross... which undermines Christianity itself.

It needs to be opposed at all costs!

So once again, thank you Bronzesnake for all your wonderful work.  You must be a truly knowledgeable man to know all about that kind of stuff... and now more people can educate our children with the real truth.!

"It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman."  Proverbs 21:19
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2005, 07:02:14 AM »

Humble Servant,

I'm sure that Bronzesnake will appreciate the thanks and encouragement. He recently got home from the hospital and is recovering from a pancreatitis attack.

I know that he plans to post much more. He has been studying this topic for years and has tons of material to organize. I would appreciate it if you would join us in prayer that his health will improve and he can continue with the Lord's work.

Love In Christ,
Tom

James 1:17  Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the