Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:56:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  National Geographic slams Christians!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: National Geographic slams Christians!  (Read 9255 times)
Sleeker

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2005, 01:27:38 AM »

I see.  At the least, I can say that I didn't start it Grin.  I'm sorry if it's against the rules (even though I don't see where it mentions evolution).  I should've expected this though since, in general, this place takes a rather hostile stand against Catholics (seems as if they don't think Catholics are Christians).  Anyways, I guess I'll just go argue with the Harry-Potter-Is-Evil people...
Bronzesnake
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2005, 11:02:57 AM »

You need to check out the forum rules. It is forbidden to discuss evolution here in this forum and could get you banned.

Just a little friendly advise.

I took the bait...I should know better. Embarrassed

Bronzesnake
Bronzesnake
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2005, 11:05:44 AM »

I see.  At the least, I can say that I didn't start it Grin.  I'm sorry if it's against the rules (even though I don't see where it mentions evolution).  I should've expected this though since, in general, this place takes a rather hostile stand against Catholics (seems as if they don't think Catholics are Christians).  Anyways, I guess I'll just go argue with the Harry-Potter-Is-Evil people...

Ah...ya you did start it. You said Anyways, "there are transitional fossils"

Sounds to me like you pretend to be an educated person, but your own words betray you.

Bronzesnake
Sleeker

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2005, 11:34:56 AM »

Sounds to me like you pretend to be an educated person, but your own words betray you.
Actually, I just realized, you brought evolution up.  This is from the first post:

"I wonder if the fact that the absolute lack of even a single series of transitional fossils, which caused die-hard evolutionists to produce many fake "missing links" to prove their case, turned the general population onto the fact that macro-evolution only exists in the minds of anthropological fanatics!"

I can't just let a misconception go, so I felt like I had to comment.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »

Actually, I just realized, you brought evolution up.  This is from the first post:

"I wonder if the fact that the absolute lack of even a single series of transitional fossils, which caused die-hard evolutionists to produce many fake "missing links" to prove their case, turned the general population onto the fact that macro-evolution only exists in the minds of anthropological fanatics!"

I can't just let a misconception go, so I felt like I had to comment.

Was I addressing you on that post?
I don't  believe you were even a poster here at that time.

In our exchange, you brought it up first. (this is childish isn't it?)

By the way. I am presently building a web site which, among other things, presents strong, clear evidence for creation and against evolution.

As soon as it's complete, I will invite you to visit and learn the real facts, as opposed to the garbage and outright fraud you have picked up in school.

Bronzesnake.
Sleeker

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2005, 01:05:06 PM »

Was I addressing you on that post?
I don't  believe you were even a poster here at that time.

In our exchange, you brought it up first. (this is childish isn't it?)
Irrelevant.  You made a post where you cited "evidence" against evolution.  It was wrong.  I needed to make the correction about the transitional fossils.
By the way. I am presently building a web site which, among other things, presents strong, clear evidence for creation and against evolution.

As soon as it's complete, I will invite you to visit and learn the real facts, as opposed to the garbage and outright fraud you have picked up in school.
I've never been taught evolution in school.  The closest thing to evolution taught to me was in 8th grade when we had a section in the science book talking about how the solar system was made (which was old news to me).  I've always believed in evolution, and not in creation, which was taught to me non-stop at Sunday School.  Anyways, your soon-to-be site probably won't be in the same league as TalkOrigins.Org.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2005, 01:12:52 PM »

Don't forget to include yourself among these people.
I'm studying to become an astrophysicist.  I think I have a pretty clear understanding of the basics of the Big Bang (with some detail).  Also, my curiosity into evolution has let me learn a lot too.
God said He did it, I believe him. He said He did it in seven days, I believe Him.
Genesis was made as a story so the primitive humans of the day could understand it.
Oh really? Please tell me where I can see them.
Sure:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-transitional.html

That statement corroborates creation, not evolution!  Huh
Yet you are wrong.  Let's say you have a chicken.  The chicken lays an egg.  Out of that egg, a chicken comes out that had a couple of mutations in it.  They are different types of animals now.  There was no "transitional" animal in between.  That's being technical.

So, which one is it? are there transitional fossils or not?
By the way - It's graduated transitional fossils that are essential to the THEORY of evolution, and there are exactly ZERO.
I've always heard creationists say this in a different forum, yet when I gave them the evidence in the links, they ignored it or said it was fake (by offering no proof).  My link talks about different transitional fossils, so there's more than 0.  It it a theory, but then again, so is creationism, and I'm afraid that evolution has much more evidence backing it up.
The very same year that Darwin's book came out, another book came out by Pasteur. He proved beyond a shadow of any doubt that life can not spontaneously generate, and that kills evolution dead in it's tracks.
Again, technically, it doesn't.  Evolution is "the theory that groups of organisms change with passage of time, mainly as a result of natural selection, so that descendants differ morphologically and physiologically from their ancestors."  It never mentions nonliving matter becoming living matter.  That's abiogenesis.  That shows how much you misunderstand evolution and the such.  By the way, it's always nice to see scientists about 150 years ago proving stuff cannot happen, especially when you don't have all the facts.  

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/spontaneous-generation.html

"What Louis Pasteur and the others who denied spontaneous generation demonstrated is that life does not currently spontaneously arise in complex form from nonlife in nature; he did not demonstrate the impossibility of life arising in simple form from nonlife by way of a long and propitious series of chemical steps/selections. In particular, they did not show that life cannot arise once, and then evolve. Neither Pasteur, nor any other post-Darwin researcher in this field, denied the age of the earth or the fact of evolution."

God says He created each life after it's own kind, He was very specific about this. Why do you think He clarified that fact?
Um... What?  He created each "life" after it's own "kind?"  What does that mean?
remember, when that book (Genesis) was written no one even contemplated this evolution nonsense...so why do you suppose an all knowing - past, present, and future seeing God would bother to be so specific about that, when at that time it would have no meaning to anyone for thousands of years? hmmmm.
If he can see the future, why didn't he just wait to write the Genesis?  It's illogical to give it to people who don't understand it, but he wanted to get his Word out quickly, which means he didn't have time to wait a few thousand years for people to understand the Big Bang and evolution.  By the way, I also don't think God's all-powerful and can't see the future.  *Watches as many people here throw garlic at me and make the cross with their fingers*

Wow, I haven't had an EvC debate for a long time.   http://www.evcforum.net/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi is really tough, and anyways, evolutionists basically have mastered that forum.

Prohibited material also includes promotion or defense of alternate lifestyles, other religions, atheism, humanism, or other beliefs that are contrary to the teachings of the Holy Bible.

This includes evolution.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2005, 01:24:12 PM »

Talk Origins???
My friend! No wonder you're so ignorant about creation/evilution.

I'm here to help set you free my friend!
Let's see if Sleeker will become a true Seeker...

http://www.icr.org/pubs/btg-b/

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/qa.asp

http://www.parentcompany.com/csrc/

Start out with these resources, and if you need more, ask and you shall receive!

Bronzesnake
Dyskolos

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2005, 02:51:24 PM »

Bronzesnake.

Oh boy! Can't wait for this one.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2005, 03:02:02 PM »

It isn't done yet? It isn't done yet? It isn't done yet?

Can ya tell I'm anxiously waiting?

Grin Grin

Bronze. How about letting all of us know when it's done. I already believe in creation without having any more proof than that of the Bible  but I would still like to see what you have.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2005, 04:15:57 PM »

Sleeker,

There are many forums on the Internet with varying rules and purposes. You are a guest on this forum so long as you obey the forum rules. There are obviously forums that cater to Catholics and Evolutionists, but this isn't one of them, nor will it ever be.

ADMIN's rules are blunt and simple for many reasons, one being that potential new users can quickly see if they will be happy at Christians Unite. Many of the rules were initiated by ADMIN because of past experience with topics that were extremely destructive and caused division that made Christians Unite a war zone instead of a Christian Family Forum. Some of the forum rules were also initiated by ADMIN to make Christians Unite a safe place that Christians would feel comfortable in letting their children use it.

You can also quickly find a "Statement of Faith" on Christians Unite in many places. It and the rules are there for obvious reasons. We have Christians of many different denominations who enjoy Christian fellowship here. That's the purpose for the forum rules, and they represent much more than a hint about what will be done to preserve Christians Unite as a place for Christian Family fellowship, obviously including children.

It's all pretty plain and simple. There are no pulpits here for anything that is contrary to the teachings of the Holy Bible. The Holy Bible is the primary authority that ADMIN used in making the forum rules. If someone disagrees with ADMIN's Forum Rules, nobody is forcing that person to use Christians Unite. It's all a matter of choice, and we have a large number of sweet Christians who do choose to use and enjoy Christians Unite.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 1:12-14  Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2005, 07:04:24 PM »

What ever happened to geography in the "National Geographic"?

Support your local Christian.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2005, 11:40:09 PM »

What ever happened to geography in the "National Geographic"?

Ollie,

I've wondered the same thing. I remember the National Geographic being one of the few magazines we had in our home 50 years ago. Someone from church bought a subscription for us. In fact, it was commonly used for education by nearly everyone from time to time. I guess that it now represents the horrendous erosion of the moral fabric that our society was once associated with. If you took a Christian who died 50 years ago and let them spend 10 minutes of one day now, they would think that America has ceased to exist. It would be impossible to imagine their shock and disbelief about what America has become. Would they think that America was invaded and conquered by some foreign evil power, or would they recognize the devil's work?

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 1:17  For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Dyskolos

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2005, 01:17:18 AM »

I think you would be hard-pressed to find even a single one of our Black brothers and sisters who would prefer to live in the United States of 50 years ago.

This is around the 50th anniversary of the birth of the Civil Rights Movement, which most historians say began with the national reaction to the murder of a 14 year old black boy, Emmett Till, by a gang of white men and women in Mississippi. Two men were tried and though the evidence of their guilt was overwhelming, they were acquited.

The America of 50 years ago was, for many Christians, an ugly place indeed.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2005, 01:24:48 AM »

I remember an issue of National Geographic in 1958 that my mother wouldn't let me see. There were people half dressed in it in an article about Africa I think. The Church I went to preached against the magazine that Sunday.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the