Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:27:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Am I Going to Heaven ?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Pick from the list below what you think is necessary to get you to heaven.
 Obeying God's law and commandments - 28 (52.8%)
Doing your best - 7 (13.2%)
Living a good life - 2 (3.8%)
Good works - 3 (5.7%)
Tithing, or giving money to the church - 1 (1.9%)
Church membership or attendance - 1 (1.9%)
Water baptism - 7 (13.2%)
Holy communion - 4 (7.5%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I Going to Heaven ?  (Read 117662 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 28, 2004, 06:12:26 AM »

Would you like to have the knowledge, the assurance and the joy of sins forgiven? Would you like to be sure of heaven?

Well, the first step to heaven is to realize that you cannot get there by trying. You can't walk there. You can't climb there. You can't fly there. Only God can take you there.
Many try to earn heaven. They try to climb there on a ladder of good works. They talk about "adding another rung." But look out for that good works ladder! It's not anchored at the top and the higher you climb the farther you will fall.

God's Word says that salvation is "the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast" (Eph. 2:8,9). He is not
going to have boasters in heaven there are enough of them on earth and nobody likes them.

All of us should realize that even the best of us are not good enough for heaven, for "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23), but in this same statement the Apostle Paul declares that believers in Christ, who died for our sins, are "justified freely by His [God's] grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Rom. 3:24).

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom. 5:1).

So, friend, it is not by trying, or crying, or praying, or paying, or doing anything that you will reach heaven: it is only by believing. God says He loves sinners, and that Christ died for our sins. Will you believe this and trust Christ as your Savior? The terms are stated very plainly in John 3:35,36:

"The Father loveth the Son and hath given all things into His hand.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life, and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abideth on him."

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 28, 2004, 03:15:08 PM »

Brother Love Said:

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom. 5:1).

AMEN BROTHER!! to the entire post. The world has nothing to offer of the peace that ONLY Jesus can give. Many people fill empty because they are empty. Jesus can and will fill this emptiness.

Love In Christ,
Tom

freefromsin

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 29, 2004, 01:02:03 AM »

1 John 2:3,4
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
We don't obtain salvation keeping the commandments of the bible.  For by grace are ye saved though faith, not of works.  But when we are truely converted we will by the power of God keep his commandments.  If some one says they know him and don't keep his commandments the bible says they are a liar and the truth is not in him.

Visit Church of God, Holiness Articles, Internet Radio & Gospel Trumpet magizine.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 29, 2004, 02:49:48 AM »

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
We don't obtain salvation keeping the commandments of the bible.  For by grace are ye saved though faith, not of works.  But when we are truely converted we will by the power of God keep his commandments.  If some one says they know him and don't keep his commandments the bible says they are a liar and the truth is not in him.

Freefromsin,

There are no men who are free from sin. 1 John is quoted many times, but isolated Scriptures are usually chosen and taken out of context to make a point that is false. See if the below helps you some:

Is this the purpose of 1 John?

(1 John 1:3)  That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

(1 John 1:4)  And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

You might think this is a contradiction to the verses you quoted, but it isn't.

(1 John 1:Cool  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

(1 John 1:9)  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

(1 John 1:10)  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

UM??? - This is the same book and chapter you quoted from. I wonder if you know what the verses you quoted mean?

(1 John 2:1)  My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

(1 John 2:2)  And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Just a few scriptures before the ones you quoted are instructions for what to do when a Christian sins. You will also see in Chapter 1 of 1 John the purpose for the book. The book is written to Christians for the purpose that their joy might be more full. There are no men without sin, certainly including Christians. The portion of Scripture you quoted obviously does not mean what you think it does.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 29, 2004, 05:10:10 AM »

FreeFromSin = (1 John 1:Cool  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

<Smiley))><
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 29, 2004, 08:39:30 AM »

yup yup...that is right. There is no freedom from sin. While we're in these corrupt bodies of flesh...it will continue to be a daily struggle to keep from sinning. As i've told Silver Surfer over and over...there is none that are free from sin. We are free from the penalty of sin which is death, but we are not free from sin entirely, the only time we'll be free from sin is when we are 1. Raptured out of this world 2. We die and are present with the Lord. Pretty much we have salvation against God's Wrath and our condemnation which is hell. Also we have redemption, justification, and sanctification through Christ who paid the price for ALL of our sins. And it's His Blood that was shed on Calvary that cleanses us. Remember the hymn. "What can wash away my sin, Nothing but the blood of Jesus. What can make me whole again, Nothing but the blood of Jesus."Oh, Precious is the Flow, that makes us white as snow. No other fount i know, Nothing but the blood of Jesus." That kinda sums it up right there. There is no remission of sin without the shedding of Blood. If you would like, i could post my study on Sacrifice if you want what it meant for Christ to be sacrificed. I think i've posted it on here beforehand, but i don't remember...if you do, just let me know and i'll get it and post it in a seperate topic where all can see it. I hope this is making sense...if it ain't...let me know. Yes i used the word ain't cause i'm a southern boy...lol. Ya'll be blessed and behave. Tongue

God Bless

In His Service,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 29, 2004, 04:48:03 PM »

Jemidon2004,

AMEN!!! to the entire post.

I hope this is making sense...if it ain't...let me know. Yes i used the word ain't cause i'm a southern boy...lol. Ya'll be blessed and behave.  

Grin  Preach IT! Southern Brother!

I love to hear the Gospel of the Grace of God, plain and simple. It really hurts me to know there are many Christian Brothers and Sisters who have no assurance of Salvation. I can only imagine how depressing it would be to think that your next sin would result in losing your Salvation. That's why the the plain and simple GOOD NEWS of Jesus, Him dying on the Cross for us, and arising from the dead to be our LIVING Lord and Saviour is the most precious event in the history of mankind. HIS sacrifice was perfect, HE loves us, and HE wants to forgive our sins. Nothing but the Blood of Jesus will forgive us, cleanse us, redeem us, and make us fit to become His children. It would make me very happy if all of our Brothers and Sisters in Christ knew just how simple it is to have joy in Jesus.

Christians won't be perfected or given glorified bodies in this short life on earth. However, HIS promises will be fulfilled at His appointed time. For the here and now, our faith in the righteousness and perfection of JESUS brings great joy and 100% assurance of Salvation. Our faith in JESUS sets us free from the curse of sin and death.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 30, 2004, 03:02:41 PM »

Would you like to have the knowledge, the assurance and the joy of sins forgiven? Would you like to be sure of heaven?
"And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?  
  19:17   And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments", (Matthew 19:16,17).
BUT.....no man can keep the commandments of God in their own human strenght.
And so.....    "For Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth",(Romans 10:4).
Christ living in the converted person's life, controlling them, can keep all 10 commandments, thru the power of God...as demonstrated in the life of Jesus Christ.

Jesus said of himself...."Of mine own self, I can do nothing" (we can say the same thing).
Jesus Christ never kept the commandments of God in his own strenght, but with the power of God.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 30, 2004, 04:05:41 PM »

Silver Surfer,

(1 John 1:Cool  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

(1 John 1:9)  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

(1 John 1:10)  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 30, 2004, 04:30:21 PM »

Silver Surfer,

I agree with this.
And, I agree with what Jesus Christ said also: 'go and sin no more' (John 5:14....8:11).
I see no contradictions.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 30, 2004, 11:41:57 PM »

Silver Surfer Said:

I agree with this.
And, I agree with what Jesus Christ said also: 'go and sin no more' (John 5:14....8:11).
I see no contradictions.  

Silver Surfer,

The contradiction is from you, not the Bible.

You teach falsely that a person who sins loses their Salvation, and that is false teaching.

You teach falsely that a Christian during this short life on earth can live without sin, and that is false teaching.

You evidently believe falsely that you are perfect and without sin, and that is absurd.

You teach falsely that a person wins Salvation by their works and obedience of the law, and that is false teaching.

Silver Surfer, after so many have tried to help you, You don't have a clue what the Gospel of God's Grace is. Further, you don't have a clue what the purpose and meaning of the Cross is.

On top of everything else you teach, you teach that going to church on Sunday is the mark of the beast, and those who worship on Sunday are going to hell.

And here's the worst:  You are teaching from the writings of a false prophetess, Ellen G. White. She is the reason for your blindness and confusion. You have a burning desire to share her false teaching, and nobody wants it. There are dime-a-dozen false prophets just about everywhere now, and I feel extremely sad for those who get reeled in and brain-washed by them. It's a good thing that Ellen G. White lived in the 1800s instead of Old Testament times. She would have been stoned to death and not permitted to spread her garbage. That's about as polite as I can muster on the subject of Ellen G. White.

I'm praying for you Silver Surfer, and I will continue to pray for you. Many would love to help you, but you appear to be brain-washed and blind. I do love you, and many other Christians here feel the same way I do. However, we are all pretty sick of your false teaching.

Tom

droid1001

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 01, 2004, 04:03:39 AM »

What dose this mean?

--
Revelations 20:11 - 20:12
Then I saw a great white throne and the one who sat on it; the earth and the heaven fled from his presence, and no place was found for them.  And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened.  Also another book was opened , the book of life.  And the dead were judged  according to there works, as recorded in the books.
--

That is not what I was looking for though it is interesting. But it is from the second death.  If you belive you will be part of the first resurection right?

Ahh Mathhew 25:32 - 25:46 Decided not to type though.

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 01, 2004, 04:36:41 AM »

Trick or Treat

This is a time of year when a lot of people like to trick others. To trick others is to deceive them. The biggest deceiver in the universe is Satan, the Devil. "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world..." Revelation 12:9

The Devil's trick is that he wants people to think that they are good enough to go to heaven. But Romans 3:12 tells us that "... there is none that doeth good, no not one." And Romans 3:23 states " For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

Our problem is that we are sinners and do not deserve to go to heaven. Instead we must go to hell and the lake of fire as our punishment for our sins.

" The wages of sin is death..." Romans 6:23, and that death is not just a physical death but also a spiritual death separated from God for eternity. "... and all liars shall have their part in the lake of fire and brimstone which is the second death." Revelation 21:8

Satan's other way, in which he deceives us, is to make us think we can WORK to get to heaven. This is far from the truth, actually there is nothing you can do to have eternal life. " But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness." Romans 4:5

" Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us ..." Titus 3:5

" For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8&9

The other part of this time of year is the treat. Everyone likes to receive a treat and Gods treat is the best treat of all. "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23  God has given us the free gift of eternal life. How can he do this if we are sinners and don't deserve to live in heaven with God. Because the good news is "... how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried and rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" 1 Corinthians 15:3&4

" But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

The Lord Jesus Christ didn't wait for us to clean up our lives or quit sinning, but died for us while we were still sinners.

So how do you get eternal life? It is a gift. Just as you would receive any gift, you receive the free gift of eternal life the same way. You don't have to ask for it, he has already offered the gift of eternal life to you. Just believe, and trust ( that is rely exclusively ) on the finished work of Christ on the cross. " In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise," Ephesians 1:13

If you trust in Christ and Him alone you will have eternal life.

The decision is up to you!

What did you decide?

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 01, 2004, 04:43:20 AM »

WHAT DO YOU SEE?

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 01, 2004, 04:46:25 AM »

"Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" collec-
tively. We, each one individually, must do something about
appropriating this salvation for ourselves.

After the classic passage in II Cor. 5:14-21 where the
Apostle tells how Christ "died for all," and how God deals
with all men in grace since "He hath made Him to be sin
for us" so that "we might be made the righteousness of God
in Him" -- after this great unfolding of what God, through
Christ, has done for us, he urges individual acceptance of
this great truth. As "workers together with God," the Apos-
tle and his associates begged men not to "receive... the grace
of God in vain," but to trust Christ, each one as His
own personal Savior, to apply His redemptive work to them-
selves.

And even at that early date in the history of the Church,
the Apostle gave men to understand that there was no time
to lose; the day of grace was not to last forever, but was to
give place to the day of judgment and wrath.

If this was so then, how much more is it so now! God has
been very longsuffering with the world. He has continued
to deal with mankind in grace for nearly two thousand
years but according to both Old Testament prophecy and
Pauls "mystery" He will judge this world for its rejection of
Christ.

When will this happen? No one knows. It is the very
essence of grace that no one knows when the dispensation
of grace will end. It is grace, pure grace, on Gods part that
causes Him to linger day after day in mercy toward a world
that rejects Him.

Thus Gods messengers cannot offer even one more day of
grace. We must say as St. Paul did: "Behold, now is the
accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." "Christ
died for our sins" (I Cor. 15:3). "Believe on the Lord Jesus
Christ, and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16:31).

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the