Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:46:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Am I Going to Heaven ?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Pick from the list below what you think is necessary to get you to heaven.
 Obeying God's law and commandments - 28 (52.8%)
Doing your best - 7 (13.2%)
Living a good life - 2 (3.8%)
Good works - 3 (5.7%)
Tithing, or giving money to the church - 1 (1.9%)
Church membership or attendance - 1 (1.9%)
Water baptism - 7 (13.2%)
Holy communion - 4 (7.5%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I Going to Heaven ?  (Read 117567 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: December 17, 2004, 05:16:14 AM »

How wonderful to worship the One who loved us, even when we were lost in sin, and took our place on the cross of shame. It is God’s great desire through His grace “that all men be saved, and come into the knowledge of the truth” (1 Tim. 2:4). It is good to acknowledge that “there is one God, and one Mediator between God and men, the man, Christ Jesus” (1 Tim. 2:5). When we trust the Lord Jesus Christ as Saviour, God saves and justifies us and makes us “new creations” in Christ (2 Cor. 5:17). Further, the Holy Spirit baptizes us into the one body, (the Church, which is Christ’s body), seals us unto the day of redemption (Eph. 1:13-14), and the Spirit of God comes to dwell in the child of God (1 Cor. 6:19).

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 19, 2004, 09:24:53 AM »

No matter who you are- God Loves You !!!
No matter where you are right now- God Loves You !!!
No matter what you have done in the past- God Loves You !!!
God's greatest gift to us all is His Son - Jesus Christ.

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 19, 2004, 05:36:48 PM »

No matter who you are- God Loves You !!!
No matter where you are right now- God Loves You !!!
No matter what you have done in the past- God Loves You !!!
God's greatest gift to us all is His Son - Jesus Christ.

AMEN BROTHER!!

Our treasures in JESUS are far beyond human words and imagination! If JESUS was all we had in this dark world, we would be and are rich.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 11:33  O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 20, 2004, 04:34:30 AM »

Am I Going to Heaven ?

The following is reprinted with permission of The Timely Messenger

http://www.eleventhavenuechurch.com/1003/faithandhope.html

Faith and Hope

Faith and hope came into being through sin. Unfallen man knew nothing of faith, nor did he know of hope. Faith and hope were born after the Lord gave to fallen man the first promise, the first announcement of redemption (Genesis 3:15). Then Adam and Eve believed and hoped for that which the Lord had promised. And ever since, when man accepts what God has spoken, the exercise of faith and hope has followed. But those who do not accept God’s Word know no faith and have no hope. What dying Jacob said, “I have waited for thy salvation” (Gen. 49:18), has been the faith and hope of all Jewish believers in the Old Testament. They believed in a coming One, they hoped for life and glory.

Beautifully it was expressed by that Old Testament saint to whom the Holy Spirit had given the assuring revelation that he should not see death before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. When Simeon held the Child in his arms, his faith and hope were realized. He blessed God, not the Child, for he knew that Babe he held in his arms was the Blesser and needed no blessing from him; then he said, “Lord, now lettest Thou Thy servant depart in peace, according to Thy Word; for mine eyes have seen Thy salvation” (Luke 2:25-30).

And we also who have accepted the Word of God and believed on Him Who came, live now by faith and look forward in hope, for we are saved in hope and wait for the hope of righteousness, the blessed consummation glory, which will come when He comes again. Some day our faith will terminate in sight; we shall see Him as He is. In that day our hope will end for we shall possess all we hoped for. Unbelief knows no faith and has no hope. For all who do not believe, who refuse to accept God’s revelation, there comes the day when faith is impossible, and over the portals of the place of outer darkness is written “Leave hope behind.” What a delusion it is when men teach today that the sinner who lived on in sin, who refused God, who died without faith in Christ and without hope, will have another chance, or that there is such a thing as universal salvation. Now is the accepted time, and only now.

-Selected

<Smiley))><
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 07, 2006, 11:27:45 AM »

I am amazed at the number of times this thread has been read. Over 28,000 times.  It is read everyday by many visitors, who have that question. Everyone knows that they will die one day, what people really want to know is where they will spend eternity. God created us in His image, we have a spirit, and a soul and a body, the body dies, but the spirit will live on forever.

Ge 1:26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Ge 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

God's intention was for man to live eternally, for God Himself is Eternal. Death was not intended for mankind, but because of Adam's sin death entered the world. God had warned Adam of this. God created us with the desire to live, not to die. Some may fear death because they don't know what awaits them. But God had a plan already to assure us of our salvation.

Ge 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Adam made his choice to disobey God, and therefore sin entered the world and the wages of sin is death

Ro 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ro 3:23 for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God,

So how can we know where we will spend eternity? God does not hide His Word from us. It is written in John 3:16

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life
[/u][/color]

Readers

Recieving this free gift from God will assure you of where you will spend eternity, all you have to do is follow these simple steps.

Confess to God that you are a sinner, that you repent of your sins, tell God that you believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that He died for your sins, that He rose again, and that He is now seated at the right hand of God. Ask Jesus to come into your heart, and confess with your mouth that He is your Lord and Savior.

That easy!!! If you have done this thank God for His unspeakable gift, praise Him, and read His Word daily, pray to Him, He is now your Father, He loves you with an everlasting love and will never leave you.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
laterunner

Better to be thought a fool than open your mouth &

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 08, 2006, 05:55:38 AM »

Yes I'll be there---------> Grin

I'm wash clean,><> Cheesy

I've been invited,><>  Wink

I've been bought back into the company of the one who made me,><> Smiley

My salvation cost His bloody death,><> Grin

His spirit dwells in me & I am in Him,><>   Cool

You catch em! He'll clean em!!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 08, 2006, 06:09:28 AM »

Amen laterunner, I am looking forward to sitting at the great table with all my brothers and sisters.

Psa 23:5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Psa 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Praise Him for His wonderful mercies!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 08, 2006, 06:38:32 AM »

When I think of all that Jesus went thru to set us free from sin and death, I have to wonder, would I have gone thru all that for people who refuse to accept me?

No I wouldn't Brothers and Sisters that is the truth none of us would have gone thru what Jesus went thru for us. THAT IS LOVE.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 08, 2006, 07:25:22 AM »

Although no one has gone through what Jesus did completely I do know many that have suffered and given there lives for those that reject them, ridicule them, and say what they did was stupid and deny that it was for them. This is not to lessen what Jesus Christ did on the cross for no one else could have done all he did there but it is to say that there are many that have attempted to follow in His example for others. That is love also.

Joh 15:13  Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 08, 2006, 07:58:25 AM »

Amen Brother, I wasn't thinking of our troops who put their lives at risk every day so that we at home may be able to sleep safely.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 08, 2006, 08:07:01 AM »

Amen Brother, I wasn't thinking of our troops who put their lives at risk every day so that we at home may be able to sleep safely.

Wink

Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #476 on: July 08, 2006, 08:35:04 AM »

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 08, 2006, 08:36:28 AM »

that is a really nice gif. Brother. I'm going to snatch it  Grin

Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #478 on: July 08, 2006, 08:39:03 AM »

Please do Sister, for I too have snatched it from someone  Shocked  Grin Grin Grin

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 08, 2006, 08:43:52 AM »

snatcher  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the