Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:07:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Am I Going to Heaven ?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Pick from the list below what you think is necessary to get you to heaven.
 Obeying God's law and commandments - 28 (52.8%)
Doing your best - 7 (13.2%)
Living a good life - 2 (3.8%)
Good works - 3 (5.7%)
Tithing, or giving money to the church - 1 (1.9%)
Church membership or attendance - 1 (1.9%)
Water baptism - 7 (13.2%)
Holy communion - 4 (7.5%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I Going to Heaven ?  (Read 117191 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: June 22, 2004, 05:12:45 PM »

A FREE GIFT FOR YOU

By Cornelius R. Stam

It seems that everything is going up in cost these days.
Nothing comes down; everything goes up -- up -- up. Wages
too are going up, but not as fast as the cost of living, for our
dollars are decreasing in value all the time. This is why
former President Eisenhower suggested we begin calling
them dollarettes!

We should thank God, though, that there is one thing
that has never gone up in price -- the salvation of precious
souls. No price was ever put on this and none ever will be,
for several good reasons: (1) Because God is not impover-
ished; He does not need our money. (2) Because if salvation
could be bought, the rich would have an advantage over the
poor. (3) Salvation was fully paid for by God the Son on
Calvary’s cross, and to charge one penny for it now would
be to cast reflections on His finished work.

Even in Old Testament times God made it clear that sac-
rifices and good works could not buy His favor. In Isa.
55:1-3, the prophet cried:

"Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

"Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labor for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto Me, and eat that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

"Incline your ear, and come unto Me: Hear, and your soul shall live..."

Centuries later, after "the gospel of the grace of God" had
been committed to Paul, he offered even better things to
those who were willing to accept them. He declared that
believers in Christ are...

"Justified freely by [God’s] grace, through the redemption
that is in Christ Jesus" (Rom. 3:24). "For the wages of sin is
death, but the [free] gift of God is eternal life through Jesus
Christ our Lord" (Rom. 6:23). "In whom we have redemp-
tion, through His blood, the forgiveness of sins according to
the riches of His grace" (Eph. 1:7).

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 24, 2004, 09:18:46 AM »

Again, good post, Ambassador. The minute i received the Holy Spirit in me i knew what heaven was. It's the Holy Spirit with me forever and it is glorious!
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 02, 2004, 05:28:25 AM »

DO YOU BELIEVE?

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Heb. 11:6

1. DO YOU BELIEVE THE BIBLE IS THE INSPIRED HOLY WORD OF GOD?

YES [_] For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

NO [_] He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

2. DO YOU BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

YES [_] NO [_]

3. DO YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE A SINNER?

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not. Ecclesiastes 7:20

Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin? Proverbs 20:9

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 5:8

YES [_] NO [_]

4. DO YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN BE JUSTIFIED OF YOUR SINS BY DOING GOOD WORKS?

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Galatians 2:16

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. Romans 11:6

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Romans 4:5

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Romans 3:24

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Titus 3:5

YES [_] NO [_]

5. DO YOU BELIEVE THE GOSPEL (GOOD NEWS) OF CHRIST?

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 1 Cor. 15:1-4

A. ALL YOUR SINS WERE PLACED UPON JESUS CHRIST.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Corinthians 5:21

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 1 Peter 3:18

B. JESUS CHRIST SHED HIS HOLY BLOOD UPON THE CROSS FOR YOUR SINS.

But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. Ephesians 2:13

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Colossians 1:14

And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. Colossians 1:20

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. Romans 5:9

C. JESUS CHRIST DIED AND WENT TO HELL (THE GRAVE) PAYING THE PENALTY FOR YOUR SINS

He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. Acts 2:31

D. JESUS CHRIST ROSE FROM THE DEAD THE THIRD DAY WITHOUT YOUR SINS THAT HE BORE ON THE CROSS.

And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 1 Corinthians 15:17

Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Romans 8:34

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Colossians 2:13

Jesus said:

And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:23-24

DO YOU BELIEVE?

YES [_] NO [_]

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: July 04, 2004, 10:40:35 AM »

GRACE NOT EARNED

By Cornelius R. Stam

Have you ever noticed that God does not hold the great
men of Scripture up to us because of their personal good-
ness? Almost invariably their records are marred by failure
and sin, but God bids us look at their faith, to see what
their faith did for them. Even those who lived consistently
good lives are not held up to us for their personal worth,
because God knows their imperfections. Thus Rom. 4:2,3
says:

"For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory—but not before God. For what saith the Scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness."

And Verse 6 goes on to say about David:

"Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works."

This is because man cannot live a life good enough to
make him acceptable to God, for with God only perfection is
good enough. One sin spoiled the earth; God will not allow
one sin to spoil heaven too. This is why in grace He gave
Christ to die for our sins and to pay the just penalty for us.
Because of the all-sufficient payment of Christ in our be-
half, God can now be "just, and the Justifier" of those who
place their faith in Christ (Rom. 3:26).

The famous eleventh chapter of Paul’s letter to the He-
brews bears out the fact that salvation, or acceptance with
God, is obtained, not by human effort, but by faith. This
great chapter on the heroes in God’s "Hall of Fame," begins
with the words: "For by it [faith] the elders obtained a good
report," and then goes on: "By faith Abel ...," "By faith
Enoch...," "By faith Noah...," "By faith Abraham...,"
etc., and closes with the declaration:

"...these all...obtained a good report through faith..."

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 15, 2004, 05:58:56 AM »

GRACE NOT EARNED

AMEN!!!!

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
fcs25

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 16, 2004, 10:24:41 PM »

Roll Eyes  You can't get to heaven from anything on the list.The correct answer isn't there. All of the answers involve legalism and  man-made doctrines,all of which lead to nothing. The book of John states that it was written to unbelievers so that they may become believers and be saved.If you wish for God to grant you eternal life do what John tells you to do.......not some sect/church/cult.
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 19, 2004, 05:55:21 AM »

SALVATION FOR ALL

Grace is much more glorious and amazing that man recognizes. Religion hides the full accomplishments of the vast cross work of the Lord Jesus Christ. The work of salvation for mankind is full and complete. As ambassadors of Christ, we are only to proclaim its glorious message. Those who respond by faith can enjoy their position in Christ now while here on earth.
There are three different views of the destiny of the lost. These approaches can be termed as (1) "Eternal Conscious Torment," (2) "Extermination," (3) "Universal Reconciliation." All three have apparent scriptural support.1 But for every verse apparently supporting the first two views, there are many more verses that appear to support the latter.

According to theology, the majority of God’s creation will be hopelessly lost to Him. It teaches that God knowingly (with foreknowledge) created mankind, the majority of which He will eternally damn. But this is out of character with the true God of the scriptures.

Here are examples of verses that show the salvation of all mankind:

"And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: and I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed" (Genesis 12:2, 3).

"All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee" (Psalm 22:27).

"The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever. He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities" (Psalm 103:8-10).

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it" (Isaiah 2:2).

"Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth; And all flesh shall see the salvation of God" (Luke 3:5,6).

"That was the true Light [Jesus Christ], which lighteth every man that cometh into the world" (John 1:9).

"The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto Him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" (John 1:29).

"...This is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world" (John 4:42).

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto Me" (John 12:32).

"Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began" (Acts 3:21).

"For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by One, Jesus Christ. Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of One the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of One shall many be made righteous" (Romans 5:17-19).

"For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen" (Romans 11:30-36).

"For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at His coming. Then cometh the end, when He shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign, till He hath put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For He hath put all things under His feet. But when He saith all things are put under Him, it is manifest that He is excepted, which did put all things under Him. And when all things shall be subdued unto Him, then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him that put all things under Him, that God may be all in all." (I Corinthians 15:21-28).

"For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead ... To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation" (II Corinthians 5:14,19).

"That in the dispensation of the fulness of times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him" (Ephesians 1:10).

"And, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; by Him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven" (Colossians 1:20).

"Who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time" (I Timothy 2:6).

"For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, Who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe" (I Timothy 4:10).

"And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." (I John 2:2).

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away" (Revelation 21:4).

Even Sodom, the great example of God’s wrath and judgement, will not be exempt from restoration of God’s Love.

"And thine elder sister is Samaria, she and her daughters that dwell at thy left hand: and thy younger sister, that dwelleth at thy right hand, is Sodom and her daughters. Yet hast thou not walked after their ways, nor done after their abominations: but, as if that were a very little thing, thou wast corrupted more than they in all thy ways. As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters. ... When I shall bring again their captivity, the captivity of Sodom and her daughters, and the captivity of Samaria and her daughters, then will I bring again the captivity of thy captives in the midst of them: ... When thy sisters, Sodom and her daughters, shall return to their former estate, and Samaria and her daughters shall return to their former estate, then thou and thy daughters shall return to your former estate. (Ezekiel 16:46-48, 53, 55).

Praise the Lord! He is the Lord of both the dead and the living.

"For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living" (Romans 14:9).

Some of the verses general verses apparently supporting the first two views are: (1) "Eternal Conscious Torment" - Mark 9:43,44; Matthew 25:41; Revelation 14:9-11; 19:20, (2) "Extermination" - Matthew 3:12; 10:28; 13:40-42; II Thessalonians 1:9; II Peter 2:12; Jude 7.

-----------------------------------------------------

by Clyde L. Pilkington, Jr.

Pilkington & Sons
gotcha13-316-8608
www.hellfactor.com
See Available Books on this Subject at www.pilkingtonandsons.com/hell.htm

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 22, 2004, 06:36:43 AM »

Check The Time:

To day is the day of salvation
and now is a good time to be saved.

Acts 16:30-31 "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ,
and thou shalt be saved."

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 22, 2004, 07:02:48 AM »

Grace, and Gospel, plain, and simple
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/simplegrace/index.html

Hey YOU! ....... yeah I mean YOU!

Do you know where your never dying soul will go
when that sinning flesh you are carrying dies?
There is a place of fiery, eternal Judgement for those that deny God ...... and here's the bad news !
WE ALL DESERVE TO GO TO THERE !
Now don't go gettin religious on me !
you cant get to heaven by things you do !
NO MATTER IF YOUR GET, DUNKED IN, SPRINKLED WITH, OR POURED ON WITH WATER, .... IT AINT GONNA SAVE YOU !
Here's the good news !
Did you know that Jesus Christ died for all of your sins?
Thats what I said !
ALL of em!
EVERY LAST PUTRID, UGLY, STINKIN SIN THAT YOU COMMITTED !
JESUS CHRIST PAID FOR WITH ALL OF HIS BLOOD !
and not only that !
HE WAS RISEN AGAIN TO SAVE ANYONE WHO WILL BELIEVE !
JESUS DID ALL THAT NEEDED TO BE DONE TO SAVE YOU !
whats that ? .... you say I am beating you over the head with the bible?
well .... if I could get you to trust the Love of God in Jesus Christ by beating you over the head with a bible .... I'd be playing bongos on your cranium !
but thats imperfect me .... God aint like that ! .... he will let you go your way by choice .... but mind you .... there are ETERNAL CONSEQUENCES !
ok .... here it is again .... the good news !
JESUS CHRIST DIED FOR YOUR SINS, WAS BURIED, AND WAS RISEN AGAIN THE THIRD DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES.
Now ! .... you heard the good news .... you have NO EXCUSE if you choose not to trust God .... at his judgement, you cant say nobody told you !
throw off disbelief,
throw off religious works .... they cant save you !
Trust Jesus and what he did at the cross to save your soul from the deserved fiery, everlasting torments.
When you first decide to TRUST what Jesus Christ did, he will save you instantly, and eternally !
CHOOSE WISELY !

"Click for scriptural proof of the above"
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/simplegrace/scripturalproof.html

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 02, 2004, 04:54:21 AM »

DARKNESS AND THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD

By Russell S. Miller

"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" (IICor.4:4).

People sin under the cover of darkness"they that be drunken are drunken in the night" (IThes.5:7). They suppose darkness hides the things they do. This is why unsaved man prefers evolution to creation. It destroys the thought, so he thinks, of having to "give [an] account of himself to God" (Rom.14:12).

How sad! You cannot hide from God. Because there is coming a day "in the which He will judge the world IN RIGHTEOUSNESS by that Man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead" (Acts 17:31).

In "that day" these poor souls will only wish they could hide from God, but they will not be able to do so. See Revelation 6:15-17; 20:11-15. These same, now suppose that "that day" is so far away that they need not be concerned. To this the Apostle retorts:

"Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight. But all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with whom we have to do" (Heb.4:13).

The difference between the unsaved and those of us who are saved is that we not only have a Saviour, but we also have "a great high priest", who intercedes for us when we fail. The Lord Jesus loves you, my unsaved friend, and wants to be your Saviour, too.

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of Gods elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us" (Rom.8:31-34).

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need" (Heb.4:14-16).

Dont hide like Adam who sinned, but "seek the Lord, if haply [you] might feel after Him, and find Him, though He be not far from every one of us" (Acts 17:27).

Even in the darkness of this worlds sin and wickedness God is there, and He will hear you, and save you, if you will simply ask Him (Rom.10:13).

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 02, 2004, 05:25:05 AM »

THE SINS THAT ARE PAST

By Cornelius R. Stam

In Chapter 3 of St. Pauls letter to the Romans he de-
clares that God has set forth Christ as a satisfaction for
mans sin and that redemption is obtained by faith in "His
blood," or His payment for sin at Calvary, entirely apart
from works, religious or otherwise (Rom. 3:21-26).

But in this same passage he states that this "remission"
concerns the "sins that are past" (Ver. 25). What does he
mean by this? Some have taught from this verse that when
a sinner turns to God for salvation all his sins are forgiven
up to that time and now that he is saved he is henceforth
responsible for himself. But this would mean that God
saves men by His grace only to turn them over again to
their own weak and sinful natures. If this were the case,
the converted sinner would be lost again the same day, for
what Christian believer is wholly free from sin?

Paul rather looks back here at past ages and declares that
we now know and proclaim that men like Abel, Noah and
Abraham, and also like Moses, David and Daniel (who lived
under the Law) were actually saved by the redemption
wrought by Christ, although Christs death was still future
in their day. In other words, Christ died, not only for the
sins which we have committed, but also for the "sins which
are past." The believers of past ages simply believed what
God told them then, and God counted them righteous (Gen.
15:6) on the basis of Christs coming payment for sin.

We have the same truth set forth in Hebrews 9:15, where
we are told that Christs death availed also "for the redemp-
tion of the transgressions that were under the first covenant,"
i.e., the Law.

How blessed we are to live at a time when Gods plan of
salvation has been fully revealed, and that we can now look
to the Lord Jesus Christ and exclaim with Paul: "He loved
me, and gave Himself for me!" (Gal. 2:20).

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 05, 2004, 04:52:59 AM »

Believing Christ died, that's HISTORY. Believing Christ died "FOR" Your sins and rose again, that's SALVATION. "Maranatha"

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: August 07, 2004, 08:16:41 PM »

I am Going to Heaven YaY. Does eveyone want to find out how?! See Below;

THE "ROMANS ROAD" is a pathway you can walk.
It is a group of Bible verses from the book of Romans in the New Testament.
If you walk down this road you will end up understanding how to be Saved.

Romans 3:23
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

We all have sin in our hearts. We all were born with sin.  We were born under the power of sin's control.
Admit that you are a sinner.

Romans 6:23a
"...The wages of sin is death..."

Sin has an ending. It results in death. We all face physical death, which is a result of sin.
But a worse death is spiritual death that alienates us from God, and will last for all eternity.
The Bible does plainly teach that there is a place called the Lake of Fire where lost people will be in torment forever.
It is the place where people end up that remain spiritually dead.
Understand that you deserve death for your sin.

Romans 6:23b
"...But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Salvation is a free gift from God to you!   We can't earn this gift, but we must reach out and receive it.
Ask God to forgive you and save you.

Romans 5:8
"God demonstrates His own love for us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us!"

When Jesus died on the cross He paid sin's penalty.  He paid the cosmic price for all sin, and when He took all the sins of the world on Himself on the cross, He bought us out of slavery to sin and death!   The only condition is that we believe in Him and what He has done for us, understanding that we are now joined with Him, and that He is our life.
Because He loved us and gave Himself for us!
Give your life to God... His love poured out in Jesus on the cross is your only hope to have forgiveness and change. His love bought you out of being a slave to sin. His love is what saves you. Not religion, or church membership.
God loves you! And reaches you right where you are.

Romans 10:13
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved!"

Call out to God in the name of Jesus!

Romans 10:9,10
"...If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

If you know that God is knocking on your hearts door,
ask Him to come into your heart.

Jesus said,
Revelation 3:20a
"Behold I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him..."

Is Jesus knocking on your heart's door?

Believe in Him.  Ask Him to come in to your heart by faith, and ask Him to reveal Himself to you. Open the Bible to the gospel of John and read what God says about Jesus, about you, and about being born again.

God will help you. Just talk to Him.  He loves you.

You need to look for a local Church where God's Word is preached. The Bible says that we are to desire God's word like a newborn baby desires mother's milk.
Aren't you hungry to know the truth?

Water baptism is one of the ways you first show that you have been joined to Jesus. The symbolism is this: When you go down in the water you show that you have been crucified and buried with Him, And when you come up out of the water you show that you have been raised to walk with Him in newness of life.   (See Romans chapter 6)

You have been born again.   (See John chapter 3) Your body has become God's temple.  Your heart is where He lives.  Forgiveness is yours in Jesus.  And you belong to Him.  You were sin's slave.   But now...You are a child of GOD!

John 1:12
"As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God,
even to those who believe in His name!"

Dear God,
I confess that I am a sinner and have come short of Your glory. But I believe that You love me and that Jesus has died on the Cross for my sins. I confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in my heart that You have raised Him from the dead. I now receive Your wonderful gift of salvation&#8212;eternal life through Jesus Christ my Lord, and I ask You to fill me with the Holy Spirit, as You have promised.

I thank You in Jesus' name, Amen.

*If you Prayed the Prayer above, Praise God, You're a New Child of God! Now Please Find a Holy Bible  and read the Gospel of John in the New Testament. BETTER Yet "Click Here" to read the Gospel of John online!

God Loves You!

Blessings,  \o/

KristiAnn

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 10, 2004, 04:00:18 AM »

FORGIVENESS THAT CANNOT BE REVOKED

Centuries before Christ, the Psalmist said: "If thou, Lord, shouldst mark iniquities... who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with Thee..." (Psa. 130:3,4).

It is doubtful whether the Psalmist under-stood the basis upon which a just God, through the ages, has so graciously forgiven sins, but this has since been revealed in the Epistles of Paul.

There we read: "God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you" (Eph. 4:32). But this is only part of the truth, for God forgives sinners, not merely because Christ desires this, but be-cause Christ paid for their sins and purchas-ed their redemption. Thus Eph. 1:7 declares: "In [Christ] we have redemption, through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace."

And thus Paul could proclaim to his hearers in the synagogue at Pisidian Antioch:

"Be it known unto you, therefore, men and brethren, that through this Man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

"And by Him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justif-ied by the law of Moses" (Acts 13:38,39).  

Obviously such forgiveness can never be rescinded or revoked, for it is based upon the full and complete payment of our whole debt of sin by "the precious blood of Christ."

Sad to say, many people do not feel they need forgiveness, for they have not seen themselves as they truly are in the sight of a holy God, but those who are conscious of their sins and are willing to say with the prodigal son: "I have sinned," may exper-ience the peace and joy of sins forgiven by faith in Christ who paid sin’s penalty for us.

Here is forgiveness that can never be revoked because it is based on the "one offering [of Christ at Calvary]" by which our Lord "hath perfected forever them that are sanctified [i.e., set apart as His own]" (Heb. 10:14).

By C.R. Stam

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 16, 2004, 12:00:14 PM »

THE APOSTLE OF GRACE

By Cornelius R. Stam

The conversion of Saul of Tarsus was an amazing event.
Saul loathed the very name of Christ. He blasphemed Him
and caused others to be tortured so as to compel them to
blaspheme that holy name. He led his nation and the world
in rebellion against the resurrected, glorified Christ -- the
world which had already disowned and crucified the lowly
Jesus.

But as Saul went to Damascus, still "breathing out
threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the
Lord" (Acts 9:1), God did a wonderful thing.

Rather than crush the leader of the world’s rebellion,
He saved him. Christ broke through the heavens, as it
were, to speak words of pity to His greatest enemy on earth.
As a result Saul’s rebellious spirit was broken and in one
moment the pitiless persecutor became the docile, indeed
the devoted follower of Christ.

More than this, Saul of Tarsus, the persecutor, became
Paul the Apostle. To him the glorified Lord committed "the
dispensation of the grace of God" (Eph. 3:2) and "the gospel
of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24). Now he went everywhere
proclaiming grace, telling men how God loved them, how
Christ had come into the world and had gone to Calvary to
pay man’s debt of sin so that believing sinners might be
saved.

"The gospel of the grace of God," found in Paul’s epistles,
does not blame anyone for the death of Christ. Rather it
presents the cross as good news. It declares that "we have
redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins ac-
cording to the riches of His grace" (Eph. 1:7). It says that
"God hath concluded them all in unbelief that He might
have mercy upon all" (Rom. 11:32) and that "where sin
abounded, grace did much more abound" (Rom. 5:20). Thus
the vilest sinner may believe and rejoice in the conscious-
ness of sins forgiven.

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the