Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:33:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  No Protestants left
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Protestants left  (Read 12227 times)
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2004, 12:39:27 PM »

FALSE TEACHING!

Jn.5:46-47  "Had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me, for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?"
The Law of Moses is this: the Law was only for the circumcised nation Israel. The Law was never given to the Gentiles, but only to the Jews. Unless you are in Israel, and a Jew, the Law of Moses doesn't apply.
Remember though....those Laws of Moses were abolished at the Cross, (Ephesians 2:15...Colossians 2:14-16). So, in reality, those laws do not even apply to Israel anymore.
And that is what the Apostle Paul was trying to get across to them,  in his time period.
By beeps,  The GIFT of Jesus Christ on the CROSS for us is very simple, wonderful, and MOST PRECIOUS. The TREASURES we have in JESUS are beyond imagination.
Amen!!

by S.S.  Do you realize that I belong to the church that  God identifies, as His.
And what church would that be?

"Here is the patience of the saints...here are they that keep the commandments of God, and have the faith of Jesus", (Revelation 14:12).

Question: Are the 'saints'...Christians ?  (Yes or No)

And they are identified as having the faith of Jesus Christ...AND.....they keep all 10 commandments of God, including the 7th day Sabbath (4th commandment).

It doesn't take much thought, to realize that most churches, in the Christian world, do not keep all 10 commandments of God.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 01:58:26 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2004, 08:21:02 AM »

DUDE, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO KEEP ALL 10 COMMANDMENTS OF GOD...I'M SURE YOU HAVE READ IN ROMANS 3:23 WHERE IT SAYS "FOR ALL HAVE SINNED AND FALLEN SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD" AND JAMES WHERE IT SAYS BASICALLY IF YOU BREAK EVEN ONE COMMANDMENT THEN YOU HAVE SINNED AND BROKEN THEM ALL! Faith is all that we need in order to be saints...a thourogh study of the New Testament book of Hebrews and i'm sure you are familiar with 1 Peter where it say that we are a royal priesthood of Believers. AND IT ALSO DOESN'T TAKE MUCH THOUGHT IN THE WORLD TO REALIZE THAT WE'RE ALL SINNERS AND THAT IT IS ONLY BY GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT LIVING WITHIN US THAT WE ARE ABLE TO EVEN DREAM OF KEEPING GOD'S COMMANDMENTS THE WAY HE ASKS US. We want to obey God, but since we still have this corrupt flesh, we are still prone to sin....yes i said it, we're still prone to sin. that includes you bub. I'm under grace, not the Law. That is why i recieve forgiveness for my sin. IT'S ABOUT GRACE, NOT THE LAW!!! If i was under the law, i'd have no hope of salvation. Get this...while you are still on this earth, there ain't no way you will keep all of God's commandments and from the sound of it, it seems like you're saying that we can do it...nuh uh...that's wrong. Apart from God we can do nothing...not even save ourselves. So if you wanna sit there and condemn those who don't keep all then of God's commandments...i suggest you do a serious inventory of your status with Jesus Christ...cause if you believe that being a Christian means you gotta do all 10 commandments, then you're disregarding what Jesus Christ did. God knew that we wouldn't be ever be able to hold all 10 of the commandments at once. WE'RE SINNERS. That's why He sent Jesus Christ, to free us from the Law. Get it? I hope you do...but if you don't...i'm sorry.

God Bless,

In His Service,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the