Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:19:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  No Protestants left
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Protestants left  (Read 12183 times)
BigD
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2004, 09:10:44 AM »

PART 2
BigD asks:
Prior to God telling Moses that the children of Isreal should keep the Sabbath Day; Can you SHOW ME any Scripture that says that the 7th day was commanded to be observed/observed by anyone? Chapter and verse please.

Silver Surfer answers:
"Because that Abraham obeyed my voice....my commandments...and my Laws..", (Genesis 26:5)

Now....the study of the 4th commandment shows, that God established the 7th day Sabbath, at creation time (Exodus 20:11)...showing the the 4th commandment dates back, to the time of the creation.
So then...Abraham kept God's commandments and laws as scripture says.

BigD responds:
Can you SHOW ME, prior to Genesis 26:5, that God ever commanded Abraham to observe the 7th (Sabbath) day. If that commandment was in effect, SHOW ME chapter and verse. Yes, I have already agreed that God blessed the 7th Day and made it Holy, but there was never a commandment to observe it prior to Exodus 17.
----------------------------------------------------------
BigD asks:
I wonder how many SDA members break the Sabbath travel Laws in order to attend church services? Do you know of any?

Silver Surfer responds:
But, God identifies the SDA church people (true SDA's) in Revelation 12:17, and in Revelation 14:12.

BigD replies:
The fulfillment of the book of the Revelation will happen AFTER the members of the Body of Christ, the Church for today, has been raptured to heaven. Today members of the Body of Christ are not under the Civil, Moral and Ceremonial Laws of Moses, but under grace. Isreal will again be under the Law when the book of the Revelation is being fulfilled.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2004, 10:32:56 PM »

BigD replies:
The fulfillment of the book of the Revelation will happen AFTER the members of the Body of Christ, the Church for today, has been raptured to heaven.
Yes, I understand the fear is the motivating factor behind the 'Rapture theory'....that is why Satan has been able to sell it so well.
Because if a person studies their Bible.....as in 'ALL' the scriptures, they will find quite a different story.

Such a simple Bible verses, such as: "As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the day of the coming of the son of man", (Matthew 24:37-42).
One party was saved, and the other party destroyed !

And, there are many more such Bible verses which show the 'Secret Rapture', as false theology....would you like me to show them all to you ?

BTW....there is no verse in the Bible, of a 7 year Tribulation...did you know that ?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2004, 11:07:05 PM »

Silver Surfer,

I will simply be nice and say that you should study your Bible once in a while. I doubt you will find much interest in the Sabbath argument here. We've had it so many times that it is nauseating. I rest in Jesus 24/7, and you can too. Use the search function for "Sabbath", and you will have all the material you can stand to study. Those who love to study the Holy Bible do so without the edicts and instructions of Prophetess Elen G. White.

Reference the tribulation period, you can do a similar search on the forum and find a host of Bible Scriptures that most definitely address a 7 year tribulation period. They are fairly difficult portions of Scripture, and they really aren't very appropriate for beginners or babes. Those who love to study the Holy Bible do so without the edicts and instructions of Prophetess Elen G. White.

If you are really interested in these topics, study the mass of information already on the forum.

Tom

BigD
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2004, 05:53:50 AM »

BigD replies:
The fulfillment of the book of the Revelation will happen AFTER the members of the Body of Christ, the Church for today, has been raptured to heaven.
Yes, I understand the fear is the motivating factor behind the 'Rapture theory'....that is why Satan has been able to sell it so well.
Because if a person studies their Bible.....as in 'ALL' the scriptures, they will find quite a different story.

Such a simple Bible verses, such as: "As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the day of the coming of the son of man", (Matthew 24:37-42).
One party was saved, and the other party destroyed !

And, there are many more such Bible verses which show the 'Secret Rapture', as false theology....would you like me to show them all to you ?

BTW....there is no verse in the Bible, of a 7 year Tribulation...did you know that ?

BigD responds:
First of all, I have no fear of the Tribulation because I am a member of the Body of Christ, a child of the day. "For God hath not appointed us to wrath (the Tribulation), but to obtain salvation (via the rapture)  by our Lord Jesus Christ" (1Thes5:9).

SS, You have demonstrated your inability to understand the context of Matthew 24:37-42. These verses have nothing to do with the Chruch, the Body of Christ, as it was not MADE until AFTER the Apostle Paul was converted.

The above verses are talking about what will happen when Jesus returns as the Righteous Judge. The ones taken out will be taken out to judgment and the ones remaining will inter the earthly kingdom that Jesus will establish.

We don't find any Scripture concerning the rapture of the Church, the Body of Christ, until After Paul is raised up. The rapture is part of the MYSTERY that was revealed to the Apostle Paul.

Paul tells us in 1Cor15:515-53 about the rapture, as a secret. It cannot be found in prophesy. Also you can read about the rapture in 1Thess4:13-18. Chapter 5:1-9 tell the Thessalonians that they do not have to fear the Tribulation because they are the children of light (vsv5) and not appointed unto wrath (Tribulation) vs 9.

Yes I do know that the therm "7 year tribulation" is not so stated in the Bible. However, If you will study Daniel 9 you will read about "the seventy weeks of years." One week of years is equal to 7 years. When you get to verse 25, you will read about the 70th week.

69 weeks have already passed and the 70th week started in Acts 2. See Acts 2:15-20, however, it was interrupted after God set the nation of Israel aside after the stoning of Stephen in Acts 7. God then raised up the Apostle Paul to usher in "the dispensation of grace" in which we not live. This dispensation also cannot be found in prophesy. This dispensation will end with the rapture of the Chruch, the Body of Christ. THEN the Tribulation & Great Tribulation will resume for the remainder of the 70th week of Daniel.

SS, on the edge of the city in which I grew up, and adjacent to the city I know live in, the Seventh Day Adventist have built a large beautiful church. Being the city is rapidly growing, they, no doubt feel that the city will soon not only grow up to them but also around them.

IMHO there are not enough people living within a "sabbath days journey" of the church to possibly fill more then one pew. But, when I drive by on Saturday, the parking lot is quite full. I suspect that the majority of those car owners are violating the Sabbath Day travel Laws. PLEASE TELL ME what does the Bible teach about what their punishment should be.

Looking forward to your reply.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2004, 01:27:50 PM »

Silver Surfer,

I will simply be nice and say that you should study your Bible once in a while. I doubt you will find much interest in the Sabbath argument here. We've had it so many times that it is nauseating. I rest in Jesus 24/7, and you can too. Use the search function for "Sabbath", and you will have all the material you can stand to study. Those who love to study the Holy Bible do so without the edicts and instructions of Prophetess Elen G. White.

Reference the tribulation period, you can do a similar search on the forum and find a host of Bible Scriptures that most definitely address a 7 year tribulation period. They are fairly difficult portions of Scripture, and they really aren't very appropriate for beginners or babes. Those who love to study the Holy Bible do so without the edicts and instructions of Prophetess Elen G. White.

If you are really interested in these topics, study the mass of information already on the forum.

Tom
I'll give you $100 if you can show one verse from the Bible, about any 7 year tribulation.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2004, 03:25:46 PM »

Silver Surfer Said:

I'll give you $100 if you can show one verse from the Bible, about any 7 year tribulation.

Read the threads already on the forum and send your donation to Christians Unite. In fact, send a $100 donation for each and every Bible Scripture.

Tom

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2004, 03:32:37 PM »

Silver Surfer Said:

Read the threads already on the forum and send your donation to Christians Unite. In fact, send a $100 donation for each and every Bible Scripture.

Tom
It must be remembered that the majority are always wrong regarding religious matters, (Matthew 7:13,14, 21-23)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2004, 04:24:59 PM »

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2004, 09:33:40 PM »

The sabbath rest is in Christ and it is 24/7. It has nothing to do with protestant or catholic, but Christian.

ollie
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 09:39:21 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2004, 12:58:08 AM »

Silver Surfer,

Tom
Read my post in your other thread you started.
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=4952
This is where I debunked your rapture theory.
Here is just a sample, of the Rapture.

I Thessalonians 4:16-18
"For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ will rise first.  Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up int he air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord.  Therefore encourage each other with these words."
Isaiah 26:19-21  "Your dead will live; their corpses will rise.  You who lie in the dust awake and shout for joy.  For your dew is as the dew of the dawn, And the earth will give birth to the departed spirits.  Come, my people, enter into your rooms, And close your doors behind you; Hide for a little while, Until indignation runs its course.  For behold, the Lord is about to come out from his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity; and the earth will reveal her bloodshed, and will no longer cover her slain."

Here is some about tribulations. Since you don't like Matthew.
I give you......
Mark. 13:19, 24
John 16:33
Rom. 5:3
2 Cor. 7:4
Eph. 3:13
2Thess. 1:4
Now look up the verses yourself, I don't feel like typing them in.

Please make my donation to ChristiansUnite.

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2004, 01:31:57 PM »

The sabbath rest is in Christ and it is 24/7. It has nothing to do with protestant or catholic, but Christian.

ollie
Yes, the Sabbath is the test of loyalty to God.
 http://home.earthlink.net/~se7en_7/
BigD
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2004, 02:05:52 PM »

Silver Surfer:
I would appreciate a response to my post #23 above. Would appreciate an answer to my question on the later portion.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord?
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2004, 04:01:49 PM »

Silver Surfer:
I would appreciate a response to my post #23 above. Would appreciate an answer to my question on the later portion.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord?
If you can show me from scripture where God (Jesus Christ) changed the ',7th day' Sabbath to an 24/7 deal...then I might believe what you are implying....which would make the 4th commandment null and void.
BigD
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2004, 05:14:41 PM »

Silver Surfer:
I should have said PLEASE resond to my post #18. Not #23.

Sorry.

God Bless.
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2004, 10:05:18 PM »

BigD responds:
First of all, I have no fear of the Tribulation because I am a member of the Body of Christ, a child of the day. "For God hath not appointed us to wrath (the Tribulation), but to obtain salvation (via the rapture)  by our Lord Jesus Christ" (1Thes5:9).
The Bible never says that Jesus Christ will come secretly for his people:
  Matthew 24:30   And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and [they shall see] the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.  
  24:31   And he shall send his angels with a [great sound of a trumpet], and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.  

The coming of Jesus Christ will be visible and noisy.

SS, You have demonstrated your inability to understand the context of Matthew 24:37-42. These verses have nothing to do with the Chruch, the Body of Christ, as it was not MADE until AFTER the Apostle Paul was converted.
The above verses are talking about what will happen when Jesus returns as the Righteous Judge.

Revelation  22:11   He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
(NOTE: that Judgment is over with....then Christ says)
  22:12   And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
(Note: man are either destined for heaven, or hell)

The ones taken out will be taken out to judgment and the ones remaining will inter the earthly kingdom that Jesus will establish.
2 Thessalonians 2:1   Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and [by] our gathering together unto him,  
  2:2   That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.  
  2:3   Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.."

Verse 8...... 2 Thess.   2:8   And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming.."

We don't find any Scripture concerning the rapture of the Church, the Body of Christ, until After Paul is raised up.  
 John  11:23   Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.  
  11:24   Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Paul tells us in 1Cor15:515-53 about the rapture, as a secret.
You're right !
1 Thess. 4:16   For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  
  4:17   Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

AND......
 Matthew  24:30   And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.  
  24:31   And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.  

IMHO there are not enough people living within a "sabbath days journey" of the church to possibly fill more then one pew. But, when I drive by on Saturday, the parking lot is quite full. I suspect that the majority of those car owners are violating the Sabbath Day travel  (Man-made)Laws.......... PLEASE TELL ME what does the Bible teach about what their punishment should be.
"Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the Tree of Life, and may enter in through the gates into the City", (Revelation 22:14).

Isaiah 66:22   For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.  
  66:23   And it shall come to pass, [that] from one new moon to another, and [from one sabbath to another], shall [all] flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.  

Looking forward to your reply.

God Bless.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the