Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:28:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  No Protestants left
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Protestants left  (Read 12231 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2004, 11:25:31 PM »

Silver Surfer,

What are the commandments of Jesus Christ? List them please so we can all understand some of your other posts here. I've asked this in two locations since it is critical to attempt to understand your posts.

Tom

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2004, 05:27:04 PM »

Silver Surfer,

What are the commandments of Jesus Christ? List them please so we can all understand some of your other posts here. I've asked this in two locations since it is critical to attempt to understand your posts.

Tom
 20:3   Thou shalt have no other gods before me.  
  20:4   Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:  
  20:5   Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;  
  20:6   And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.  
  20:7   Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.  
  20:8   Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.  
  20:9   Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:  
  20:10   But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:  
  20:11   For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.  
  20:12   Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.  
  20:13   Thou shalt not kill.  
  20:14   Thou shalt not commit adultery.  
  20:15   Thou shalt not steal.  
  20:16   Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.  
  20:17   Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that [is] thy neighbour's. ", (Exodus, chapter 20)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2004, 07:21:53 PM »

Silver Surfer,

What are the Commandments of Jesus Christ?

(Matthew 22:35)  Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
(Matthew 22:36)  Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
(Matthew 22:37)  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
(Matthew 22:38)  This is the first and great commandment.
(Matthew 22:39)  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
(Matthew 22:40)  On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2004, 10:21:55 AM »

Silver Surfer,

(Matthew 22:35)  Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
(Matthew 22:36)  Master, which is the great commandment in the law.  
(Matthew 22:37)  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
(Matthew 22:39)  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Exactly.......the first 4 commandments, tell us how to love God.
The last 6 commandments, tells us how to love our neighbor.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2004, 11:42:31 AM »

Silver Surfer,

BEP:

S.S.:  

Interesting thought on Christ's commandments. Christ simplified it all for man. With love for God , one another, and neighbor all the commandments of God as given to Moses are fulfilled in our daily lives. With this love in our hearts we would not go against any one commandment but fulfill them all.
Paul also relates this love in 1 Corinthians 13.

ollie
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 11:47:03 AM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2004, 02:54:06 PM »

Ollie Said:

Interesting thought on Christ's commandments. Christ simplified it all for man. With love for God , one another, and neighbor all the commandments of God as given to Moses are fulfilled in our daily lives. With this love in our hearts we would not go against any one commandment but fulfill them all.

ollie

Brother Ollie,

Our Saviour did much more than simplify - MUCH MORE. We are not under Law - BUT GRACE. There is now an ultimate Law, one that all Christians can easily agree with - THE LAW OF FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST. Jesus Christ, Very GOD, died on the CROSS for ALL who will beleive and have faith in HIM. Those who study the Holy Bible understand the purpose for the schoolmaster for the Law of Moses. Those who don't understand rob themselves of the meaning and purpose of the most precious event in the history of mankind - THE CROSS! Those who wish to live under the law must do so perfectly under 600+ laws. Those who wish to live under Grace must do so under the THE LAW OF FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST.

The Gospel of God's Grace is simple enough for a child to understand. In fact, Jesus wants us to come to HIM like a child, regardless of our age when we believe, have faith, and ask HIM to come into our hearts as Lord and Saviour.

There was and is a MOST CRITICAL meaning, purpose, and effect OF THE CROSS!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2004, 03:31:45 PM »

Ollie Said:

ollie

Brother Ollie,

Our Saviour did much more than simplify - MUCH MORE. We are not under Law - BUT GRACE. There is now an ultimate Law, one that all Christians can easily agree with - THE LAW OF FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST. Jesus Christ, Very GOD, died on the CROSS for ALL who will beleive and have faith in HIM. Those who study the Holy Bible understand the purpose for the schoolmaster for the Law of Moses. Those who don't understand rob themselves of the meaning and purpose of the most precious event in the history of mankind - THE CROSS! Those who wish to live under the law must do so perfectly under 600+ laws. Those who wish to live under Grace must do so under the THE LAW OF FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST.

The Gospel of God's Grace is simple enough for a child to understand. In fact, Jesus wants us to come to HIM like a child, regardless of our age when we believe, have faith, and ask HIM to come into our hearts as Lord and Saviour.

Love In Christ,
Tom

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2004, 04:09:51 PM »

Ollie Said:

ollie

Brother Ollie,

Love In Christ,
Tom
Hi Tom,

I think you misunderstand what I was saying and I am not sure I know how to re-explain it.
I was not talking about living under the Law as given to Moses. I was just trying to say how wonderful Christ summed up all the commandments in these two and if we love God and one another as we should we actually are fulfilling all the ten. Siver Surfer's previous thought which I quoted brought it to my mind. It has nothing to do with the great gift of God obtained through Jesus Christ. That being salvaged from our sin to eternal life. It is more attitude toward God and each other.

Thanks for your great lesson on grace vs. law anyway. I appreciate it.
ollie

« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 04:12:17 PM by ollie » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2004, 08:29:11 PM »

Brother Ollie,

I'm glad that you clarified that. I did misunderstand. That's part of the problem with all of these new-fangled devices (i.e. computers, email, forums, etc.). We can't see hand gestures or hear voice tones. We have an inadequate number of smilies to give each other hints.   Cheesy  Brother, I'm sending a BIG OKLAHOMA HUG to you.

Indeed, the GIFT of Jesus Christ on the CROSS for us is very simple, wonderful, and MOST PRECIOUS. The TREASURES we have in JESUS are beyond imagination.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2004, 05:21:58 PM »

Silver Surfer,

BEP:

S.S.:  
Remember though....don't mix up the Law of Moses with the Law of God....as God [Himself] wrote the 10 commandments on stone tablets....and [added no more] , Duet. 5:22).

And, Moses wrote the other laws in a 'book', laws which God told Moses[himself] to write down to give to the Levite priests.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2004, 12:59:53 AM »

Silver Surfer Said:

And, Moses wrote the other laws in a 'book', laws which God told Moses[himself] to write down to give to the Levite priests.

YEP! - You are stuck in the Law and can't get out. Jesus Christ, VERY GOD, can help you get out, and he won't need Moses or the Levite priests.

I think that you finally have me confused. Do you believe that Jesus Christ is VERY GOD, that HE died on the CROSS for you, that HE is THE MESSIAH, that HE is the LORD AND SAVIOUR?

If NOT, you need a different message than the posts I prepared for you. You will need Jesus Christ in your heart as Lord and Saviour before any of those posts will mean anything to you. Let us know. There are many Christians here who will be happy to share Jesus with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2004, 05:01:32 PM »

Silver Surfer Said:

YEP! - You are stuck in the Law and can't get out.
  Psalms 119:172   My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments [are] righteousness.  

The Apostle Paul said:  Romans 7:22   "For I delight in the law of God ...after the inward man".  

Jesus Christ, VERY GOD, can help you get out, and he won't need Moses or the Levite priests.
And Jesus said:
"IF..you love me, keep my commandments", (John 14:15).
John 5:46   For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me.."

Do you believe that Jesus Christ is VERY GOD, that HE died on the CROSS for you, that HE is THE MESSIAH, that HE is the LORD AND SAVIOUR?
But, of course.  Matthew 1:21   And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people [from] their sins.
It is the vast majority of the Christian world, that believes that Jesus Christ [saves] people 'in'...their sins.
If NOT, you need a different message than the posts I prepared for you. You will need Jesus Christ in your heart as Lord and Saviour before any of those posts will mean anything to you. Let us know. There are many Christians here who will be happy to share Jesus with you.
THe Christian world at large, does not know Jesus Christ of the Bible:  1 John 2:4   "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him".  

Love In Christ,
Tom
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2004, 12:17:22 AM »

By S.S.  THe Christian world at large, does not know Jesus Christ of the Bible:  1 John 2:4  "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him".

Jn.5:46-47  "Had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me, for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?"
The Law of Moses is this: the Law was only for the circumcised nation Israel. The Law was never given to the Gentiles, but only to the Jews. Unless you are in Israel, and a Jew, the Law of Moses doesn't apply.

By beeps,  The GIFT of Jesus Christ on the CROSS for us is very simple, wonderful, and MOST PRECIOUS. The TREASURES we have in JESUS are beyond imagination.
Amen!!

by S.S.  Do you realize that I belong to the church that  God identifies, as His.
And what church would that be?

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2004, 05:36:29 AM »

author=Silver Surfer:

Remember though....don't mix up the Law of Moses with the Law of God....as God [Himself] wrote the 10 commandments on stone tablets....and [added no more] , Duet. 5:22).

The law of ordinances and the ten commandments were all of God and not Moses. They were given to Moses to deliver to the people God had chosen.

ollie

Reba
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2004, 10:18:10 AM »

The Holy Bible is the word of Moses?   as Mr. beapster says...

NOT
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the