Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:40:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  'For by grace you have been saved...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'For by grace you have been saved...  (Read 31473 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2003, 07:46:32 AM »

Since Gods Word plainly declares that we are all sinners and that as such we cannot possibly enter into heaven, the question I would now ask you is of utmost importance  WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT YOUR SIN? Several answers are often given in response to this incredibly vital consideration. Many feel their sin can be taken care of by living a good life or by turning over a new leaf and trying to do better. Others see themselves as just as good as the next person and in the final analysis, their good will outweigh their bad and somehow everything will work out all right. Still others sincerely believe that by joining the church or by going through religious ceremonies (confirmation, baptism, confession partaking of the Lords Supper, etc.,) they will be able to relieve sins guilt and penalty  But the Word of God is very definite concerning the error of such reasoning and the utter futility of any self-effort to remedy ones own sinful condition. It is not by works of righteousness which we have done according to His mercy He saved us (Titus 3:5). Actually, we have no righteousness of our own nor could we do any good work which would help in the lightest way in accomplishing our salvation, i.e., or forgiveness from sin. The Bible says, We are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags, (Isaiah 64:6). Through holy resolve, religious activity, and honest effort we can make our life appear more respectable on the exterior. But inwardly, the heart is unchanged. Sin is concealed, not washed away. No good work, religious ceremony, or pious intention can ever cancel Gods declared penalty for our sin.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2003, 07:48:58 AM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2003, 09:26:51 AM »

What, then, must we do to be saved? If the Bible plainly teaches that we can do nothing to save ourselves from sin and its penalty (and it does), then how can we be made acceptable before God? Once again, the answer is found in Gods Holy Word and what a wonderful answer it is! He (God the father) hath made us accepted in the beloved (Jesus Christ) Ephesians 1:6. How is it that we can have acceptance before God in the person of Jesus Christ? For when we were yet without strength, in due time CHRIST DIED FOR THE UNGODLY (Romans 5:6). Think of that! When we were yet without strength, completely unable to do anything to effect our own salvation, Christ died in our place. God knew we were utterly helpless as hell-bound sinners and in accordance with HIS GRACE, He intervened in our behalf. He sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, into the world to shed His precious blood as the FULL and COMPLETE payment for sin. In so doing, Jesus Christ died the death of the sinner. For He (God the Father) hath made Him (Jesus Christ) to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him. (II Corinthians 5:21). And why did He do this? The answer is found in Romans 5:8:

But God commendeth HIS LOVE toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

You see, the penalty for sin had to be paid, and God the Father placed our sin upon the bruised and bleeding body of His dear Son. The full weight and penalty for sin, OUR SIN, fell upon the crucified Lord of Glory! He was our sin-bearer, our substitute. When He cried out from the cross, IT IS FINISHED, He had accomplished just that, a COMPLETE and ALL-SUFFICIENT OFFERING for sin a PERFECT SALVATION!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2003, 09:29:08 AM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2003, 10:42:24 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Ambassador4Christ,

Amen! Thank you brother. God's Matchless Grace is Exceedingly Abundant!!!!

In Christ,

bep

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2003, 03:05:37 PM »

bep, God's Matchless Grace is Exceedingly Abundant!!!!

A4C, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!!!  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2003, 03:09:09 PM »

The Bible is very clear concerning what you must now do in order to make His perfect, complete salvation your own. Salvation is a wonderful truth. But is will be of no value to you unless you believe it. It is through FAITH in the Lord Jesus Christ and His complete work that the cleansing power of the blood is applied. It was His sacrificial death on the cross which provides salvation for any lost sinner who will simply TRUST IN HIM as the ONLY Saviour for sin and the ONLY way to heaven. When we believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died, was buried and was raised again bodily from the tomb, and trust that all this was doe to accomplish a perfect salvation for sinful man, then we receive full forgiveness of sins and the gift of everlasting life!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2003, 05:27:02 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Ambassador4Christ,

Your messages and graphics are a real Blessing! Is there a place to get beautiful graphics like that?

In Christ,

Tom

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2003, 07:35:25 PM »

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2003, 09:52:35 AM »

"... behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure YOUR SIN WILL FIND YOU OUT"
(Numbers 32:23).
Now I must start by telling you the bad news, but keep on reading because at the end of this message there is good news.

You must understand that the Bible is THE WORD OF GOD, not the word of men. The Bible tells us God's law and the bad news is you have BROKEN GOD'S LAW and that is called SIN!

"For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not"
(Ecclesiastes 7:20).
Therefore...

"Whosoever commiteth sin transgresseth also the law: FOR SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW'
(1 John 3:4).
One example of a sin and how you have broken God's law is when you told a lie. God Almighty said very clearly in His Word not to tell a lie:

"Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, NEITHER LIE ONE TO ANOTHER"
(Leviticus 19:11).
Yet you have done just the opposite: YOU HAVE LIED!

"... let God be true, BUT EVERY MAN A LIAR... ³
(Romans 3:4).
How many lies do you have to tell to become a liar? Well, how many murders does a person have to commit to become a murderer? ONE! So when you told your first lie, you became a liar. Therefore, you are a sinner and you will be held personally accountable to God Almighty for every single sin you have ever committed in thought, word or deed. You then will receive exactly what you earned for your sins: DEATH!

"For the wages of sin is DEATH..."
(Romans 6:23).
When you die physically one day, this will be your first death. Then after you are dead, your soul will leave your body and you will stand before God Almighty to be JUDGED for all the sins you have committed in ,your lifetime:

"And I saw a GREAT WHITE THRONE, and Him that sat on it... "And I saw the dead, small and great, STAND BEFORE GOD- and the books were opened... and the dead were JUDGED out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works"
(Revelation 20:11,12).
Then after you have been truthfully judged by God Almighty and declared GUILTY, you then will receive what sinners deserve. You will be cast into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone where you will burn forever and ever DYING FOR YOUR SINS!

"...ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the SECOND DEATH"
(Revelation 21:Cool.
Just try to imagine how it will feel to die for your sins in the Lake of Fire. For example, try holding your hand in an open flame for just 10 seconds, Now imagine spending ETERNITY in a Lake of Fire and Brimstone!

"The same shall drink of the wine of the WRATH OF GOD, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of His indignation; and he shall be TORMENTED WITH FIRE AND BRIMSTONE..."
(Revelation 14:10).

And worst of all, you will have NO HOPE of ever getting out!

"And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up FOR EVER AND EVER... "
(Revelation 14:1 1).
Therefore, your punishment for eternity will be to burn in the Lake of Fire FOREVER AND EVER. This will be the death of your soul which is called THE SECOND DEATH. Now, you might be saying to yourself that you don't believe what the Bible says. If that's so, the Lord Jesus Christ has something to say to you:

"He that rejecteth me, and RECEIVETH NOT my words, hath one that judgeth him: THE WORD THAT I HAVE SPOKEN, THE SAME SHALL JUDGE HIM IN THE LAST DAY"
(John 12:48).
That's the bad news...

Now answer this question: Would you like to have all your sins forgiven TODAY? If your answer is yes, read on and see the good news that God has for you!

"But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, CHRIST DIED FOR US"
(Romans 5:Cool.
The Lord Jesus Christ loves you and came into the world to SAVE YOU from spending eternity in the Lake of Fire. In order to do this, your sin debt had to be completely paid. And that is exactly what the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished when He died on the cross at Calvary. HE HAS PAID IN FULL YOUR SIN DEBT WITH HIS OWN BLOOD! Therefore, you do not have to die for your sins in the Lake of Fire. Why? Because the Lord Jesus Christ has already DIED FOR YOU!

"For when we were yet without strength, in due time CHRIST DIED FOR THE UNGODLY"
(Romans 5:6).
My friend, even though you are guilty and worthy of the second death, God Almighty DESIRES to save you from the Lake of Fire. He offers to you the complete forgiveness of your sins as a free gift and right now is your opportunity to receive it. But there is only ONE WAY to get it, so read carefully...

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM should not perish, but have everlasting life"
(John 3:16).
Now this is the most important part, so if you don't want to burn in the Lake of Fire for eternity, PAY ATTENTION!

Did you notice the Word of God says, "whosoever believeth in Him?" IT DOES NOT SAY, "whosoever believeth in Him PLUS your good works. " If you trust in the Lord Jesus Christ AND in your good works to have your sins forgiven you are telling God Almighty the followings "Lord, I don't believe what your Son did on the cross was ENOUGH to pay for my sins. Therefore, I'll add my good works to what your Son did and Together that should satisfy you and therefore earn the forgiveness of my sins." Right?

WRONG!!! My friend, you are DEAD WRONG!!!

Stop for one minute and think very seriously about the next question I'm going to ask you.

What do you think God Almighty would be more satified with as a payment for your sins? The DEATH of His own dear Son, or your good works? Well, let's see what His own Word tells us He's satisfied with:

"He [God the Father] shall see of the travail of His (Jesus Christ's] soul, and SHALL BE SATISFIED..."
(Isaiah 53:1 1).
This verse clearly says that God is SATISFIED with the DEATH His Son endured on the cross. And the next verse clearly says how He views your good works.

"But we [all mankind] are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses [good works] are as FILTHY RAGS... "
( Isaiah 64:6).
My friend, you have now heard the good news of God's Grace to you . And at this very moment God knows what you are thinking. He now offers to you the complete forgiveness of your sins as a free gift! You now have the responsibility of making a decision.

Here's the question: Who and what are you going to trust in to have all your sins forgiven? The ONLY choice that God Almighty will be pleased with and that will allow Him to JUSTLY forgive all your sins is this: When you STOP trusting in yourself and your own good works and then put your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and in Him ALONE, believing that He paid for all your sins with His BLOOD when HE DIED ON THE CROSS at Calvary.

"Being justified FREELY by His GRACE through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:"
"Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation [a fully satisfying sacrifice] THROUGH FAITH IN HIS BLOOD..."

"...that He might be JUST, and the JUSTIFIER of him WHICH BELIEVETH IN JESUS"
(Romans 3:24-26).

On behalf of God Almighty I BEG YOU, stop trusting in yourself and your own good works. Then simply make a decision in your heart to trust EXCLUSIVELY in the Lord Jesus Christ and in Him ALONE, believing that He paid for all your sins with His BLOOD when HE DIED ON THE CROSS at Calvary.

The moment you trust in Him, God Almighty will forgive you all your sins ONCE AND FOR ALL and save you from spending etemity in the Lake of Fire

THE CHOICE IS NOW UP TO YOU...

Well? What did you decide? If you have wisely decided to stop trusting in yourself and to trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and in Him ALONE, let me say to you on the authority of the INFALLIBLE WORD OF GOD that all your sins have been completely forgiven ONCE AND FOR ALL and you are now SAVED from the Lake of Fire!

"And you, being dead in your sins... hath He quickened together with him, HAVING FORGIVEN YOU ALL TRESPASSES"
(Colossians 2:13).
Plus...

"Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be SAVED FROM WRATH through Him"
(Romans 5:9).
Or, if you foolishly decided to keep on thinking that the death of the Lord Jesus Christ was not enough to pay for your sins and therefore you had better continue to do good works so that you can EARN God Almighty's forgiveness, just remember:

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of DEATH"
(Proverbs 14:12).
My friend, if you could get your sins forgiven by doing good works, the Lord Jesus Christ would NEVER have gone to the cross and DIED FOR THEM!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2003, 10:09:43 AM »

Today God's grace is holding back His anger, allowing mankind a timely opportunity to be saved. Today is your opportunity to trust Jesus Christ--and His payment for sin--to be your salvation. Please don't call God a liar. Trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior today!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2003, 01:29:15 PM »

We can know and be assured of our salvation. We have the testimony of all three persons of the Godhead: God's Word clearly promises it, Christ's work on the cross is the basis for it, and the Holy Spirit bears witness within our hearts that we are God's children.

"Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work." (II Thess. 2:16-17)

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2003, 01:42:01 PM »

Do not take your beliefs to the Bible. Get your beliefs from the Bible.  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2003, 05:29:57 PM »

In every age God has established some action as a show of faith.

In the case of Noah, for instance, it was to build an ark. It was not building the ark that justified Noah; it was his faith. But if he had not built the ark, he would have been showing that he didn't really believe God regarding the flood. He received righteousness when he believed and showed his faith when he built the ark.

(Hebrews 11:7 KJV) By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
For the Old Testament and kingdom believers, their faith was to be shown by adherence to the Law. This does not mean that they could not keep every point of the Law, but that when they did transgress the Law they showed the proper repentance and brought the proper sacrifices, after the crucifixion and resurrection, this also included the propitiatory sacrifice and advocacy of Christ in their behalf.

(1 John 2:1-6 KJV) My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: {2} And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. {3} And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. {4} He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. {5} But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. {6} He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
For the kingdom believer, the sacrifice of Christ did not give them liberty to break the Law willfully, but it did make provision for the inadvertent transgressions to which mankind is prone.

(Hebrews 10:26-27 KJV) For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, {27} But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
I [Richard Church] don't believe this constitutes a loss of salvation, but rather the willful sin was a sign that the person had never received the righteousness which is of faith. When God says certain actions are worthy of judgment, if they do those things and expect to escape judgment, then they don't really have faith in God.

However, for us today, there is no good work that must be done to show salvation. Faith in and of itself is enough. This is what Paul means when he says:

(Romans 3:24-28 KJV) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: {25} Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; {26} To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. {27} Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. {28} Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Today it is not necessary for us to declare our imputed righteousness by our works, but rather to declare God's righteousness by our faith in the shed blood of Christ as the full and complete payment for our sins. Whereas Israel was justified by faith, and their faith was made perfect by works (James 2:22), we are justified by faith completely apart from any deeds of the Law. Unlike any previous dispensation, in the dispensation of grace, there are no works that must by done to show our faith.

To sum up, salvation is now, and has always been, essentially by grace through faith. What has changed, however, is the required response of true faith.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2003, 02:09:54 PM »

MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT
2 Corinthians 12:7-10:

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. Amen!

"My Grace Is Sufficient!" Four simple words, but oh the power behind those words. I imagine there is not a one of us who cannot say that they have not encountered those words in their lifetime. How many times have we gone through difficult circumstances and have heard those words, even said them ourselves.

Now we could list all of the chapters and verses in the Bible that describe the word grace, but let's take a look at examples of grace in action in the Bible. David was looked at as a strong king who led many battles that were won for the Lord.

But in a weak moment, he lusted after a married woman, slept with her and she became pregnant. Then he tried to deceive her husband and ended up killing him. The baby that was born out of this affair died and David hit one of the lowest times in his life. But God's grace was sufficient. He experienced forgiveness, and later fathered Solomon who built the Temple in Jerusalem. Jonah was a man chosen of God to prophesy to many people. God told him to go to Nineve hand gave him a message to give to the people of this town. But Jonah in his fear and weakness decided not to go and ended up in the belly of a big fish. But there in that fish, he experienced the grace of the Lord.

God's forgiveness, mercy, and grace flowed in Jonah's life, and he was later able to complete the mission God had given him through the power of the Lord. Here in today's text we read that Paul had a nagging affliction that he had prayed about, asking the Lord to deliver him from it, but instead of the deliverance, he experienced the grace of the Lord.

How many times have we done things out of God's will and experienced the grace of the Lord. We realized our actions, and were cut to the bone because of our disobedience, but after repentance, felt that wonderful grace of God flowing in our lives that turned our weakness into a powerful testimony to that grace.

How many times have we had weak areas of our lives that we knew, believed, and trusted God could touch them, but felt like nothing happened. Surely God has not heard our prayer nor seen our faith. Paul must have felt this way, but through this affliction, this unmoving thorn, he was able to testify to God's sufficient grace.

I am reminded of a story I read about years ago of a young girl named Joni Ericsson. Joni was an up and coming swimming star. She was diving and dived into shallow water, broke her neck and spine, and well, you know the rest of the story.

She was paralyzed from the neck down. For days and months she laid in a stryker bed in the hospital not wanting to live. She felt she had been given a raw deal. Then she began to receive the Lord's ministry, and accepted the changes in her that the Lord was trying to make. She began to grow in her relationship with the Lord and her spirit changed dramatically.

She always had faith that the Lord would heal her and she would one day walk again. But instead of the healing she thought she would surely get, she experienced the grace of God. That sufficient grace in her weak and helpless state enabled her to learn to paint and draw by holding pen, pencils, and brushes in her mouth.

She has become a very well known speaker, author, and artist. She even got married. I remember in her book, that sometime after she was out of the hospital, and had begun some short speaking tours, a little boy came up to her in his wheel chair, and told her how her story had inspired him to keep going.

My grace is sufficient. Words that can calm a troubled heart, when the circumstances would not change. I experienced His sufficient grace when my late husband passed away. It is something that is really indescribable, but the powerful peace that comes with it becomes a testimony for others going through difficult times.

I believe in healing, and I believe in deliverance. I also believe that it is God's choice, and if and when He decides to not heal someone or deliver someone the way we think, He spreads His grace over them. He needs people who are experiencing His grace and power to show the way in difficult situations.

He needs our trials to be a testimony to someone whose trials are greater. We have to be like Joni Ericsson and put it in God's hands, and trust His faithfulness, His mercy, His grace to strengthen us when we are weak. After all, as Jesus said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."

So whether we are needing to experience God's grace because of something we have done wrong and need His forgiveness and grace to deal with it, or we are in a hard situation that seemingly has no end, it is there for us and free for the asking.

Let us challenge ourselves instead of complaining, murmuring, and feeling sorry for ourselves in a difficult circumstance, to seek and receive God's grace. Let it flow into, through, and out of our lives.

Let these situations become testimonies to His faithfulness, instead of a time to wallow in self pity. Let Him get the glory He deserves. Let us allow our lives to reflect Philippians 4:4-9; Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the