Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:17:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  'For by grace you have been saved...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'For by grace you have been saved...  (Read 31486 times)
Sean

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2003, 09:17:03 AM »

Do you believe we can choose Christ and be saved or do you think we are pre-destined (calvanist) to be saved or judged?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2003, 02:16:24 PM »

Two things are very important

To know Jesus Christ as your Saviour so as to be sure right now of your eternal destiny.

To know what is the right truth for the believer today so you can walk in its fullness.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2003, 02:21:50 PM »

Scripture reading Romans 4:5

There is hardly a more "life changing Scripture" than this one! Can it really be that God means what this verse says! To the one who does not work, but simply believes on Him" that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness"? Words could not be clearer than these simply words of assurance that God gave Paul to write. God's wonderful grace is based upon Christ's work then, and not mine. I am to sincerely trust Him as Saviour and take God at His Word that He will count my faith, my believing Him, for righteousness.

I knew I did not have righteousness of my own. I really did not think that I could do the "mission impossible" of pleasing God. But, like so very many religious folks, I tried anyway. Surely good works together with the "means of grace" dispensed thru the sacraments of the church should count for something. After all, what could God expect! That was all my religious leaders seemed to expect. But then came, "to him that worketh not...!" And what a blessed relief it was--and still is--to know that God counts believing His Son for eternal righteousness in His sight.

Then all these works to gain God's favor were for nothing. I already had His favor, for "God commends His love toward us in that, while we were [I was] yet sinners Christ died for us." God had shown His favor. I had simply to take Him at His Word.

From the time that was a settled issue in my soul, I had peace, assurance, pardon, life, the hope of glory and grace abounding with more than I ever thought possible! These blessings did not come until I realized that it was not what I did, but what Christ had already done. Now a life of good works in thankful worship can result!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2003, 02:31:45 PM »

Scripture Reading: Romans 4:4-5

God has always offered salvation to mankind. Even before man fell into sin, God planned to provide for salvation throughout "the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world" (Revelation 13:Cool. Furthermore, God has always offered salvation on the basis of faith for "without faith it is impossible to please Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

However, throughout the ages, God has required various methods of exercising faith in Him. Under the Law, man was required to obey the commandments in faith. To obey the Law out of mere tradition without faith did not result in righteousness (see Romans 9:31-32). Likewise, to say you had faith, but then did not obey the Law was also futile (see James 2:8-26). So under the Law, men were saved by faith, which in turn was demonstrated by a faithful obedience to the Law.

But in this dispensation of grace, salvation is offered by faith alone without any required outward response. In fact, Paul us careful to separate works from faith entirely when it comes to being saved. as he says in our text, "Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, him faith is counted for righteousness (Romans 4:4-5). We must likewise be careful to present the gospel of grace in a way that our hearers do not confuse works with faith. Many preach that in order to be saved, we must "repent of our sins" or "pray this prayer" or "make Christ Lord of your life." These make be good things to do, but should come as a result of believing he gospel, not as a method of salvation.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2003, 02:50:55 PM »

Do you believe we can choose Christ and be saved or do you think we are pre-destined (calvanist) to be saved or judged?

Oklahoma Howdy to Sean,

I think that many people have a lot of confusion and trouble with the term, "Predestination". Almighty God knows all in eternity past and eternity future. This is the meaning of predestination. Jesus wants all of mankind to love HIM, accept Him as their personal Saviour, and follow HIM as the Lord of their life. Almighty God's foreknowledge of all does not mean that HE has commanded some to be saved and some not to be saved. Almighty God simply knew before the foundation of the world your name, the number of hairs on your head, and whether or not you will accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour.

Some take the term of "Predestination" and claim that God commands and programs some people, much like robots, to become children of God. If this were true, HE would command all people to become children of God and obey HIS will and purpose. The world would be a beautiful place if this was true. However, Almighty God gave mankind will and choice to accept or reject Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour.

In Christ.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2003, 03:58:04 PM »

FIVE MEN MADE FIVE MISTAKES

One man struck a match to see if the gasoline tank in
his car was empty. It wasn't.

One man patted a strange dog on the head to see if it
was affectionate. It wasn't.

One man sped up to see if he could beat the train to
the crossing. He didn't.

One man touched an electric wire to see if it was
dead. It wasn't.

One man thought he could get to heaven without Christ.
He couldn't.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Sean

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2003, 07:25:24 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Sean,

I think that many people have a lot of confusion and trouble with the term, "Predestination". Almighty God knows all in eternity past and eternity future. This is the meaning of predestination. Jesus wants all of mankind to love HIM, accept Him as their personal Saviour, and follow HIM as the Lord of their life. Almighty God's foreknowledge of all does not mean that HE has commanded some to be saved and some not to be saved. Almighty God simply knew before the foundation of the world your name, the number of hairs on your head, and whether or not you will accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour.

Some take the term of "Predestination" and claim that God commands and programs some people, much like robots, to become children of God. If this were true, HE would command all people to become children of God and obey HIS will and purpose. The world would be a beautiful place if this was true. However, Almighty God gave mankind will and choice to accept or reject Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour.

In Christ.

I agree with this, it is un-nerving to think it's not our free choice.  I certainly understand the difference between foreknowledge and pre-destination.  God is all knowing, but we have free will.  I was reading an arguement with people who believe God already made us "one way" (without will) and we do not have the abiblity in ourselves to choose or reject Him.

Ambassador4Christ,
I believe our very faith comes in realizing that we are broken spiritually, and can by no means save ourselves.  It is not until we set aside our sinful worldly view for a moment, and see our inability to please God in any way, that we call on Christ.  A new believer must realize this.  I talk to "believers/chuch goers/religeous people" that say, "I just live my life the best I can and hopefully it's good enough."  You can't be good enough, it seems they have missed the point because since they feel they are "good enough" that they don't need a saviour.  Until someone realizes they need a savior, they won't have faith in the Savior.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2003, 09:25:46 PM by Sean » Logged
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2003, 02:29:32 AM »

Ambassador4Christ,
I believe our very faith comes in realizing that we are broken spiritually, and can by no means save ourselves.  It is not until we set aside our sinful worldly view for a moment, and see our inability to please God in any way, that we call on Christ.  A new believer must realize this.  I talk to "believers/chuch goers/religeous people" that say, "I just live my life the best I can and hopefully it's good enough."  You can't be good enough, it seems they have missed the point because since they feel they are "good enough" that they don't need a saviour.  Until someone realizes they need a savior, they won't have faith in the Savior.

Sean, I agree with your above statement.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2003, 05:00:33 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Sean,

Yes, you are correct. No person is good enough to get to Heaven. There is only one way to Heaven. Jesus Christ is the WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE. I think it is very sad that some folks think they can add something of any value to the BLOOD OF JESUS with their own goodness, works, or righteousness.

God's children do benefit greatly when they attempt to do the will and purpose of God. Our fellowship with Jesus is fuller and the fruits of the Spirit are more bountiful (i.e. peace, joy, love). When we don't follow the will and purpose of God, we can expect chastisement and lesser fellowship with Christ. Our good works are simply the reasonable service of a grateful child. If we have anything to boast about, it will be in Christ. If we have any glory, it will be glory, honor, and praise to God.

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2003, 08:33:45 AM »

God's children do benefit greatly when they attempt to do the will and purpose of God. Our fellowship with Jesus is fuller and the fruits of the Spirit are more bountiful (i.e. peace, joy, love). When we don't follow the will and purpose of God, we can expect chastisement and lesser fellowship with Christ. Our good works are simply the reasonable service of a grateful child. If we have anything to boast about, it will be in Christ. If we have any glory, it will be glory, honor, and praise to God.

*applauds*
and throws in an A4C "DITTO"!  Wink

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2003, 12:59:30 PM »

*applauds*
and throws in an A4C "DITTO"!  Wink

And here is one back at you Bro DITTO  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2003, 05:14:03 PM »

Did Jesus Really Do Enough?

Apparently not if you listen to what religion, tradition and denominationalism are saying.
They seem to say "Jesus paid a part and I a part you know, sin had left a crimson stain WE washed it white as snow."

I believe what the Bible says.

The Bible says we are not capable of doing enough good to save ourselves. Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come SHORT of the glory of God;

The Bible says the Lord Jesus Christ paid for all our sins. He did not miss any of them, now or in the future.

Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you ALL trespasses;

The Bible says he paid enough. Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ ONCE FOR ALL.

I believe the B-I-B-L-E
« Last Edit: May 01, 2003, 05:54:27 PM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Sean

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2003, 09:12:37 PM »

Amen!  Grin
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2003, 08:28:53 PM »

We all spend a tremendous amount of time, effort and money to care for our temporal needs, but few seem concerned about their eternal needs. TOO BUSY? We shouldnt be!

A long time ago, Jesus asked, for what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Do you have answers to these vital questions? If not, I sincerely hope you will take a few moments right now to seriously consider what God wants you to know about life now and the life hereafter. It will be time well spent  perhaps the most crucial few minutes of your entire existence.

The written Word of God, the Bible, emphatically states what we must understand and what we must believe if we are to be brought into a right relationship with our Creator. We can KNOW where we will spend eternity. It makes no difference what our opinions might be, but it makes all the difference in the world what Almighty God has said must be!

« Last Edit: May 02, 2003, 08:30:06 PM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2003, 08:51:41 PM »

The first thing the Bible would have us realize is our natural standing before God. We are by nature the children of wrath, (Ephesians 2:3), and we are dead in trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2:1). We are sinners by birth and by practice. There are no exceptions! As it is written, there is none righteous, no not one, (Romans 3:10). For all have sinned, and conic short of the glory of God, (Romans 3:23). As sinners we have fallen far short of the divine standard of absolute holiness and we stand before an all righteous God  GUILTY AS CHARGED! Consider the consequences if you should die in this condition at this very moment. The Bible removes all uncertainty concerning what would lie beyond the grave, for it says, It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement. (Hebrews 9:27). The outcome of this judgement is revealed as well. Until the sin problem has been settled, there is no possible way a guilty sinner can enter the glories of heaven.

The next logical question is, If one dying in sin cannot enter heaven, then where will he spend eternity? Revelation 20:15 answers by stating, Whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Hell is a place of everlasting and literal torment. This eternal existence in the lake of fire is referred to as the second death and is the just penalty for sin For the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). Those who die in their sins face the reality of eternal suffering  the bitter end of sin!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2003, 08:54:18 PM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the