Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:50:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  US Elections 2004
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: US Elections 2004  (Read 39147 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2004, 01:49:42 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Digme,

Cheesy  Now I know you are a guy.

I did read your post very carefully, and I think that I understand. I don't think this thread was intended to address our daily walk and fellowship with Jesus. I think it was more intended as a simple political thread for Christians to discuss who they will vote for and why.

There are some Christians who honestly believe that we shouldn't vote at all or voice anything in the affairs of men. According to them, we are not of this world and should have nothing to do with it. Some of those same folks believe that Christians shouldn't hold public office since it would be a conflict of interest serving God.

I bet you can guess that I don't agree with the paragraph above.   Cheesy  Many would be tickled to death if all Christians would simply sit down and shut-up. In fact, many would prefer that Christians were not seen or heard in public. Well, I won't sit down and be quiet. I hope that many Christians feel the same way.

I've prayed for every President almost daily, regardless of whether I voted for them or not. The same would be true when I disagreed completely with what they were doing. I feel it is a Christian's duty to pray for our leaders, regardless of how good or bad we fell they may be doing.

I think that most mature Christians pray at least daily about what to do that would be most pleasing to God. The same would be true for helping the lost, poor, and the hungry. It's more than obvious that hosts of Christians feel burdened to also help the hungry and sick of other countries, regardless of whether they wish to kill us or not. For each Christian, it should be a matter of prayer in everything they do or don't do in their daily lives. Prayer should be the highest priority every day, and everything else should wait.

There are still lost, hungry and sick people all over the world, regardless of how much we do or how hard we try. In fact, there are still lost, hungry and sick people in America. This is also a matter of prayer for most mature Christians every day. I don't hint that I have the answers, but I know who does. HIS NAME IS JESUS!

The problems of mankind started with the first man, Adam. It was his sin and the sin of his seed that are responsible for the horrible mess mankind created. JESUS is the only answer. The darkness and evil of this world will one day be locked away. In the meantime, Christians should stand up and "run a good course". We can't solve the problems of this world, but we should try. Our Saviour will solve the mess men have made at HIS appointed time.

Love In Christ,
Tom  

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2004, 06:29:35 PM »

So very sadly i agree Ollie. Cry

Another point i cant help but see  is  to ask the question where o where was the Church in 1970?  Dallas Texas also is home to Dallas Theological Seminary  they were quiet ………..

Cry

Support your local Christian.
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2004, 06:32:26 PM »

This may be a suprise to some but GOD is in control. God is soverign. He places the kings  or governments at His will. Man is not in comtrol of mans destinity.
Yes, for His purpose not ours.

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2004, 06:40:08 PM »

Ollie Said:

It would appear that democrats and republicans are at fault for this lawful murder of unborn children.

Ollie

Oklahoma Howdy to Ollie,

I must agree with you, but I would like to add something to the equation, something that is being talked about now.

We have a lot of Judicial activism that is not necessarily to do with the law or with the Constitution. They have done many things that are not the will of the people. I would add that the "Separation of Power" is broken. Several recent examples involve the Legislative and Executive Branch of Government being in agreement and the Judicial Branch either overturning them or doing something opposite.

We didn't elect the Judicial Branch of government, and they don't rule America. The people rule America in the form of our representative style government where we vote them in and vote them out. It is far past time for the "Separation of Powers" philosophy of the founders to be repaired. The Judicial Branch of government is involved, up to the eyeballs, in turning America away from God. The Judicial Branch of government is not our elected representatives, and they should never be allowed to rule America.

Love In Christ,
Tom
I agree. The supreme court at times seems to be unconstitutional in their actions. Where is the ACLU when really needed?

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2004, 07:23:07 PM »

Ollie,
The supreme court under President Nixon seemed to have much to do in the decision to legalize abortion.
Members of the supreme court tend to spend very little time "under" the administration that actually nominated them to the court.  Am I correct in assuming the Supreme Court "under" Nixon was a group actually nominated and confirmed under Johnson, Kennedy & Eisenhower?  The reason I put the word “under” in quotes – is because of our form of government:  Legislative, Executive & Judicial.  The president is head of the Executive branch – he does not head the Judicial branch – thus, you cannot say “The supreme court UNDER” any president - the judicial branch is separate (thank God!).

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2004, 08:39:28 PM »

i want to ask an honest question to dreamweaver and to judge_not (kinda of ironic that you have that name and yet you profess .... hmm, read what i wrote about Edwards in my previous post) anyways, i am a little bit having trouble understanding some of you for i see most of you here have never tried to imagine if God ever wanted to have Kerry as a president... if you have doubts about that, read the book of Hosea...
My nick is after the song, "Dreamweaver" by Gary Wright.

- idon't really think both of them are any good for this country.. for i don't think there is any sincerity in any of them...(do you know what people who think Bush is a christian think about most of us from the reflection of him, i wonder if that is a good witness) oh Kerry... Kerry is just in the world...  God save his soul... and i truly mean it...
Have you seen what the Catholic, think of Kerry? They will not serve him commiution. More Christians are afraid of Kerry then Bush. To me it would be picking the lesser evil, Bush. Bush I know where he is coming from. Kerry........ is anyones guess.

i would like to beg you guys and gals to pray hard for both of them rather than already make up your minds...  but the problem with that i tell you is that, it is going to be hard to pray for something that you don't feel a burden for....   in order to feel the burden though, YOU HAVE TO FEEL PAIN... I WONDER IF YOU HONESTLY ASKED YOURSELVES TODAY, HOW MUCH DO I FEEL PAIN IN ANY CAPABLE WAY TO CARRY NOT ONLY MY OWN BUT ALSO OTHERS' PAIN AND SUFFERING IN THIS COUNTRY TO THE GRACE THRONE OF CHRIST? OH AND CHRIST DOESNOT EVEN STOP THERE, HE ASKS US TO DO THAT FoR THE WORLD
I feel pain everyday at all times, digme. This is another reason I won't vote for Kerry. Kerry wants to elimate SSDI for those under the age of 50. I worked from the time I was 13 and paided my social security, till I was almost killed. Now I am on SSDI and HE wants to take it away??  Not from me if I can help it....
in addition to that, I am going to go on a limb here- I have a hunch- i doubt somebody born and who grew up in an impoverished 3rd world country could be such evil person as depicted in the previous post, maybe, maybe but i am highly skeptical... i even doubt, some of you even know where Mozambique is located......  just some thoughts that lingered from the discussion that i had with many of your-alikes while i was attending a christian college... I AM OUT!
Read Joel 6 in the previous post of mine!
Do you look in history digme? From Austria a 3rd world country at the time, Hitler was born. One of the biggest mass murders of the 20th century. Over 6 million, yes Million Jews were killed on his orders. Another 3rd world country Uganda, birth place of the butcher Admi, who killed unknown thousands, of his own people. The world is littered with hundreds of people like this.........
Getting back to earlier, I believe that Kerry will bring in the start of the Tribulation. Also look at Kerrys record on abortion, Kerry is for abortion. Bush is against abortion. Sorry digme I have to go with the man who will NOT kill the unborn fetus of a child, thats Bush.

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2004, 03:07:07 PM »

Ollie,
The supreme court under President Nixon seemed to have much to do in the decision to legalize abortion.
Members of the supreme court tend to spend very little time "under" the administration that actually nominated them to the court.  Am I correct in assuming the Supreme Court "under" Nixon was a group actually nominated and confirmed under Johnson, Kennedy & Eisenhower?  The reason I put the word “under” in quotes – is because of our form of government:  Legislative, Executive & Judicial.  The president is head of the Executive branch – he does not head the Judicial branch – thus, you cannot say “The supreme court UNDER” any president - the judicial branch is separate (thank God!).

The article I cut and pasted said that Blackmun and Rehnquist were Nixon appointees. Do not know off hand of who appointed the others.    Huh

"In January of 1973 the case was decided by the U.S. Supreme Court. A majority of 7 to 2 declared the Texas statute unconstitutional. Justice Harry Blackmun, an appointee of President Richard Nixon, wrote the opinion for the majority. Justice William Rehnquist, another Nixon appointee and now Chief Justice, filed a dissenting opinion. Justice White concurred with Justice Rehnquist."

Ollie

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2004, 02:42:51 PM »

I don't talk about polotics and religion!

Grin

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Reba
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2004, 03:31:46 PM »

Yeah!

Just read the scriptures God never bothered about politics either!  Grin
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2004, 05:10:51 PM »

"In January of 1973 the case was decided by the U.S. Supreme Court. A majority of 7 to 2 declared the Texas statute unconstitutional. Justice Harry Blackmun, an appointee of President Richard Nixon, wrote the opinion for the majority. Justice William Rehnquist, another Nixon appointee and now Chief Justice, filed a dissenting opinion. Justice White concurred with Justice Rehnquist."
Ollie

I guess I should check my history more carefully before making sweeping statements.  
 Grin
The first time I ever cast a vote was for...  NIXON!  Grin  Of course, Nixon’s opponent was George McGovern – who was WAAAAAY to the left in those days.  Now days, McGovern would be somewhere to the right of Dubya.   Tongue

2ndT says:
But polo is such a fine, aristocratic, sport!  Plus it’s played on a fast horse and a sincere prayer.  Smiley

Okay, okay – I know what you mean about discussing politics and religion – you never do it with your father-in-law.  Smiley

But – on the serious side – if you care about freedom of worship, babies living beyond the womb, and maintaining a lifestyle that allows to help the less fortunate – you pretty much have to be involved in politics to some extent.

Finally:  Where is Tibby on this subject???

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2004, 05:22:17 PM »

2ndT says:
on the serious side – if you care about freedom of worship, babies living beyond the womb, and maintaining a lifestyle that allows to help the less fortunate – you pretty much have to be involved in politics to some extent.

You guys do know I was joking right?...lol  

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2004, 06:00:07 PM »

Grin
Reba didn't know.
 Grin
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 06:00:42 PM by JudgeNot » Logged

JPD
Reba
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2004, 06:06:41 PM »

Grin
Reba didn't know.
 Grin

Hey X Reba is not a guy.  Tongue
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2004, 07:01:13 PM »

Hey X Reba is not a guy.

What now?Huh  I guess you are offended by the term "Girly Men", too?Huh  First you slap me because I open a door for you, then slap me because I don't.  Then men want to be women but are insulted when they're called 'girly'.
"Sheesh" (That's a Reba quote.)  Someday's I just want to give up.  Angry
Signed,
X
 Wink  Grin  Cheesy

JPD
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2004, 07:02:23 PM »

I want Hillary!!   Grin
STONE HIM!!

Grin just kidding

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the