Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:52:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  a question for all of you
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: a question for all of you  (Read 27925 times)
pak11273

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 06, 2004, 05:27:59 PM »

Some claim God draws everyone. Such a claim does not have the support of scripture.  Jesus says that all that the father gives him will come to him. He will lose none of them.  God cannot fail.

2 Corinthians 5:14-15: "For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, that they who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf."

1 Corinthians 15:22-23: "For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming."

Romans 5:18  "So, as through one offense, there resulted condemnation to all men, so also, through one righteous deed, there resulted justification of life to all men."

John 12:32: "But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."

Romans 8:32: "He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?"  

1 Timothy 2:4-6: "who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all..."

2 Pet. 3:9: "The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance."

John 1:19: "The next day he saw Jesus coming to him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world."

John 6:51: "I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he shall live forever; and the bread also which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh."

John 6:33: "For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world."

2 Cor. 5:19: "namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation."

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."

1 Thes. 5:14 "Brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with all men"

Gal. 6:1 restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness"

Brothers, these issues are purely disputable.  I am not here to debate or argue, just pointing out a clear error.  Keep the main things the main and the small things small.  These are what we can all agree on because they are sound.  
Titus 1:9."Holding fast the Faithful Word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by Sound Doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers"

I don't know whether or not people are chosen by GOD when I meet them, but I know that GOD has commanded me to do something.

"The Great Commission"

“All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth. Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world” (Mt. 28:18-20 ASV).
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the