Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:33:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  True teachings vs. false teachings
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: True teachings vs. false teachings  (Read 10329 times)
Reba
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2004, 02:01:23 PM »

We stand against teachings that contradict Christs words as well. That's why there have been councils over the years, to
refute false teachings and clear up any other misinformed ideas. We're also guided by the Holy Spirit, Jesus promised the gates of hell would not prevail against us, and we believe Him.

Rich, when you say us do you mean the RCC and then does that imply the gate of hell will prevail against everyone who is not RCC?

Us is the Church, all Christians.  Roll Eyes
 Tibby who are  'all Christians'?  

I am not sure if you are being silly.... just having some fun.... Maybe because you know what is in your head and heart you do not see how vague your reply is. Any way are your Rich?  Tongue   Hm Rich the poster not rich as in $$$$$$$ your to young to be rich in $$$$$$$ and a student  right? or are you left as in liberal?  SHEESH   posting is complacated....
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2004, 05:24:53 PM »

David Koresh said that he worshiped no one but God either. Our actions are what shows who we worship in our hearts, not our words. I know of NO born again Christian who calls the pope Holy Father. A born again Christian is born of the spirit and his new Father is God. Until you are born of the spirit, you will continue to only know your earthly fathers. The ones whose allegiance is to the pope have no reverence for their only Father in heaven. They only pay Him lip service. Otherwise, they would object to calling anyone in the world Holy Father just as Jesus objected to it. Again, you don't have to believe Jesus, Christopher. I do. You can put your faith in the pope.

Good Preaching Heidi, Amen

Brother Love Smiley

Speaking of false teachings...

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2004, 05:29:15 PM »

Ya know, the gig before was the gay bashing.  Granted, homosexuality is sin and God is agin it.  But if it isn't one thing that draws us out to stamp a big "I AM AGAINST ________"[/b], it's another.  So.  What are you people who like to point out the speck in your brothers eye while missing the Sequoia stickin' out of your head actually for?

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2004, 05:33:46 PM »

We stand against teachings that contradict Christs words as well. That's why there have been councils over the years, to
refute false teachings and clear up any other misinformed ideas. We're also guided by the Holy Spirit, Jesus promised the gates of hell would not prevail against us, and we believe Him.

Rich, when you say us do you mean the RCC and then does that imply the gate of hell will prevail against everyone who is not RCC?

Us is the Church, all Christians.  Roll Eyes
 Tibby who are  'all Christians'?  

Anyone who can say the Apostle's Creed honestly.

I am not sure if you are being silly.... just having some fun.... Maybe because you know what is in your head and heart you do not see how vague your reply is. Any way are your Rich?  Tongue   Hm Rich the poster not rich as in $$$$$$$ your to young to be rich in $$$$$$$ and a student  right? or are you left as in liberal?  SHEESH   posting is complacated....

I answer for Rich when he is away. Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Rich

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2004, 08:36:14 PM »

Thank you Tibby, that darn work gets in the way of this important stuff sometimes.
Reba
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2004, 11:17:37 PM »

1. I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:

2. And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:

3. Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary:

4. Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell:

5. The third day he rose again from the dead:

6. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:

7. From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead:

8. I believe in the Holy Ghost:

9. I believe in the holy catholic church: the communion of saints:

10. The forgiveness of sins:

1l. The resurrection of the body:

12. And the life everlasting. Amen.

This one  Rich/Tibby?

« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 11:18:41 PM by Reba » Logged
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2004, 11:20:23 PM »

Thank you Tibby, that darn work gets in the way of this important stuff sometimes.

Don't ya just hate it when that happens?  Grin

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2004, 01:38:24 AM »

Yeah, Work bites.

Well, you see Reba, in about 300 AD, Igneous of Antioch coined the Term “Catholic” With literally means “Universal.” But when you sink into the connotative means, it is so much deeper. It means connected, in one accord, united, as one. The Term “Catholic Church” was used before “Christianity” was. You see, in the beginning of the Church, it was one church. Not “Orthodox” or “Catholic” or “Baptists.” We were all the Orthodox, Catholic, and Baptized Church. If you believe that, no matter if you are Catholic, Baptist, or Episcopalian, you are still part of one church, if you believe that, then you qualify for line 9.

If that isn't good enough, then consider this, the Catecism basicly says you are still part of the Church, you just don't realize it yet. Grin So, either way you look at it, you are Catholic Grin

_Christopher_

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2004, 05:01:01 AM »

David Koresh said that he worshiped no one but God either. Our actions are what shows who we worship in our hearts, not our words. I know of NO born again Christian who calls the pope Holy Father. A born again Christian is born of the spirit and his new Father is God. Until you are born of the spirit, you will continue to only know your earthly fathers. The ones whose allegiance is to the pope have no reverence for their only Father in heaven. They only pay Him lip service. Otherwise, they would object to calling anyone in the world Holy Father just as Jesus objected to it. Again, you don't have to believe Jesus, Christopher. I do. You can put your faith in the pope.

Interesting!  So the apostles were not "born again" christians either, since they called themselves "fathers" of their disciples!

Wow, the Gospel according to Heidi!  What was it that St Paul said about those that preach a different Gospel again?  Something about a curse?
_Christopher_

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2004, 05:03:16 AM »

Thanks, Brother love. It's sure easy to spot the born again Christians from the "professed" Christians on this board. The professed Christians are loyal to the pope. The born again Christians are loyal to God. It's too bad one has to make a choice. But when someone takes the name that Jesus said is reserved for only ONE, then one does indeed have to make a choice.

Its too bad you propose a false dichotomy.  Its too bad people don't listen to the Bible about obeying their appointed leaders in authority.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2004, 05:28:04 AM »

Apostles'  (I presume the apostrophy comes there) or the Nicene?   I believe our Orthodox friends don't use the Apostles' (although I don't know if they actually disagree with anything in it).  The only creed the whole church rubber stamped is the Nicene.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2004, 08:42:16 AM »

Christopher, the disciples or apostles never asked US to call them "father."  When they used the word, 'father' they were referring to the word, 'founder' as in the founder of modern psychology, or the first one to spread the gospel as Paul did. The only founder of the church was Peter! Not the subsequent popes. So why do you think the later popes wanted to be called the Holy Father? They were not the founders of the church, Peter was! So what is their reason for this? Why are they our Holy Fathers? They are not the fathers of the church, so what kind of fathers are they? Why in the world do you think Jesus said that? For His health? Or don't you have a clue?
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2004, 09:49:44 AM »

Apostles'  (I presume the apostrophy comes there) or the Nicene?   I believe our Orthodox friends don't use the Apostles' (although I don't know if they actually disagree with anything in it).  The only creed the whole church rubber stamped is the Nicene.

I kind of hesitated to say they  Nicene because I’ve had some trouble with that one before. People just don’t seem to know it as well. Plus, the name. People hear “Apostle” they think biblical, but they hear “Nicene” they thing “extra-biblical” or even “Pagan.” Because of the fact that my church is on the Journey, as you know, I have gotten use to the Apostle’s creed, for protestant sake. Granted, the Nicene Creed would be better for a guild line of what is Christian (that is why it was made, after all) but it is just easier for people to swallow. We arn't debating with an Heretical Sects, so I don't think the extra lines will matter for now.

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2004, 09:54:53 AM »

Oh people know the Nicene creed well. They recite with their eyes and hearts closed. If you speak from your heart, Tibby, instead of by rote, then I will believe you. So far your heart is loyal to the pope instead of to Christ's words. Once Christ is in your heart, you will understand why Jesus said not to call anyone on earth 'father'.
Rich

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2004, 11:25:38 AM »

Whew, Heidi, are you God? Because you sure seem to know whats in everybodys hearts and minds.
   So when i call my father, father, i'm really referring to the word founder, as in he is the founder of modern me? Wow i've sure been off on that one for awhile now.
       That dictionary might clear up some of your confusion if you would just open it up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the