Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:45:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Traditions of Man, the Demise of the Church
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Traditions of Man, the Demise of the Church  (Read 18619 times)
Strong Defender

Seeker of the truth

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2004, 01:42:53 PM »

Mark 7:13 Making the word of Yahweh of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

The 'church' has accepted the rituals and celebrations of the pagan traditions. Christmas, Easter, Valentine's Day, etc., not to mention having 'dress-up harvest parties' on 10/31, as if there's a difference.

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before Yahoshua and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Our gatherings are spotted of the world. Lights, camera, action......pack on the make-up, sell some tape series and videos, things Yahweh gave for free. The lights, the messages, the song services all a fine-tuned orchestration, or production. Still Yahweh is merciful and touches His people. I love Him so much because He brought me out of Babylon, the great whore.

Matthew
7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.you

Ask Him to show you the truth. He will. And if you listen and obey, He'll show you even more.

Seeking the Truth,

Strong Defender

« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 01:46:45 PM by Strong Defender » Logged
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 01:02:25 AM »

I was watching a MASS one day being televized, and to tell the truth, those poor people walking back to their seats looked like "dead men walking." The whole ceremony was absolutely morbid and ritualiatic with no joy expressed whatsoever. I suppose they were attempting to appear pious, but the JOY of the Lord was absolutely absent.

I think the Lord is honored when we celebrate His majesty, love, New Covenant benefits, and blessings that were bought with His body and blood with praise and worship.

aw
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 01:17:24 AM »

I was watching a MASS one day being televized, and to tell the truth, those poor people walking back to their seats looked like "dead men walking." The whole ceremony was absolutely morbid and ritualiatic with no joy expressed whatsoever. I suppose they were attempting to appear pious, but the JOY of the Lord was absolutely absent.

I think the Lord is honored when we celebrate His majesty, love, New Covenant benefits, and blessings that were bought with His body and blood with praise and worship.

aw

I'm not catholic or lutheran but I can tell you that those people were solemn and respectful, not morbid, because they believe in the presence of Christ in the Eucharist.  They WERE remembering the New Covenant benefits and the blessings that were bought with His body and blood.  I've watched the Mass on TV, also.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 01:34:04 AM »

aw
The few catholic masses I've been to have been full of joy.   Likewise the vast majority of Anglican Eucharists.

Whether they would all look joyful on a TV screen to someone with only a vague idea of what's going on, I couldn't say, but then liturgy isn't meant to be a spectator sport.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 10:46:46 AM »

but then liturgy isn't meant to be a spectator sport.

Good one ebia.  The same can be said for the "casual" Christian.  I've noticed some who physically attend Church treat it as a "spectator sport" and, as a result, never seem to be fullfilled - you can spot them in the congregations.  They are the ones with the big 'though cloud' hanging over their heads and Jesus is not visible in the cloud.  

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 10:52:46 AM »

Ah yes, the catholic heresy of TRANSUBSTANTIATION. It is just one of several abomnations set forth by the RCC.

The RCC's ideas of communion result in the very thing that scripture teaches against- NOT discerning the Lord's body which can result in DAMNATION. The very idea that one has to be a member of that organization and participate in another heresy (baptismal regeneartion) results in all others NOT being members of the BODY of Christ. I would gladly receive communion with any cathoic who declares that they are a blood- bought born again child of the King. Belonging to the organization however is absolutely worthless in and of itself. It is NOT the Lord's body! The Lord Himself teaches to do this in "Rememberance of Me until I come." He did not say to s do this to receive eternal life. To add communion to the list of requirements for salvation is just one more reason the anathema of God is on that message. I guess the fact that Mary is prayed to 7-10 more than jesus should answer many of the questions concerning the piety.

I think the latest evidence of the magnitude pf pedopelia and the continued efforts to not make all names public are just further examples of the arrogance of the RCC and proofs that it is not the BODY of CHRIST.

aw
Strong Defender

Seeker of the truth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004, 01:17:23 PM »

This post wasn't aimed at the Catholic church.

It pertains to the modern 'Prodestant' church.

To be the whore, you must have had something to 'sell'.

Catholisism never has. They have never truly know the Master. It was founded on the control of people.

Prodestants have sold out, celebrating pagan rituals ordained by the Catholic church, yet claiming to be different.
They sell what was never theirs, the gospel. Freely you receive, freely you give.....not anymore. Now it's all about timing the message given, making it long enough to produce four tapes for another item on the table for sale at the back of the 'church'.

Riches are preached now, not righteousness equating prosperity with financial gain. Is that the inheritance spoken of in the word? Better think about it a little more.

Pray for the truth, He will show all who truly want to know the truth.

Strong Defender

aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2004, 01:56:14 PM »

This post wasn't aimed at the Catholic church.

It pertains to the modern 'Prodestant' church.

To be the whore, you must have had something to 'sell'.

aw: That's a LOL as the the RCC has always been thought to be the "WHORE of BABYLON." Almost all of the rituals of the RCC are pagain in origin and have no basis in scripture whatsoever, much less any apostolic authority.

The beliefs of the RCC can be traced back to ancient Babylon with such heresies as the veneration of Mary, sign of the cross, celibacy, the ROSARY, orders of Monks and nuns, papal infallibility, etc.

Go to Rev 17:4 and read the description of the woman. Now compare that with the papacy. The similarities are striking; eg., scarlet and purple are the papal colors. A man dressed in a skirt adorned in a way befitting a king with precious stones while people starve right next door.

All one has to do is read of the persecutions of the early Christians such as the INQUISITION in papal lands to see how the RCC has been "Drunk" with the blood of the saints.

Does Rev 17:16 desribe the fate of the RCC?

aw

Catholisism never has. They have never truly know the Master. It was founded on the control of people.

Prodestants have sold out, celebrating pagan rituals ordained by the Catholic church, yet claiming to be different.
They sell what was never theirs, the gospel. Freely you receive, freely you give.....not anymore. Now it's all about timing the message given, making it long enough to produce four tapes for another item on the table for sale at the back of the 'church'.

Riches are preached now, not righteousness equating prosperity with financial gain. Is that the inheritance spoken of in the word? Better think about it a little more.

Pray for the truth, He will show all who truly want to know the truth.

Strong Defender

Come passion

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2004, 10:41:20 AM »

Many today have accepted the traditions from Babylon other than catholics.  
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2004, 10:58:27 AM »

Strong Defender says:
Riches are preached now, not righteousness

That is a false judgment.  I am protestant (not a prodestant - what ever that is). The statement doesn't come close to describing the church I attend.  Not even close.  No where near the truth.  In fact - of all the protestant churches I've ever attended - the statement is representative of none.  Please, don't confuse televangelism (which I do not watch) with actual God-fearing, Jesus-loving community churches.  To do so shows narrow minded ignorance of reality.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2004, 11:25:59 AM »

A basic problem is that the RCC thinks it IS THE CHURCH! It is NOT!!! and neither are Protestants. The CHURCH is the "Body of Christ" and consists of all of the blood-bought saints from the past and now. In short, it is all who have trusted Christ alone for the forgiveness of sins and the gift of eternal life. IT makes no difference whatsoever whether they are catholic, protestant, non-denominational, black, white, female, male, bond, free, etc.

The church of the Lord Jesus Christ "ARE PEOPLE!!!"

aw
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2004, 11:36:53 AM »

AMEN aw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JPD
Come passion

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2004, 02:00:35 PM »

What are pagan rituals and are they observed still in some churches across America regardless of the denomination?  And do the churches some attend sell things that were freely given to them by Yeshua?

this speaks of Yeshua.
Isaiah 45:13  I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the Lord of hosts.

Many churches in this country and elsewhere have become more of a market place than ever before.  Then one might say - they have to cover their costs for their products (some mark a product up beyond that).  The catholics sold indulgences - (for the forgiveness of sins - this isn't scriptural).  Some groups even make images of Yeshua's cross and sell it for profit - should the cross be sold?  Capitalizing off of what Yeshua gave freely and what HE has done for their own financial gain.    
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2004, 12:06:33 AM »

Reminds me of what He did when the MONEYCHANGERS were in the Temple. I really get upset when I sense a false prophet is trying to "FLEECE the Lord's flock!!!!"

aw
Come passion

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2004, 09:12:31 AM »

Reminds me of what He did when the MONEYCHANGERS were in the Temple. I really get upset when I sense a false prophet is trying to "FLEECE the Lord's flock!!!!"

aw

MONEYCHANGERS were in the Temple.  exactly! that says the way it has become. The christian bookstores really reflect this as well - all kinds of people writing books for a buck.  They are selling what HE taught them and what HE gave them from HIMSELF, by the Holy Spirit.  it reminds me of the harlot spoken of in Ezekiel 16: - she took the goods HE gave her and sold them/herself to her lovers.  Or of the harlot in Proverbs 7: that snared people (young men) with lusts and desires while her husband the "goodman" was on a journey.   This upsets me as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the