Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:06:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Son
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Son  (Read 40525 times)
sctami

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2009, 05:44:55 AM »

It looks like we will be closing on the house January 20th.  Mitchell has told Brittney (my niece) that this is really making a difference in his life.  He wanted a Quest Bible for Christmas (which I got him).  He told Britt that he loves his bible, he still loves his school and it feels like his life is finally getting on track.  As I am sure is normal, he still has his days, but he seems to be having a lot more better days than bad.  He is getting to where he sits in the room and eats with us, talks with us and watches tv with us.  It feels good!!!!  Please keep the prayers going.

I hope everything is going great with each of you!!!! Smiley
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2009, 10:15:51 AM »

Our God is an awesome God!  Glad to hear things are getting better for you and your family!  Please continue to keep us posted.  That is a wonderful praise report!

In Christ,
Grammyluv

Let us fight the good fight!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2009, 02:51:50 AM »

That is Good News sister, yes I will keep y'all in y prayers.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2009, 08:37:39 AM »

It looks like we will be closing on the house January 20th.  Mitchell has told Brittney (my niece) that this is really making a difference in his life.  He wanted a Quest Bible for Christmas (which I got him).  He told Britt that he loves his bible, he still loves his school and it feels like his life is finally getting on track.  As I am sure is normal, he still has his days, but he seems to be having a lot more better days than bad.  He is getting to where he sits in the room and eats with us, talks with us and watches tv with us.  It feels good!!!!  Please keep the prayers going.

I hope everything is going great with each of you!!!! :)

AMEN!

Thanks for keeping us informed Sister Tami. It's nice to hear some good news from time to time. In fact, it's nice to shut the noise of this world out and quietly think about nothing but Good when we can. I like to do this with Bible Study every day, and it's amazing how much good this could do for all Christians. It's nice to think of this as a time of fellowship with GOD. By the way, this is something good for the whole family to do together.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 3:16-20 NASB  "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. "This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.  "For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2009, 04:18:34 PM »

Please pray for me this week.  I am feeling a little down.  Mitchell is doing good, he really is.  He has made a couple of comments, not near as bad as he used to, but they kind of hurt my feelings.  I believe he is trying to put on for one of his friends from his old school, Brody.  He and Brody have been friends since third grade.  Brody is the cousin of Josh (the one who helped convince Mitch he was gay).  Brody is not that way, and I am glad he is still friends with Mitchell after everything that has happened.  But, Mitchell is trying to be one way with him and another with everyone else.  Right now, moving really does seem to be the best thing.  Maybe being in the town where all his new friends are will help loosen the bond between he and Brody.  If it is meant for them to still be friends, I pray that attitudes change, in both of them. 

Brody doesn't have the best home life, and his dad will not allow Mitchell over there because of things that Josh's family has told him about Mitchell.  So, I think Mitchell has to put on a front and talk about how bad his life is (which he tells everyone else he is happy). 

Please pray for me this week!!  Things were going so good, the devil has to try to stir it up!!! 
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2009, 06:04:22 PM »

My prayers will be with you all in this.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2009, 01:46:33 AM »

My prayers are with you, as well sister.

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2009, 07:08:52 AM »

I believe I have figured out part of what is bother Mitchell.  He sees all of his friends with their girlfriend or boyfriend, and he told one of his friends that he wishes he had a girlfriend.  His self-confidence is better than what it used to be but he is still scared to ask a girl out.  There is one little girl that he likes, but he is scared to ask her.  Please pray that his confidence will boost a little more and that a girl that God approves of will come along and light up his eyes!!  I think that is part of the problem, he has friends, but in a way, he is lonely. 
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: January 14, 2009, 12:12:44 AM »

Sister, I thought of that a while ago and have prayed on this...... Back when you said he had met a gal at his new school. I will keep praying for Mitchell, in fact I'm happy to pray for Mitchell. Cheesy

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2009, 01:03:26 PM »

Thanks for prayers guys!  Right now I need a lot!!!!!  Please be praying for Mitch.  He is having a very confusing week.  I don't know if it is from talking with old friends or what.  Please pray for him.  He is thinking about things that happened in July that seem to be effecting him now.  I am not sure what it is, but please be praying that the devil doesn't creep back in the way he was before. 

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2009, 08:10:53 PM »

Sister, of course Mitchell will stay in my prayers. Sister I am keeping you in prayers, as well.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2009, 11:25:09 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I'm more convinced by the day that this is a time when all Christians should be praying for each other every day. YES, you and your family will be in my prayers every day.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Matthew 18:20  For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2009, 10:53:02 AM »

I know my last posting was short, but I was using Mitchell's computer and I didn't want him to see me. 

He has some of his old friends from his old school contacting him.  I can tell a difference in Mitchell when he is talking with these friends and when he is not.  He is a totally different person.  He is a lot better person away from these people.  I need God's guidance in this situation.  I don't want these bad influences back in his life.  I am praying for Godly friends to stay in his life.  This move cannot come soon enough!!!  Please let your prayers continue!!!!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2009, 04:08:08 PM »

Sister, rest assured that you and your son are in my prayers daily. You both are on my prayer list.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
sctami

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2009, 09:48:21 PM »

Hi everyone!!!  Sorry it took so long for an update, but we have been busy moving, and we just got the internet hooked up late yesterday.  My son seems to be happy in the new house.  He went to the therapist Monday, and he goes back on February 23rd.  From what I can understand, that will be his last session, so the therapist must thing he is doing great.  He is still a little quiet, but he has eaten supper in the same room as the rest of the family the last couple of nights. 

Please keep us in your prayers that things will keep heading in the right direction.  We are having a one night youth revival tomorrow (friday) night.  Please pray that Mitchell will be blessed.  He is helping with the music part; my nephew and niece have been teaching him some songs on his base guitar.   Thanks for the prayers, they are working!!! 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the