Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:28:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Son
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Son  (Read 40520 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2009, 11:13:08 PM »

Hello Sister Tami,

You and your family are still in my prayers. We are living in difficult times and all Christians need to be praying for each other. I just hope that the time will come soon when CHRIST will come to take His Children HOME.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 18:28 NASB  28  For You light my lamp; The LORD my God illumines my darkness.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2009, 04:25:17 PM »

Sister, yes I will be praying for you, and Mitchell in all your requests. I will keep praying for y'all in my prayers, as I have been.

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 06, 2009, 11:26:04 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers.  When you pray, please pray for my husband.  He used to be such a devoted christian but has strayed away, further than I would like him to be.  Please pray that God will touch his heart and bring him back where he needs to be.  He has grown so cold against church.  I really need your prayers when it comes to this.  It makes Mitchell mad at his dad and it hurts me.  Please pray that my husband's attitude will change and peace will come between my entire family.  I know this plays a big part in the problems that Mitchell is having, and it is putting a strain on our marriage and family life.  Please pray for God to turn this situation around.  It has taken me a long time to accept that my husband is not the man he used to be.  And now that I have, I need prayer warriors to join me in praying for him to make his way back. 
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 07, 2009, 05:11:58 AM »

Hello Sister Tami,

Your husband will be in my prayers.

I was just thinking something that I would like to share. As Christians, we all have needs, spoken or not. We should all keep each other in our prayers every day.

As an example, many Christians of today are feeling discouraged and beaten because of the things that are happening around us. By all appearances, many see the devil increasing and GOD decreasing. As the Tribulation Period grows closer, things will become more and more evil. These things do not mean that GOD is beaten. GOD will simply be giving evil men what they want for a season, and it will be the last season for those evil men before the Second Coming of Christ.

As Christians, ALL of GOD'S PROMISES to us are YEAH and AMEN! We are to pray, ask for strength, ask for HIS WILL, and yield to HIS WILL! However, we are just human beings, and we sometimes get discouraged, especially if we have neglected our relationship with GOD. We must feed our spirit with GOD'S WORD and make GOD the head of all things in our lives. We can have varying levels of HIS strength when we PRAY and ASK for it. TRUST ME - ALL CHRISTIANS NEED THE STRENGTH OF GOD EVERY DAY! LET ME BACK UP AND CORRECT MY HUGE ERROR - DON'T TRUST ME - TRUST GOD!

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Samuel 22:1-3 ASV  1  And David spake unto Jehovah the words of this song in the day that Jehovah delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul: 2 and he said, Jehovah is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer, even mine; 3 God, my rock, in him will I take refuge; My shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge; My saviour, thou savest me from violence.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2009, 12:31:23 AM »

Yes I will add your husband to my prayers.

What brother Tom posted, is so true.

Quote from: Blackeyedpeas
As an example, many Christians of today are feeling discouraged and beaten because of the things that are happening around us. By all appearances, many see the devil increasing and GOD decreasing. As the Tribulation Period grows closer, things will become more and more evil. These things do not mean that GOD is beaten. GOD will simply be giving evil men what they want for a season, and it will be the last season for those evil men before the Second Coming of Christ.

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 07, 2009, 09:54:36 PM »

Hello everyone!  It has been a while since I have been on.  I hope everyone is doing great!!!

Mitchell seems to be doing good; he took himself out of therapy.  He told his therapist that he didn't have anything else he needed to work through but he seems content.  He just needs help with his self esteem.  It is still low but I am still praying.

I found out last week that my sister will not be needing to move into my old house that my husband and I own; so we are putting it up for sale.  Please pray that we will be able to sell it.  This would help out greatly financially as Mitchell's school and the new house have us financially strained.  However, it is worth it to see him happier.

My husband is still having issues with the "Jesus thing" as he puts it.  Please keep him in your prayers. 
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2009, 04:39:36 AM »

Sister, yes I will keep praying for y'all, and the house. I'll also be praying more for your husband, as I feel we only have a short time left. This is only my opinion though sister.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 08, 2009, 07:42:29 PM »

Hello Sister Tami,

You and your family will remain in my prayers, and please remember to keep us in your prayers.

Love In Christ,
Tom

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 07, 2009, 08:03:13 AM »

Hello everyone!  It has been a while since I have been able to get on, but I have been thinking about and praying for all of you! 

Hopefully, the house we are trying to sell will close on July 30th.  Then I will be back down to just one house, which will be a blessing!   Mitchell seems to be doing good.  He seems a lot happier than he was this time last year, and him and his dad seem to be getting a long a little better. 

Please continue to pray for my husband that he will become the christian that he used to be, and continue to pray for Mitchell that he will stay strong and that his self esteem will continue to rise until he becomes the man that God wants him to be. 

Thank all of you for the prayers that you have been praying for me and my family.  They are working, so please keep them coming.  God bless each of you and you will always be in my prayers!!!!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 07, 2009, 10:23:51 AM »

Hello Sister Tami,

Thank you sincerely for your prayers and know that you and your family will remain in our prayers. I'm very happy to hear about progress and God blessing your family.

Prayer is a wonderful thing that God has given us to love each other like God wants us to. HE also loves to hear our prayers because it's part of our fellowship with each other. As Christians, we are already one in Christ. The reality of this is beautiful, and God answers our prayers according to HIS Perfect Will and Purpose for each one of us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Mark 13:30-35 ASV  30  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, until all these things be accomplished. 31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 32 But of that day or that hour knoweth no one, not even the angels in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. 33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. 34 It is as when a man, sojourning in another country, having left his house, and given authority to his servants, to each one his work, commanded also the porter to watch. 35 Watch therefore: for ye know not when the lord of the house cometh, whether at even, or at midnight, or at cockcrowing, or in the morning;

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2009, 09:56:03 AM »

Hey everybody!!!  If all goes well, we close on the house we are selling on Thursday, July 30th.  Then I will be back down to only one house to take care of.  Mitchell still seems to be doing good and is ready to start back to school at his private christian school again this year.  He said that he really loves it there.

I don't know whether you remember me saying anything to you about my brother's daughter who claims to be a lesbian and is in it really deep, but God is starting to move on her.  She is starting to want to spend time with family and, I believe, there may be a guy she is interested in.  She does not have all the pictures of girls being sexual on her myspace page any more.  She still has orientation as lesbian but she is starting to come to church some now.  Please keep her in your prayers and my brother.   God is moving in my family in a great way, and I praise him everyday for that.

I hope all of you are doing good.  I consider you all my prayer warriors and friends, even though we have never met.  May God bless each of you!!!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2009, 01:37:38 PM »

That is great news sister, and yes I will keep you and your family my prayers. I am also happy God is starting to get through to your niece. I will also keep her in my prayers.

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 26, 2009, 04:57:24 PM »

Please be praying for Mitchell.  He came home today and said that he wants to graduate this year instead of next year.  I do not understand what happened and why he has made this decision.  Please pray that it is part of God's plan for him, if he does decide to do this.  We are supposed to have a family meeting when I get home from work today (which will be in like 30 minutes).  Please pray that God will move him in the right direction
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 26, 2009, 05:53:18 PM »

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Love In Christ,
Tom

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2009, 10:49:33 AM »

Good morning!  Just wanted to give an update about my son.  Everything seemsto be going good.  He has decided to stay in 11th grade this year and graduate next year.  The principal has agreed to schedule his classes before lunch next year so he can leave early and go take classes at Tech in the afternoon.  That way he will be able to qualify for all of his scholarships.  If he graduates this year, he will be knocked out of some of them.

They have had this thing at school this week called War of Special Forces.  It is a teenage program that comes to the school every four years.  And I am thankful that it came while Mitchell was there.  He has really enjoyed it.  They meet at the church of the school every evening at about 6:00 and stay until about 9:00 doing different activities devotions and counseling.

When I got home Thursday, he said that he wanted to talk with me and his dad and show us something.  He said that he had been going to counseling and his counselor had really been helping him.  He showed us where he had put a tracking/blocking program on the computer and let me set the password so he wouldn't know what it was.  He said that two of his friends in 7th grade had gotten him into things on the computer he shouldn't have been.  And he was wanting to put a little trust back into our relationship with each other.  He said that he wanted to be able to start trusting us again and us start trusting him again.  He said it was something he was working through with counseling, his family and God.  I WAS SO TOUCHED!!!! 

Please pray that he continues to grow in his spirituality.  I feel like this is a really good step in the right direction and I am finally getting my son back.  Please keep my family in your prayers.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the