Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:28:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Son
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Son  (Read 40511 times)
sentry

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2008, 10:28:52 PM »

Quote from blackeyedpeas:
An excellent description of us would be as Christian Soldiers for the REAL and ONE COMMANDER AND CHIEF AND KING OF KINGS - ALMIGHTY GOD HIMSELF!      Amen Brother

Every journey begins with one step, when the destination is reached the journey ends, with the next step another journey begins.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2008, 09:26:29 PM »

Hi sctami, do you have any up-dates for us sister?

I am still praying for you and your son sister.

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2008, 06:45:32 AM »

Thank you so much for asking about my son - makes me feel great knowing you guys are all praying!!!

He seems to be a little happier, and I really believe there may be a girl he likes, but he will not tell me.  My nience, who is our youth minister, is going to pick him up from school on Thursday and see if he will talk some with her.  If she lets me know anything, I will definitely share with my prayer warriors!!

He is going to our church youth retreat next weekend (Nov. 21-23, I believe).  He is excited about going.  Please be praying that he will receive an awesome, awesome blessing while he is there - that God will pour his spirit all over him.

Please continue to pray that christian friends will come into his life that are great role models and will lead him down the right path!! THANKS GUYS!!!! Smiley
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2008, 07:00:14 AM »

Hello Sister Tami,

Thanks for the good news! We will definitely keep you and your family in our prayers. It's nice to hear good news every now and then these days, and it's nearly always associated with GOD.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 10:8-10  All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.  9  I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.  10  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2008, 07:06:11 AM »

Hey everybody!!!  Just wanted to send you a guys an update!

Mitchell seems to be doing better.  In his surveys on his myspace, when it asks "do you love someone" or "does someone love you", he has been putting "I love my parents", "my parents love me".  That is good for Mitchell.  He used to would not put that he would just put "LOL - No!".  And the other day, he told me I was a good mom.  It made me feel so good to hear him say that.   

Please pray for Mitch's leg.  He hurt it at fall fest at his school when he slid into the dunking booth.  He was trying to make one of his friends fall in, and slid on the wet grass and scraped his leg.  It is starting to get infected, and I had to take him to the doctor to get an antibiotic.  Please pray that it will heal quickly so he can enjoy his weekend at youth retreat (it is this fri, sat and sun coming up).   He is so excited!  Please pray that God will bless him and that he will keep moving in the right direction! 
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2008, 07:21:28 AM »

thank you for the update sister. Will be praying

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2008, 08:11:54 AM »

Amen. It does sound as though things are continuing in the right direction. Yes, I will be glad to add his leg into the prayers for you all.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2008, 09:48:07 AM »

Hello Sister Tami,

Thanks for sharing the good news with us. I will be praying about the leg. Things are sounding good.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 4:4-6  But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,  5  To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.  6  And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2008, 12:05:19 AM »

Sister it does sound like Mitchell is moving in the right direction. I will also pray for Mitchell leg, as well.

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2008, 08:34:20 PM »

Today has been a very good day for me!  My niece (our youth minister at church) let me know that Mitchell told her that he does not believe that he is gay anymore and that he does not feel that he is struggling with those feelings any longer.  He said that he is still depressed over different things.  But from what I understand, a lot of teens struggling with some sort of depression during the teen years.  I believe going to counseling will continue to help him with the depression.  I was just so HAPPY to hear that he no longer feels "gay".  I do so pray that this is true and not some sort of cover.  I have to trust in God and walk by faith - but I do so praise him for a little sight.   His loeg is also doing much better.

Please keep Mitch in your prayers for the homosexual feelings to stay gone and for him to not be so depressed.  I do not think his depression is as deep as it was during the summer, but please continue to pray that God will take the depression away! 

I just had to let you guys know that things are looking up!  Thank you so much for your continued prayers!!!!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2008, 09:08:56 PM »

Thank you for the update. Yes, Praise God. It does sound like things are coming along fine. Yes, many people do go through mood swings during their teens. It is anormal part of life. With God's help he will make it through just fine.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2008, 11:10:42 PM »

I echo Pastor Rogers comments, and add............. Thank you Lord, for helping Mitchell, and I ask you to keep your Guiding Hands upon on Mitchell.

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2008, 09:58:37 PM »

Things still seem to be going good with my son.  Some of his old friends from his old school are starting to try to contact him again.  Please help me pray that they will not come in and undo what God has done!  He is doing so good!  Please pray that these old friends will not come in and influence him to go back to his old way of thinking.  Please pray that he will not become as depressed as what he was and start doing all the things that he used to do.  God has worked such a miracle in his life and I know it is the devil trying to bring him back down. Please pray that he will stay strong and on the path that he is now walking.  I am claiming victory in the name of Jesus! 
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2008, 10:45:30 PM »

Hello Sister Tami,

YES, I will keep praying for your son.

Sister, I was just thinking that many or most of us have had people praying for us most of our lives, with or without a known need. Prayer is a beautiful gift that we can give to each other, and GOD loves to hear our prayers. Using myself as an example, I know that I've had Godly parents, family members and friends praying for me since I was born, and the prayers continue. There were countless times of extreme danger, and I really needed those prayers. Those praying didn't know the specifics, but GOD did. We all also have a lifetime fight against the old man of sin, even though our MASTER IS NOW JESUS CHRIST. All Christians know about this fight, and we can ask GOD to help us. We should all also know that we can do very little alone because we're weak, BUT we're never alone once we belong to JESUS CHRIST, our LORD and SAVIOUR forever! We can do all things ONLY in CHRIST because of HIS Strength - not our own. GOD gets all of the GLORY!

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Peter 4:10-13 ESV  As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace:  11  whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies--in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.  12  Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.  13  But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2008, 10:45:34 PM »

Sister, yes I will continue to pray for your son, that these kids can't contact him. Also that God continues His work with Mitchell.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the