Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:34:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Son
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Son  (Read 40528 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2008, 02:21:21 PM »

Good news and thanks for the update!  I will continue to pray as I do already!
In Christ,
Grammyluv

Let us fight the good fight!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2008, 09:34:38 PM »

Hey everyone!  Sorry it has been a while since I have been on but things have been really busy at work and my computer at home is not working properly.  I talked with my son's therapist last week, and she said he seems to have really made good progress.  She said that since he has been coming to talk with her and changed schools that he seems happier and is starting to like himself more.  Please continue to pray for him.  He seems to be heading in the right direction, and I give God all the praise and glory.  He is an awesome God!!!

Hope all is well with each of you!!!!

AMEN sister!! 

I will continue to pray for the both of you.

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2008, 10:16:59 PM »

Thanks everyone!  I need those prayers!  why is it that when you are finally feeling hopeful, like everything is falling into place, the devil throughs something in there to bring you down and destory your joy?  It's been one of those days!!!  Like the song says, "God, will you just holdl me while I cry?"  I am not going to let the devil claim my victory for my son!  I know it is going to be along process for my son, he is still young and unsure of his sexual feelings, but I gave him to God when he was born, and he still belongs to him.  The devil keeps trying to bring me down, and I have got to learn to lean on God more.  I know I am in a fight, but I know that God has already won the battle.  Please pray for me to keep the faith and to stay strong.  Every time I give God praise, the devil tries to bring me down.  Pray that my faith will be unwaivering, for both me and my son!  You guys just do not know how great it feels to know that there are people out there who I can talk to who care and who are willing to help me pray.  You all are heaven sent and I thank God for each of you!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2008, 10:53:01 PM »

Sister, prayer is a privilege and powerful work that can be rightly done only by the Christian.  God is not moved by the prayers of unbelievers for they are not in Christ, not covered by His blood, and are still in their sins.  But, those who are in Christ, can move mountains, because they have the ear of God Himself.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

2 Corinthians 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

We have victory in Jesus. As I said at the beginning of this post, prayer is a privilege and powerful work that can be rightly done only by the Christian.  Prayer is our greatest weapon in this world and we must not forget it.  We must use it, and become familiar with prayer because it makes a difference and this world and in your hearts

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2008, 09:05:28 PM »

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Right now I am fighting rulers of the darkness of the world and spiritual wickedness!!!  There is someone, I am not sure who, is trying to fix my son up with another guy!  Please help me pray, PLEASE!!  I know God can handle this and it makes me angry at the devil for doing this!  I am at complete war here with the devil and all his evil!  He is trying to destroy my son who is doing so good at trying to be good.  He is putting little thoughts in his head that I am finding on different notes he has written and thrown away, but I always find on accidnet.  Maybe it is God letting me find these to let me know that I need to pray more or pray harder.  Please help me pray - it seems like when I start climbing the mountain from the valley the devil tries to push me back down.  Please help me pray that all this wickedness will be driven out of my son's life.  IT HAS BEEN ONE BAD DAY!!!!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2008, 09:28:40 PM »

Perhaps your son wants you to find the notes?

My prayers will be with you and your son in this.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
sctami

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2008, 09:35:17 PM »

That is a big possibility.  I am fasting breakfast every morning, praying until midnight, when I must get sleep to work the next day, and then I pray all day at work.  Thanks for your prayers!  I need all the help I can get.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2008, 11:00:06 PM »

I echo Pastor Roger sediments, I will continue to pray for you and your son.

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2008, 03:34:12 PM »

My son has been very quiet the last couple of days, and it has me worried.  I found a note which he wrote a friend about how he was disappointed in himself for letting himself believe something that was not the way it was.  He said he could not believe he had set himself up for that much hurt.  I am pretty sure he is talking about liking AJ and thinking AJ liked him.  The last time this happened with a girl was when he lost confidence in himself and looked for answers in the wrong direction (homosexuality).  Please pray that he will see if that is what happened or whatever it was that did happen, God let it happen for his good.  AJ, I am pretty sure, was the one who was trying to fix him up with a guy.  From what I have found out, AJ told Mitch she was bi-sexual (or used to be).  Mitch just seems very unhappy the last couple of days, and I do not want all that has gone so right in his life this last month to be torn down.  Please pray that he will see that God is working in his favor and that everything that happens is what God wants at the time and will always work out for our good in the end.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2008, 04:28:16 PM »

Thank you for this update. My prayers are with you and your son daily and this gives me more of an Idea on how to be more specific in those prayers.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
sctami

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2008, 10:17:14 PM »

Hey everyone!  Just checking in with you guys.  Hope all of you are doing good.  My week has been so-so.  I've been down a good bit this week - just been feeling a heavy burden which has had me praying a lot.  But I know that on the other side of this trial, is a land of blessings.  I guess going through the valley is what makes me a stronger christian.  My son still isn't quite acting himself - still quiet and seems some of his joy has faded.  I know this is satan trying to creep back in, but I keep rebuking him in the name of Jesus, and I know that my son is going to be OK!  I keep telling myself to just hold on, God will move in his own time, which is always best.  It's a struggle, but I am keeping the faith!  Must admit, the last couple of days, I have cried a lot of tears  Cry, but God sees those tears and he will wipe them away.  He will help me reach my mountain top, and I will smile again!  Thanks for all your prayers, for without them, I don't know if I could be as strong as I am.  The devil fights hard, but I know with all the christian friends I have praying, he will never win!  Love you guys!!!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2008, 11:11:01 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having some rough times but it is still good that you have such a great attitude in regards to it. A positive attitude through faith in God helps so very much.

My prayers continue daily for you both.

sentry

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2008, 02:23:36 PM »

You and your son are both in my prayers. Always remember God is closer to us when we feel He is the farest from us.Through reading the scripture and devoting our hearts in prayer Satan can never win. Love in Christ

Every journey begins with one step, when the destination is reached the journey ends, with the next step another journey begins.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2008, 09:44:09 PM »

My prayers, will continue for you and your son.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2008, 11:21:02 AM »

Hello Sister Tami,

I've been without a computer, so I haven't been able to reply. You and your family are still in my prayers. As Christians, we have GOD with us and in us. HE will help us and walk with us. Regardless, we should all know that we have a lifelong struggle against our old man of sin and the devil. GOD didn't promise Christians an easy time in this short life. An excellent description of us would be as Christian Soldiers for the REAL and ONE COMMANDER AND CHIEF AND KING OF KINGS - ALMIGHTY GOD HIMSELF!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 6:11-20  Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.  14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;  15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;  16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.  17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:  18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;  19  And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,  20  For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the