Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2024, 07:23:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286956 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 170580 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: November 14, 2008, 06:20:53 PM »

"It's not terrorism because it doesn't target people, to kill or injure," Ayers said.

Sounds like the twisted logic of most evil people. I wonder if someone were to bomb his home the way they did that police officers home if he would feel the same way about it? Most likely not.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 14, 2008, 08:43:16 PM »

New Bin Laden Video Coming - Addresses Obama

Osama Bin Laden is set to release a video threat to Barack Obama, fanatics have warned.

The al-Qaeda chief’s first message in months could come when Mr Obama names his first Cabinet.

Hate preacher Omar Bakri led the talk in extremist Arabic chatrooms. He said: “It will be fresh, addressing the Cabinet he chooses.”

In a direct threat, Bakri went on: “We will fight him if he fights against Islam.”

Bin Laden Planning Large Scale Terror Attack Against U.S.

Osama  bin Laden and al-Qaeda planning a terror attack against the United States which will “outdo by far” the attacks of September 11 in 2001.

The Arab newspaper Al-Quds Al-Arabi in London is reporting a senior Yemen official close to the terrorist group is warning of a new wave of terror attacks against the U.S.

The source, who is not named in the report, is quoted as being “very close to Al-Qaeda”

The newspaper is edited by Abdel al-Bari Atwan, who was the last journalist to edit Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in 1996.

In a message to his followers, bin Laden is reported to have asked that they ignore all efforts to reconcile with various governments and other political parties.

The newspaper’s source said it was likely a sign of an imminent attack may be sent within the coming weeks.

Hmmm ... I see a reason to substantiate initiating a Civilian Security Force and imposing Martial Law.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #917 on: November 14, 2008, 11:45:03 PM »

These lawsuits do need to move forward with the results of Obama being made to provide the necessary proof that he is indeed eligible to hold the office of President. As long as he and the courts withhold this information it will do nothing but undermine his ability to properly administer this office.

Can you imagine the uproar and legal ramifications that will ensue though if the information is against him? The 60's will look very mild in comparison.

AMEN!!

Once the question has been answered, then, and only then can we move ahead.

Ayers defended his bomb-throwing past and repeated a statement that has infuriated his critics: "I don't think we did enough."

I think I'll let his words stand, on his morals. It seems, that Mr. Ayers is still a terrorist, in his mind.

Obama and Ayers have several connections. The two men have also served on boards together, including the Woods Fund of Chicago and the Chicago Annenberg Challenge.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Chicago Annenberg Challenge, Ayers and Dohrn remain unrepentant for their terrorist past. <--linkl

WOODS FUND OF CHICAGO,  In 2002 the Woods Fund made a grant to Northwestern University Law School's Children and Family Justice Center, where Ayers' wife, Bernardine Dohrn, was employed. Barack Obama was one of Ayers' fellow Woods Fund board members at that time. <---- link

This is what I found in a few seconds of looking.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 14, 2008, 11:46:45 PM »

These lawsuits do need to move forward with the results of Obama being made to provide the necessary proof that he is indeed eligible to hold the office of President. As long as he and the courts withhold this information it will do nothing but undermine his ability to properly administer this office.

Can you imagine the uproar and legal ramifications that will ensue though if the information is against him? The 60's will look very mild in comparison.

Obama's failure to respond indicates to people of common sense that HE IS NOT ELIGIBLE! A host of documents and other available information indicate the same thing. Obama will be forced by the courts - SOONER OR LATER - to provide PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY. This IS THE LAW, and not ONE is exempt from the LAWS of ELIGIBILITY! Further, I don't think that Obama would have a prayer of passing a background investigation for a SECURITY CLEARANCE! There are all kinds of SERIOUS PROBLEMS that might prevent him from serving in numerous municipal offices, MUCH LESS AS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES! JUST the lengthy associations with various SUBVERSIVE ORGANIZATIONS would represent a horrendous problem that would disqualify Obama for the majority of ANY PUBLIC OFFICE AT ALL! The citizens this man is to be a SERVANT of have a LEGAL RIGHT to this information, and IT WILL BE PROVIDED - SOONER OR LATER! Available information indicates that Obama was born in Kenya and is a CITIZEN OF KENYA!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 15, 2008, 12:25:35 AM »

This subject isn't going to go away until some answers have been received.

'Constitutional crisis' looms
over Obama's birth location
Alan Keyes suit warns America
may see 'usurper' in Oval Office

The California secretary of state should refuse to allow the state's 55 Electoral College votes to be cast in the 2008 presidential election until President-elect Barack Obama verifies his eligibility to hold the office, alleges a California court petition filed on behalf of former presidential candidate Alan Keyes and others.

The legal action today is just the latest is a series of challenges, some of which have gone as high as the U.S. Supreme Court, over the issue of Obama's status as a "natural-born citizen," a requirement set by the U.S. Constitution.

WND senior reporter Jerome Corsi even traveled to Kenya and Hawaii prior to the election to investigate issues surrounding Obama's birth. But his research and discoveries only raised more questions.

The biggest question is why Obama, if a Hawaii birth certificate exists, simply hasn't ordered it made available to settle the rumors.

(Story continues below)

The governor's office in Hawaii said there is a valid certificate but rejected requests for access and left ambiguous its origin: Does the certificate on file with the Department of Health indicate a Hawaii birth or was it generated after the Obama family registered a Kenyan birth in Hawaii?

Obama's half-sister, Maya Soetoro, has named two different Hawaii hospitals where Obama could have been born, while a video posted on YouTube features Obama's Kenyan grandmother Sarah claiming to have witnessed  Obama's birth in Kenya.

The California action was filed by Gary Kreep of the United States Justice Foundation on behalf of Alan Keyes, the presidential candidate of the American Independent Party, along with Wiley S. Drake and Markham Robinson, both California electors.

"Should Senator Obama be discovered, after he takes office, to be ineligible for the Office of President of the United States of America and, thereby, his election declared void, Petitioners, as well as other Americans, will suffer irreparable harm in that (a) usurper will be sitting as the President of the United States, and none of the treaties, laws, or executive orders signed by him will be valid or legal," the action challenges.

The petition is a request for the Superior Court of California in Sacramento County to issue a peremptory writ barring Secretary of State Debra Bowen "from both certifying to the governor the names of the California Electors, and from transmitting to each presidential Elector a Certificate of Election, until such documentary proof is produced and verified showing that Senator Obama is a 'natural born' citizen of the United States and does not hold citizenship of Indonesia, Kenya or Great Britain."

It continues with a request for a writ barring California's electors from signing the Certificate of Vote until  documentary proof is produced.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #920 on: November 15, 2008, 01:09:12 AM »

Chicago Jews say Obama is actually the 'first Jewish president'
11/13/2008
By Natasha Mozgovaya

Quite a few of Barack Obama's "friends from the past" have popped up recently. It's doubtful whether he even knows their names, but in the Chicago Jewish community many people really are long-time friends of the president-elect. Some of the older people in the community say that they "raised him," while others half-jokingly call Obama "the first Jewish president."

They raised contributions for him, provided him with contacts, and also enjoyed hosting him and believed in his glorious future in politics. During most of the campaign, when rumors were spreading among American Jews that Obama was a closet Muslim who was more supportive of the Palestinians and was interested in granting the president of Iran legitimacy, his support among American Jews did not even come close to that enjoyed by Bill Clinton. But at the moment of truth, according to the exit polls, it turns out that 78 percent of Jews voted for Obama.

Members of the Chicago Jewish community are not surprised. They claim that the Jews simply discovered what they have known for years. Obama lives near the synagogue in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago, an area with quite a large Jewish population. Some of area visitors may even mistake the heavy security presence on the street for the synagogue's location - that is, until they hear about Obama.
Advertisement

Alan Solow, an attorney from Chicago, a leader of the Jewish community and a veteran Obama supporter, was one of the few who gained access to the president-elect after his speech in Chicago's Grant Park last week. "After his speech on Tuesday night [election day] in front of hundreds of thousands people, he was the same Barack Obama I know. I think his life is going to change, but it won't change the type of person he is. Presidents tend to become isolated, but I'm confident he'll fight hard against it," he says.

Solow used to live in Obama's neighborhood, and says that Obama has always had "excellent relations with the Jewish community."

"As a local senator, he was very effective and helpful in what we call 'the Jewish agenda,' the community issues, values. He has always had a deep understanding of Israel's need for security. I went with him to Israel for a week in January 2006, and when he started the race for the presidency I had no doubt I'd support him. The first thing that impressed me about him was his intellect - he's one of the smartest people I've met - but he's also a warm and caring person who has a keen interest in issues that people of this country are worried about," continues Solow.

"I said with a smile that he will be the first Jewish president. He also has a deep understanding of issues that confront Israel and the Jewish community. And I think his personal story reflects the story of Jewish immigration to the United States.

"He was raised in a family without any built-in advantages: His father was a stranger, but with the help of a close family and an emphasis on education and hard work, he succeeded. It's the Jewish story in America. He understands it, and that's why he's so close to the Jewish community. His first autobiography is about seeking his roots and he understands Jewish people's yearning for this - it fits into his world view and it's one of the reasons for his support of Israel. When he says that Israel's security is sacrosanct, I believe him. As I know him, he won't say things he doesn't really mean. And he has a lot of close Jewish friends who can confirm this."

Solow is also very familiar with Obama's first appointment - his designated White House chief of staff. "Rahm is an active member of Jewish community, his children go to the day schools and he was always recognized as Jewish when he was Clinton's advisor. But I don't believe that the fact that he's a devoted Jew and supports Israel has anything to do with his appointment. He's simply the best person for this job, because of his experience in Congress and in Clinton's administration, and because of his intellect. But his support of Israel fits with the president-elect's thinking."

Michael Bauer, a political activist from the community who has known Obama for over a decade and supported his presidential campaign, says his first reaction to Obama's victory was disbelief. "It seemed like a dream. After the election, I had a brief opportunity to congratulate him, to exchange a hug with Barack, a kiss with Michelle. We're very proud of him and we're sure he'll successfully handle the big challenges facing the country and the new president," he says.

"If we go back to his work as a State senator, his Senate district had a relatively high percentage of Jews, and more importantly, it was a Jewish population involved both politically and with charity organizations. When he was in the State Senate, the Democrats were a minority. When you're a minority you don't get too much accomplished. Neither Barack as a State Senator nor any of his colleagues were able to accomplish a great deal, because of Republican control of the State Senate. However, because of his district, it was always clear to me that many people supporting Barack are active in the Jewish community both locally and nationally. And they agreed about his sensitivity to a number of issues - the issue of the U.S-Israel relationship and domestically, issues that many of us are concerned about, be it the separation of Church and State, women's right to choose, etc. It was always a natural fit between the Jewish community and Barack Obama. He understands those issues. Frankly, he's so smart he understands them better than most of us," says Bauer.

Identifying with Sderot

"As a U.S. senator he visited Israel twice, and especially the second time I think was highly significant," Bauer continues. "I think it was important to him personally to go to Sderot and see the proximity involved when Israel is attacked on a daily basis from Gaza. I think it was also symbolic for the people of Israel and the worldwide community, as well as the Jewish community, to see Barack Obama going to Sderot and speaking about it, that as president it will be unacceptable to him and he recognizes Israel's right to defend itself. This symbolism was important on so many different levels. I've known the president-elect for over 10 years, and his values and principles never change. If you ask me whether I have confidence that he'll continue to be committed to Israel's existence as a Jewish state within secure borders - I have absolutely no doubt."

"President Bush supported Israel as well, but after eight years of his support Israel faces a stronger Iran, Hezbollah at the northern border, Hamas at the southern border - and Hamas gained a sort of political legitimacy. I think George Bush was a disaster for the State of Israel. And I think Obama's administration understands Israel's needs for safety and security, the importance of Israel remaining a Jewish state, and will try to help to mediate a peace in the Middle East that accomplishes those goals. There are still people who don't believe it, but the great thing in democracy is that everyone has an opinion and you don't need 100 percent consensus. I think peace in the Middle East is one of his highest priorities - he's not going to wait for seven years as a president to start working on it."

Bauer was also heavily involved in Rahm Emanuel's campaign for Congress. "Let me say something about Rahm. One of the things people don't like about him is the fact he's short with people, but it's only because he's such a smart person. He doesn't need a 15-minute phone conversation, he gets to the issues in three minutes. And Israel - it's in his blood. The fact that Joe Biden, with a long record of supporting Israel, is Obama's vice president-elect and Rahm Emanuel is his chief of staff - I'm not sure what reassurance anyone needs that the president-elect when he is president will remain a close ally of the State of Israel and the people of Israel."

Some Chicago Jews say Obama is actually the 'first Jewish president'

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #921 on: November 15, 2008, 01:13:57 AM »

What?? Oh boy are they lost as well as the other 51 % of the United States! Lets see, Obama has muslim ties, Jewish ties, Christian ties...he's just a man for all seasons. I wonder if Barakkkkkkk is of Roman decent??

Oops, Grammy it your fault, my "K" key stuck. Wink

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #922 on: November 15, 2008, 01:16:22 AM »

Obama aide apologises to US-Arabs
14 November 2008

President-elect Barackkkkkk Obama's White House chief-of-staff Rahm Emanuel has apologised to the US-Arab community for remarks made by his father.

Benjamin Emanuel told an Israeli newspaper that his son, who is Jewish, would "obviously influence the president to be pro-Israel".

He also referred to Arabs in a way which a leading Arab-American group called an "unacceptable smear".

A spokesman for Rahm Emanuel said he had called the group to apologise.

Mr Emanuel also offered to meet members of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee.

In the interview last week with the Israeli daily newspaper Ma'ariv, Israeli-born Benjamin Emanuel talked about his son's new job.

Anger at remarks

He said: "Obviously he'll influence the president to be pro-Israel. Why wouldn't he? What is he, an Arab? He's not going to be mopping floors at the White House."

His remarks angered the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee, which called on Rahm Emanuel to condemn them.

On Thursday, his office issued a statement saying that the veteran Democratic congressman had called the group's president, Mary Rose Oakar.

We cannot allow Arabs and Muslims to be portrayed in these unacceptable terms
Mary Rose Oakar, American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee

It said that he had "apologised on behalf of his family and offered to meet with representatives of the Arab-American community at an appropriate time in the future".

On its website, the committee quoted Mr Rahm as saying: "From the fullness of my heart, I personally apologise on behalf of my family and me. These are not the values upon which I was raised or those of my family."

Ms Oakar welcomed the apology, saying: "We cannot allow Arabs and Muslims to be portrayed in these unacceptable terms."

Rahm Emanuel served as deputy chief of staff to Bill Clinton and analysts say he has a reputation for forceful negotiation and unwavering loyalty.

As Mr Obama's chief of staff - and one of his closest advisers - he will be responsible for delivering the president's policy platform.

Some Middle East commentators have voiced concern about the appointment of Mr Emanuel, who has a pro-Israel record.

However, the congressman himself dismissed the idea and said that Mr Obama did not need his influence to "orientate his policy toward Israel".

Obama aide apologises to US-Arab

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #923 on: November 15, 2008, 01:20:45 AM »

If a Christian group was offended by something, they would be laughing it up and making "Saturday Night Live" skits about it. But when it comes to Arab-American lobbyists, we are serenading them outside their windows and bringing them roses. Well this Christian WILL NOT serenad or bring them roses. Though I may give them the thorns, from the roses.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 16, 2008, 12:37:52 PM »

Obama Will Change Balance on Courts Quickly
newsmax

It’s a given that Barack Obama will change the balance on the courts to a liberal judicial outlook. What is surprising is how quickly he could do that.

Because Democrats dragged their heels on President Bush’s judicial nominations, 14 seats are open on appeals courts or will be by the end of January. Democratic nominees now are a majority on only one of the 13 federal appeals courts, the ultra-liberal U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit in San Francisco. Within four years, Obama could name enough judges to give Democrats a majority on nine of the 13 appeals courts.

On the Supreme Court, five justices are older than 70. The first likely to retire is Justice John Paul Stevens, who is 88. Ruth Bader Ginsburg is 75. Justice David Souter, who will turn 70 next year, is known to be unhappy living in Washington. Assuming Obama is re-elected, Justices Antonin Scalia and Anthony Kennedy will be 80 by his second term.

Thus, Obama will be able to name several Supreme Court justices. Given that Democrats hold a majority of the Senate, Obama will have little trouble obtaining confirmation of his appointees. A simple majority of the Senate confirms judicial appointments.

Obama has said that, in selecting judges, he would look for candidates who show “empathy” for the weak and underprivileged. He voted against two of President Bush’s appointments to the Supreme Court, Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Sam Alito, because they did not side often enough with the downtrodden and disenfranchised.

Obama wants judges to have a bias in favor of an entire class of individuals. Imagine the outcry if Bush had said he wants courts to side with the privileged.

But what really sends chills up conservatives’ spines is the president-elect’s statement on a Chicago radio station that he is “not optimistic about bringing about major redistributive change through the courts,” implying that he would like to change the courts so that they construct their own laws.

That raised a flag for Brad Berenson, who was associate counsel in the Bush White House and helped vet judicial appointments.

“Given his legal training and his background as a constitutional law professor, given what he’s said publicly about the kinds of judicial appointees he’ll be looking for, and given a very substantial majority of Democrats in the Senate, he’s going to be emboldened to try to please his base with very liberal appointments,” Berenson told Newsmax.

“During the campaign, when he was asked about what he would look for in a judge, the dominant theme of his comments was that he would look for a judge that would decide cases according to heart more than head, which suggests a substantive agenda in favor of helping certain favored or sympathetic groups in society, rather than a passion for finding judges who will neutrally apply the law, which was the animating principle for Bush judicial appointments,” said Berenson, who worked with Obama on the Harvard Law Review and then clerked for Justice Anthony Kennedy.

“My general expectation is that he will look for people of quality, but he will look for people of quality who have a substantive liberal agenda on the bench, and as long as he has a substantial majority in the Senate, he may well get such people confirmed,” Berenson said. “Like any president, he’s going to be in a position to substantially influence the character of a lot of important courts around the country and to do so fairly quickly. For example, the 4th Circuit, which has long been one of the more conservative courts in the country, could be tipped decisively in a liberal direction just through an initial round of appointments. That is something that could happen within a year or two of his taking office.”

Others agree with that summation.

“Obama will be quite liberal because he doesn’t want to take the chance of having a moderate nominee, any more than a Republican president wants to take the chance of a moderate nominee,” Ken Klukowski, a legal expert who consults for major conservative interest groups, told Newsmax. “If he appoints someone that votes in a way against what his party base would anticipate, on some issue of critical concern to the left, whether it’s gay marriage, abortion, the second amendment, whatever it is, he knows that the political fallout for him could be catastrophic.”

Indeed, Klukowski said Obama may move to increase the number of federal judges, giving him an opportunity to alter the balance even more.

“Citing the fact that judges are overworked, that there’s a very heavy case load, you could see the Democrats ram through a new statute creating new judicial seats that Obama could fill,” Klukowski said. “That’s what happened with Jimmy Carter in the 1970s with the 9th Circuit. It was Carter who expanded the Ninth Circuit to 27 or 28 seats and created a whole raft of vacancies, which were then filled with liberal judicial activists who then waited until there was another Democrat president, Bill Clinton, before they all resigned to get replaced. That’s why the 9th Circuit is as far to the left as it is.”

Let us fight the good fight!
allaboutGod

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 16, 2008, 02:22:48 PM »

Well I suppose we should look on the bright side...Jesus is coming back really soon Grin

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 16, 2008, 03:01:45 PM »

Obama staff combines DC minds with Chicago roots
Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 24 mins ago

WASHINGTON – President-elect Barack Obama is forming a White House leadership team that combines experienced Washington insiders who can help build a bridge with Congress and trusted associates who share his Chicago roots.

The West Wing appointments that Obama has announced in recent days stand in contrast to those of George W. Bush, who relied heavily on fellow Texans for top posts. They had virtually no experience dealing with Congress, nor did the former Texas governor who was their boss.

Obama comes to the Oval Office with an ambitious list of campaign promises that will require Capitol Hill's cooperation and approval, and his team is heavy on the legislative experience that Obama is lacking. He resigned his Illinois Senate seat Sunday after just under four years of service, half of which he spent out on the presidential campaign trail.

During that time, Obama had Pete Rouse as his Senate chief of staff to take care of his business on the Hill. On Sunday, Obama named Rouse to be a senior adviser in his White House. Rouse has 24 years of experience as a top Senate aide, also running the offices of former Senate Democratic leader Tom Daschle of South Dakota and Obama's Illinois colleague, Democrat Sen. Dick Durbin.

Other names that have begun to roll out in recently come with varying degrees of Washington experience. Obama is drawing on accomplished Chicago friends, longtime congressional aides and former Clinton administration officials, including some with ties to the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

The new chief of staff, Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill., combines the Chicago roots and the legislative connections. Vice President-elect Joe Biden's chief of staff Ron Klain held the same role for Vice President Al Gore.

Obama has picked Mona Sutphen and Jim Messina as his deputy chiefs of staff. Like Rouse, Messina has served as chief of staff for three different lawmakers — Sens. Max Baucus, D-Mont, Byron Dorgan, D-N.D., and Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D-N.Y. — and has a vast network of relationships to show for it that he can tap on Obama's behalf.

Philip Schiliro, who has more 25 years experience working for Congress, is Obama's liaison to Capitol Hill.

Biden, a longtime senator from Delaware, has said he intends to be a frequent voice on the Hill and use his 36 experience as a lawmaker to promote the administration's agenda. That's a departure from Vice President Dick Cheney, who only appeared occasionally on the Hill to meet with Republican members and cast a tie-breaking vote.

Obama is keeping some campaign advisers close in the West Wing. He has named longtime confidant Valerie Jarrett as a senior White House adviser and is expected to bring along Robert Gibbs as press secretary and David Axelrod as another senior adviser.

The senior adviser title is a vague one, but those who fill it can have held vast authority. Karl Rove and Karen Hughes had the title at one time in Bush's White House, and each had very different but influential role — Rove was the political strategist with a big say over policy while Hughes was the chief communications specialist.

Obama is expected to name campaign adviser Gregory Craig, who was President Bill Clinton's impeachment trial lawyer, as White House counsel. Sutphen, too, had a role in the Lewinsky scandal that led to Clinton's impeachment.

Sutphen is a foreign policy expert who has had several federal government positions, including as an aide to Bill Richardson when he was ambassador to the United Nations. In that role, Sutphen helped conduct a 45-minute job interview with Lewinsky in late 1997 at the request of John Podesta, who had the same deputy White House chief of staff title for Clinton that she is about to fill for Obama.

The interview led to Sutphen's offering Lewinsky a job at Richardson's direction, shortly before the scandal was about to break publicly. Lewinsky ultimately declined the offer, but Sutphen's name ended up in the Starr Report because of the interview she conducted with Richardson and another one of his aides.

Sutphen most recently has been at Stonebridge International, an Washington-based consulting firm that advises multinational corporations on worldwide business opportunities. She has previously worked as a lobbyist for the firm and on behalf of food distributor Angliss International of London. Her brother is David Sutphen, a top entertainment industry lobbyist for Viacom and the Recording Industry Association of America.

Obama, making his Senate resignation official, said in a letter published in Illinois newspapers Sunday that he was "ending one journey to begin another. ... But I will never forget and will be forever grateful to the men and women of this great state who made my life in public service possible."

In his published letter, Obama quoted Abraham Lincoln, "another son of Illinois" who had left for Washington, "a greater man who spoke to a nation far more divided."

Lincoln, Obama wrote, said of his home: "To this place, and the kindness of these people, I owe everything."

Obama wrote, "I feel the same, and like Lincoln, I ask for your support, your prayers, and for us to `confidently hope that all will yet be well.'"

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 16, 2008, 03:20:24 PM »

Obama expected to fund forced abortions
'Will have to do nothing': 'He will just have to let the will of Congress go through'

De-funded during the Bush Administration, US money for the UN Population Fund that supports China's policy of coercive abortion will flow again during the Obama Administrations, say supporters.

Supporters of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) are confident that President-elect Barack Obama will reverse the Bush administration’s 2002 decision to stop the $40 million it received in U.S. funding. The policy was instated because of UNFPA’s support for China’s one-child policy, which includes coercive abortion practices.

Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D – N.Y.) said the funding will be approved by the Democratic majority Congress. Her comments came while speaking Wednesday at a press conference at the National Press Club where the 2008 U.N. report on world population was released.

“You know the president will have to do nothing,” said Maloney. “He will just have to let the will of Congress go through. One of the changes is that UNFPA will be funded,” CNSNews.com reports.

The Bush administration in 2002 had stopped funding the organization, citing the Kemp-Kasten Amendment which prohibits funds from being available to organizations or programs determined to be supporting or participating in coercive abortion or involuntary sterilization programs.

In July of 2008, Deputy Secretary of State John Negroponte announced that for the sixth year in a row, the government had determined that “UNFPA provides support for and participates in the management of the Chinese government’s program of coercive abortion and involuntary sterilization.”

Rep. Maloney reported that she discusses UNFPA funding controversies in her book “Rumors of Our Progress are Greatly Exaggerated.” She said the UNFPA was founded “with American leadership” and “was supported strongly by George Bush’s father.”

The new UN report, “Reaching Common Ground: Culture, Gender and Human Rights,” calls for “cultural sensitivity” to “mitigate and overcome cultural resistance to couples and individuals using modern contraception.” It claims to prepare for the empowerment of women with control over their fertility.

Nevertheless, Rep. Maloney claimed the U.S. will no longer “impose our own ideology” under the UNFPA funding changes.

She said Obama “has already said his administration will change the way we do business in Washington and that improving the role of women around the world is going to be one of his prominent priorities.

“I am thrilled with this report, and I am really thrilled at the new direction of our government,” Maloney said, according to CNSNews.com.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 16, 2008, 03:21:38 PM »

This is what they are funding:

China orders forced abortion for mother-to-be
Woman threatened with seizure of her home if she failed to turn herself in

A STORM of international protest is building over a Chinese ruling that a Muslim Uighur woman who is six months pregnant must have an abortion or lose her home.

Chinese authorities have ordered Arzigul Tursun, who is 26 weeks pregnant, to abort her unborn child because she has two other children.

She is under watch at the Municipal Watergate Hospital in Yining in the Xinjiang Autonomous Region, which is populated heavily with Uighurs, a Turkic-speaking Muslim minority. Supporters are concerned a forced abortion at such a late stage could threaten Arzigul's health.

According to the Washington-based Uyghur Human Rights Project, Arzigul and her husband, Nurmemet, fled their village when she became pregnant, but returned after officials warned their house and property would be seized if Arzigul did not have an abortion.

"We considered our two girls," said Nurmemet. "If the house and properties were taken away, how would they live? So my wife came back and went to the hospital."

US Representative Christopher Smith, a New Jersey Republican, wrote to China's ambassador to Washington, Zhou Wenzhong, last week to demand the forced abortion not be carried out.

Militant Uighurs seeking independence from China have carried out an intensified terror campaign and social tensions in the region are high.

Because of its population of 1.3 billion, China maintains a one-child-per-family rule on majority Han Chinese.

Minority urban couples may have two children, while rural farmers may have three.

Arzigul holds a rural household registration but her husband is registered in an urban area.

Local officials eventually demanded that she terminate her pregnancy.

China says its population would have risen far more if 400 million abortions had not been performed in the past three decades.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 16, 2008, 07:43:04 PM »

Communist Party strategist
maps out Obama's agenda
Powerful unions, socialized medicine
1st crucial steps for long-term plans

The enactment of a "single payer" socialist health care system; passing laws to make joining a labor union easier; raising the minimum wage and increasing labor union support – all these are just some of the policies the Community Party USA has mapped out as crucial for Obama to push through during his term of office.

Just days after the party's official newspaper lauded the role of labor unions in Obama's election victory, another article in the Communist Party's Political Affairs magazine by leading party member and Rutgers University history professor Norman Markowitz outlined the kind of "change" he expects Obama to bring to the U.S.:

"For the people who elected Obama and the increased Democratic majority," Markowitz writes, "'change we can believe in' isn't about bailouts for corporations and banks. It isn't about wearing American flag pins on your lapel. ...

"It is about ending the post-World War II policies that led to the long-term stagnation and decline of the labor movement," Markowitz writes. "It is about creating a national public health care program more than 50 years after it was established in other major industrial nations, and handling a national debt which has increased 10 times since Ronald Reagan became president in 1981."

Markowitz urges Obama to implement a "single payer" national health system, or socialized universal medicine.

"A 'single payer' national health system ... should be an essential part of the change that the core constituencies which elected Obama desperately need," he writes.

As an Illinois state senator, Obama publicly supported universal healthcare and previously expressed support for "single payer," although he later waffled. He also co-sponsored the Bernardin Amendment, which did not pass but which would have amended the Illinois State Constitution to add healthcare to the list of basic rights for residents.

Markowitz also expressed hope Obama will pass the Employee Free Choice Act, which he says would make joining a union easier and would relax current requirements on creating unions.

Markowitz calls for labor unions to "expand the base of union voters who supported Obama by nearly 50 points on Nov 4."

In an article last week titled, "Special Interest or Class Consciousness? How Labor Put Obama in the White House," Political Affairs reported on polling data released that revealed the extent of union support for Obama.

The American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations, or AFL-CIO, sponsored a poll showing union members supported Obama by a 68-30 margin and strongly influenced their family members.

According to the survey, Obama won among white men who are union members by 18 points. Union gun-owners backed Obama by 12 points, while union veterans voted for Obama by a 25-point margin. In the general population, Obama lost these groups by significant margins.

Political Affairs quoted AFL-CIO President John Sweeney, a longtime member of the Boston chapter of the Democrat Socialists for America, expressing hope labor unions can continue working with Obama.

"We have taken the first crucial steps to build a better future for our children and grandchildren. And what we've seen – the stunning voter participation and the common call for change – is an indication of the history we can continue to make together," Sweeney said.

"The election is just step one in delivering the change we need," Sweeney said. "Working men and women are poised to keep the energy pumping to help the Obama administration lead. … There will be no gap or letdown."

In his article, Markowitz goes on to suggest how Obama can win many Americans who voted for Sen. John McCain:

"The best way to win over the portion of the working class in the South or the West that supported McCain and the Republicans is to create important new public programs and improve the social safety net. National health care, significantly higher minimum wages, support for trade union organizing, aid to education should all be on the agenda. These programs will improve the quality of our lives directly, giving us greater security and establishing the social economic changes that will bring reluctant voters into the Obama coalition. That is how progress works," he writes.

The New Zeal blog, which researched connections between Obama and the Communist Party USA, commented: "The best way to determine the Obama administration's likely agenda is to read the communist press. Very few US voters would have any inkling that the approximately 3,000 members of the Communist Party USA have a huge influence on the policy and direction of the Democratic Party."

Markowitz seemed to anticipate such attacks, and claimed it would be strategically beneficial if "the right-wing propaganda machine" labels Obama's policies as socialist.

"The right-wing propaganda machine will scream socialism, and that is also a good thing," Markowitz writes. "Because the more socialism comes to be identified with real policies that raise the standard of living and improve the quality of life for the working class and the whole people, the more socialism will be looked at seriously."

And once America learns to accept socialism as a good thing, Markowitz writes, the country can more easily be pulled even farther.

"A stronger left that follows the tradition of the Communist Party," Markowitz writes, "in its unbreakable commitment to a socialist future and to educating people about the value and necessity of socialist policies in the present could follow."

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the