Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 11:32:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286957 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 170781 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: November 08, 2008, 12:34:29 PM »

Russian Muslims to ask for Obama’s support of the UN Religious Council 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Head of the Central Muslim Religious Board in Russia Talgat Tajuddin stated the necessity to send the newly elected USA President Barak Obama a request to support a project of establishing a religious council at the UN.

Speaking at the Round Table in Moscow, the Mufti explained that the Council’s chief task would be to maintain international security and contribute in protection from terrorism and nuclear threat on a global scale. Russian Muslims suggest that the headquarters should be located in the Holy Land, as according to Tajuddin, Jerusalem is an “abode of peace, a shrine for Christians, Muslims and Jews.”

The Board’s Chair also noted that the new President had already shown himself as a believer and a member of the United Church of Christ. Thus, Russian Muslims hope for cooperation with him.

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 08, 2008, 08:13:33 PM »

Web faux pas: Plan leaked
for 'civilian security force'?
Before blogs caught it, Obama site
told of requiring students to serve

The official website of President-Elect Barack Obama, Change.gov, originally announced that Obama would "require" all middle school through college students to participate in community service programs; but after a flurry of blogs protested children being drafted into Obama's proposed youth corps, the website's wording was softened.

Originally, under the tab "America Serves" Change.gov read, "President-Elect Obama will expand national service programs like AmeriCorps and Peace Corps and will create a new Classroom Corps to help teachers in under served schools, as well as a new Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, and Veterans Corps.

"Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year," the site announced.

The language of requiring students to serve and the creation of a "Classroom Corps" sparked a surge of criticism from bloggers for bringing back memories of the much-publicized video of marching Obama youth and Obama's "civilian national security force," which the candidate said in July would be just as powerful and well-funded as the U.S. military.

Gateway Pundit called the Obama's plan the "creation of his Marxist youth corps," and DBKP commented, "'Choosing' to serve should be approved by parents – not required by the government. No amount of good intentions can sugar-coat words like 'mandatory,' 'compulsory' or 'required.'"

Following the furor raised by bloggers, however, the website's wording was changed.

The word "require" was stricken from the website yesterday, replaced with the phrase "setting a goal" and now also listing tax credits toward college tuition.

The new wording is consistent with Obama's campaign website, which also described the college tuition tax credit and detailed "enabling" Americans to serve, rather than "requiring" them to serve.

Elsewhere on the Change.gov site, however, it still describes the plan under the heading, "Require 100 hours of service in college."

J.D. Tuccille of the Civil Liberties Examiner also points out, "Most public schools depend on federal dollars. As Obama elaborated in a speech last December, 'At the middle and high school level, we'll make federal assistance conditional on school districts developing service programs, and give schools resources to offer new service opportunities'

"So, it won't be the nasty federal government forcing your kids to donate their time to government-approved service, it'll be the local schools – but that requirement will be among the strings attached to federal money," Tuccille writes.

Obama's selection of an advocate for mandatory civil service, Rahm Emanuel, as his chief of staff has further worried bloggers that Obama's plans may be more "requirement" than "encouragement."

In his book, "The Plan: Big Ideas for America," Emanuel writes: "It's time for a real Patriot Act that brings out the patriot in all of us. We propose universal civilian service for every young American. Under this plan, all Americans between the ages of 18 and 25 will be asked to serve their country by going through three months of basic training, civil defense preparation and community service."

Tuccille comments, "Emanuel and co-author Bruce Reed insist 'this is not a draft,' but go on to write of young men and women, 'the nation will enlist them for three months of civilian service.' They also warn, 'Some Republicans will squeal about individual freedom,' ruling out any likelihood that they would let people opt out of universal citizen service."

Obama has also yet to clarify what he meant during his July "Call to Service" speech in Colorado Springs, in which he insisted the U.S. "cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set" and needs a "civilian national security force."

Obama spokesmen have declined to return WND calls requesting an explanation of what this security force would be or whether this force would be "required" or "encouraged."

Joseph Farah, founder and editor of WND, used his daily column first to raise the issue and then to elevate it with a call to all reporters to start asking questions about it.

"If we're going to create some kind of national police force as big, powerful and well-funded as our combined U.S. military forces, isn't this rather a big deal?" Farah wrote. "I thought Democrats generally believed the U.S. spent too much on the military. How is it possible their candidate is seeking to create some kind of massive but secret national police force that will be even bigger than the Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force put together?

"Is Obama serious about creating some kind of domestic security force bigger and more expensive than that? If not, why did he say it? What did he mean?" Farah wrote.

His call generated intense Internet discussions.

The Blue Collar Muse blog commented, "The questions are legion and the implications of such an organization are staggering! What would it do? According to the title, it's a civilian force so how would it go about discharging 'national security' issues? What are the Constitutional implications for such a group? How is this to be paid. … The statement was made in the context of youth service. Is this an organization for just the youth or are adults going to participate? How does one get away from the specter of other such 'youth' organizations from Nazi Germany and the former Soviet Union when talking about it?"

Michael Kinsley also commented generally on plans for enlisting America's youth in voluntary versus required volunteerism on Time's website: "Problem number one with grand schemes for universal voluntary public service is that they can't be both universal and voluntary. If everybody has to do it, then it's not voluntary, is it? And if it's truly up to the individual, then it won't be universal."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 09, 2008, 12:02:19 PM »

Kenya banking on Obama payback
Odinga has high expectations for detaining Corsi

Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga is demanding payback from President-elect Barack Obama for silencing WND staff writer and bestselling author Jerome Corsi, who investigated Obama's links to the authoritarian African official.

Odinga told Kenya's newspaper, The Nation, that he expected Obama's election to provide a windfall of U.S. trade, tourism and investment.

"What we want to see is the expansion of relationships in terms of trade and direct investments," said Odinga. "We want to see more of our products finding markets in the U.S. and expect more direct investments by the Americans in the country."

Odinga made it clear he played a small role in helping Obama win the White House – specifically by detaining Corsi and preventing him from holding a press conference in Kenya to disclose the findings of his investigation.

In addition, Odina said he made a deliberate decision to minimize his relationship with Obama – even while previously claiming to be related to him.

As WND had reported exclusively, Odinga is a Luo tribesman affiliated with Obama's father when Odinga's communist father was Kenya's first vice president after Kenyan independence and Obama's father was a Harvard-educated economist working in the Jomo Kenyatta government.

Obama campaigned openly for Odinga for president in 2006 when Obama was in Kenya on a U.S. Senate "fact-finding" mission. Kenya's President Mwai Kibaki asked Obama to stop interfering with Kenyan presidential politics. Obama raised an alleged $1 million for Odinga to run for president in Kenya in December 2007, adding to the $1 million raised for Odinga's 2007 presidential campaign by Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi.

When Odinga lost the December 2007 presidnetial election by approximately 233,000 votes, Odinga called for protests which led his Luo tribesmen to murder approximately 1,000 Kikuyu tribesman, displace another 350,000 Kikuyu tribesmen and destroy 800 churches, while not a single mosque was destroyed. Obama helped negotiate a settlement in which Odinga was appointed co-head-of-state and appointed prime minister to end the violence, even after it became publicly disclosed Odinga signed a letter of understanding with radical Muslims in Kenya in return for their votes.

Get the book that started it all – Jerome Corsi's "The Obama Nation," personally autographed

Odinga said he stayed away from the August Democratic National Convention, to which he was invited by Obama, for fear the association would hurt the Democratic presidential nominee.

"That is why I did not go to the convention," Odinga said. "I felt if I went they would try to use my presence to mud-sling Mr Obama."

WND also reported that Odinga signed a written agreement with Muslim leaders during his campaign, stipulating that if they delivered the Muslim vote, he would change the constitution to declare Islamic law as the ruling authority in Muslim-dominated regions, protect terrorists and muzzle Christian evangelism.

According to a BBC report, Odinga says Obama's father was his maternal uncle. Barack Obama Sr., a Kenyan, married the Democratic presidential candidates' American mother while both were attending the University of Hawaii.

In addition to promising to re-write the Kenyan constitution and enshrine Islamic Shariah law, Odinga promised to immediately "dismiss the Commissioner of Police who has allowed himself to be used by heathens and Zionists to oppress the Kenya Muslim community."

View the entire three-page document titled "Memorandum of Understanding Between Hon. Raila Amolo Odinga Representing the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) and National Muslim Leaders Forum (NAMLEF)."  http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=78323

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 09, 2008, 12:27:56 PM »

This is going to be a very long 4 years, HOWEVER....it could be a very short 4 years for us believers if Christ is on His way to rapture His church!  My hope is in the latter.  Grin Shocked

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 09, 2008, 12:31:06 PM »

Rev 22:20  He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 09, 2008, 03:34:28 PM »

Obama Means to Draft Youth

We warned you America and you still blew it. We gave you THE prominent example of why it is dangerous to vote for someone solely based on a cult of personality. We explained to you that empty rhetoric is a dangerous thing. But you did it anyway.

Now, Obama’s plan for the youth of this nation has been revealed…

That’s right people. The man with the middle name Hussein is planning to enlist the youth of this nation in a mandatory service program. Kind of reminds me of the Hitler Youth.

Remember… over 100 million dead as a result of Adolf Hitler’s reign. Can we afford a repeat?

Think I’m stretching in my analogy? Think again.

In his book, “The Plan: Big Ideas for America,” Emanuel writes: “It’s time for a real Patriot Act that brings out the patriot in all of us. We propose universal civilian service for every young American. Under this plan, all Americans between the ages of 18 and 25 will be asked to serve their country by going through three months of basic training, civil defense preparation and community service.”

And Rahm Emanuel is his Goebbels. What’s next? Is Obama going to round up all the white Conservatives and ship them off to forced labor camps? I wouldn’t put it past him.

Note: Obama’s “Office of the President Elect” (no such creature by the way) website has conveniently removed the page captured in the screen-shot. He doesn’t want you to know his plans. That is the only way that he could get elected. Hitler did the same thing.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 09, 2008, 09:14:23 PM »

Even now, plans under way
for Obama national holiday
'I thought it was required that a person
be dead before they are memorialized'

A civil rights organization in Kansas has launched a campaign to designate Nov. 4 as a national holiday, commemorating the election of Barack Obama as president.

"The reason why I want to have this holiday is because it marks the day America grew up," said Sonny Scroggins, founder and president of Bias Busters of Kansas, the organization pushing for the holiday.

Scroggins told WND that America has for too long focused on what our ancestors did during legalized slavery, but the election of Obama shows that we no longer allow race and gender to be the deciding factors in guiding our nation, but integrity and honor.

Referring to the overwhelming majority of young voters that cast ballots for Obama, Scroggins said, "The children, thirty-something and below, they put America on the right path, a path of liberty, justice, freedom, and equality for all.

"We're not going to deny the heritage of America – it's black, it's white, red, yellow," Scroggins told WND. "Obama is white and black. He represents the best of both worlds."

Scroggins' organization has now formed a "Yes, We Can" committee that will be meeting twice every Tuesday at a historic, downtown Topeka McDonald's restaurant from now until Inauguration Day to work toward the goal of establishing Nov. 4 as a national holiday.

In a forum on the website of the Topeka Capital-Journal, however, many comments have scoffed at the idea of creating a national holiday for a man who hasn't even served his presidential term yet.

"Are you freakin kidding me?" asked one poster. "A national holiday for a guy who hasn't even shown if he can lead? He may be the president elect, but he hasn't even proven that he has what it takes to lead this country."

"I once thought it was required that a person be dead before they are memorialized," said another. "Oh, but we're speaking of the Savior, The Chosen One."

Scroggins sought to answer his critics by telling WND the holiday isn't so much to honor Obama, but to honor the progress in racial relations Americans have made by electing a black president.

"It has more to do with 'We the People' of America," Scroggins said. "It's America's day. It's more for us, as opposed for Obama. I like the fact that he's white and he's black and he can move race relations further."

Lamont Lassiter, the general manager of the McDonald's hosting the Tuesday gatherings, told WND the holiday likely wouldn't be established until after Obama completes his presidency.

"We want to try to honor Barack Obama becoming the first African-American president of the United States," said Lassiter, "and not only that, but also what he's trying to accomplish."

Lassiter told WND Americans should celebrate Obama's goals for the country, namely "socialized insurance like Canada and France, he's trying to have all Americans have insurance, he's going to focus on the economy and he's trying to pull our troops out of the war."

Scroggins, however, who told WND he has been a civil rights activist for 39 years, insisted the holiday isn't for what Obama's going to do, but rather for what America has already done by electing him.

"I think about those slaves, the ones that lost their lives en route to America," Scroggins said. "This is a happy feeling for all of us, descendants of both the slaves and the slave masters, because we are all really sitting at the table of humanity.

"America has finally grown up," Scroggins said.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 09, 2008, 09:16:46 PM »

Obama to use executive orders for immediate impact
'We need to get off the course that the Bush administration has set'

President-elect Obama plans to use his executive powers to make an immediate impact when he takes office, perhaps reversing Bush administration policies on stem cell research and domestic drilling for oil and natural gas.

John Podesta, Obama's transition chief, said Sunday Obama is reviewing President Bush's executive orders on those issue and others as he works to undo policies enacted during eight years of Republican rule. He said the president can use such orders to move quickly on his own.

"There's a lot that the president can do using his executive authority without waiting for congressional action, and I think we'll see the president do that," Podesta said. "I think that he feels like he has a real mandate for change. We need to get off the course that the Bush administration has set."

Podesta also said Obama is working to build a diverse Cabinet. That includes reaching out to Republicans and independents—part of the broad coalition that supported Obama during the race against Republican John McCain. Defense Secretary Robert Gates has been mentioned as a possible holdover.

"He's not even a Republican," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada said. "Why wouldn't we want to keep him? He's never been a registered Republican."

Obama was elected on a promise of change, but the nature of the job makes it difficult for presidents to do much that has an immediate impact on the lives of average people. Congress plans to take up a second economic aid plan before year's end—an effort Obama supports, But it could be months or longer before taxpayers see the effect.

Obama could use his executive powers to at least signal that Washington is changing.

"Obama's advantage of course is he'll have the House and the Senate working with him, and that makes it easier," said Carl Tobias, a law professor at the University of Richmond. "But even then, having an immediate impact is very difficult to do because the machinery of government doesn't move that quickly."

Presidents long have used executive orders to impose policy and set priorities. One of Bush's first acts was to reinstate full abortion restrictions on U.S. overseas aid. The restrictions were first ordered by President Reagan and the first President Bush followed suit. President Clinton lifted them soon after he occupied the Oval Office and it wouldn't be surprising if Obama did the same.

Executive orders "have the power of law and they can cover just about anything," Tobias said in a telephone interview.

Bush used his executive power to limit federal spending on embryonic stem cell research, a position championed by opponents of abortion rights who argue that destroying embryos is akin to killing a fetus. Obama has supported the research in an effort to find cures for diseases such as Alzheimer's. Many moderate Republicans also support the research, giving it the stamp of bipartisanship.

On drilling, the federal Bureau of Land Management is opening about 360,000 acres of public land in Utah to oil and gas drilling. Bush administration officials argue that the drilling will not harm sensitive areas; environmentalists oppose it.

"They want to have oil and gas drilling in some of the most sensitive, fragile lands in Utah," Podesta said. "I think that's a mistake."

Two top House Republicans said there is a willingness to try to work with Obama to get things done. But they said to expect Republicans to serve as a check against the power held by Obama and Democratic leaders in Congress.

"It's going to be a cheerful opposition," said Rep. Mike Pence, R-Ind. "We're going to carry those timeless principles of limited government, a strong defense, traditional values, to the American people."

Pence, of Indiana, is expected to take over the No. 3 leadership post among House Republicans.

In other transition matters, Obama's new chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, would not say whether Obama would return to the Senate for votes during the postelection session this month. Obama's presence would be extraordinary, given his position as president-elect, especially if Congress takes up a much-anticipated economic stimulus plan.

"I think that the basic approach has been he's going to be here in Chicago, setting up his economic, not only his economic team, but the policies he wants to outline for the country as soon as he gets sworn in, so we hit the ground running," Emanuel said.

Also, Emanuel would not commit to a Democratic proposal to help the auto industry with some of the $700 billion approved by Congress to for the financial bailout.

Reid and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said in a letter Saturday to Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson that the administration should consider expanding the bailout to include car companies.

Podesta appeared on "Fox News Sunday," as did Pence, and CNN's "Late Edition," where Reid also was interviewed. Emanuel spoke on ABC's "This Week" and CBS' "Face the Nation."

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 10, 2008, 12:26:37 PM »

Nov. 4th - the day America died, is more like it.

These Obamites are crazier than he is. 

The other day (after the election) one of our clients had a hand full of flyers and asked if I wanted one.  When she held it up, it was a large picture of Obama.  I almost turned Catholic in that moment insofar as I wanted to cross myself!  It was horrifing!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 10, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

We've only seen just the beginning! Most of us would be more than happy to serve GOD and Country in traditional ways that are GOOD. However, we should already know there are many things on the agenda that won't be serving GOD and Country at all - just the opposite. This should be and must be a time of much prayer for Christians. It's also a time for Bible Study to know and understand GOD'S Will for us in these radically changing times. As an example, what are our duties for GOD if they conflict with invented duties by a man? If we want to obey GOD, we must study these things and know. So far, the people in this part of the world have lived in freedom bluntly stated as "UNDER GOD". That was the stated primary purpose in the formation of our governments BY THE PEOPLE AND FOR THE PEOPLE. Obviously, it's a time for Bible Study and Prayer. Our forms of government in this part of the world HAVE NOT changed YET. If they are to be changed, our Laws and Constitutions REQUIRE and MANDATE that ONLY THE PEOPLE CAN DO IT in DUE PROCESS OF PRESCRIBED LAW! In the absence of DUE PROCESS OF LAW, many changes would be illegal and Unconstitutional. Further, they would actually represent an ATTACK against a FREE PEOPLE, all with RIGHTS UNDER THE LAW AND CONSTITUTION! Any attempt to remove RIGHTS without due process would be just as bad as a foreign attacking army. In REALITY, IT WOULD BE A FOREIGN ATTACKING ARMY! Our government is OUR SERVANT, and the only way it can serve is BY OUR LAWS AND CONSTITUTIONS! Not ONE is exempt from obeying our LAWS and CONSTITUTIONS! Criminal, civil, and Constitutional penalties apply to those who disobey our LAWS AND CONSTITUTIONS! This ALWAYS APPLIES FIRST TO OUR GOVERNMENT AND THOSE ACTING UNDER COLOR OF LAW! By the way, ONLY THE PEOPLE can change our Laws and Constitutions by heavily DEFINED DUE PROCESS OF LAW! Those who deny or avoid DUE PROCESS OF LAW do so as a waste of time with the full knowledge that what they do will be reversed, and their actions place them in immediate peril of facing the full consequences of the LAWS AND CONSTITUTIONS! This would involve a variety of consequences depending on the violation: prison, reparations, and even death for TREASON! As an example, developing armed forces for the purpose of denying RIGHTS OF CITIZENS would involve SERIOUS PENALTIES - RIGHTFULLY SO! The passage of illegal and Unconstitutional Laws would also fall into this category. By the way, EVERY CITIZEN HAS STANDING TO FILE CIVIL LITIGATION AND CRIMINAL CHARGES AGAINST ANY OFFICIAL DENYING HIS OR HER RIGHTS UNDER THE LAW! THE ACTIONS ARE MORE SERIOUS IF THE VIOLATION WAS COMMITTED UNDER THE COLOR OF LAW! The easy and obvious conclusion is that any CHANGE is governed by the LAWS AND CONSTITUTIONS OF THE PEOPLE!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 10, 2008, 06:12:02 PM »

While all that you have said is true, it would also be possible through a liberal Supreme Court, a liberal Congress and the use of Executive Orders to make changes to all of this quite quickly. The Executive Order was already used once by FDR to seize property from and to incarcerate citizens of Japanese decent. With such a previous precedent, legal or not, it would not be difficult to impose martial law and to do the same thing again to anyone that may decent any of their rulings.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 10, 2008, 07:33:13 PM »

While all that you have said is true, it would also be possible through a liberal Supreme Court, a liberal Congress and the use of Executive Orders to make changes to all of this quite quickly. The Executive Order was already used once by FDR to seize property from and to incarcerate citizens of Japanese decent. With such a previous precedent, legal or not, it would not be difficult to impose martial law and to do the same thing again to anyone that may decent any of their rulings.

Brother, you're right. Frankly, I expect some violations of our Laws and Constitutions soon. At this point, this will obviously be a matter of prayer, but my first instinct will be to file charges. One way or another, it will be known whether this is still a free country OR NOT! The vast majority still thinks this is a free country bound by the RULE OF LAW AND THE PEOPLE. They might NOT want to violate and abuse the vast majority LIGHTLY! We will NOT be controlled and driven like sheep, and we will NOT give up our freedom and liberty without a FIGHT! At this point, I think that the vast MAJORITY would still quickly make this statement and MEAN IT! We always have ample volunteers to preserve our safety, liberty, freedom, and way of life. It would be a BAD MISTAKE for any ROGUE GOVERNMENT TO FORGET THIS! They would need to consider the LIKELY POSSIBILITY OF THEIR OWN IMPRISONMENT!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #897 on: November 10, 2008, 11:25:17 PM »

Obama has also yet to clarify what he meant during his July "Call to Service" speech in Colorado Springs, in which he insisted the U.S. "cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set" and needs a "civilian national security force."

This sounds like Hitlers "SS" right before WW2 started. And we know what Hitler did while he was in power!!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #898 on: November 10, 2008, 11:28:22 PM »

Obama Means to Draft Youth

We warned you America and you still blew it. We gave you THE prominent example of why it is dangerous to vote for someone solely based on a cult of personality. We explained to you that empty rhetoric is a dangerous thing. But you did it anyway.

Now, Obama’s plan for the youth of this nation has been revealed…

That’s right people. The man with the middle name Hussein is planning to enlist the youth of this nation in a mandatory service program. Kind of reminds me of the Hitler Youth.

Remember… over 100 million dead as a result of Adolf Hitler’s reign. Can we afford a repeat?

Well brother, I wouldn't put it past Obama.

Think I’m stretching in my analogy? Think again.

And Rahm Emanuel is his Goebbels. What’s next? Is Obama going to round up all the white Conservatives and ship them off to forced labor camps? I wouldn’t put it past him.

Note: Obama’s “Office of the President Elect” (no such creature by the way) website has conveniently removed the page captured in the screen-shot. He doesn’t want you to know his plans. That is the only way that he could get elected. Hitler did the same thing.

My own opinion is the same as yours brother.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 11, 2008, 11:42:05 AM »

Hamas: We met
Obama advisers
Terrorist group says campaign asked it
to keep contact secret until after election

Hamas held a meeting in the Gaza Strip several months ago with aides to President-elect Barack Obama, but the terror group was asked to keep the contacts secret until after last week's elections, according to a senior Hamas official.

Ahmed Yousef, Hamas' chief political adviser in Gaza, told the leading Al-Hayat Arabic-language newspaper Hamas has maintained regular communication with Obama aides that even continued during the past week.

"We were in contact with a number of Obama's aides through the Internet, and later met with some of them in Gaza, but they advised us not to come out with any statements, as they may have a negative effect on his election campaign and be used by Republican candidate John McCain (to attack Obama)," Yousuf told Al-Hayat.

Yousuf said Hamas's contact with Obama's advisers was ongoing, adding that relations were maintained after Obama's electoral victory last Tuesday.

Yousef could not be reached by WND for immediate comment. It wasn't clear which Obama aides Hamas is claiming to have met in Gaza. Obama's transition team did not immediately respond to a WND e-mail and phone message requesting comment.

Obama's senior foreign policy adviser, Denis McDonough, told the Jerusalem Post today, "This assertion is just plain false."

Yousef gave WND a series of recent interviews in which he praised Obama as the leading candidate. Last week, he called Obama's win a "historic victory" for the world and told WND that Hamas was sending a letter of congratulation to the president-elect.

Six months ago, Robert Malley, a Mideast expert described as an ancillary adviser to Obama, resigned amid a report in a London newspaper that he had contact with Hamas. According to media reports, Malley is again working for Obama. This time he is being dispatched to Egypt and Syria to explain Obama's positions.

Hamas is responsible for scores of suicide bombings, rocket attacks, shootings and cross-border raids. Its official charter calls for the murder of Jews and destruction of Israel. Just today, Hamas members took responsibility for launching dozens of rockets from Gaza aimed at Jewish civilian population centers.

Last week, Yousef told WND of Obama's win: "This is a historic day, a turning point. I think this is the very first time in history that one country's election concerned everyone everywhere all over [the] world. Everybody is looking forward to Obama's change, for a change in the U.S. policy, particularly in the Israeli-Palestinian equation, which is the mother of all conflicts."

Yousef said he believes an Obama administration will be more willing to engage in dialogue with Hamas.

He said Obama's job will be to "restore America's dignity in the world and put an end to the wars in the region."

Yousef took the occasion to blast the policies of President Bush, commenting he hopes "that after January the Bush administration will not be heard from again."

"We are sick of wars and conflict," the Hamas official said.

Yousef seemed aware his comments may generate some negative publicity for Obama, but he said he feels it important to "reach out and to express our thoughts and engage."

"I praised him six months ago, some people tried to use that against him. But I knew he would win. Like everyone else, we expected this important victory," he said.

Yousef was referring to an interview he gave to WND and WABC Radio in April in which he praised Obama and then found his comments had fueled a firestorm of accusations in the presidential campaign.

In April, Yousef stated he hoped Obama would become president, comparing the Illinois senator to President John F. Kennedy.

"We like Mr. Obama, and we hope that he will win the election," Yousef told WND at the time.

"I hope Mr. Obama and the Democrats will change the political discourse. ... I do believe [Obama] is like John Kennedy, a great man with a great principle. And he has a vision to change America to make it in a position to lead the world community, but not with humiliation and arrogance," Yousef said.

Sen. John McCain repeatedly used Yousef's remarks to criticize Obama's judgment foreign policy.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the