Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2024, 07:12:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286956 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 170578 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: November 16, 2008, 07:56:27 PM »

Obama’s Plan to Sell Out Israel

Barack Obama links Israel peace plan to 1967 borders deal

Barack Obama is to pursue an ambitious peace plan in the Middle East involving the recognition of Israel by the Arab world in exchange for its withdrawal to pre-1967 borders, according to sources close to America’s president-elect.

Obama intends to throw his support behind a 2002 Saudi peace initiative endorsed by the Arab League and backed by Tzipi Livni, the Israeli foreign minister and leader of the ruling Kadima party.

The proposal gives Israel an effective veto on the return of Arab refugees expelled in 1948 while requiring it to restore the Golan Heights to Syria and allow the Palestinians to establish a state capital in east Jerusalem.

On a visit to the Middle East last July, the president-elect said privately it would be “crazy” for Israel to refuse a deal that could “give them peace with the Muslim world”, according to a senior Obama adviser.

The Arab peace plan received a boost last week when President Shimon Peres, a Nobel peace laureate and leading Israeli dove, commended the initiative at a Saudi-sponsored United Nations conference in New York.

Peres was loudly applauded for telling King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, who was behind the original initiative: “I wish that your voice will become the prevailing voice of the whole region, of all people.”

A bipartisan group of senior foreign policy advisers urged Obama to give the Arab plan top priority immediately after his election victory. They included Lee Hamilton, the former co-chairman of the Iraq Study Group, and Zbigniew Brzezinski, a Democrat former national security adviser. Brzezinski will give an address tomorrow at Chatham House, the international relations think tank, in London.

Brent Scowcroft, a Republican former national security adviser, joined in the appeal. He said last week that the Middle East was the most troublesome area in the world and that an early start to the Palestinian peace process was “a way to psychologically change the mood of the region”.

Advisers believe the diplomatic climate favours a deal as Arab League countries are under pressure from radical Islamic movements and a potentially nuclear Iran. Polls show that Palestinians and Israelis are in a mood to compromise.

The advisers have told Obama he should lose no time in pursuing the policy in the first six to 12 months in office while he enjoys maximum goodwill.

Obama is also looking to break a diplomatic deadlock over Iran’s pursuit of nuclear weapons technology. A possible way forward, suggested last spring by Dennis Ross, a senior Obama adviser and former Middle East envoy, would be to persuade Russia to join in tough economic sanctions against Iran by offering to modify the US plan for a “missile shield” in eastern Europe.

President Dmitry Medvedev signalled that Russia could cancel a tit-for-tat deployment of missiles close to the Polish border if America gave up its proposed missile defences in Poland and the Czech Republic.

Ross argued in a paper on How to Talk to Iran that “if the Iranian threat goes away, so does the principal need to deploy these [antimissile] forces. [Vladimir] Putin [the Russian prime minister] has made this such a symbolic issue that this trade-off could be portrayed as a great victory for him”.

Ross and Daniel Kurtzer, a former American ambassador to Israel, accompanied Obama on a visit to Israel last July. They also travelled to Ramallah, where Obama questioned Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian leader, about the prospects for the Arab plan.

According to a Washington source Obama told Abbas: “The Israelis would be crazy not to accept this initiative. It would give them peace with the Muslim world from Indonesia to Morocco.”

Kurtzer submitted a paper to Obama on the question before this month’s presidential elections. He argued that trying to reach bilateral peace agreements between Israel and individual countries in the Middle East, was a recipe for failure as the record of Bill Clinton and George W Bush showed. In contrast, the broader Arab plan “had a lot of appeal”. A leading Democratic expert on the Middle East said: “There’s not a lot of meat on the bones yet, but it offers recognition of Israel across the Arab world.”

Livni, the leader of Kadima, which favours the plan, is the front-runner in Israeli elections due in February. Her rival, Benjamin Netanyahu, the leader of Likud, is adamantly against withdrawing to borders that predate the Six Day war in 1967.

Ehud Olmert, the prime minister, last week expressed his support for Israel’s withdrawal from the West Bank Golan and east Jerusalem.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #931 on: November 16, 2008, 09:09:38 PM »

Russian president eager to talk with Obama
November 15, 2008

WASHINGTON (CNN)  -- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said that a "crisis of confidence" exists between Russia and the United States but that he has "great aspirations" for the incoming Obama administration.

Medvedev, in Washington for the G-20 economic summit, said he hoped to meet with President-elect Barack Obama soon.

"We have that understanding," he said. (HUH??  Huh  Sounds like there have been aragments already made, between Medvedev and Obama.)

Medvedev has expressed concern that a U.S. missile-defense program that would put radar and missiles in the Czech Republic and Poland would threaten Russia.

Medvedev announced this month that Russia would place short-range ballistic missiles near its border with Poland, in Kaliningrad, to defend Russia from the U.S. missiles. The State Department had responded by calling the announcement "disappointing."

However, Medvedev backpedaled from the statement last week and continued to do so Saturday, saying Russia "really does not want to deploy anything." He added that Russia "will not do anything until the U.S. takes the first step."

Medvedev said Russia and the U.S. have to agree on a global system to protect against rogue states and that he is ready to discuss it with the new president.

The "first signals" he has received from the Obama administration, he said, are that they "are willing to think about it and not just rubber-stamp it," referring to the anti-missile system.

Obama's advisers have said that he has made "no commitment" to plans for a missile defense program in eastern Europe, despite claims from Polish President Lech Kaczynski this month.

"President Kaczynski raised missile defense, but President-elect Obama made no commitment on it. His position is as it was throughout the campaign: that he supports deploying a missile defense system when the technology is proved to be workable," adviser Denis McDonough said November 8.

Russian president eager to talk with Obama

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 16, 2008, 09:20:09 PM »

Well I suppose we should look on the bright side...Jesus is coming back really soon Grin

AMEN! - MOST DEFINITELY! - AND, I do think this time is getting closer by the day. I'm tired and want to go HOME. I really am hoping and praying that most Christians understand this world isn't our HOME. I understand this and think about it all of the time. In fact, all of GOD'S Promises are FUTURE FACTS, and we need to keep our eyes on JESUS. By the way, their won't be any bargaining with GOD. GOD told us exactly how things would be thousands of years ago.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 12:1-2 NASB  Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 16, 2008, 10:18:04 PM »

Remember what Mom said: "If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all"?
Well, sorry Mom.  Obama is a punk and a traitor.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 10:33:09 PM by grammyluv » Logged

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 16, 2008, 10:38:24 PM »

Sister, in order to be a traitor you must first have belonged in order then to turn against. I seriously don't think that Obama has ever really been an American to begin with.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 16, 2008, 11:01:43 PM »

Sister, in order to be a traitor you must first have belonged in order then to turn against. I seriously don't think that Obama has ever really been an American to begin with.

I believe you're right.  I just hope that they can prove it.  Or rather that the powers that be wll let them prove it and quit blocking it.

On another note....with all this global warming I have a craving for icecream so I'm going to walk across the street and get me some!  I'm thinking I might put in an old Sherlock Holmes movie to watch with my icecream.  If I don't see ya later...I'll be back tomorrow. 

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 16, 2008, 11:33:37 PM »

I believe you're right.  I just hope that they can prove it.  Or rather that the powers that be wll let them prove it and quit blocking it.

On another note....with all this global warming I have a craving for icecream so I'm going to walk across the street and get me some!  I'm thinking I might put in an old Sherlock Holmes movie to watch with my icecream.  If I don't see ya later...I'll be back tomorrow. 

Watson says, "My Dear Holmes, you'll have to eat that ice cream outside to have any positive effect on global warming."  (Small Print:  If you turn on the stove for even 15 seconds over the next week, all progress and more will be lost.) Our research department says that the only way to heat anything without losing your progress is to microwave inside of the refrigerator.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 17, 2008, 12:04:27 PM »

What was she thinking when she wore that dress??

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 17, 2008, 12:35:48 PM »

lol  that is fitting also perhaps but I was thinking of the rising of a red sun when I saw it, a symbol given to communism.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #939 on: November 17, 2008, 08:56:23 PM »

What was she thinking when she wore that dress??

I will keep my comments to myself, for a change!!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 18, 2008, 02:12:46 PM »

Cabinet post for Clinton roils Obamaland   

Barack Obama's serious flirtation with his one-time rival, Hillary Clinton, over the post of secretary of State has been welcomed by everyone from Henry Kissinger to Bill Clinton as an effective, grand gesture by the president-elect.

It's not playing quite as well, however, in some precincts of Obamaland. From his supporters on the progressive wing of the Democratic Party, to campaign aides of the soon-to-be commander-in-chief, there's a sense of ambivalence about giving a top political plum to a woman they spent 18 months hammering as the compromised standard-bearer of an era that deserves to be forgotten.

"These are people who believe in this stuff more than Barack himself does," said a Democrat close to Obama's campaign. "These guys didn't put together a campaign in order to turn the government over to the Clintons."

An overlooked theme in Obama's primary victory was his belief that the Clinton legacy was not, as the Clintons imagined, a pure political positive. The Obama campaign had no compunctions about poking holes in that legacy and even sent out mailings stressing the downside of the last "8 years of the Clintons" – enraging the former president in particular.

And the clearest opposition to the Clinton appointment comes from Obama's backers on the left of his own party, whose initial support for him was motivated in part by a distaste for the Clinton dynasty, and who now view her reemergence with some dismay.

"There's always a risk of a Cabinet member freelancing and that risk is enhanced by the fact that Hillary has her own public and her own celebrity and that she comes attached to Bill," said Robert Kuttner, a Clinton critic and co-editor of the American Prospect whose new book, Obama's Challenge, implores the president-elect to adopt an expansive liberal agenda. "The other question is the old rule – never hire somebody you can't fire. What happens if her views and his views don't mesh?"

"The silver lining, for those of us who are skeptical, is that it drastically limits the number of other Clinton administration alums that he can appoint, and that's a blessing," Kuttner said.

Kuttner hastened to add that Clinton is "very smart" and capable, and that her appointment would be "greeted very well worldwide. And other Democratic foreign policy thinkers who are eager to work in, or with, the Obama administration declined to comment on the record, though they noted that foreign policy was an area that marked some of the deepest disagreements between Clinton and Obama.

Some key Obama-Clinton differences: Whether to meet face-to-face with leaders of hostile regimes (he was more open to the idea than she was) and her vote to authorize the war in Iraq.

"The specific policy area at issue seems to be one in which the two of them aren't all that well-aligned," wrote the liberal blogger Matthew Yglesias.

On Capitol Hill, however, even some of the left’s most normally unshrinking violets publicly backed a plan that appears to be almost a fait accompli.

"Sen. Clinton is one of the brightest people in Congress and she would be an excellent choice," Vermont's independent senator, Bernie Sanders, told Politico through a spokesman.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #941 on: November 19, 2008, 01:47:00 AM »

Former Obama opponent now suing to prove President-elect's citizenship
By Rich Rogers
Nov 18, 2008 at 9:52 AM EST

SACRAMENTO, Calif.- A former opponent of Barack Obama's has come back to haunt him over questions regarding Obama's citizenship.

According to a press release from the American Independent Party, former presidential candidate Alan Keyes and other members of the party have filed suit in California Superior Court in Sacramento to stop the state from giving its electoral votes to President-elect Barack Obama until documentary evidence is provided to prove Obama is indeed a natural born citizen of the United States.

Keyes also ran against Obama as a Republican for the U.S. Senate seat in Illinois in 2004. Obama won that election to serve his first and only term in the U.S. Senate.

The Obama campaign countered similar accusations early in 2008 by posting Obama's certification of live birth, and saying: "Barack Obama was born in the state of Hawaii in 1961, a native citizen of the United States of America."

A copy of this document is available from the Obama campaign:

In October the Hawaii State Health Department declared the certificate is genuine.

Former Obama opponent now suing to prove President-elect's citizenship

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 19, 2008, 12:23:04 PM »

Al-Qaida No. 2 insults Obama in new audio message 

Nov 19 09:50 Associated Press         

CAIRO,Egypt (AP) - Al-Qaida No. 2 Ayman al-Zawahri insulted Barack Obama in the terror group's first reaction to his election, calling him a demeaning racial term implying that the president-elect is a black American who does the bidding of whites.
The message appeared chiefly aimed at persuading Muslims and Arabs that Obama does not represent a change in U.S. policies. Al-Zawahri said in the message, which appeared on militant Web sites Wednesday, that Obama is "the direct opposite of honorable black Americans" like Malcolm X, the 1960s African-American rights leader.

Al-Zawahri also called Obama—along with secretaries of state Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice—"house negroes."

Speaking in Arabic, al-Zawahri uses the term "abeed al-beit," which literally translates as "house slaves." But al-Qaida supplied English subtitles of his speech that included the translation as "house negroes."

The message also includes old footage of speeches by Malcolm X in which he explains the term, saying black slaves who worked in their white masters' house were more servile than those who worked in the fields. Malcolm X used the term to criticize black leaders he accused of not standing up to whites.

The 11-minute 23-second video features the audio message by al-Zawahri, who appears only in a still image, along with other images, including one of Obama wearing a Jewish skullcap as he meets with Jewish leaders. In his speech, al-Zawahri refers to a Nov. 5 U.S. airstrike attack in Afghanistan, meaning the video was made after that date.

Al-Zawahri said Obama's election has not changed American policies he said are aimed at oppressing Muslims and others.

"America has put on a new face, but its heart full of hate, mind drowning in greed, and spirit which spreads evil, murder, repression and despotism continue to be the same as always," the deputy of al-Qaida chief Osama bin Laden said.

He said Obama's plan to shift troops to Afghanistan is doomed to failure, because Afghans will resist.

"Be aware that the dogs of Afghanistan have found the flesh of your soldiers to be delicious, so send thousands after thousands to them," he said.

Al-Zawahri did not threaten specific attacks, but warned Obama that he was "facing a Jihadi (holy war) awakening and renaissance which is shaking the pillars of the entire Islamic world; and this is the fact which you and your government and country refuse to recognize and pretend not to see."

He said Obama's victory showed Americans acknowledged that President George W. Bush's policies were a failure and that the result was an "admission of defeat in Iraq."

But Obama's professions of support for Israel during the election campaign "confirmed to the Ummah (Islamic world) that you have chosen a stance of hostility to Islam and Muslims," al-Zawahri said.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 19, 2008, 12:41:31 PM »

I just wish that the terrorists would make their minds up about where they want to stay, Iraq or Afghanistan. It would be convenient for them to all stay in one place long enough to be destroyed! We should be happy to join them wherever they go.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 19, 2008, 12:43:50 PM »

Obama pledges state to Palestinian leader
Follows report Democrat confided he supports dividing Jerusalem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: November 18, 2008
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

JERUSALEM – President-elect Barack Obama today phoned Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and pledged to work to establish a Palestinian state as soon as possible, a senior PA negotiator told WND.

"Obama expressed his full support for a Palestinian state. He told the president (Abbas) he will continue to promote the peace process, which will end with a two-state solution," said the PA's second most senior negotiator, Saeb Erekat.

"Obama said he will keep working in collaboration with the Israeli government and PA to reach a final solution. He said he'll do everything in his power to help create a Palestinian state as soon as we can," Erekat told WND.

It was the first phone call between Abbas and Obama, Erekat added.

Obama's transition spokesman Nick Shapiro did not immediately return a WND e-mail and phone request seeking comment.

The call comes two weeks after a reported flair-up on Election Day in which a senior Palestinian official told WND the Obama campaign urged Palestinian officials to deny an Arab media report that the then-Democratic nominee confided to Palestinian leadership that he supports their right to a capital in eastern Jerusalem.

The episode began after a Lebanese newspaper story Nov. 3 quoted sources in Ramallah who claimed that in a meeting in July with Abbas and Prime Minister Salam Fayyad, the two heard from Obama "the best things they ever heard from an American presidential candidate."
The report in the Al-Akhbar daily, known to have close contacts to Palestinian leaders in Lebanon, claimed Obama told Abbas and Fayyad he "supports the rights of the Palestinians to east Jerusalem, as well as their right to a stable, sovereign state," but he petitioned them to keep the remarks confidential.

Asked for comment by WND, chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat at the time would neither confirm nor deny knowledge of Obama's purported remarks. Abbas political adviser Namer Hamad subsequently issued a denial to reporters.

But a senior official confirmed to WND that Obama said in a July trip to the region he favored a "negotiated settlement" that may grant the PA control over sections of Jerusalem.

The official, a longtime reliable source, claimed to WND that Obama advisers on Election Day engaged in a series of intense conversations asking that Abbas' office issue a denial.
The Lebanese report echoed a similar exclusive WND article immediately following Obama's meeting with Abbas and Fayyad in which a senior Palestinian source said Obama informed the Palestinians he supports a "negotiated settlement" that may grant the PA control over sections of Jerusalem.

"He assured us there was a misunderstanding when he said in [June] he supports the Israelis' rights to hold on to Jerusalem," the PA official, who took part in the meeting with Obama, told WND at the time. "He told us he corrected this right away and that he supports a negotiated settlement that will give the Palestinians territory."

The official was referring to a speech Obama delivered in June to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee in which he stated if he is elected president, "Jerusalem would remain the capital of Israel and it must remain undivided."

Immediately following the speech, Obama reversed himself during a CNN appearance, explaining he meant Jerusalem shouldn't be physically divided with a partition.

"Well, obviously, it's going to be up to the parties to negotiate a range of these issues. And Jerusalem will be part of those negotiations," he said in response to a question about whether Palestinians have a legitimate claim to the city.

Obama said that "as a practical matter, it would be very difficult to execute" a division of the city.

"And I think that it is smart for us to, to work through a system in which everybody has access to the extraordinary religious sites in Old Jerusalem but that Israel has a legitimate claim on that city."

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the