Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 05:47:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286953 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 169773 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: November 19, 2008, 12:45:25 PM »

I just wish that the terrorists would make their minds up about where they want to stay, Iraq or Afghanistan. It would be convenient for them to all stay in one place long enough to be destroyed! We should be happy to join them wherever they go.

Yes.  A trip to the south pacific on leaky boat would be nice.

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: November 19, 2008, 01:32:56 PM »

Ayers: It was 'stupid' to honor Sirhan Sirhan
Dedicated communist manifesto to Robert F. Kennedy's assassin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: November 18, 2008
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON – Bill Ayers, the former Weather Underground extremist with extensive links to president-elect Barack Obama, dedicated his book to Sirhan Sirhan, Robert F. Kennedy's assassin, then denied it, then admitted it and now says maybe it wasn't the right thing to do.

Ayers dedicated his 1974 book, "Prairie Fire: The Politics of Revolutionary Anti-Imperialism," to "political prisoners," specifically listing Sirhan Sirhan, the man who was found guilty of murdering Kennedy during the 1968 presidential campaign. Sirhan was given a life sentence.

WND previously reported Ayers' decision to dedicate the book to the killer.

However, when asked about the dedication at a book signing, Ayers said recently, "Absolutely, that wasn't a dedication."

He then backtracked a little, confirming that the dedication in "Prairie Fire" was "as a manifesto to all political prisoners."

He then said he regretted naming Sirhan Sirhan in the dedication.

"If I were writing a book like that today, I would dedicate it to 2.1 million people in prison. I think it was a stupid thing to single him out but, I also think that we have created a monster in the prison system, and we ought to abolish the prisons."
Ayers was part of the Weather Underground terrorist organization that bombed the U.S. Capitol and the Pentagon. He stated in 2001 he had no regrets and wished he could have done more. His book is the ideological manifesto of the Weather Underground and is expressly communist, advocating violence against the government.
Ayers and Obama worked side-by-side on the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a school reform program, and also served together on the board of the Woods Fund, a Chicago charity. Obama has described Ayers as a "just a guy who lives in my neighborhood" while Ayers has called Obama a "family friend."

The weblog Dakota Voice cited a passage from the book:

We are a guerrilla organization. We are communist women and men, underground in the United States for more than four years. We are deeply affected by the historic events of our time in the struggle against U.S. imperialism.
Our intention is to disrupt the empire, to incapacitate it, to put pressure on the cracks, to make it hard to carry out its bloody functioning against the people of the world, to join the world struggle, to attack from the inside.

Our intention is to engage the enemy, to wear away at him, to harass him, to isolate him, to expose every weakness, to pounce, to reveal his vulnerability.

Our intention is to encourage the people, to provoke leaps in confidence and consciousness, to stir the imagination, to popularize power, to agitate, to organize, to join in every way possible the people's day-to-day struggles.

Our intention is to forge an underground, a clandestine political organization engaged in every form of struggle, protected from the eyes and weapons of the state, a base against repression, to accumulate lessons, experience and constant practice, a base from which to attack.

"This book contains terrorist, Marxist, anti-American writings that should make the blood of any red-blooded American boil," Dakota Voice said. "Stop and consider for a moment that Barack Obama allowed this America-hating terrorist help launch his political career in his living room. That Barack Obama worked with this man on the board of the Annenberg Challenge and the Woods Fund. That they sat together on panels like the one over juvenile justice."According to several online biographies,
Sirhan, who remains imprisoned in California, was an Arab who had emigrated to the U.S. and reportedly was disturbed by Kennedy's pro-Israel positions.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: November 20, 2008, 09:49:08 AM »

Supremes to review
Barack's citizenship
Case challenging his name
on ballot set for 'conference'

A case that challenges President-elect Barack Obama's name on the 2008 election ballot citing questions over his citizenship has been scheduled for a "conference" at the U.S. Supreme Court.

Conferences are private meetings of the justices at which they review cases and decide which ones to accept for formal review. This case is set for a conference Dec. 5, just 10 days before the Electoral College is scheduled to meet to make formal the election of Obama as the nation's next president.

The Supreme Court's website listed the date for the case brought by Leo C. Donofrio against Nina Wells, the secretary of state in New Jersey, over not only Obama's name on the 2008 election ballot but those of two others, Sen. John McCain and Roger Calero.

The case, unsuccessful at the state level, had been submitted to Justice David Souter, who rejected it. The case then was resubmitted to Justice Clarence Thomas. The next line on the court's docket says: "DISTRIBUTED for Conference of December 5, 2008."

If four of the nine justices vote to hear the case in full, oral argument may be scheduled.

The action questions whether any of the three candidates is qualified under the U.S. Constitution's requirement that a president be a "natural-born citizen."

According to America's Right blogger Jeff Schreiber, there also was a development in a second case presented to the Supreme Court on the same issue.

His report said the Federal Election Commission now has waived its right to respond to a complaint brought by attorney Philip Berg.

"There are a number of reasons why the respondents here would choose not to respond. First, because the court only grants between 70 and 120 of the 8,000 or so petitions it receives every year, perhaps they just liked their odds of Berg's petition getting denied. Second, because they have made arguments as to Berg's lack of standing several times at the district court level and beyond, perhaps they felt as though any arguments had already been made and were available on the record. Or, perhaps the waiver shows that the FEC and other respondents do not take seriously the allegations put forth by Berg, and did not wish to legitimize the claims with a response," the blogger speculated.

"Another thing which is not completely clear is whether the FEC is filing for itself or on behalf of all respondents," he added.

"If it were just the FEC filing the waiver, I must say that I'm surprised," Berg told America's Right. "I'm surprised because I think they should take the position that the Supreme Court should grant standing to us. I think they have a responsibility not only to Phil Berg, but to all citizens of this country, to put forth a sense of balance which otherwise doesn't seem to exist.

"However, if this was filed by the FEC on behalf of the DNC and Barack Obama too, it reeks of collusion," he said, noting that the attorney from the Solicitor General's office should be representing federal respondents and not the DNC or Obama.

But he noted that "questions surrounding this aspect of Obama's candidacy are seemingly beginning to see the light of day."

Just last week, WND reported on worries over a "constitutional crisis" that could be looming over the issue of Obama's citizenship.

Former presidential candidate Alan Keyes and others filed a court petition in California asking the secretary of state to refuse to allow the state's 55 Electoral College votes to be cast in the 2008 presidential election until Obama verifies his eligibility to hold the office.

The disputes all cite "natural-born citizen" requirement set by the U.S. Constitution.

WND senior reporter Jerome Corsi even traveled to Kenya and Hawaii prior to the election to investigate issues surrounding Obama's birth. But his research and discoveries only raised more questions.

The biggest question is why Obama, if a Hawaii birth certificate exists as his campaign has stated, simply hasn't ordered it made available to settle the rumors.

The governor's office in Hawaii said there is a valid certificate but rejected requests for access and left ambiguous its origin: Does the certificate on file with the Department of Health indicate a Hawaii birth or was it generated after the Obama family registered a Kenyan birth in Hawaii?

Obama's half-sister, Maya Soetoro, has named two different Hawaii hospitals where Obama could have been born. There have been other allegations that Obama actually was born in Kenya during a time when his father was a British subject.

The California action was filed by Gary Kreep of the United States Justice Foundation on behalf of Keyes, the presidential candidate of the American Independent Party, along with Wiley S. Drake and Markham Robinson, both California electors.

"Should Senator Obama be discovered, after he takes office, to be ineligible for the Office of President of the United States of America and, thereby, his election declared void, Petitioners, as well as other Americans, will suffer irreparable harm in that (a) usurper will be sitting as the President of the United States, and none of the treaties, laws, or executive orders signed by him will be valid or legal," the action challenges.

An Obama spokesman interviewed by WND described such lawsuits as "garbage."

The popular vote Nov. 4 favored Obama over Sen. John McCain by several percentage points. But because of the distribution of the votes, Obama is projected to take the Electoral College vote, when it is held in December, by a 2-to-1 margin.

The California case states, "There is a reasonable and common expectation by the voters that to qualify for the ballot, the individuals running for office must meet minimum qualifications as outlined in the federal and state Constitutions and statutes, and that compliance with those minimum qualifications has been confirmed by the officials overseeing the election process," the complaint said, when in fact the only documentation currently required is a signed statement from the candidate attesting to those qualifications.

"Since [the secretary of state] has, as its core, the mission of certifying and establishing the validity of the election process, this writ seeks a Court Order barring SOS from certifying the California Electors until documentary proof that Senator Obama is a 'natural born' citizen of the United States of America is received by her," the document said.

"This proof could include items such as his original birth certificate, showing the name of the hospital and the name and the signature of the doctor, all of his passports with immigration stamps, and verification from the governments where the candidate has resided, verifying that he did not, and does not, hold citizenship of these countries, and any other documents that certify an individual’s citizenship and/or qualification for office.

The "certificate of live birth" posted by the Obama campaign cannot be viewed as authoritative, the case alleges.

Get the book that started it all – Jerome Corsi's "The Obama Nation," personally autographed for only $4.95 – an amazing $23 discount!

"Hawaii Revised Statute 338-178 allows registration of birth in Hawaii for a child that was born outside of Hawaii to parents who, for a year preceding the child’s birth, claimed Hawaii as their place of residence," the document said. "The only way to know where Senator Obama was actually born is to view Senator Obama's original birth certificate from 1961 that shows the name of the hospital and the name and signature of the doctor that delivered him."

The case also raises the circumstances of Obama's time during his youth in Indonesia, where he was listed as having Indonesian citizenship. Indonesia does not allow dual citizenship, raising the possibility of Obama's mother having given up his U.S. citizenship.

Any subsequent U.S. citizenship then, the case claims, would be "naturalized," not "natural-born."

WND has reported other challenges that have been raised in Ohio, Connecticut, Washington, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Hawaii.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 20, 2008, 09:51:18 AM »

The Obama example

Next time you move to another state and need a new driver's license, try this: Refuse to produce the birth certificate or any other personal information required by the department of motor vehicles. Just explain that a facsimile of the required document is posted on your website and give the clerk the domain name.

Tell them: "I'm following the example of President-elect Barack Obama. If he didn't need to produce a birth certificate to establish his eligibility to be president of the United States, why would you require me to produce one to get a lousy driver's license?"

See if it flies.

Your new employer requests a Social Security number he can provide the Internal Revenue Service so the federal government can be sure to grab its share of your money before you ever get a chance to touch it or see it, let alone spend it. Just explain that it would be an invasion of your privacy to give it to the company for identification purposes because your Social Security number was never intended for that purpose by act of Congress.

Tell them: "I'm following the example of President-elect Barack Obama. If he didn't need to produce a birth certificate to establish his eligibility to be president of the United States, surely you cannot require me to produce a Social Security card to be employed."

See if you get that job.

Better yet, all you illegal aliens out there, apply for any high-security government job. When the agency asks you to prove your citizenship, take the Obama position.

Tell them: "I'm following the example of President-elect Barack Obama. If he didn't need to produce a birth certificate to any controlling legal authority to establish his eligibility to assume the highest office in the land, how dare you ask me to prove my eligibility for this lousy job?"

I don't see how it can fail. Do you?

These are some of the thoughts going through my mind as I sit in bemusement at the prospect of the swearing in and inauguration of the next president two months from now – when a president-elect (assuming the Electoral College gives him the same kind of free pass election authorities and my colleagues in the "watchdog press" have given him to date) takes over the leadership of the executive branch of government.

There's just two months left before we witness one of the gravest attacks ever on the literal meaning of the U.S. Constitution.

Isn't it fitting that a so-called "constitutional scholar" – a former law professor – will be the one to deliver this fateful blow?

At that point, those who subscribe to the theory that we have a "living Constitution," one that means different things to different people at different times in history, will have experienced their crowning achievement – the induction of a president whose very eligibility for the office is questioned by millions of Americans who are told they don't have any standing in courts to demand actual proof.

There are only three plausible explanations, I have been able to come up with, as to why Barack Obama steadfastly refuses to produce the portion of his alleged Hawaiian birth certificate that actually shows where he was born and when:

* He doesn't want to do so because he deliberately seeks to undermine the specific constitutional requirement.

* He has something else to hide that would be revealed by making this document public – perhaps.

* He can't because it would show conclusively he was not born in a Hawaiian hospital.

Can anyone think of another reason?

I've put that challenge out there for millions of readers and not one has provided another possibility.

Yet, here we are – and here we go.

Personally, I think Barack Obama can establish his eligibility to be president. At the end of the day, I think we'll learn the truth. But, in the meantime, the man likely to become the next president is sure providing a lousy example of openness, leadership and citizenship for the rest of us.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: November 20, 2008, 12:51:35 PM »

A Commentary...

Understanding Obama: The Making of a Fuehrer 
By Ali Sina 

I must confess, I was not impressed by Sen. Barack Obama from the first time I saw him. At first I was excited to see a black candidate. He looked youthful, spoke well, appeared to be confident, a wholesome presidential package. I was put off soon, not just because of his shallowness but also because there was an air of haughtiness in his demeanor that was unsettling. His posture and his body language were louder than his empty words. Obama's speeches are unlike any political speech we have heard in American history. Never a politician in this land had such a quasi "religious" impact on so many people. The fact that Obama is a total incognito with zero accomplishment makes this inexplicable infatuation alarming.

Obama is not  an ordinary man. He is not a genius. In fact, he is quite ignorant on most important subjects. Barack Obama is a narcissist. Dr. Sam Vaknin, the author of "Malignant Self Love," also believes, "Barack Obama appears to be a narcissist."  Vaknin is a world authority on narcissism. He understands it and describes the inner mind of a narcissist like no other person. When he talks about narcissism everyone listens.
Vaknin says that Obama's language, posture and demeanor, and the testimonies of his closest, nearest and dearest suggest that the Senator is either a narcissist or he may have narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). 

Narcissists project a grandiose but false image of themselves. Jim Jones, the charismatic leader of People's Temple, the man who led over 900 of his followers to cheerfully commit mass suicide and even murder their own children was also a narcissist. Charles Manson, Joseph Koni, Shoko Asahara, Joe Stalin, Saddam, Mao Zedong, Kim Jong IL, and Adolph Hitler are a few examples of narcissists of our time.
All these men had a tremendous influence over their fanciers and followers. They created a personality cult around themselves, and with their blazing speeches elevated their admirer's souls, filled their hearts with enthusiasm and instilled in their minds a new zest for life. Those men gave their followers hope! They promised them the moon, but alas, they invariably brought them to their doom. When you are a victim of a cult of personality, you don't know it until it is too late.

One determining factor in the development of NPD is childhood abuse. "Obama's early life was decidedly chaotic and replete with traumatic and mentally bruising dislocations," says Vaknin. "Mixed-race marriages were even less common then. His parents went through a divorce when he was an infant (two years old). Obama saw his father only once again, before he died in a car accident. His mother re-married and Obama had to relocate to Indonesia, a foreign land with a radically foreign culture, to be raised by a stepfather. He was raised as an only child, full of himself and no others. He never had to share the spotlight with any siblings. At the age of ten,  he was whisked off to live with his maternal (white) grandparents. He saw his mother only intermittently in the following few years and then she vanished from his life in 1979. She died of cancer in 1995." 

One must never underestimate the manipulative genius of pathological narcissists.  They project such an imposing personality that it overwhelms those around them. Charmed by the charisma of the narcissist, people become like clay in his hands. They cheerfully do his bidding and delight to be at his service. The narcissist shapes the world around him and reduces others in his own inverted image. He creates a cult of personality; his admirers become his co-dependents.  Narcissists have no interest in things that do not help them to reach their personal objectives. They are focused on one thing alone, and that is power. All other issues are meaningless to them and they do not want to waste their precious time on trivialities. Anything that does not help them is beneath them and does not deserve their attention.
If an issue raised in the Senate does not help Obama in one way or another, he has no interest in it. The "Present" vote is a safe vote; he used the "Present" all the time as a member of the Illinois legislature. No one can criticize him if things go wrong. Why should he implicate himself in issues that may become controversial when they don't help him personally? Those issues are unworthy by their very nature because they are not about him. 

Obama's election as the first black president of the Harvard Law Review led to a contract and an advance to write a book about race relations. The University of Chicago Law School provided him with a fellowship and an office to work on his book. The book took him a lot longer than expected and at the end it devolved into., guess what? His own autobiography! Instead of writing a scholarly paper focusing on race relations, for which he had been paid, Obama could not resist writing about his most sublime self. He entitled the book "Dreams from My Father."  Not surprisingly, Adolph Hitler also wrote his own autobiography when he was still nobody. So did Stalin.
For a narcissist no subject is as important as his own self. Why would he waste his precious time and genius writing about insignificant things when he can write about such an august being as himself? Narcissists are often callous and even ruthless. As the norm, they lack conscience.

This is evident from Obama's lack of interest in his own brother who lives on only one dollar per month. A man who lives in luxury, who takes a private jet to vacation in Hawaii, and who has raised nearly a half billion dollars for his campaign (something unprecedented in history) has no interest in the plight of his own brother. Why? His brother cannot  be used for his ascent to power. A narcissist cares for no one but himself. 

This election is like no other election in the history of America. The issues are insignificant compared to what is at stake. What can be more dangerous than having a man bereft of a conscience, a serial liar, and one who cannot distinguish his fantasies from reality as the leader of the free world? 
I hate to sound alarmist, but one must be a fool if one is not alarmed. Many politicians are narcissists. They pose no threat to others. They are simply self-serving and selfish. [Witness Al Gore's Income Tax; it reveals that he gave away NO MONEY to charities, not even to a church!] Obama evinces symptoms of pathological narcissism, which is different from the run-of-the-mill narcissism of a Richard Nixon or Bill Clinton, for example.
To him reality and fantasy are intertwined. This is a mental health issue, not just a character flaw. Pathological narcissists are dangerous because they look normal and even intelligent. It is this disguise that makes them treacherous. [Look up the word 'treachery.'] 

Today the Democrats have placed all their hopes in Obama. But this man could put an end to their party [and to this great nation]. The great majority of blacks have also decided to vote for Obama. Only a fool does not know that their support for him is racially driven.  This is racism, pure and simple. The truth is that, while everyone carries a misconceived collective guilt towards blacks for wrongs done centuries ago by a bygone people to a bygone people, the blacks carry a collective rancor, enmity or vendetta towards non-blacks, and to this day want to "stand up" to the white man. They seem to be stuck in 19th century [encouraged by race baiters like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and others]. 
The downside of this is, that if Obama turns out to be the disaster I predict, he will cause widespread resentment among the whites. The blacks are unlikely to give up their support of their man. Cultic mentality is pernicious and unrelenting. They will dig their heads deeper in the sand and blame Obama's detractors of racism. This will cause a backlash among the whites. The white supremacists will take advantage of the discontent and they will receive widespread support. I predict that in less than four years, racial tensions will increase to levels not seen since the turbulent 1960s.

Obama will set the clock back decades. America the bastion of freedom. The peace of the world depends on the strength of America, and its weakness translates into the triumph of terrorism and victory of rogue nations. It is no wonder that Ahmadinejad, Hugo Chavez, the Maoist Castroists, the Hezbollah, the Hamas, the lawyers of the Guantanamo terrorists, and virtually all sworn enemies of America are so thrilled by the prospect of "their man" in the White House. America is on the verge of destruction. There is no insanity greater than electing a pathological narcissist as president.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #950 on: November 20, 2008, 08:44:43 PM »

Elections Officials May Audit Obama's Fundraising
Wednesday, November 19, 2008 6:01 PM
By: Kenneth R. Timmerman

According to a published report this week, the Federal Election Commission is unlikely to vote to audit the Obama campaign finances, and will sweep aside a formal demand for an full audit that was filed by the Republican National Committee on Oct. 6.

But interviews with current and former FEC officials, as well as a review of FEC commissioners' public statements, suggest that the commission could pursue an “audit for cause” of the Obama campaign, based in part on allegations of widespread fraud and illegal donors as reported by Newsmax.com and other publications during the election season.

“There are standards in a bureaucratic sense for who might be eligible for an audit for cause,” said FEC spokesman Bob Biersack. “Those are objective standards. Committees that meet those standards are eligible to be audited.”

Confusion or concern with information in the campaign finance reports submitted by the committees are generally what trigger such an audit, Biersack said.

Such concerns can include a significant number of donors who have exceeded the limits of $2,300 per election. According to the Obama campaign’s own disclosures, more than 4,000 of its donors fit that bill.

Those concerns also can include receiving money from foreign donors. The FEC compiled a list last month of more than 16,000 contributions from overseas sources. A Newsmax survey of roughly one-fifth of those names found 118 individuals who appeared to be foreign citizens.

The Republican National Committee based its demand for an audit of the Obama campaign on reports from Newsmax and other media organizations that suggested widespread irregularities, including taking money from foreign donors and from donors with fictitious names.

“We’re still awaiting action on our complaint and will press forward,” RNC spokesman Alex Conant told Newsmax on Friday.

Three Republicans and three Democrats now sit on the FEC as commissioners. But the commission was crippled until June because of partisan wrangling.

Helping impede the FEC was the junior senator from Illinois, Barack Obama, who placed a “hold” on a Republican nominee in October 2007. That action had the effect of keeping the commission on the sideline for the entire primary season.

But will the commission act now? Incoming commissioners Don McGahn, a Republican, and Cynthia Bauerly, a Democrat, insisted that they would hear cases at the FEC in terms of their merits, not party affiliation.

Even though they had worked on partisan campaigns in the past, Bauerly told senators during her confirmation hearing in May that “the most important determination is to be objective and to read the law as objectively and fairly as possible.”

McGahn said he doesn't believe commissioners are partisans. “Ultimately, the commission’s core constituency is the general public,” he said at the May 21 hearing.

Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt dismissed talk of an audit “We have had a first rate compliance operation for an unprecedented national grassroots fundraising effort,” he told reporters this week.

But the Obama campaign more often than not failed to respond within the statutory 60 day limit to the more than dozen letters it received from the FEC asking for clarification of apparent foreign donors, or the refund of excess contributions, a Newsmax review of the correspondence shows.

For example, on April 15, the FEC asked the Obama campaign to refund or reassign contributions from two brothers in the Gaza Strip, Hosam and Monir Edwan. Together, they had given more than $31,000 to the Obama campaign. But much of the money had yet to be returned three months later.

Most of the contributions from the Edwan brothers were made in October 2007, so the Obama campaign was able to use the money for cash flow when it needed it the most and when the FEC was down to just two commissioners.

In the April 15 letter, the FEC failed to point out that the two brothers had listed their address as “Gaza Strip, Rafah,” and had obviously used a foreign currency credit card to make the donations.

On May 6, the FEC questioned excessive contributions from a woman identified as Deborah Heitz of La Canada, Calif. As of Jan. 31, she had given $17,900 to the campaign, nearly eight times the limit per election.

In this case, the Obama campaign began refunding the money soon afterwards. But once again, they had gained precious cash flow at the peak of the primary campaign, without ever paying a price.

On June 25, FEC analysts sent the Obama campaign a sharply worded notice with a 58-page single-spaced list of donors whose contributions were over the limits.

The June 25 letter first identified excess contributions from a donor named “Will, Good” from Austin, Texas.

The list of Mr. Good Will’s contributions the FEC sent the Obama campaign ran seven pages. And yet, the campaign was slow to start returning the money.

As Newsmax revealed in September, the Obama campaign still showed a positive balance from Mr. Good Will of $8,950 as of their Sept. 20, 2008 report to the FEC, three months after they were warned about these contributions in June.

The FEC letters all include a stern warning, “Failure to adequately respond by the response date noted above could result in an audit or enforcement action.”

And yet, despite repeated delays or just downright refusals to respond to the FEC letters, the Obama campaign has yet not been audited nor has the FEC announced any enforcement action.

Massie Ritsch, a spokesman for the Center for Responsive Politics, saw little reason for an audit. “The assumption is, the more money you raise, the less potential there is for any single individual or groups of individuals to corrupt your campaign.”

There had been “a few instances of contributions that shouldn’t have made their way into the Obama campaign or the McCain campaign,” he said. But when it came to Obama, “the corrupting influence of a few contributions here or there that shouldn’t have made it in the door is negligible.”

The Center for Responsive Politics lobbied heavily for the McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform act of 2002, which imposed limits on how much federal candidates could raise and spend in their campaigns. The Washinton, D.C.-based group calls itself “nonpartisan, independent, and nonprofit.”

In case you thought that position would have brought them to criticize the Obama campaign for abandoning the McCain-Feingold campaign finance limits, think again.

“Obama's victory in the general election was aided by his tremendous fundraising success,” the center's Web site says.

“After becoming his party's nominee, Obama declined public financing and the spending limits that came with it, making him the first major-party candidate since the system was created to reject taxpayers' money for the general election.”

On the day after the election. RNC Chairman Mike Duncan told reporters at the National Press Club that public financing of presidential campaigns was dead.

“Presidential campaign finance as we know it died last night,” he said. “No major candidate will ever again submit to public funding restrictions. Less than two election cycles since the passage of campaign finance reform, the system has failed.”

On Thursday, the RNC filed two additional complaints, one in Louisiana, and the other in Washington, D.C., challenging the constitutionality of key parts of the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act, the official title of the 2002 McCain-Feingold campaign finance law.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #951 on: November 20, 2008, 08:47:52 PM »

They should have been doing this before, the election when there were stories every single day about blatant fraud. It wasn't just suspected, it was blatant!!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #952 on: November 20, 2008, 09:54:43 PM »

Obama to Tap Arizona Gov. as Homeland Security Chief

Thursday , November 20, 2008

President-elect Barack Obama's top choice to lead the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano, two Democratic sources confirmed to FOX News on Thursday.

According to other reports, Obama has also selected billionaire Chicago businesswoman Penny Pritzker as commerce secretary. She was his campaign finance chairwoman, and is credited with Obama's breaking all political fundraising records.

Gov. Napolitano, whose handling of immigration issues brought her praise from fellow governors, was an early supporter and campaigner for Obama's presidential campaign and was reported to be on a short list of people to fill cabinet posts in the new administration.

Napolitano, 50, was re-elected to a second four-year term in 2006 as governor of Arizona, the home state of Sen. John McCain, the Republican presidential nominee in the race against Obama.

The governor's spokeswoman, Jeanine L'Ecuyer, would not comment on the reports.

"She's not looking for another job, and the president-elect will announce his Cabinet selection when he's ready to do that," L'Ecuyer, said.

Democratic officials said Napolitano has not been officially offered the job but is likely to be named and to accept, pending vetting.

The reports come on the same day it was learned former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle will become Health and Human Services secretary pending Senate confirmation.

Daschle accepted the offer, according to two Democratic sources close to Daschle and with intimate knowledge of the decision. The senator from South Dakota has long been an adviser to Obama's campaign and served as a frequent surrogate on the campaign trail and in media interviews.

The appointment has not been announced, but these officials said the job is Daschle's, barring an unforeseen problem as Obama's team reviews the background of the South Dakota Democrat.

Obama to Tap Arizona Gov. as Homeland Security Chief

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 21, 2008, 10:40:09 AM »

Petition to see the birth certificate
Online effort launched to answer presidential eligibility question

WND today announces the launching of an online petition designed to enlist the public's help in demanding evidence of Barack Obama's constitutional eligibility for the office of the presidency.

The electronic petition calls on all controlling legal authorities to take seriously the matter of where and when and to whom Obama was born and whether he qualifies as a "natural-born American citizen," according to Article 2, Section 1 of the Constitution.

"This is a very unusual step for us to take," said Joseph Farah, founder, editor and chief executive officer of the leading independent online news source. "I have long resisted the temptation toward corporate activism – even avoiding the tradition of corporate editorial positions and political endorsements. We do those things individually as columnists and pundits, but WND has rarely engaged in taking editorial stands as most newspapers do."

But Farah says he was inspired to cross the divide on this issue because the clear and simple meaning of the Constitution is at stake. He writes more about this in his daily column today.

"No news organization or anyone else has investigated this matter more thoroughly, devoted more manpower to it, committed the financial resources to it or taken it more seriously," Farah said. "Yet, despite the obvious lingering questions out there haunting the American conscience, Barack Obama appears ready to waltz to the inauguration and swearing-in ceremonies without so much as proving he was born in America as he claims. That is simply unacceptable. I decided that if no one else was going to take this matter seriously, we would."

In addition, WND also launches a new reader forum devoted to this topic.

"The American people are responding to our work on the eligibility question," said Farah. "Other news organizations might take note of that. Our stories and columns on this subject are getting huge readership, yet are being ignored by most other media."

To participate,

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=81550

JimmySwift

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 21, 2008, 11:06:51 AM »

Hi all,

Haven't posted in a few years now, but with the election of Obama, I thought i would check back in, to see what the group was saying.  I have to say, I am a bit surprised.  As I recall, year's ago when members who were unhappy with President Bush made their views known, they were harshly rebuked with suggestions of ant-americanism.  It was said then, that supporting the President was the right thing to do for all Americans, regardless of political stripe.  Is it not your turn to do the same for the President elect?  It seems as though some folks here are a bit inconsistent.   Just an observation.

On another note, its good to be back!

Jimmy
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 21, 2008, 11:08:35 AM »

Barack Obama still will not release his birth certificate to prove his citizenship. It's as if he as something to hide in the aspect of his eligibility to be president. There are a number of lawsuits pending and at least one of them is currently being reviewed by the Supreme Court as to whether or not they will consider taking on the case for possible judicial consideration. This is a very important part of our Constitution. If Barack Obama is not eligible then he should not be allowed to be president. If this case is not forwarded on then we will never know for sure and it will have a great impact on all of us and set a dangerous precedent for all future elections. Please take the time to sign this petition so that we can lay this to rest once and for all.

JimmySwift

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 21, 2008, 11:16:01 AM »

Pastor Roger,

I'm confused.  I just read this Associated Press story from October:

State declares Obama birth certificate genuine
Oct 31, 2008

HONOLULU (AP) — State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.

Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

Fukino says that no state official, including Republican Gov. Linda Lingle, ever instructed that Obama's certificate be handled differently.

She says state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest.

Some Obama critics claim he was not born in the US.

Earlier Friday, a southwest Ohio magistrate rejected a challenge to Obama's citizenship. Judges in Seattle and Philadelphia recently dismissed similar suits.

What's the deal? 

Jimmy
Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #957 on: November 21, 2008, 11:22:31 AM »

Petition to see the birth certificate
Online effort launched to answer presidential eligibility question

WND today announces the launching of an online petition designed to enlist the public's help in demanding evidence of Barack Obama's constitutional eligibility for the office of the presidency.

I personally doubt there is anything in this and it is a waste of time and effort. Most of the doubt arises from his grandmother's claim that he was born in Kenya, and that two different hospitals in Hawaii are sometimes claimed as his birthplace. However, his birth certificate appears genuine as far as can be determined from a scan and the local paper appears to have published a birth announcement at the time.

However, he could put the whole thing to rest by showing a copy to the Supreme Court.

This problem has never come up before, (except involving Herbert Hoover, I hear). Congress should really act before the next presidential election to define exactly what is a natural born US citizen and to set up a procedure for all candidates for President to verify their elgibility. As it is now, there is much doubt over what it means, and no way for it to be verified except by filing lawsuits.

If this is really an issue for someone, and they have the time and money,  if his mother lived in Hawaii at the time of his birth, there would be records of it - rentals, employment, etc. She would have known people and had friends and enemies. She would have done business with people. A good detective ought to be able to find out a lot without having an official copy of the birth certificate.

She says state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest.

Anyone who has done genealogy knows this is universal practice, and in fact the law, for privacy reasons and to prevent identity theft.

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 21, 2008, 11:30:57 AM »

Hi all,

Haven't posted in a few years now, but with the election of Obama, I thought i would check back in, to see what the group was saying.  I have to say, I am a bit surprised.  As I recall, year's ago when members who were unhappy with President Bush made their views known, they were harshly rebuked with suggestions of ant-americanism.  It was said then, that supporting the President was the right thing to do for all Americans, regardless of political stripe.  Is it not your turn to do the same for the President elect?  It seems as though some folks here are a bit inconsistent.   Just an observation.

On another note, its good to be back!

Jimmy

For one thing he isn't president as of yet and if what is thought about his citizenship status is true he shouldn't be allowed to become president.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 21, 2008, 11:32:07 AM »

I think Brother Rhys made some very valid points as to "detective" work and who knows if signing the petition will do any good or not.  That being said,...I signed it because it sure couldn't hurt.  It would at least let the government know that we are serious about the question.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the