Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 05:14:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286957 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 170899 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #855 on: November 03, 2008, 10:53:57 PM »

State of Hawai'i backs Andy Martin in Obama birth certificate battle

CNN, Factcheck.org and Obama campaign exposed as liars

"Internet Powerhouse" Andy Martin drops a grenade in the final weekend of the presidential campaign

“Factually Correct, Not

Politically Correct”

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

ATTENTION DAYBOOK/ASSIGNMENT EDITORS

ANNOUNCEMENT OF SATURDAY NEWS CONFERENCE IN CHICAGO

Internet powerhouse Andy Martin wins a major victory in Hawai'i as state officials examine and confirm the existence of Barack Obama's secret birth certificate

CNN and Factcheck.org are embarrassed; Martin demands retractions and apologies for their misleading reports

Andy vows to keep up the battle whatever happens on November 4th; a court hearing is scheduled in Honolulu for November 18th and Andy says, "I'll be there."

Martin's birth certificate litigation victory will roil the final weekend of the presidential campaign; the Internet Powerhouse is set to hold a Saturday news conference in Chicago and disclose new attacks on Obama

Martin issues challenge to Barack Obama: Stop lying to the American people and immediately authorize the release of your original, typewritten 1961 birth certificate

Internet warrior Martin returns home to Chicago on Saturday after one month of "combat patrols" fighting the "Obama Gang"

"Barack Obama has been lying to the American people," Andy says

(HONOLULU)(November 1, 2008) Internet powerhouse Andy Martin has ignited a firestorm in Hawai'i over Barack Obama's bogus "original" birth certificate. Martin won a stunning victory Friday afternoon (October 31st) when the State of Hawai'i backed his assertion that there was an original, "typewritten, 1961" birth certificate, called a "Certificate of Live Birth" or "COLB" in Hawai'i, that no one has previously seen. Hawai'i officials retrieved and examined the document after Martin filed a lawsuit seeking access to the historic 1961 original.

Obama has falsely claimed to have placed the "original" on the Internet. Factcheck.org has falsely claimed to have seen this document and posted it on the Internet; that is not true. CNN has falsely ridiculed Martin.

Hawai'i officials have now refuted Obama's false assertion.

Martin's victory in Honolulu will roil the final weekend of the presidential campaign. Internet chatter is expected to explode as the issue moves to the front page over Saturday and Sunday. Swing voters may be swayed by the exposure that Obama has brazenly been lying to the American people. "We just lobbed a grenade into the final weekend of the presidential campaign," says Andy.

"I am ecstatic. I called Obama a liar. I called Factcheck.org 'ObamaLies.org.' I said CNN was sloppy and lazy and wrong. And I was right. The State of Hawai'i has now backed me up. Whew. I knew I was right, but I feel a lot more comfortable knowing that I have started to get the machinery moving in state government. The original document is now obviously protected and safe from any tampering by Obama.

"My lawsuit started a firestorm in Hawai'i. The circuit judge has set a hearing for November 18th (a report in the Honolulu Advertiser for November 1st for an earlier hearing date of November 7th is inaccurate; that date was cancelled).

"CNN also has egg on its face, because, once again, Hawai'i backs my contention that the original document has never surfaced in public. CNN tried to demean me by contradicting my accurate claim.

"Now Obama, Factcheck.org and CNN have been exposed as liars. I said there was a 'secret,' original, typewritten birth certificate that had never been disclosed, and that document was the original COLB, not the phony 'original' that CNN placed before its viewers.

"Why would Hawai'i officials review the vault document at the Eleventh Hour if my lawsuit wasn't causing a furor in Hawai'i state government? Why? The Friday before the election?

"Mine is the only logical, rational, properly prepared lawsuit that has been filed to open Obama's secret records. I sued in the proper state in the proper court against the proper officials for the proper remedy. And they are responding properly. The judge has properly, although not as quickly as I would have preferred, set a hearing to consider my claims. I have not filed outrageous or exaggerated pleadings.

"I merely sought access to a document based on its scholarly and news value and because I had been tipped by my sources inside state government that Obama was lying. My network of informants within state government helps me and guides me. Others filed lawsuits outside Hawai'i that have either been dismissed or discredited. My 'little engine that could' is chugging along.

"I have an outstanding record of high-profile public interest litigation, as recognized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court five years ago when they allowed me to represent a U. S. Marine in a landmark lawsuit." See www.AndyMartin.com and www.FirstRespondersOnline.us

In a Honolulu news conference on October 22nd Martin disclosed that Frank Marshall Davis was the biological father of Barack Obama, not Barack Obama senior. The Obama campaign has not denied Martin's claim.

"Over the past month I have been on combat patrol from coast to coast for the truth and for the United States Constitution," says Andy. "I have not the slightest link to John McCain. I am connected to the Constitution and nothing else. I have waged relentless war against Barack Obama's lies. And on the eve of the final weekend in the presidential campaign Hawai'i government has backed me by confirming that officials have examined the original, typewritten 1961 document, and confirmed that the document released by the Obama campaign was a facsimile, not the original.

"I have won a major victory: I proved Obama was lying about what he had posed on the Internet and falsely portrayed as 'the original.' 'Barry, we caught you with your pants down. We caught you lying, again.

"Saturday it will be my pleasure to return home to Chicago after one of the most successful independent political battle operations in media history, to wage the final weekend of war for the truth and Constitution and against the Daley Machine and Obama Gang. I have successfully been exposing and fighting Daley Family corruption for over forty years. Barry Obama is part of the second generation Daley Machine. He is a member in good standing of this criminal operation.

"The Machine doesn’t like me. But I have a history of coming up with the truth, and a history of embarrassing powerful people. In retaliation, they try to smear me. The disclosure that Hawai'i officials have examined the true original COLB, and that Obama lied to the American people by falsely claiming he had posted the original 1961 document, is going to spread like wildfire between Saturday and Tuesday night.

"This election is bizarre because the presidential candidate of the Democratic Party, the Party's leader, is from the Daley Machine in Chicago. And the leader of the Internet Army opposing Obama and working to defeat him and the Daley Machine is also from Chicago. My Senator would be proud.

Martin is expected to announce Saturday that he is suing Fox News as well as the New York Times, for defamation of character. The lawsuit will be released Monday morning.

"For Fox News to treat me as they did is beneath contempt," says Martin. "I am respected around the world for accuracy, honesty and integrity. We know the New York Times is a corrupt media operation. But Fox News? Well, Ruppert Murdock may want to kow'tow to Barack Obama, but I will not kow'tow to Ruppert Murdock. The crass executives deserve to be sued for their malicious attacks on me. Someone ought to stand up for me: I helped expose Bill Ayers and Khalid Al-Mansour. A slimy 'vice president' that probably never worked a case or a story had the nerve to demean me. What a compete corporate moron.

"How dare these media imposters and blowhards smear me with lies, when I have worked tirelessly to expose the truth about Barack Obama—and succeeded," Martin will charge.

"I'll be happy to face the Fox jerk, Vice President Bill Shine, in court and defend my good name against Obama's mud merchants, the New York Times and Ruppert Murdock. Ruppert Murdock's daughter is backing Obama, for Chrissake.

"I also plan Saturday to thank Dr. Chiyome Fukino for confirming my factual allegation that there was/is an original, typewritten 1961 'vault' COLB that has not been made public and that the true 'original' COLB is in official files. That confirmation makes Barack Obama a liar, on the last weekend of the campaign. Thank you, doctor.

"Now you know why Obama and Axelrod and Gibbs call me the 'Internet Powerhouse' that can’t be stopped. Barack Obama will be bleeding through election night because of this massive lie exposed on the eve of their election. I work for the American people, not John McCain or the Republican Party. Friday, truth arrived in Honolulu, and in the remaining 100 hours that truth is going to be spread from coast-to-coast.

"Obama lied."

State of Hawai'i backs Andy Martin in Obama birth certificate battle

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #856 on: November 04, 2008, 12:00:07 AM »

Is this Obama's real birth certificate?
Newly released document could solve mystery of Democrat's citizenship
Posted: November 03, 2008
7:11 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/images/misc/hawaiibirthcertificate1.jpg

Yes I know this should be in the Political jokes but....... This was to good to pass up!!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #857 on: November 04, 2008, 12:35:13 AM »

Obama: A Politician's Promise: No Right to Life! No Freedom!
November 3, 2008

After committing a murder in Rome, the famous 17th century Italian painter Caravaggio went to Malta to avoid the death penalty. While there, the Great Master of the Order of the Knights of Malta commissioned him to do a painting for the chapel of the Co-Cathedral of St. John in Valletta. Caravaggio chose as his theme the martyrdom of John the Baptist. He produced The Beheading of St. John, his largest work, the only one he ever signed. No doubt the scene touched him personally.

Herod was married to Herodias, his brother Philip’s wife. Because John the Baptist preached against this sin, he incurred the hatred of Herod’s wife. The day her daughter Salome delighted Herod with her seductive dance, Herodias had her make Herod promise to kill John the Baptist. Within the severe architecture of a 16th century prison, Caravaggio vividly depicts the grisly moment when Herod kept his promise.

Caravaggio’s work, considered his greatest masterpiece, immortalizes the misguided fidelity of a ruler to his gruesome promise. With the stroke of the soldier’s sword, John dies and so does freedom. Freedom is based on the truth of the human person as created by God and protected by his law. When a ruler can decide against God’s law, true freedom is sentenced to death.

Recently, a politician made a promise. Politicians usually do. If this politician fulfills his promise, not only will many of our freedoms as Americans be taken from us, but the innocent and vulnerable will spill their blood.

On April 18, 2007, in Gonzales v. Carhart, The Supreme Court upheldthe Partial-Birth Abortion Ban. The very next day prominent Democratic members of Congress reintroduced the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA). The bill is misleadingly packaged as a freedom bill. It is not! It is a clear act of unreasoned bias to end abruptly and brutally the debate on the pressing and fundamental moral issue of the right to life.

For thirty-five years, Americans have been wrestling with The Supreme Court’s decision legalizing abortion in Roe v. Wade.  Most Americans now favor some kind of a ban on abortion. Most who allow abortion would do so only in very rare cases. In fact, in January, 2008, the Guttmacher Institute published its 14th census of abortion providers in the country. Its statistics showed that the abortion rate continues to decline. Abortions have reached their lowest level since 1974. There is truly a deep sensitivity to life in the soul of America.

The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) would mortally wound this sensitivity. In effect, it would dismantle the freedom of choice to do all that is necessary to respect and protect human life at its most vulnerable stage. FOCA goes far beyond guaranteeing the right to an abortion throughout the nine months of pregnancy. It arrogantly prohibits any law or policy interfering with that right. While advocates trumpet this law as the triumph of the freedom of choice, they hide the dark reality that the law would actually inhibit choice.

Laws protecting the rights of nurses, doctors and hospitals with moral objections to abortion would no longer stand. Health and safety regulations for abortion clinics would also vanish. Gone the freedom of health care professionals to be faithful to the Hippocratic Oath “to prescribe regimens for the good of …patients…and never do harm to anyone, to please no one [by prescribing] a deadly drug nor [by giving] advice which may cause his death.” Gone the freedom of conscience so essential for a civil society!

If a minority of avid abortionists succeed to impose this law because of the ignorance or apathy of the majority, the law would force taxpayers to fund abortions. Gone the freedom of taxation with representation!

In its 1992 Casey decision, The Supreme Court ruled as constitutional state laws requiring that women and young girls who seek an abortion receive information on the development of the child in the womb as well as alternatives to abortion. The ruling also determined that a period of waiting, usually 24 or 48 hours before making a decision about an abortion is not an undue burden. The Freedom of Choice Act would nullify these laws immediately. Gone the freedom of women and young girls to have all the information they need to make their own choices!

In about half of the States, there are parental notification or consent laws in effect for minors seeking an abortion. The Supreme Court has ruled that these laws are permitted under Roe v. Wade. With the stroke of a pen, these laws would be abolished. Gone the freedom of parents to care for and protect their children and grandchildren!

Advocates of FOCA redefine a woman’s “health” so as to expressly permit post-viability abortions. Thus, a child who survives an abortion can be left to die for the health of the mother. No politically correct word can mask this reality for what it is. This is infanticide. Gone the freedom for a baby, once born, to live!

Science does not dispute that the child in the womb already has all the characteristics that he or she will develop after birth. Notwithstanding, abortionists obstinately refuse the right of the child within the womb to live as a fundamental human right. They are not happy that Americans have not swallowed their distorted propaganda that denies the dignity of the human person from the first moment of conception.

Pro-abortion advocates close their eyes to the fact that abortion even hurts women as it undermines the very fabric of our society. Their zeal for the Freedom of Choice Act sounds the alarm for decent Americans to wake up! The more the right to life is denied, the more we lose our freedoms. The “pro-choice” movement is not pro-choice. It stands against the freedom to choose what is right according to the truth of the human person.

In 2002, as an Illinois legislator, the present democratic candidate voted against the Induced Infant Liability Act. This law was meant to protect a baby that survived a late-term abortion. When the same legislation came up in the Judiciary Committee on which he served, he held to his opposition. First, he voted “present.” Next, he voted “no.”

Along with 108 members of Congress, the present democratic candidate for President continues his strong support for the Freedom of Choice Act. In a speech before the Planned Parenthood Action Fund last year, he made the promise that the first thing he would do as President would be to sign the Freedom of Choice Act. What a choice for a new President!

At the time when Herod murdered John the Baptist because of his promise, Rome practiced the principle "one man, one vote." Whoever the emperor in Rome placed in authority over a subject people, ruled. Today we live in a democracy. We choose our leaders who make our laws. Every vote counts. Today, either we choose to respect and protect life, especially the life of the child in the womb of the mother or we sanction the loss of our most basic freedoms. At this point, we are still free to choose!

Obama: A Politician's Promise: No Right to Life! No Freedom!

Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 04, 2008, 07:21:38 AM »

Cont'd from previous post...

Middle Israel: George Bush as a tragic figure

by Amotz Asa-El (Jerusalem Post)

Nothing in his upscale upbringing, cushioned career, narrow horizons and pedestrian character could prepre him for the crusading zealots billowing battlefields, collapsing skyscrapers, rising superpowers, gushing markets and soaring ocean waves that awaited him as leader of the free world.

"A perfect tragedy is the noblest production of human nature," wrote English essayist and dramatist Joseph Addison.

Ordinarily to fully appreciate this observation, one would need to probe complex literary images like Samson, Oedipus, Agamemnon or Hamlet. But ours are no ordinary times, and we need look no further than the White House and consider the years its current tenent has spent there.

Now, as speculation mounts concerning the next US president's identity, plans and ability to extract America from the black hole where it has arrived, the outgoing presidency's balance sheet can already be written. Sadly, no matter which accountants, historians or dramatists ultimately compose itk its bottom line will always be painted in one color: red.

Bush's drawbacks were slow to surface and, as tragedies go, their full scope emerged only once the size of the challenges he faced, which no one had fully foreseen, became apparent.

The sages said that some win and some lose entire worlds in one moment. Bush lost his in four: 9/11, the Iraq War, Hurricane Katrina and the '08 crash. In all these, he domonstrated profound deficits of knowledge andintuition, without which even the most resolute and charismatic leader cannot deliver the goods.

More broadly, literary tragedies call into question the role of chance, error, fate and destiny in human life as they pit man against forces hopelessly stronger than him.

The forces George Bush met, and stood no chance of confronting, were of historic,, even biblical dimensions from crusading zealots, billowing battlefields and collapsing skiyscrapers to rising superpowers, gushing markets and soaring ocean waves. There was nothing in his upscale upbringing, cushioned career, narrow horizons pedestrian character that could pre him for any of this.

Bush's original sin, therefore, did not lie in anything he did or didn't do as leader of the free world; it was in his very decision oto apply for the job.,

Koenig perspective: The Israel connection: President George W. Bush was about to declare a Palestinian state in a UN General Assembly address that was cancelled by the 9-11 terror events. They, in turn, led to the war on terror and the extremely costly war and nation-building in Iraq.

Instead, President catered to Islam, called it a peaceful religion, told the world that Christians and Muslims worship the same God, and bragged that his White House was the first to have a copy of the Koran in its library.

He pressured Israel to make peace with the Palestinians, coined the phrase "Israel and Palestint - living side by side in peace and security," called on Israel to stop settlement construction and evacuate unauthorized settlements, endorsed Sharon's disengagement plan, congratulated Sharon the day the Gaza and northern Samaria evacuations were completed as Katrina became a tropical depression, and then sortly thereafter had to deal with the largest disaster in US history - causing him to travel to New Orleans and the US Gulf Coast 15 times to date, which cost the US taxpayers in excess of $118 billion.

The US financial crisis is a byproduct of the lack of supervision and prudent regulation, thanks to the greed of Wall Street and the Republican and Democratic Parties' ineptness and lack of oversight. This was a problem that was exacerbated, as I have mentioned many times before by the Federal Reserves' over stimulation of the US economy that was reeling from the 9/11 terror events.

Genesis 12:3 says, "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."

Connection the Dots - what others are saying about Barack Obama

by Bill Wilson, KIN Senior Analyst

While the news media and leftist prematurely celebrate the belief that their political messiah, Barack Hussein Obama, will be elected, it may be important to reflect for a moment on what others are saying about Obama - those who might have an inside track on who Obama really is.

The Communist Party USA website says the organization is not endorsing any specific candidate but that the Obama "campaign has the clearist message of unity and progressive change, while having a real possibility for victory in November." The Communist Party USA describes itselof as "a militant, activist, working-class party that unites workers, students, professionals and farmers from various backgrounds in a fighting organization."

The Democratic Socialists of America endorsed Obama by saying, "DSA believes that the possible election of Senator Obama to the presidency in November represents a potential opening for social and labor movements to generate the critical political momentum necessary to implement a progressive political agenda."

Saying that Obama would meet face to face with leaders of Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, Syria and Cuba "without preconditions," the speaker of the Iranian Parliament, Ari Larijani, said, "We are leaning more in favor of Barack Obama because he is more flesible and rational, even though we know American policy will not change that much."

Libya's Mohammar Kadhafi supports Obama, saying, "There are elections in America now. Along came a black citizen of kenyan African origins, a Muslim, who had studied in an Islamic school in Indonesia. His name is Obama. All the people in the Arab and Islamic world and in Africa applauded this man...We still hope that this black man will take pride in his African and Islamic identity, and in his faith."

ACORN's chief organizer Bertha Lewis endorsed Obama, saying, "I want to thank everyone out there for defending ACORD against the scurrilous right-wing attacks and smears ... There's one more simple thing you can all do to help ACORN: Vote for the community organizer Barack Obama on the Working Families Party ballot line."

A YouTube video posted by WorldNetDaily showed Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan proclaiming Obama's so-called messiah status to young Muslims, saying, "You are the instruments that god is going to use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn't care anything about. Tha's a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking."

The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 15:33,"Be not deceived, evil companionship corrupts good habits."

Question is, in this case, who corrupted who?

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 04, 2008, 11:32:38 AM »

Our nation's sins, rebellion and disobedience have allowed the possibility of a person like Barack Obama to be elected president,

If my fellow American elects him, I suppose they deserve what they'll get. All the warning signs are in plain sight.

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 04, 2008, 11:49:17 AM »

Report: Obama backs Palestinian capital in Jerusalem
Leaders claim presidential candidate asked them to keep his remarks secret

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: November 04, 2008
10:09 am Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

JERUSALEM – Sen. Barack Obama told the Palestinian leadership during a trip to the region in July he supports their rights to a capital in eastern Jerusalem, but he asked them to keep his remarks secret, according to a Lebanese newspaper.

The Al-Akhbar daily, known to have close contacts to Palestinian leaders in Lebanon, quoted sources in Ramallah claiming that in a meeting in July with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and Prime Minister Salam Fayyad, the two heard from Obama "the best things they ever heard from an American presidential candidate."

The report claimed Obama told Abbas and Fayyad he "supports the rights of the Palestinians to east Jerusalem, as well as their right to a stable, sovereign state," but he petitioned them to keep the remarks confidential.

Asked for comment by WND, chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat would neither confirm nor deny knowledge of Obama's purported remarks.

The Lebanese report echoes a similar exclusive WND article immediately following Obama's meeting with Abbas and Fayyad in which a senior Palestinian source said Obama informed the Palestinians he supports a "negotiated settlement" that may grant the PA control over sections of Jerusalem.

"He assured us there was a misunderstanding when he said in [June] he supports the Israelis' rights to hold on to Jerusalem," the PA official, who took part in the meeting with Obama told WND at the time. "He told us he corrected this right away and that he supports a negotiated settlement that will give the Palestinians territory."

The official was referring to a speech Obama delivered in June to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee in which he stated if he is elected president, "Jerusalem would remain the capital of Israel and it must remain undivided."

Immediately following the speech, Obama reversed himself during a CNN appearance, explaining he meant Jerusalem shouldn't be physically divided with a partition.

"Well, obviously, it's going to be up to the parties to negotiate a range of these issues. And Jerusalem will be part of those negotiations," he said in response to a question about whether Palestinians have a legitimate claim to the city.

Obama said that "as a practical matter, it would be very difficult to execute" a division of the city.

"And I think that it is smart for us to, to work through a system in which everybody has access to the extraordinary religious sites in Old Jerusalem but that Israel has a legitimate claim on that city."

Let us fight the good fight!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #861 on: November 04, 2008, 03:36:23 PM »

Obama backs Palestinian capital in Jerusalem
Leaders claim presidential candidate asked them to keep his remarks secret

God gave the land of Israel to the Jewish people. Jerusalem belong to Israel, man can NOT give away what God has given. Nothing was done with this land for 2000 years until 1946.

Joel 3:2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

In 1 Samuel 13 there is a story of Saul as a young king, here Saul gets tired of waiting on God and takes things in his own hands. Before going to war against the Philistines Samuel, the prophet, gives him the word of God not to go into the battle until Samuel himself comes to give up offering to God. “He waited seven days, the time set by Samuel; but Samuel did not come to Gilgal, and Saul’s men began to scatter.” So Saul, afraid of losing his men and anxious to go into battle just gives up the offerings to God himself. Immediately after this, Samuel shows up. “You acted foolishly,” Samuel said “You have not kept the command the Lord your God gave you; if you had, he would have established your kingdom over Israel for all time. But now your kingdom will not endure; the Lord has sought out a man after his own heart and appointed him leader of his people, because you have not kept the Lord’s command.” So as a result of his disobedience to God, his bloodline would not remain in the line of kings. This story really spoke to me in a sense that there are often things I really desire or want to reach out for but God is asking me to wait. God is asking me to have patience, and trust him that his timing is perfect

I take the Bible seriously, I believe that everything God has promised will be fulfilled. So God will judge the nations that have divided His Land. Look out people of America our government is leading us down the path of destruction.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #862 on: November 04, 2008, 03:58:28 PM »

Obama's Views on Iran are 'Utterly Immature,' Says French President

Pamela Geller

Plummeting oil prices have devastated Iran's economy. Its president has suddenly fallen ill.  Its lawmakers are so tense they've come to physical blows.

The next American president will face an increasingly turbulent Iran that is poised to go nuclear. The stakes for America and Israel could not be higher.

Yet French President Nicolas Sarkozy regards Senator Obama's position on Iran as "utterly immature" and consisting of "formulations empty of all content."  According to the Israeli newspaper, Haaretz, President Sarkozy "has made his criticisms only in closed forums in France," based on his impressions after meeting Obama in July.

Obama has called Iran a "tiny" country that does not "pose a serious threat to us."  He has offered to personally meet Iran's leaders without preconditions, despite their vows to annihilate Israel. And he opposes legislation that would label Iran's Revolutionary Guard a terrorist organization.

Obama's running mate, Joe Biden, also opposed the terrorist designation for the Revolutionary Guard and has a long history of urging a détente with Iran.

The New Republic reported in October, 2001, that Biden's initial response after the attacks of September 11 was to "send, no strings attached, a check for $200 million to Iran."

Perhaps that is why Sarkozy reportedly worries that Obama might "arrogantly" ignore America's allies and open a unilateral negotiation with Iran.

Obama's Views on Iran are 'Utterly Immature,' Says French President

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 04, 2008, 05:14:41 PM »

God gave the land of Israel to the Jewish people. Jerusalem belong to Israel, man can NOT give away what God has given. Nothing was done with this land for 2000 years until 1946.

Joel 3:2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

In 1 Samuel 13 there is a story of Saul as a young king, here Saul gets tired of waiting on God and takes things in his own hands. Before going to war against the Philistines Samuel, the prophet, gives him the word of God not to go into the battle until Samuel himself comes to give up offering to God. “He waited seven days, the time set by Samuel; but Samuel did not come to Gilgal, and Saul’s men began to scatter.” So Saul, afraid of losing his men and anxious to go into battle just gives up the offerings to God himself. Immediately after this, Samuel shows up. “You acted foolishly,” Samuel said “You have not kept the command the Lord your God gave you; if you had, he would have established your kingdom over Israel for all time. But now your kingdom will not endure; the Lord has sought out a man after his own heart and appointed him leader of his people, because you have not kept the Lord’s command.” So as a result of his disobedience to God, his bloodline would not remain in the line of kings. This story really spoke to me in a sense that there are often things I really desire or want to reach out for but God is asking me to wait. God is asking me to have patience, and trust him that his timing is perfect

I take the Bible seriously, I believe that everything God has promised will be fulfilled. So God will judge the nations that have divided His Land. Look out people of America our government is leading us down the path of destruction.

This is so very true. We also know that for a brief period that the Abomination of Desolation will stand in the holy place and that all this is still yet to take place. It is after this that God will indeed judge the nations and return the land to His people.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 04, 2008, 05:44:12 PM »

All of my family have our votes in now. That's seven votes for McCain and 5 of those were first time voters.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 04, 2008, 05:51:18 PM »

Black Panthers intimidate voters at polls
Man brandishing nightstick says, 'We're tired of white supremacy'

Armed Black Panthers blocked a doorway to a polling location and intimidated voters in Philadelphia, Pa., according to Republican poll observers.

After one of two men wearing Black Panther gear brandished a nightstick to threaten voters, a poll watcher called police.

"As I walked up, they closed ranks, next to each other," he told Fox News. "So I walked directly in between them, went inside and found the poll watchers. They said they'd been here for about an hour. And they told us not to come outside because a black man is going to win this election no matter what."

He said he then walked back outside and the man with a night stick told him, "'We're tired of white supremacy' and he starts tapping the nightstick in his hand. At which point I said, 'OK, we're not going to get in a fist fight right here,' and I called the police."

A poll watcher with the University of Pennsylvania asked the men who they were with.

The man with the nightstick responded, "Uh, security," and asked why he was taking pictures.

He told them, "I think it might be a little intimidating that you have a stick in your hand." He continued, "I am a concerned citizen, and I'm just worried that …"

"So are we, and that's why we're here," the Black Panther with the nightstick interrupted.

Officers escorted the man with the nightstick away from the polling location, but the other person in Black Panther gear is a poll watcher. He was allowed to remain on the premises.

Minister Najee Muhammad, national field marshal for the New Black Panther Party, told a crowd Nov. 2 that the Black Panthers would send members to polling sites on Election Day, the Jackson Sun reported.

"We will not allow some racists and other angry whites, who are upset over an impending Barack Obama presidential victory, to intimidate blacks at the polls," he said. "Most certainly, we cannot allow these racist forces to slaughter our babies or commit other acts of violence against the black population, nor our black president."

Uhuru Shakur, chairman of the Atlanta chapter, said, "We love Barack Obama – he gives our people great hope and light for advancement. Every president America has had has been a white man. Now the black man must be given his time to rule. Obama is a man of justice and a leader who wants to do right."

Shakur warned, "We will be at the polls in the cities and counties in many states to ensure that the enemy does not sabotage the black vote, which was won through the blood of the martyrs of our people."

The incident is one of many cases of intimidation against people who do not support Obama at Philadelphia polling sites. According to recent reports, GOP Election Board members have been kicked out of at least half a dozen polling stations in Philadelphia because they are Republicans – despite a Pennsylvania judge's ruling that on-site election judges are not allowed to remove court-appointed poll observers.

Fox News reported Republican poll watchers in West Philadelphia were asked to leave because Democrats are the party of power, and the Republicans are not being allowed to monitor the election process.

"We're saying that the poll watcher is not allowed to stay in the poll and watch," the complainant said. "He's been asked initially to leave. Then, later on, the election judge came and said essentially that he only had the right to pass through on an intermittent occasion."

Removing the minority party from poll-watching positions is a violation of state law. It is a misdemeanor offense that carries a fine of $1,000 and up to two years of prison time.

According to TownHall, Republicans have been removed from the following precincts: the 44th Ward, 12th and 13th divisions; 6th Ward, 12th division; 32nd Ward, Division 28.

McCain spokesman Ben Porritt told Townhall, "Election board officials guard the legitimacy of the election process and the idea that Republicans are being intimidated and banned for partisan purposes does not allow for an honest and open election process."

Pennsylvania Secretary of State Pedro Cortes said the situation is currently being resolved in court.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 04, 2008, 05:53:29 PM »

Obama makes Palestinians
deny he promised Jerusalem
Campaign today in furious conversations with Ramallah,
says source claiming officials privately stand by claim

In a rapid response to potentially damaging Election Day news, the Obama campaign today urged Palestinian officials to deny a report that the Democratic nominee confided to Palestinian leadership that he supports their right to a capital in eastern Jerusalem, according to a senior Palestinian official.

The official, a longtime reliable source, told WND that Obama advisers have engaged in a series of intense conversations in the last few hours asking that the office of President Mahmoud Abbas issue a denial.

Abbas political adviser Namer Hamad subsequently issued a denial to reporters, but the senior official confirmed to WND that Obama said in a July trip to the region he favored a "negotiated settlement" that may grant the PA control over sections of Jerusalem.

The Obama campaign was responding to a Lebanese newspaper story reported by WND today quoting sources in Ramallah who claimed that in a meeting in July with Abbas and Prime Minister Salam Fayyad, the two heard from Obama "the best things they ever heard from an American presidential candidate."

The report in the Al-Akhbar daily, known to have close contacts to Palestinian leaders in Lebanon, claimed Obama told Abbas and Fayyad he "supports the rights of the Palestinians to east Jerusalem, as well as their right to a stable, sovereign state," but he petitioned them to keep the remarks confidential.

Asked for comment by WND, chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat would neither confirm nor deny knowledge of Obama's purported remarks.

The Lebanese report echoes a similar exclusive WND article immediately following Obama's meeting with Abbas and Fayyad in which a senior Palestinian source said Obama informed the Palestinians he supports a "negotiated settlement" that may grant the PA control over sections of Jerusalem.

"He assured us there was a misunderstanding when he said in [June] he supports the Israelis' rights to hold on to Jerusalem," the PA official, who took part in the meeting with Obama told WND at the time. "He told us he corrected this right away and that he supports a negotiated settlement that will give the Palestinians territory."

The official was referring to a speech Obama delivered in June to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee in which he stated if he is elected president, "Jerusalem would remain the capital of Israel and it must remain undivided."

Immediately following the speech, Obama reversed himself during a CNN appearance, explaining he meant Jerusalem shouldn't be physically divided with a partition.

"Well, obviously, it's going to be up to the parties to negotiate a range of these issues. And Jerusalem will be part of those negotiations," he said in response to a question about whether Palestinians have a legitimate claim to the city.

Obama said that "as a practical matter, it would be very difficult to execute" a division of the city.

"And I think that it is smart for us to, to work through a system in which everybody has access to the extraordinary religious sites in Old Jerusalem but that Israel has a legitimate claim on that city."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 04, 2008, 05:57:08 PM »

Republican workers tossed out in Philly
Removed in at least half dozen polling stations because of party status

GOP Election Board members have been tossed out of polling stations in at least half a dozen polling stations in Philadelphia because of their party status.

A Pennsylvania judge previously ruled that court-appointed poll watchers could be NOT removed from their boards by an on-site election judge, but that is exactly what is happening, according to sources on the ground.

It is the duty of election board workers to monitor and guard the integrity of the voting process.

Denying access to the minority (in this case Republican) poll watchers and inspectors is a violation of Pennsylvania state law. Those who violate the law can be punished with a misdemeanor and subjected to a fine of $1,000 and sent to prison between one month and two years.

Those on site are describing the situation as "pandemonium" and there may be video coming of the chaos.

Some of the precincts where Republicans have been removed are: the 44th Ward, 12th and 13th divisions; 6th Ward, 12th division; 32nd Ward, Division 28.

“Election board officials guard the legitimacy of the election process and the idea that Republicans are being intimidated and banned for partisan purposes does not allow for an honest and open election process,” said McCain-Palin spokesman Ben Porritt in a statement to Townhall.

The City of Brotherly Love was roiled in controversy during the 2004 election because of rigged voting machines that showed nearly 2,000 votes for Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry before the polls had opened. A man also used a gun to intimidate poll workers at Ward 30, division 11 in 2004.

Update: Fox News just did a report about the controversy. The Democrats are saying that the polling station is crowded and election board members need to cycle through the areas intermittently.

Update 10:53am: Pennsylvania Secretary of State Pedro Cortes says this matter is already being heard in court and should be resolved soon. He says there was a dispute of the names of the poll watchers on record. This is a different story than the Democratic officials told Fox News earlier this morning.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 04, 2008, 11:03:19 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

All I can say is that we're seeing and hearing signs of things to come. We really haven't seen much yet. GOD has told us in HIS WORD that much worse is yet to come FOR THE ENTIRE WORLD. It will be a time of horror and terror like the world has never known. The forces of darkness around the world are in various stages of readiness, and this part of the world WILL NOT be spared. Mankind's appetite for evil will be fulfilled beyond the point of cups running over. We don't know when, but the time is coming for the Tribulation Period. The leaders of the earth, good and bad - will watch the Tribulation Period being ushered in. All of the pieces of a GIANT Bible Prophecy Puzzle will fall into place perfectly at GOD'S Appointed time.

=============================

My wife brought something home for me today that I want to share with you. It's very appropriate and timely, so I hope that you read it carefully.

Billy Graham's Prayer for Our Nation

THIS MAN SURE HAS A GOOD VIEW OF WHAT'S HAPPENING TO OUR COUNTRY!

Heavenly Father, we come before you today to ask your forgiveness and to seek your direction and guidance. We know Your Word says, "Woe to those who call even good," but that is exactly what we have done. We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and reversed our values. We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery. We have rewarded laziness and called it welfare. We have killed our unborn and called it choice. We have shot abortionists and called it justifiable. We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building self esteem. We have abused power and called it politics. We have coveted our neighbor's possessions and called it ambition. We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it freedom of expression. We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment. Search us, Oh God, and know our hearts today; cleanse us from every sin and Set us free.  Amen!

Commentator Paul Harvey aired this prayer on his radio program, "The Rest of the Story," and received a larger response to this program than any other he has ever aired. With the Lord's help, may this prayer sweep over our nation and wholeheartedly become our desire so that we again can be called "One nation under God."

I don't know when this program aired, but I doubt that many paid much attention to it. I suspect that many REAL Christians paid considerable attention to it, but ONLY GOD knows who the REAL Christians are. There are many sitting in Church pews for business, social, and many other wrong reasons - GOD doesn't know them, and they haven't met GOD yet. It's sad that many people call themselves Christians simply because they attend church. Regardless, it shouldn't be hard to see how quickly things are going downhill. We should also know that if 99.9% of our country were strong Christians, the Tribulation Period would still be ushered in at GOD'S Appointed time. By the way, we should also know that strong Christians represent a shrinking minority. I'll just say that Christians of my generation have watched a massive change over a relatively short period of time. The CHANGE was for the WORSE, and the CHANGE continues to be for the WORSE. GOD'S WORD tells us these things will be true in the end days of the Age of Grace. This Age of Grace will END, and the  7 Year Tribulation Period is NEXT! Should we be surprised? NO! - GOD told us thousands of years ago in HIS WORD that these times would come. In fact, GOD promised us these times would come. Are these times SOON? I think so.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 05, 2008, 09:12:26 AM »

America proclaims:
Obama is 'the One'
Key 'red' states swing Democrat,
paving way for decisive victory

Before an enthusiastic and sometimes weeping crowd of thousands at Grant Park in Chicago, Barack Obama gave his acceptance speech as the newly elected 44th president of the United States.

"If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible," Obama said, "tonight is your answer."

Democratic Sen. Barack Obama captured key electoral votes in states won by President Bush in 2004, fueling his decisive victory.

The former Republican "red" states of Ohio, New Mexico, Iowa, Colorado, Virginia, Nevada and Florida were colored blue on electoral maps, signifying projected Democratic victories.

Added to the many East and West Coast states that also voted Democrat in 2004 and maintained their "blue" status this year, Obama was projected to win far more than the 270 electoral votes needed to become the next president of the United States.

In his acceptance speech, Obama talked about people waiting to vote, standing in long lines that wound around churches and schools and told the story of a 106-year-old Atlanta voter who had seen a century of change in her lifetime.

"Tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment," Obama said, "change has come to America."

Obama praised McCain for his bravery and service to the country, thanked his supporters and political machine and told his daughters, "You have earned the new puppy that is coming with us to the White House."

As Obama moved the speech to its climax, he repeated his campaign mantra, "Yes, we can," and the audience echoed back the chant.

"Tonight let us ask ourselves, if our children should live to see the next century," Obama asked at the end of his speech, "what change will they see? What progress will we have made? This is our chance to answer that call."

Many polls leading up to the election showed Americans favoring Obama over Republican rival John McCain, including a Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby daily tracking poll released earlier on Election Day, which gave Obama an 11.4-point lead over McCain, 54.1 percent to 42.7 percent.

The Zogby website also predicted Obama would secure at least 311 electoral votes, with a handful of battleground states outstanding.

The election results indicated that Obama will likely exceed Zogby's estimate.

McCain's campaign manager, Rick Davis, said Sunday that to win, McCain needed victories in five of six key states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida and Indiana.

The first of the critical states to be called by the major television networks was Pennsylvania, based solely on exit poll data, even before precincts reported vote totals. The announcement prompted a protest from the McCain campaign.

When news networks also projected an Obama victory in Ohio, however, McCain's chances began to dwindle. No Republican has ever won the White House without carrying Ohio.

At 9:51 p.m., former vice-presidential candidate Geraldine Ferraro announced on the Fox News Channel, "It's all over."

At 11 p.m., CBS and Fox News agreed, officially declaring Barack Obama winner of the presidential election.

Exit polls, NBC News reports, show Obama won overwhelmingly among black voters, won the majority of female and Latino voters and carried a slim lead among white voters. He also won more than two-thirds of voters 30 years old and younger.

McCain delivered his resignation speech shortly after the announcement of Obama's victory, acknowledging the election's historical significance, especially for black Americans.

"I have always believed America offers opportunities for those who have the industry and will to achieve it," McCain said. "There is no better evidence of this than the election of an African-American to the presidency of the United States."

McCain congratulated the victor, but also took a moment to offer his sympathy over the recent death of Obama's grandmother.

The Republican referenced his disagreements with Obama, but pledged his goodwill and assistance in leading the country forward.

"Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans," McCain said, "and please believe me when I say, no association has ever meant more to me than that."

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the