Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:07:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How did you chose your "handle"?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How did you chose your "handle"?  (Read 9521 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2007, 07:36:02 PM »

I thought we could share how we chose our handles; what they mean, etc. as a way to get to know one another better and have some fun!

I'll start:  I am known as "Grammyluv" all over the christiansunite web site.  Besides the obvious, that I'm a grandmother (of 4), it actually came to me because my 3 year old grandson was on the couch with me one day and when putting his arms around me said, "Come here, big love!" in his cute little voice.  It cracked me up and warmed my heart at the same time!  Cheesy

Who's next?  Shocked

Let us fight the good fight!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 09:28:27 PM »

A song by Gary Wright.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 10:26:31 PM »

I remember that song!  Cheesy

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 02:02:56 AM »

YES - I have heard grandmas called grammy, and I did suspect that connection.   Wink

Blackeyedpeas - You put some pork or bacon in it, a little bit of hot sauce, and make some cornbread for a meal fit for a king. YES - it is one of my favorites. In fact, it's a Southern favorite that everyone can afford. It's plain and simple, and that's the major reason why I chose it.

Some trivia:

These are also called cow-peas in the South because they grew wild and cows ate them. Folks from the North didn't think that people should be eating them. In fact, we tried to keep them a secret from Northerners for quite some time because they taste so good.   Wink  They are also easy to grow with little maintenance and in harsh conditions. Remember, they grow wild, so they are a very hardy crop. If someone can't grow them, they don't belong on a farm. They were most common on the sides of the road in the water drainage ditches. I assume this was natural because any rainfall would tend to soak into the ground in these areas.

Please note that I tried to use simple terms to describe this in an effort to prevent confusion for Northerners.   Grin  There are hundreds of recipes involving this Southern favorite.

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 08:56:51 AM »

Mine is.... me ... LOL Shocked

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 09:11:57 AM »

I am known as david_james on alot of sites. And no I am not some goal keeper.

It is just my first and second name

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 09:52:45 AM »

Mine is fairly self explanatory also. I started out on the internet using a different screen name. Others still called me by my current screen name anyway so I just used it when I came to this forum. I am also known in my neighborhood as either Pastor or Grandpa (some of my neighbors knew me when I was a pastor).

Some trivia:

These are also called cow-peas in the South because they grew wild and cows ate them. Folks from the North didn't think that people should be eating them. In fact, we tried to keep them a secret from Northerners for quite some time because they taste so good.   Wink  They are also easy to grow with little maintenance and in harsh conditions. Remember, they grow wild, so they are a very hardy crop. If someone can't grow them, they don't belong on a farm. They were most common on the sides of the road in the water drainage ditches. I assume this was natural because any rainfall would tend to soak into the ground in these areas.

Please note that I tried to use simple terms to describe this in an effort to prevent confusion for Northerners.   Grin  There are hundreds of recipes involving this Southern favorite.

I've heard them called cow-peas before but thought it was for a different reason.  Wink Cheesy

I have spent considerable time in the south and enjoyed much of the cuisine but blackeyedpeas was one I could never get the knack of enjoying. They have always tasted a bit earthy to me, kind of like plowing the fields on a dry, windy day. Being an old northern farm boy I enjoy many kinds of beans, pinto beans, navy beans, red kidney beans ...  they all taste good to me except the blackeyedpeas.

Now a batch of grits, rice and gravy or poke salad and I'm ready.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 10:19:14 AM »

Please note that I tried to use simple terms to describe this in an effort to prevent confusion for Northerners.   Grin  There are hundreds of recipes involving this Southern favorite.

Well you tried, but you didn't get me on that one!  My dad is from Georgia!  And now resides in Mobile, AL.  I also grew up on grits, biscuts and gravey and country music! hahahaha!

Pastor Roger...I thought your name was Wes?  I figured you were a pastor though just from all the good info you post!
And I lived in Beaumont, MS (backwoods) for a bit so I've even eaten some racoon!  Aughhhh.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 10:22:57 AM »

PS:  Let's not forget the yummy Catfish!  Grin

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 10:33:31 AM »

The name is pretty much self explanatory.

And I came from Michigan and have been in Alabama since 1981.  And grits and the b.e.p's just do not do it for me.  I enjoy the catfish (although not a favored fish of mine), and many of the other delicacies of the South.  I just wish that when I say I would like to get a coke, someone would ask me what kind I want and not just get me a Coke Cheesy

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Eva

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 11:06:16 AM »

My handle comes from my initials.  I too live in the South and enjoy Southern food. I only partake of it occasionally though as I am getting older and it's harder to keep the weight down eating all that fried, rich food.  You all sure make me hungry just talking about it!!!

Congrats to all you grand parents out there! I am not a grandma yet, and hope it will be a long time coming as my daughter is only 8. 

Thanks and God Bless, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 11:14:28 AM »

Wes?   Grin Grin  Were'd that come from? Good one though.  Wink

Catfish, Raccoon, squirrel, rabbit are not just a southern dish. They are prized by all of us northern farm boys, too right along with Catfish and walleye, the only fish that I will eat.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 11:34:34 AM »

Wes?   Grin Grin  Were'd that come from? Good one though.  Wink

Catfish, Raccoon, squirrel, rabbit are not just a southern dish.

Haven't had squirrle but yes, even us Northerners eat some rabbit once in a blue moon.

As to the "Wes", I thought I'd seen you sign that way once.  Maybe I ought to wash me specks!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 01:12:45 PM »

As to the "Wes", I thought I'd seen you sign that way once.

It's possible that my fingers might have gotten ahead of me but if I did do that it wasn't intentional.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 03:03:41 PM »

Wes?   Grin Grin  Were'd that come from? Good one though.  Wink

Catfish, Raccoon, squirrel, rabbit are not just a southern dish. They are prized by all of us northern farm boys, too right along with Catfish and walleye, the only fish that I will eat.

Add us in Arizona, we also like rabbit, squirrel, bass, catfish and javlina.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the