Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:27:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How did you chose your "handle"?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How did you chose your "handle"?  (Read 9524 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2007, 01:48:07 PM »

I chose mine after reading "The confessions of Augustine" in which he credits the voices of children outside his window as they were chanting "Toll-ege" which is Latin for pick it up and read it! Upon hearing that; Augustine picks up the Scriptures and trusted Christ.

Hello Tollege,

WELCOME!

I like and appreciate the story about your handle. You will find many here who love and trust CHRIST. I look forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Tollege

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2007, 02:03:02 PM »

Thanks Tom, I am looking forward to discussing scriptural things as I have only found foolishness and disinterest mostly
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2007, 02:09:02 PM »

I chose mine after reading "The confessions of Augustine" in which he credits the voices of children outside his window as they were chanting "Toll-ege" which is Latin for pick it up and read it! Upon hearing that; Augustine picks up the Scriptures and trusted Christ.

Hi Tollege!  I like that too and Welcome!

Let us fight the good fight!
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2007, 02:40:21 PM »

Mine's very simple. It's the first 3 letters of my first name combined with my middle name. I use it in all forums, and I'm in a lot of them. Being retired I have nothing else to do and spend much of my time in Christian forums. It takes money to do anything else, and my medical bills eat up my retirement.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2007, 02:55:24 PM »

Thanks Tom, I am looking forward to discussing scriptural things as I have only found foolishness and disinterest mostly

Hello Tollege,

I hope that you're not talking about Christians Unite. There are many so-called Christian forums these days that are little more than rows of pulpits for devils of this world to spout garbage. Christians Unite is not one like that. You will find tons of good and GODLY material here fit for an entire Christian family - including children.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:37-39 NASB
But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2007, 03:25:10 PM »

Mine's very simple. It's the first 3 letters of my first name combined with my middle name. I use it in all forums, and I'm in a lot of them. Being retired I have nothing else to do and spend much of my time in Christian forums. It takes money to do anything else, and my medical bills eat up my retirement.

Hello Jon-Marc,

Brother, you sound a lot like me. I spend nearly all of my time with Bible Study and Christians Unite. I was very fortunate to have good medical insurance when illness forced me to retire, so the insurance pays about 80 percent of my medical costs. Let's put it this way, we can still put real hamburger in the "Hamburger Helper".

Brother, I think that participating in a Christian forum is a good way to serve the LORD. Christians Unite has over 12,000 readers a day, and GOD has promised that HIS WORD will not return void. I feel like I'm doing what GOD wants me to do.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 4:22-25 NASB
Therefore IT WAS ALSO CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS. Now not for his sake only was it written that it was credited to him, but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead, He who was delivered over because of our transgressions, and was raised because of our justification. "BLESSED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS DEEDS HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS HAVE BEEN COVERED.  "BLESSED IS THE MAN WHOSE SIN THE LORD WILL NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT."

Tollege

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2007, 03:53:38 PM »

No Bro. Tom, I was referring to people I am in contact with everyday. I read allot of books and have discovered a vast difference between authors of a couple centuries ago and many of today. However I have found that many people are not concerned that there is such a gap. I am simply referring to the insight and seriousness of mind about the Scriptures as opposed to this day.
Def

My Father, it is me your daughter, in Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2007, 04:04:44 PM »

Hi "Tollege" I will "Def " pick up and read O the words of the Holly spirit  inspires you.  Love in Jesus Def...
Welcome Tollege

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2007, 04:09:35 PM »

Hi Tollege, and welcome to Christians Unite forum.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2007, 04:34:53 PM »

No Bro. Tom, I was referring to people I am in contact with everyday. I read allot of books and have discovered a vast difference between authors of a couple centuries ago and many of today. However I have found that many people are not concerned that there is such a gap. I am simply referring to the insight and seriousness of mind about the Scriptures as opposed to this day.

Hello Tollege,

Thanks for clarifying that. I understand exactly what you mean now and feel the same way. It's almost impossible to keep up with all of the new doctrines, false prophets, and false teachings springing up everywhere. Many twist the Gospel of the Grace of GOD beyond recognition and basically start their own religion - another false one.

I don't think that you'll find any of that stuff here. We try very hard to preserve Christians Unite as a place for the full-strength GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD that was applicable and TRUE 2,000 years ago AND is just as true today. I hope and pray that you find only the TRUTH here and that GOD gets all of the Glory.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2007, 08:02:37 PM »

My username "tigerlily" is simply the name of my favorite Flower.. the tiger lily... I am known pretty much everywhere on the internet as tigerlily I am known as Michelle (real name) on only one site that I am on and that is Facebook (something like my space, sorta.. kinda lol)

anyways.. story of my name.. I sometimes shorten is to TL.. when I am being kinda lazy lol..

hugs..
Tigerlily..

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2007, 11:30:12 PM »

Hello PK,

Here's BIG OKLAHOMA HUGS back at you. You are in my thoughts and prayers often. Sister, we live in fascinating times and are probably nearing the end days of this Age of Grace. Regardless, we will all be going to our real HOME soon, and we will spend Eternity together with JESUS CHRIST.

Love In Christ,
Tom

RAPTURE

KEEP LOOKING UP!

THE RAPTURE WILL BE A REALITY!

1 Thessalonians 4:13 NASB  But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 NASB  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 4:15 NASB  For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.

1 Thessalonians 4:16 NASB  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 NASB  Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 4:18 NASB  Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:50 NASB  Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

1 Corinthians 15:51 NASB  Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed,

1 Corinthians 15:52 NASB  in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

1 Corinthians 15:53 NASB  For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1 Corinthians 15:54 NASB  But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory.

1 Corinthians 15:55 NASB  "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O  DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?"

1 Corinthians 15:56 NASB  The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law;

1 Corinthians 15:57 NASB  but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:58 NASB  Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

MikeO

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2007, 05:35:12 AM »

Mine name is Mike O'Meara so I just used the Mike and then added the O not very exciting lol

Greetings to all my Brothers and Sisters in the Lord

The Lord is good a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.

Nahum 1:7
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »

Mine name is Mike O'Meara so I just used the Mike and then added the O not very exciting lol

Greetings to all my Brothers and Sisters in the Lord

Hello Brother Mike,

I see that you're new, and I don't think that I've had a chance to welcome you, so WELCOME!

The choice of your handle makes perfect sense. I look forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2007, 11:54:58 AM »

Hello Mike,

Welcome to Christians Unite forums. I also look forward to having some great Christian fellowship with you.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the