Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:01:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Grammyluv here!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grammyluv here!  (Read 38130 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2008, 11:01:08 PM »

It sounds to me like you need to sit down, and have a cup of coffee sister. Cheesy

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2008, 11:17:27 PM »

DW!  How the heck are you my brother!?  I've missed you.  Are you well?  What have you been up to?  Maybe I'll head over to "Coffee Break" and see whats there!

In Christ,
Yvette

Let us fight the good fight!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2008, 11:21:17 PM »

I've been doing alot a work for the Lord. Sister I've been soooooo busy it's funny.  Wink  I'll be happy then February is long gone in the mirror. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

At one point I came close to making a visit to the hospital, for myself.  Cry

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2008, 11:41:16 PM »

Oh my goodness!  Is it your back again?  This has been a pretty tough winter it seems for alot of us and those we love.  I'm certainly ready for Spring time.  I noticed some buds on the trees around here and the birds singing the other day!  The sun has been out alot the past two weeks and the mountains around here look glorious!
Hope we are all on the mend now.  Praise God.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2008, 11:22:10 PM »

I have to share a little story about shopping for my birthday present to me!

For a long time I've been wanting a shirt that said a particular thing which meant I had to find one of those places that put things on T-shirts while you wait.  I went to several T-shirt shops in Seattle and they didn't do it.  One guy said, "Oh, yeah they used to be all over in the 70's."  My reply?....  "Well, THAT's where I'm from!"

I finally found a shop.  Probably the very last one in existence around here, and what was it that I wanted on my very special shirt?   "JESUS FREAK", of course!  (Also from the 70's  Grin)  And on the back I had them put the address to my very favorite verse, Jer. 29:11!
I also found a pair of ear-rings that are Peace signs.  Yes!  Peace signs are back in vogue!  Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2008, 12:27:53 AM »

I have to share a little story about shopping for my birthday present to me!

For a long time I've been wanting a shirt that said a particular thing which meant I had to find one of those places that put things on T-shirts while you wait.  I went to several T-shirt shops in Seattle and they didn't do it.  One guy said, "Oh, yeah they used to be all over in the 70's."  My reply?....  "Well, THAT's where I'm from!"

I finally found a shop.  Probably the very last one in existence around here, and what was it that I wanted on my very special shirt?   "JESUS FREAK", of course!  (Also from the 70's  Grin)  And on the back I had them put the address to my very favorite verse, Jer. 29:11!
I also found a pair of ear-rings that are Peace signs.  Yes!  Peace signs are back in vogue!  Grin

Grin   Grin   Grin

All you need now is a lava lamp, a black light, and some of those posters that glow under a black light.  (COOL MAN COOL!)   Grin  Some of the young folks are now wondering what we're talking about and thinking that we've lost our minds.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2008, 02:14:54 AM »

Grin   Grin   Grin

All you need now is a lava lamp, a black light, and some of those posters that glow under a black light.  (COOL MAN COOL!)   Grin  Some of the young folks are now wondering what we're talking about and thinking that we've lost our minds.

Naw.  They've watched "That 70's Show", which I didn't think was too much like the 70's.  Not the 70's that I knew anyway.  The early 70's were just an extention of the 60's in the Bay Area.

jeviasgrandma

jeviasgrandma

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2008, 10:49:52 AM »

Hi Grammyluv. I'm new  here. "Jeviasgrandma". R U from Seattle? I am originally from Tacoma. Been down south a couple yrs. I too, am an avid camper, still prefer the tent. I once was saved and lived my life as should be. Now I am back on the road of getting it together again. I love Jesus, I went away and now the guilt is so overwhelming I'm having a hard time concentrating. It is nice to meet you.

Juanita M. Thompson(mom)R.I.P.03/05/05
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2008, 10:57:25 PM »

Hi Grammyluv. I'm new  here. "Jeviasgrandma". R U from Seattle? I am originally from Tacoma. Been down south a couple yrs. I too, am an avid camper, still prefer the tent. I once was saved and lived my life as should be. Now I am back on the road of getting it together again. I love Jesus, I went away and now the guilt is so overwhelming I'm having a hard time concentrating. It is nice to meet you.

I'm so sorry.  I have just now seen your post.  Welcome.  (Although it's been a couple of months now since you were here)  I hope to see more of you.  Yes, I am from Seattle but I've lived all over the U.S. including "down south."

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 10:58:30 PM »

Hey Guys!  Just a short apology.  It's is such a crazy night at work tonight.  I won't be back on until I move.
Gotta run.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2008, 11:35:39 PM »

Do take care in moving, sister. See you when you are able to get back on. Prayers with you as always.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2008, 08:16:15 AM »

Hello GrammyLuv,

You are always in our prayers.

We had a wild and crazy night also. For some unknown reason, our block lost electricity last night for awhile. We know it wasn't storms or lightning because we didn't have anything like that last night - for a change. Whatever it was took three huge electric company trucks and you could smell something like giant fried electrical components.

GRIN MODE ON:  I was on the computer and the forum at the time, so this didn't fit into my plans. I knew it wasn't weather, so I listened for small arms fire and rockets landing from terrorists. I didn't hear anything like that, but my coffee cup was empty and I wasn't happy anyway sitting there in the dark. I am a little bit hard of hearing, so I did check to see if any of my neighbors were returning fire on terrorists. We live on the West side of town, and "All was quiet on the Western Front".  GRIN MODE OFF.

Grin   We did lose electricity, but we have no idea why yet. AND, we're almost sure it wasn't a terrorist attack.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2008, 12:06:47 PM »

Perhaps it was one of those bushy tailed suicidal terrorists that like to get on top of the transformers so they can knock them out. That happens a lot here but it is more frequent when it gets cold.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2008, 08:00:22 AM »

Our wiring is underground, so whatever it was probably involved digging. We do have several families of rabbits in the neighborhood and a ton of squirrels. The last time I looked, it would be very difficult to open a transformer, so I really suspect some digging by a two-legged creature of some sort.   Wink
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 09:10:01 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2008, 11:56:12 AM »

Even in areas that place the wires underground some of the transformers are usually placed in a fenced in area above ground. These are usually larger transformers than those on the top of light poles but they still have the problem of squirrels and snakes getting in them and blowing them up. The town my sister lives in has the wires underground and that is how they did the transformers there.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the