Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:43:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Grammyluv here!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grammyluv here!  (Read 38190 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2008, 09:34:12 PM »

Even in areas that place the wires underground some of the transformers are usually placed in a fenced in area above ground. These are usually larger transformers than those on the top of light poles but they still have the problem of squirrels and snakes getting in them and blowing them up. The town my sister lives in has the wires underground and that is how they did the transformers there.

Brother, you're right. I have a transformer in my back yard and it's very large. I couldn't even guess how much that monster would weigh. It's on a concrete pad and is surrounded by a heavy metal box that is padlocked. It's directly on the ground, so I assume they had to use sufficient safety measures that humans and animals wouldn't be harmed. I guess that anything is possible, but it appears the box is completely sealed and I assume even waterproof. I asked a lot of questions many years ago when we bought the home and had children. They told me it would take a professional with a cutting torch or the authorized personnel with keys and the knowledge of how to open the box.

Anything is possible, but I'll guess that either another utility dug in the wrong place or a citizen dug in the wrong place. I think the wiring is encased and has to be a minimum of 36 inches deep. It would probably be an unpleasant and expensive situation to cut a conduit, but maybe less expensive than cutting one of the new fiber optic cables of the phone company. I understand they can charge you thousands of dollars for cutting one of the fiber optic cables. The last big problem we had in our own yard is the local cable company shooting a television cable through our sewer line.   Grin   YES - they have some sort of high-pressure device that shoots their utility cable an unknown distance underground. They shot it dead-center through our sewer line and ruined it. They were at least 24 inches off from their authorized location. The funny part started after my plumber cut their cable trying to fix my sewer line. They threatened to make me pay for it.  Needless to say, I'm not an easy guy to run over and they paid for a new sewer line for me. These kinds of problems aren't uncommon for underground utilities and many people do get taken advantage of. All I can say is you must have licensed and authorized people to do things, and all problems must be documented, measured, and photographed. "Do it yourself" is out of the question, and proper authorizations must be sought from all utilities before any work is done. Otherwise, the costs could be way up in the thousands of dollars for making a mistake.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2008, 10:18:25 PM »

The metal box with a padlock is a great idea. They just have cyclone fences around them here. As many years as I worked in the construction/industrial field I was fortunate to never cut through any utilities. I'm sure that  God was with me. Of course I was always careful to call "Julie" to get the utilities marked before I started digging also. Julie is a hotline number for people to call to get the utilities marked.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2008, 06:28:32 PM »

Squirrell gets up nerve.....

....to take out entire west-side neighborhood....

....gains incredible super-powers after being struck by a live electical wire!

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2008, 06:56:25 PM »

ROFL

Terrorists.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2008, 08:18:43 AM »

Grin   Grin   Grin    ROFL!

I'll get an ALL POINTS BULLETIN put out on that squirrel gang immediately. Darth Squirrel appears to be the leader.   Grin

(Small Print:  I had to snag two of those graphics for my collection - THANKS!)

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2008, 06:27:55 PM »

I feel like a foreigner in my own home town!  I went downtown on my way to work today to pick up a couple of things.  Some of the streets were blocked off for a parade, I found out.  It was packed with people everywhere!  I finally figured out it was a "Gay Pride" parade by the types of people that I kept seeing.  I had no idea we had so many here!  They all came out of the closet to enjoy the 90 degree weather I guess!

I know Blackeyespeas will say that we ARE foreigners here, but for Pete's sake....when I was a kid the worst we ever saw was some long-haired hippies hanging around the UW!  I wouldn't take my grandkids downtown on a day like today for nothin'!  It just makes my heart sick to see blatant perversion up your face! 
Now I was no angel before I got saved, believe me...I've seen quite a bit of the real world and have been IN the real world and places I'd never like to be again, but it's different once you're saved and have a relationship with the Lord.  The world just breaks your heart and some things just make me sick to my stomach.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2008, 07:13:23 PM »

I thank God that Brother Tom is right. This old world is not our home and when God calls me home I will gladly go to get away from the sins of this world.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2008, 10:10:20 PM »

Me three!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2008, 03:14:06 AM »

Hello GrammyLuv and All,

I'm sure that many people in that gay pride parade came from other places. They always inflate the numbers, and you don't have that many living there. I just hope that you didn't have to put up with the filth and obscenity that happened in San Francisco. I know there are many still trying to pursue criminal charges for nudity and obscene sexual acts in public. I hope that those pursuing criminal charges are determined enough to get it done, regardless of where the charges are eventually filed. These acts happened in front of police officers and other city officials - AND nothing was done. In fact, the same officials have refused to do anything with videos and citizens demanding that the law be enforced. Sooner or later, the people can FORCE the issues and DEMAND that the laws be enforced. If they are determined enough, responsible officials will face civil and criminal consequences. I would think and hope there are still plenty of people everywhere with the determination to SEE something like this through to the END. We don't live in a jungle yet, and people aren't allowed to act like apes yet. We still have the rule of law, and we should never give that up. Everything moral and decent we have left rests on the rule of LAW and due process. In all reality, this is currently slowing the devil down.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 291 - Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered
unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father;
neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever
the Son will reveal him.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2008, 02:00:26 AM »

I thank God that Brother Tom is right. This old world is not our home and when God calls me home I will gladly go to get away from the sins of this world.

AMEN and Ditto!!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2008, 02:04:15 AM »

ROFL

Terrorists.

Calling all squirrels, terrorist are in the house..................

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2008, 07:11:46 AM »

OH NO! - ANYTHING BUT SQUIRRELS!

ATTACK SQUIRRELS!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2008, 10:40:22 AM »

Hey Guys!  You're cracking me up!

I was off of work for a couple of days with some kind of intestinal thing.  Much better now and am enjoying my regular two days of my grandkids!  Thinking of taking them to a movie this afternoon.  That Panda one maybe?  If you all remember my car broke down right after I took the job at the mission in November, but my daughter is sweet and is letting us use her car today.  May run out and see my mother also.  They just remodeled their kitchen and has been wanting me to see it!  Also the kids want to see Grammy's new apt. so we will run out there also and then do some other errands that aren't quite as convenient on the bus!
I'm saying all that to explain why I haven't been here lately.  I've got cable at the new place, but still have to get the internet hooked up!

Wanna know a little secret?  Grammy had a lunch "date" yesterday!  The ball game one never panned out, but I met a fella that volunteers at the men's mission a couple of months ago and then we ran into each other a couple of weeks ago and decided to have lunch.  Who knows?  Maybe!  I'll make sure he checks in with you all before it goes to far though!  Tee hee!

Oh.... and for the record....

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2008, 03:44:45 PM »

Grin   Grin    Grin   ROFL!

Those terrorist squirrels are out of control.

We've dispatched our K-9 Unit, and the squirrels are out of business. This one is unique since he doesn't have a handler. We'll have him check your potential new feller when he's through with the squirrels.

He has a 100% conviction rate because he refuses to testify in court. Nobody has had the nerve to testify against him yet in court. Besides, all of the evidence has been eaten.   Grin

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2008, 05:46:18 PM »

Grin   Grin    Grin   ROFL!

We'll have him check your potential new feller when he's through with the squirrels.[/b]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the