Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:42:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Grammyluv here!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grammyluv here!  (Read 38210 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2009, 11:32:42 PM »

Who forgets that they are up on a ladder?

Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

After all, icecream cures anything, right?

I'll never say differently.   Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 20, 2009, 09:32:13 PM »

Just stopping in with an update real quick because I'm supposed to stay off of my foot and keep it elevated.  The doctor called this morning with the results of the xrays.  Turns out that it is broken.  She just put a half cast on so that I can get it off and on.  The break is such that everything is in line so I just have to keep it that way so it will heal nice and straight.  I'll be off of work for a week since I'm supposed to stay off of it as much as possible then in a week I'll go in for another xray to make sure that it's still in place.  Once it's healing I can put the brace back on which will hold it in place still but is a lot softer.
Matias told his mom this morning that he didn't want his grammy to be broken and old.  He just wanted his grammy to stay the way that she was!  I guess to him 'broken' means 'old'.   Little stink pot!  The kids have been really good though in waiting on Grammy and stopping by my room to see how I am.
Well back to my old grammy bed for now....

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 20, 2009, 10:22:34 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about the foot, sister. At least it's not a permanent old.  Wink

I love the way kids look at things.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2009, 11:16:45 PM »

Hello Grammyluv,

Sister, I'm sorry to hear about your injury, and I will be praying for you. I've been there and done that more than once, and I didn't like it at all. Please do exactly what the doctor tells you. Trust me, you don't want to make the break worse. There's a network of tiny bones in the foot that many times require surgery if they need to be set. SO, give thanks and know that GOD took care of you. Your grandson helping you will be good for both of you. You can thank him, but also tell him that GOD appreciates it when he helps LITTLE OLD LADIES.    Grin  (Small Print: I couldn't help myself.)

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Timothy 3:12-17 NASB  12  Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.  13  But evil men and impostors will proceed from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.  14  You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them,  15  and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.  16  All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;  17  so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: February 21, 2009, 12:27:41 AM »

Sister, sorry to hear about your broken leg, and I will be saying extra prayers for you.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 21, 2009, 12:17:40 PM »

Thanks for the prayers guys!  And the 'Old" jokes.  I wouldn't expect anything less you!   Grin Grin
I had a much better night last night and got some good sleep.  Good thing too because we moved the birthday up to today!  One of our family members is going to bring me a thermos that they aren't using so that I can get some coffee upstairs to my room.  I haven't had any in the last two days and I sure do miss it!
No time to post anything today.  The kids are up and excited about the fun ahead and I think I hear my son-in-law in the shower.  I'm going to try and get my room picked up as some that are coming haven't seen the new place yet.
God bless you all!
Grammyluv

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 21, 2009, 12:40:30 PM »

Grin

Have fun, but please be careful. I just consulted with Dr. Moe, Dr. Larry, and Dr. Curly. They told me the break was in a bad place, and they would have to give you a peg leg and a parrot if you broke it any worse. I saw their doctor kit, and all it contained was a saw, a hammer, a chisel, and some TNT. They still make house calls, but they're almost like the Maytag repairmen when folks know they're in the general vicinity. Nothing breaks at all, and everyone's health improves dramatically.

I really don't think that you want to see them, so be good and take care of yourself. However, you might want to try Abdul's Cactus Remedy for general ailments.

Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 21, 2009, 01:16:47 PM »

However, you might want to try Abdul's Cactus Remedy for general ailments.

Don't forget it helps with hair growth.   Grin Grin   (or was that brain growth?)

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 21, 2009, 09:01:08 PM »

Don't forget it helps with hair growth.   Grin Grin   (or was that brain growth?)

Grin   Grin   Grin

I'm having a hard time remembering the specifics of that episode, but I do think that it was multi-purpose. I was just thinking how simple things were back in the 50s and how easy it was to be entertained without anything dirty - and most of the time without a television. Those were the days when we had to be real careful with electric bills and everything else. A load of topsoil drew every kid in the neighborhood. I was also thinking that many teens had never even heard of things they are trying to force on pre-school children now (i.e. weird and dirty stuff). The vast majority of children were simply allowed to be children and not burdened-down with the STRANGE and SINFUL problems of the world. It was a major problem just to be chewing gum in school, and the teachers never had a thought of exposing the children to anything dirty. In fact, they were supposed to be good role models for the children on duty and off duty 24/7.

That was a nice, but small trip down memory lane to better times.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2009, 11:41:21 AM »

You guys never fail to crack me up and I enjoyed the trip down memory lane when things were much more simple and made much more sense!
Well I'm on day 7 with a broken foot and I'm bored out of my mind!  I'm getting around a lot better today and with a lot less pain.  I will be going back to work on Saturday!  I sure miss it there.  It's been nice having all this time with my grandson though and I did manage to do some sewing.
My daughter got a new job and started on Monday.  Her birthday is tomorrow.  28 years!  Wow.  Where does the time go?  And that's my baby!  My oldest turned 35 last month!  Whew!  Of course I started having babies when I was just a baby myself so I'm still not OLD!
Well let me get some posting done and see what's been going on around here.... Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2009, 12:36:06 PM »

Of course I started having babies when I was just a baby myself so I'm still not OLD!

Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2009, 08:54:34 PM »

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: February 26, 2009, 12:56:49 AM »

Quote from: Grammy
Of course I started having babies when I was just a baby myself so I'm still not OLD!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 26, 2009, 11:19:09 AM »

Here's one for each of ya!   Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 26, 2009, 11:33:08 AM »

Hmmm ... looks like lemon or banana cream. Either one is good.  Grin Grin

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the