Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:54:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Grammyluv here!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grammyluv here!  (Read 38129 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: February 26, 2009, 02:56:31 PM »

Here's one for each of ya!   Grin

Right back at you sister.................

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2009, 11:03:51 AM »

Yep.  Ya got me good.  Good thing I was sitting down!

Went and had another xray on the foot yesterday.  Doc says everything is the same.  No change.  But she said that was a good thing, since it hasn't moved I don't have to see the orthopedist.  It's just going to take time.  I'm going back to work today with my crutches and we'll see how that goes.  I'm excited though because I am so bored that I can hardly stand it!  It will be good to see the ladies and catch up on their lives and what has been going on.  Grin

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2009, 11:22:58 AM »

Yep, it does take longer to heal when you get old.  Cheesy Cheesy

Seriously, sister, do be careful not to hurt it more.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2009, 12:02:28 PM »

Yep, it does take longer to heal when you get old.  Cheesy Cheesy

Seriously, sister, do be careful not to hurt it more.

When the doctor told me the foot was the same as it was last week, I have to admit that I was surprised and disappointed!  On a different note though, it sure was good to be welcomed back yesterday by all the ladies at the mission!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2009, 07:55:05 PM »

When the doctor told me the foot was the same as it was last week, I have to admit that I was surprised and disappointed!  On a different note though, it sure was good to be welcomed back yesterday by all the ladies at the mission!

Hello Sister Yvette,

You are doing important work, and I understand what it's like missing work for GOD that gives you satisfaction. I know your work isn't easy, but it does appear that GOD has sent you. Please do be careful with that foot and know that we will be praying for you.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 119:105 ASV  105  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, And light unto my path.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 04, 2009, 10:54:22 AM »

Hello Sister Yvette,

You are doing important work, and I understand what it's like missing work for GOD that gives you satisfaction. I know your work isn't easy, but it does appear that GOD has sent you. Please do be careful with that foot and know that we will be praying for you.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 119:105 ASV  105  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, And light unto my path.

Thank you Brother Tom and I do appreciate those prayers.  I just finished my first week back to work and I'm none the worse for the wear and tear.  I got such a warm reception from clients and coworkers and it felt good to feel productive.
I also had a doctor's appt yesterday and I will be on crutches for at least another two weeks as the bone hasn't started to knit itself back together yet.  The pain is really nothing now and I can control that with ibuprophen.  I did develope another minor complication though and that is a pinched nerve in my right arm, probably caused by the crutches.  The doctor gave me some muscle relaxers and suggested that I wrap the arms of the crutches with towels or something to give it some extra padding.
All in all, I feel great!  We've got a little sun shining in the windows here in Seattle this morning and I'm looking forward to spending the day with my grandson.  I told him that we going to be "The Pirates That Don't Do Anything" today (Veggie Tales) and lay around in our jammies and watch movies and play with our Nintendo DS'.  Yes folks, Grammyluv has her own Ninetendo DS and games to go with it!
God Bless you all!
Yvette

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 04, 2009, 11:57:14 AM »

Now that sounds like a very productive day to me. One that I wish I were enjoying right now. I think that I am busier right now than I was before I retired.

I'm sorry to hear those bones aren't knitting back together yet. I think they've had enough relaxing days and need to get their work done.  Wink

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 04, 2009, 12:57:08 PM »

Hello Grammyluv,

I just consulted Dr. Moe, Dr. Larry, and Dr. Curley about that foot. They said take some extra calcium, wear a concrete shoe, and take two aspirins.   Grin   Dr. Curley did mention something about TNT, but Dr. Moe put his head in a vice and told him to be quiet.

All kidding aside, you might need some extra calcium. In the meantime, we'll be praying for you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 4:12-16 ASV  12  For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart.  13  And there is no creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and laid open before the eyes of him with whom we have to do.  14  Having then a great high priest, who hath passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.  15  For we have not a high priest that cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but one that hath been in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.  16  Let us therefore draw near with boldness unto the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy, and may find grace to help us in time of need.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: March 04, 2009, 11:53:51 PM »

Sister, I will be saying extra prayers for you. Also be careful with that foot............... Another words, don't kick anyone's butt with that foot................... Wink

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 05, 2009, 11:54:05 AM »

Sister, I will be saying extra prayers for you. Also be careful with that foot............... Another words, don't kick anyone's butt with that foot................... Wink

Hahaha!  You know me so well!  And yes Brother Tom I did pick up some extra Calcium at the store the other day.  I got plenty of rest yesterday and an extra long grammy-nap in the afternoon too!  Amazing that as we get older those afternoon naps are so welcome!  I love that delicious drowsy feeling just before you drift off!  Grin  In fact I think I'll try and get another one of those today!  Wink

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: March 05, 2009, 11:51:11 PM »

Amazing that as we get older those afternoon naps are so welcome!  I love that delicious drowsy feeling just before you drift off!  Grin  In fact I think I'll try and get another one of those today!  Wink

Is that what is call an old persons nap?? Wink

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 06, 2009, 12:05:28 AM »

Is that what is call an old persons nap?? Wink

Grin   I just call mine an "old guy" nap, but maybe that isn't politically correct in this day and age. Maybe we should call it a "youth-challenged" or "youth-deprived" nap. UM? - I don't know - that might still be politically incorrect. One would be probably laying down for the nap, so maybe we could call it a "vertically challenged" opportunity. YES - this is it and I'm stickin' to it.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 12:07:34 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: March 06, 2009, 12:26:23 AM »

I like, "youth-deprived" & "vertically challenged" for the names. Hmmmmmmmmm Grammy is youth-deprived, and is going to become vertically challenged.......................

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 06, 2009, 01:02:04 AM »

I like, "youth-deprived" & "vertically challenged" for the names. Hmmmmmmmmm Grammy is youth-deprived, and is going to become vertically challenged.......................

Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin

I'd just like to say that you don't want to get real comfortable and sleep that close to the ocean before high tide. Lots of bad things can happen.

By the way, I hope we're not "speed-challenged" when grammyluv gets after us.    Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 06, 2009, 08:44:31 AM »

By the way, I hope we're not "speed-challenged" when grammyluv gets after us.    Grin

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the