Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:45:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  thou shalt not kill
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: thou shalt not kill  (Read 20545 times)
ludwig

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2007, 11:40:43 AM »

dear everybody
for a christian is killing justifiable?
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 03:33:06 PM »

since this is a quick question I will reply quickly

Yes.  Murder is not.

If the intention of this post was to insight a debate of whether or not war and such are just.  Let me remind everyone of the most faithful person in Israel was the Roman Centurion.  Jesus did not rebuke him telling him to leave the army or anything of that nature.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 05:52:14 PM »

In time of war, threat, to life or limb, yes killing is allowed. As Brother Jerry said, murder is not.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 06:28:01 PM »

Let me emphasize that the taking of a life is not a "good" thing under any circumstances but it is sometimes a necessary thing. We see this lesson being given to us throughout the Bible both in the Old Testament and the New.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 10:30:33 PM »

dear everybody
for a christian is killing justifiable?

Killing under certain circumstances is justifiable for anyone.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 05:15:26 PM »

What should Christian feel about Capital Punishment?

Let us fight the good fight!
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 06:38:23 PM »

I disagree with it because I think murderers should have a chance to know God

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 04:39:27 AM »

You will get no argument from me, on that brother. Cheesy

The older members know already. What most of the forum doesn't know is my first wife was killed by a murderer. I brought him to Christ, he is now asst. Pastor of the prison he is in. I'm not sure where he is, because he has been moved. Before he was moved, I recieved a call from him, every two weeks. I also use to visit him in prison.

Though there will be several that will disagree with you on this. Though the others also think that murderers, should have a chance to know God.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 08:53:40 AM »

When I wrote the last reply, my thoughts were on your wife's murderer. I am glad he found Jesus and can tell others about Jesus.
((dw)) <--- that is a hug

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 03:16:31 PM »

They had that chance before they committed murder, and they will still have that chance before they are executed--if they ever are. Many are on death row for years filing appeal after appeal after appeal. I have no sympathy for murderers. My sympathy is for their victim and the victim's family.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 05:35:53 PM »

They had that chance before they committed murder, and they will still have that chance before they are executed--if they ever are. Many are on death row for years filing appeal after appeal after appeal. I have no sympathy for murderers. My sympathy is for their victim and the victim's family.
I have sympathy. I don't hate them because if I do, I would be hating a brother or sister if they came to Christ .

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 08:59:45 PM »

If it was for the word of God i will take it patiently,
if it's just someone who wants to rape or hurt my family for money or some other stupid
reason:
I will kill to protect them!
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 10:54:31 PM »

If it was for the word of God i will take it patiently,
if it's just someone who wants to rape or hurt my family for money or some other stupid
reason:
I will kill to protect them!
I would too

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 10:47:17 AM »

I think it's wonderful that you could forgive you wife's killer and lead him to God.  That is a wonderful testimony!
However, everyday we read of child abuse, molestation and child rape.  I'm sorry but my feelings are I want them dead.  I cannot imagine what those little children went through and more than any other sin I feel it is unforgivable.  If they are forgiven of God before execution then I will have plenty of time to love them in Heaven.  Until then I think we have a duty to make examples of them, through death, so they will know that it is unacceptable.  Studies have shown that those that hurt children will not change.  They will continue to do it until they are stopped.  I for one do not want to support their sorry lives in prison and as I said before I think we need to set a precedence that it will not be tolerated.
I don't know why I can agree that all should have the chance to come to Lord and be forgiven even in the case of Jeffery Daumer (sp?) but to torture a child, NO.

Let us fight the good fight!
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 12:44:23 PM »

Do you hate dw's wife's murderer? If you do then you call Jesus a liar. Also wishing someone dead is hating.

Matthew 5 :44 But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! 45 In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. 46 If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. 47 If you are kind only to your friends,[t] how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that.

1 John 3:15 Anyone who hates another Christian* is really a murderer at heart. And you know that murderers don’t have eternal life within them.

1 John 4: 20 If someone says, “I love God,” but hates a Christian brother or sister,* that person is a liar; for if we don’t love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we have not seen? 21 And God himself has commanded that we must love not only him but our Christian brothers and sisters, too

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the