Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:15:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Thank you God
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank you God  (Read 3876 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« on: November 13, 2003, 02:47:46 PM »

They have finally taken "judge" Moore off the the Alabama Supreme Court for his Immoral and unlawful behavior.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,102866,00.html

Now, lets do something about Faldwell! Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2003, 12:29:07 AM »

He was indeed legally removed, however, I don't think his behaviour can be accurately described as IMMORAL.

Additionally, his essential point is that God's law is not just Jewish or Chrisitian, but for all MANKIND. If you disagree with this, I suggest that you do an in-depth study of the foundations of our legal system.

regards,

aw
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 12:57:38 AM »

His essential point is that his own twisted view of Gods will gives him the right to break rules clearly set forth in the bible. He took an vowed to uphold the law, and by not doing so, he broke Gods law in several places. Seems kind of counter productive to me.

Show me where what he did is in the bible. I can show you where he broke a few moral laws in the bible, but I can't find a place where the bible supports what he did. I think you miss the issue in general. The issue isn't about what he was standing up for. The issue isn’t that he put the 10 commandments in the courthouse. It was how he did it. He fought all he could within the law. When that didn't work, he went outside the law. Unless immoral no long referrers to disobeying Gods laws, what he did by leaving the chunk of stone there was immoral. That’s really all it is. A chunk of stone. In 10, 20, even 30 years, that chunk of stone will not mean a thing. But in that time, the Pro-Christian and Pro-Jesus laws this man could have put on the books, that would have mattered. We have a huge lack of Godly men in the Government. We don’t need godly men to put chunks of stone in rotunda’s of state courthouse, and we don’t need them to make major stands to defend these chunks of stone. We need them to put godly laws in the books, and make godly rulings, and we need them to make major stands to defend these Godly laws and rulings.

twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2003, 05:09:36 AM »

Hehe , silly americans...   You really have no idea ehj ? Smiley

The removal of the 10 commandments stone, is what it is. Removing a stone. But the driving force behind it is a force well known for European prayer warriors....

All I have to say is that the USA right now is doing a degradation in law and state in a couple of years that took western european states decades to slide down unto.

I don't know what you ppl over there did wrong; but at this speed you guys will be in a state worse then us ever where or maybe ever will be in maybe even a couple of years....

If my mind wouldn't telling me otherwise i would think that God himself is pushing the ole USA down the cliff....  the speed of decay is really dazzling.

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2003, 10:03:16 AM »

Nice to what people from all overthe world think. Maybe they should look... oh, I don't know... ALL OVER THE WORLD befoe the attack America for its morals. Americian morals are a reflection of the immorality world wide. America fough against handing out comdoms in schools longer then any Europian nation. America still has not put up laws to protect homosexuality like so many other nations have.

Anyways, you want to know why America is going down hill morally? You want to know why the liberals are winning? It is BECAUSE of guys like "judge" Moore. Look at the ACLU and groups of this nature. They always fight IN the court system. They use the laws. Christians, we break the law, and then complain when the court rules against us. And then, instead of supporting the Truly Christian men in the Government who could turn this around, like Bush and Attorney General Pryor, we attack them.

Anyways, don't forget, twobombs, I'm the anti-christ. Boo! Wink

aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2003, 10:30:50 AM »

If you are going to assert that it is in the bible then you should state chapter and verses and why you think that what he did was IMMORAL.

The scripture does say that man should obey God and not man first. I said that he was LEGALLY removed from office, but that does not make him immoral or a criminal.

I will admit that ther are gray areas, however, the fact remains that God's law is for ALL people and there is no doubt at all that our legal system is founded on biblical principles.

aw
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2003, 05:24:01 PM »

Well, I figured things like keeping vows and obeying the governing authority didn’t need exact citation. I mean, I learned these things from Adventures in Odyssey and Superbook and flying house and Gospel Bill when I was a little Tibby. I’ve always thought they where understood Christian values, things stated so often and so clearing in the bible citing would not be required. If I said “killing is a sin” would you ask for a citation? Come on. There is a time to ask for citations, but you are asked me to cite proof from the bible that breaking a promise it a sin. Give me a break.

Yes, yes, we are to obey God first. But I don’t recall God telling us to put stone monuments of the Ten Commandants up.

He was legally removed from office because he broke the law.

You keep saying our system was founded on biblical principles like it has some kind of berring the topic at hand. So what? Our legal system was founded on the bible, yes, not our architecture.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2003, 05:26:04 PM by Tibby » Logged

aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2003, 01:23:39 AM »

So, you have no biblical references for your assertions? If they are that simple, then state them please. If you have none, then at least admit that your post is simply your opinion.

The point is, what is God's view of this situation? Has the man sinned? If so, what does he need to repent of, or are you just desiring to rub some salt into the wounds?

aw
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2003, 01:49:47 AM »

God help me. I am to tired to deal with this kind of...

Do you read your bible!?!?!?!?

Roman 13 talks about obeying the Governing powers, for one thing.

Matthew 5 talks about Keeps Oaths.

Why am I leading you though this by the hand? Do the research your self, bub. You're not going to change your mind even if I produce a verse that says "Do not put blocks of stones in the Courthouses." and you will still disagree.

He has sinned by disobeyign the Autherity GOd put voer him, and breaking the oath to uphold the laws. He needs to repent of letting pride get in the way of good judgement. And yes, I do desirer to rub salt in the wound. DO you know whath append with salt is rubbed in a wound? This makes the scars grow stronger, and stay for a much longer time. We need to be reminded of this mistake we have made, so we don't do it again.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2003, 02:20:57 AM »

Alright.  I'll play the devil's advocate... Grin

Tibby,

Does there ever come a point that we don't obey the governmental authority?

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2003, 08:33:06 AM »

aw: You are making my point and are appearing much worse than Judge Moore as youe contentious spirit arises. Your comment, the way you posted it, is essentially "hollering" at a fellow believer in a temper tantrum and diatribe of "Are you stupid?"

I do read it and daily and it syas that man ought to obey God!!!!(My hollering back, so I'll ask forgiveness in advance and forgive you for your HOLLERING!)

Why am I leading you though this by the hand? Do the research your self, bub. You're not going to change your mind even if I produce a verse that says "Do not put blocks of stones in the Courthouses." and you will still disagree.

aw: We are not dealing with "blocks of stone" but "PRINCIPLES." I have alsready admitted that there are gray areas and the subject is difficult becaause of the manner in which he chose to demonstrae his point. However, it was a group of liberal judges who made the decision and he is paying the penalty that is due from the recognized legal authorities.

He has sinned by disobeyign the Autherity GOd put voer him, and breaking the oath to uphold the laws. He needs to repent of letting pride get in the way of good judgement. And yes, I do desirer to rub salt in the wound. DO you know whath append with salt is rubbed in a wound? This makes the scars grow stronger, and stay for a much longer time. We need to be reminded of this mistake we have made, so we don't do it again.

aw: Then you should read all of the chapter in Romans for your own sake.

My only point is still, and he is correct on this, God's law is for all people for all time.

Regards,

aw
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2003, 09:45:00 AM »

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
— The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

How about Judge Moore Oath to upholed the Alabama state constution, even the part that requires that Elected Office Holders be Christians.

1 John 5
1   Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
2   By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3   For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Judge Moore has said repeatedly that obeying the Fed. Court He would be going agenst the oath he took to the Al. St Supreem Court.  

Moore, whose cause has rallied religious conservatives across the country, argued he was upholding his oath of office and promises to Alabama voters when he refused to move the 5,300-pound granite monument.

"Not only did I fulfill what I told the people of Alabama I would do, I also had a duty to uphold the constitutions of the United States and the state of Alabama. They both acknowledge God," Moore said.

Quote from http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,102866,00.html

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2003, 11:07:43 AM »

Allinall- Good Question, and a long debate. Start a new topic. Smiley

Aw- Oh, Tibby is throwing a temper tantrum. Deal with it. You where asking me to cite references for specific law in the bible that have formed the Christian moral code as we know it.
Principle. Don’t make me laugh. Personally, I’d rather see him stay in office and make countless laws that are for the Christian faith and the Christian way of life, then to stand up for a silly notion like “Principle.” Principles are all well and good, but sometimes, ideas like this just are not practical. And this was one of those time.

Forrost- I’m glad you know how to copy and paste the U.S. Constitution. Smiley

So what if the oath makes he claim to be a Christian? What are you trying to imply? He can be a Christian and take the Stone down. The Attorney General of the state who fought against him was a Christian. He has been taking MUCH more political heat the “Judge” Moore throughout the span of his career for his Christian view points. Lets cheer guys like him. The AG has stood up against issues such as Homosexuality, and liberals on the National level have taken notice and attacked him for it. He has done more to further Christianity in his state then Moore ever will. Why are you praising a man who would squabble over a non-issue like the décor of a lobby?

So, please, Forrest, explain to me how a Hunk of Stone saves you. I don’t see a part of the bible you could be about to inferred from that even says what he did will make him any more of a Christian, or that by taking it down he is any less. I’d like to see how take his stand in the court, when he is ON the bench, not FACING it.  

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2003, 12:56:07 PM »

Hmmm.  Sorry, Tibby (   Cool ), I'm going to have to go to the mat with you on this one.    Cry

It was how he did it. He fought all he could within the law. When that didn't work, he went outside the law.

Wrong.   Sorry.  If you'd followed the history of this case, you would know that it all began with a simple wood carving, of the commandments, which Judge Moore did in his home shop, to hang on his wall at the court building, as a local circuit court judge, in 1993.  Surely you would have nothing wrong with that.  Just a copy of the commandments to hang on the courthouse wall.

But the ACLU, and two other civil rights groups, filed suit.

They are the one's who began the argument.

The Ten Commandments have been hanging in pubic places since the beginning of this country.

It's the plaintiffs who started this.   Not Judge Moore.

And they've cleverly enough worked it all around to where now you are rooting for them--against Judge Moore, a decorated Viet Nam veteran, graduate of West Point, who is not a fanatic(hehe, just notice last week's quote from Alabama's attorney general, that Judge Moore, is "unrepentent".  Hmm, so the secular, pagan society can accuse christians of being "unrepentent", but if we accuse them of being unrepentent, suddenly, we're "religious fanatics".  Hehe.  Makes sense to me!!   Roll Eyes)

Hmmm, twobombs.  I think you are right on the money.  I don't think we can get there fast enough.

But, as others here are reminding us,  Praise be To God, in all things.  And in Him are our true rest and strength.

twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2003, 01:03:17 PM »

Tibby: The German generals and commanders defended themselves after the 2nd world war with : " Befehl ist befehl".
Interpreted in English: "The order was given from a higher chain of command, and therefore executed; no questions asked."

Be carefull: we need to obey the law in any given county as long as it does not bring our souls into trouble regarding the incorruptable inheritage we have been building up so cautiously.

I do not think I have enough information to judge or praise this judge; although I do have a tendency to praise him as he was critical amidst court orders that he knew could get him out-of-office.

It is often that when one stands for the principles of God one is almost automatically rejected by everyone else.

So tibby, by the letter you are soo right, but I doubt wether grace will keep your judgement standing.....
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 01:05:50 PM by twobombs » Logged

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the