Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:11:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Rapture season 2006/2007 facts & evidence *reactions*
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rapture season 2006/2007 facts & evidence *reactions*  (Read 8568 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2004, 09:50:27 PM »

Hi Jason!

If you will Start at the begining of Ch5 of 1st Thess.

In v2 it says
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

The subject that is being taught here is the "day of the Lord"

What is the day of the Lord? Well according to Zechariah Ch 14.
Zech 14:1
Behold, the day of the Lord cometh.....
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle....
3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations,.......
4 And His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east,........

Notice it says His feet will stand upon the mount of Olives, Here on EARTH, NOT up in the air in the clouds.

I agree with all of this.  The Day Of the Lord is not the catching up of believers to meet the lord in the air (1Th 4:17 mentioned prior to this).  The Day Of the Lord comes as a thief in the night, and occurs while unbelievers are saying Peace and Saftey 1 Thes 5:3.  Notice the stark contrast between the end of chapter 4 and the beginning of chapter 5.  Chapter 5 starts with, "But of the times and seasons bretheren, ye have no need that I write unto you (a shift in the subject).  The question was of the specific times and seasons of prophetic events that lead up to the coming of the lord.  Paul reminds them that they know perfectly well about this, as opposed to their ignorance in the previous chapter.  Lets keep in mind here that the DAY of the Lord is very near the time of the antichrist will be revealved (2Th 2:3  [.............], for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed,).

Another NT passage that speaks of the day of the Lord...

2Pe 3:7  But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
2Pe 3:8  But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
2Pe 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2Pe 3:10  But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11  Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12  Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

And then....
Rev 21:1  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Quite a span of time for "the day of the lord" which starts after the antichrist is revealed, and ends when the heavens and earth are destroyed with fire in the end of Revelation.

But for us, our event happens within the twinkling of an eye (1 Cor 15:51-52).

So in summary.

1Th 5:2  For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3  For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4  But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5  Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness
1Th 5:6  Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
1Th 5:7  For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
1Th 5:8  But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
1Th 5:9  For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Th 5:10  Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live (not persish) together with him.
1Th 5:11  Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Reading this entire passage seems to sum things up nicely.  The day of the lord is sudden, and catches unbelievers by surprise, it happens during a time when unblievers are saying peace and saftey, encompasses a lengthy period of time, and involves enormous wrath.  However, believers are not surprised due to being in the light of his spirit, in the hope of salvation, we are not appointed to Gods wrath, and we are told we will be alive....with him...

Joh 14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Our event culminates with...

1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

To allegorize these passages, and not read them plainly is to miss the glorious hope we are promised.  What peace and hope believers should have as that terrible day approaches!

Grace and Peace!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 09:57:26 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
TrueWordBeliever

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2004, 03:43:59 PM »

Why should we be so scared of the future tribulation. There has always been killing, rape, all kinds of evil violence.
The future tribulation will be a spiritual tribulation, it will be caused by the false christ with all of his miracles and wonders he will perform before the people(Rev13:13-14).He will decieve many into thinking he is the Real Christ! He will cause them to fall away from the True Christ that appears at the Last (7th Trump), not before.

Believers who are alive at the 7th trump are not promised anything.If they go along with the false christ, they will be subject to the 2nd death which is the Great White Throne Judgement(Rev 20:14, Rev 21:8)How do we avoid this? Be apart of the first resurection(Rev 20:4-6)! Dont alow the Beast to put his mark on you, or should I say in you(Your Beliefs) Don't allow him to decieve you! Don't be caught nursing a baby when the Real Christ appears, ifso you have allowed the false christ to impregnate you with his lies and deception(Mark 13:17)according to 2nd Corinth 11 v2 we are to be presented to Christ as a chaste virgin.v3 We are not to be beguiled(exapatao-seduced wholly, strongs# 1818 in the greek)as Eve was seduced by the serpent, The devil, dragon, whatever you want to call him!

We need spiritual protection, not physical.

The only gathering together will be at the 7th Trump 'The Day of the Lord' that is the 1 Cor 15 51-52 event when 'WE' in the twinkling of an eye will be changed into our spiritual bodies(1 cor 15 42-50)

God Bless
Jesus Peace,

Jason

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2004, 06:34:59 PM »

Jason,

I'm not sure what to say to this.

Why should we be so scared of the future tribulation. There has always been killing, rape, all kinds of evil violence.
The future tribulation will be a spiritual tribulation

The tribulation will be very real and very physical.  Its not a hidden spiritual event.  By the midway point, between 1.5 to 3 billion people will be killed (provided there are 6-7 billion alive at the beginning) according to the numbers John gives after various judgments.   Thats roughly half the current popluation on earth now if its the higher number.   Considering that does not include the trumpets or the bowls, I can only assume that a few million if that many will even survive till the end of judgment.  Makes the blessed hope sound pretty bleak if it comes at the end doesn't it?   I'm not saying we as christians should  fear physical death, we have the promise of eternal life, but the horror of that 7 year time span cannot be understated.  The bad times we wittness today will be good days in comparison to what is going to come on the earth then.  Gods wrath will be very emmence and beyond imagination, and we are not appointed for that...His holy word says so!

Believers who are alive at the 7th trump are not promised anything.If they go along with the false christ, they will be subject to the 2nd death which is the Great White Throne Judgement(Rev 20:14, Rev 21:8)How do we avoid this? Be apart of the first resurection(Rev 20:4-6)!

The ressurection is promised to those who are dead.  The rapture while being promised to the dead also, is an extremely blessed promise to the living  "Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds".   In Cor. he says we shall be changed!  No death! Those who experience that will truly be blessed.   I'm not sure why you believe I tie the 7th trumpet to any promise.  The 7th trumpet ushers in worse judgments, not a blessed promise.

Dont alow the Beast to put his mark on you, or should I say in you(Your Beliefs) Don't allow him to decieve you! Don't be caught nursing a baby when the Real Christ appears, ifso you have allowed the false christ to impregnate you with his lies and deception(Mark 13:17)according to 2nd Corinth 11 v2 we are to be presented to Christ as a chaste virgin.v3 We are not to be beguiled(exapatao-seduced wholly, strongs# 1818 in the greek)as Eve was seduced by the serpent, The devil, dragon, whatever you want to call him!

The mark of the beast is a litteral thing Jason.  We know this because John says no man can buy or sell without it, and, he will cause (make) everyone take it...those who do not will be killed.  While I agree only the decieved will receive this mark, it must be understood to be a real and physical thing, and will not be instituted until Satan is cast down from the war in heaven and fully controls the Antichrist.  It doesn't make sense to say it just refers to deception.  People were deceived all throughout history in the bible, yet we can only find mention of this Mark specifically in Revelation, and John ties economics to it there.  Its a real Mark.

We need spiritual protection, not physical.

The only gathering together will be at the 7th Trump 'The Day of the Lord' that is the 1 Cor 15 51-52 event when 'WE' in the twinkling of an eye will be changed into our spiritual bodies(1 cor 15 42-50)

Again this 7th trump is a judgment trump.  Revelation was written many years after Corinthians.  Believers at that time would not have equated the trumpet to a book that had not been written yet.  The verse eludes me at the moment, but in the OT there were a series of trumpets that were used to ready troops for battle.  The first one was used to call out the troops and make ready, the second, or last trumpet was blown to give marching orders (maybe someone who recalls where this is in the OT can jump in).  I have always felt this was what Paul was eluding to.  There is no reason to believe that the trumpet spoken of in Corinthians is speaking of the 7th trumpet of Revelations.  My view (and I know some do not agree) is that we will be gone long before the 7th trump of Rev.

God has always removed his people from harms way when his judgment is about to be unleashed.  There is no clear reason given in scripture to believe this case would be any different, during the worst wrath ever seen on earth, even that of Noahs day.  In fact, there is plenty of scripture to confirm the contrary.

Maranatha!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 06:37:33 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2004, 07:57:12 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to 2nd Timothy,

AMEN BROTHER!

God's children will indeed be caught up (raptured) to meet the Lord in the air. You are also correct that God's children will not be here for the mass judgment and slaughter. This is why we need to be relentless in witnessing to our families, our friends, and every lost person God gives us an opportunity to witness to.

It is also true that God's children will not face the judgment for the lake of fire. That judgment is for the lost, not Christians. The only judgment Christians will face is nothing at all to be feared. The good works of every Christian will be judged for rewards in heaven. I look forward to the Christian Judgment, not for the rewards, simply to be in Glory with my Lord and Saviour for eternity.

I think the Holy Bible is quite clear that the rapture, being caught up, will take place prior to the 7 year tribulation period. I'm looking for some time to study the portions of Scripture that prove this again. I've been busy with other Bible Study projects, but I hope to be able to post this proof soon.

Brother, in the meantime KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom  

Dale

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2004, 09:53:39 PM »

2nd Timothy :
<< Rev 7:4  And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

He continues listed the number 12,000 for each individual tribe, 12 in all.

Reading this passage litterally, this is clearly speaking of Israel, an exact number from each tribe that will accept Christ as messiah during the tribulation.>>

Timothy:
             Are you aware that there are only two surviving Tribes of Israel today, namely Judah and Benjamin?  The other ten were destroyed or lost their Jewish identity.
  If God is literally going to gather 12, 000 from tweve Tribes, then these Tribes are not what you think they are.

Dale

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2004, 11:17:24 PM »

Recently I watched a TV movie dramatizing the beliefs of conservative Christians about the end times. The title is Image of the Beast and fortunately it isn't based on the Left Behind series.
  Image of the Beast does come to some far-fetched conclusions. For instance, the 200 million man army mentioned in Revelation is interpeted as cavalry--200 million horsemen riding into modern war! This is both unscriptural and ridiculous. In a modern war cavlry would be mowed down by machine guns with shocking speed.
  Image of the Beast also assumes that the plagues of Revelation continue the plagues of Exodus. Never heard that before. This leads to the conclusion that the fire-breathing horses are mythical-looking supernatural creatures, apparently angels in disguise. They are pictured as having the heads of eagles, bodies of lions, wings of bumblebees, gold crowns(?), and tails of scorpions.
  The passage this supposedly comes form is Revelation 9:1-11. Revelation first describes the palgue as locusts from hell, then goes on to picture them as horses with "iron breastplates" and chariots.
  What does this sound like in the modern world? Fire-breathing horses sounds like an invasion of tanks. This leaves two strong possibilities:
(1) The angel used the image of fire-breathing horses to put across an impression of modern warfare to a 1st century person.
(2) John saw the tanks but used the image to explain it to people of his time.
  Why the image of locusts? Locusts are known as devouring pests. Locusts which become horses a second later may suggest that the war is about food. When famine strikes the world, a powerful country (or coalition) sends an army of tanks to seize the food supply of weaker countries. This could well seem like an invasion from hell to those on the receiving end.
  Doesn't it make more sense to interpret Revelation in the light of things known to exist, instead of mythical creatures?
  Image of the Beast starts off with a Rapture scenario. It presents an interpretation of Revelation that is excessively literal, arbitrary and downright nonsensical. I'm afraid that the main effect of movies like this is to make Christians look silly.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2004, 05:22:19 AM »

2nd Timothy :
<< Rev 7:4  And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

He continues listed the number 12,000 for each individual tribe, 12 in all.

Reading this passage litterally, this is clearly speaking of Israel, an exact number from each tribe that will accept Christ as messiah during the tribulation.>>

Timothy:
             Are you aware that there are only two surviving Tribes of Israel today, namely Judah and Benjamin?  The other ten were destroyed or lost their Jewish identity.
  If God is literally going to gather 12, 000 from tweve Tribes, then these Tribes are not what you think they are.

Yes I am.  However, are you aware that God promises to restore these people in the last days?

Isa 11:11 And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

So we have OT prophecy predicting this, and NT prophecy reafirming it.  Again, a literal interpretation of scripture is required. Note that in Revelation John NAMES the tribes.  Why should we assume he means something other than what he was shown?   As a matter of fact, in case you have not seen recent news...

08 Jan 2004 12:40

Israel to take all remaining 18,000 Ethiopia Jews
ADDIS ABABA (Reuters) - Israel said on Thursday it planned to start moving the remaining 18,000 Ethiopians of Jewish origin to Israel from next week.

"We would like to bring all Falashas to Israel beginning next week. We believe they should live in Israel," Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom told reporters at the end of a two-day visit. He was referring to the Falasha Mura or members of Ethiopia's small Jewish community.

Follow this link to read the story.

In Zephania we read...

Zep 3:10  From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.

Zephania, the son of Cushi, was a grandson of Noah. He is the father of all the Ethiopian Jews if I am not mistaken.  I am not sure what tribe they are from (maybe Benjamin).  Either way, in light of God promising bring the remnant of his people back to Israel, this newstory is quite amazing to me.  Expect more of the same in the future!  

Jews have been flooding back to Israel since 1948.  All 12 tribes must be there before the midway point of tribulation to be sealed, because remember, John was instructed to write down what he saw and heard.  He heard the number 12,000, and the names of 12 tribes, 144,000 total.  If you believe Gods word is true, then this will happen!  I believe we are already witnessing the beginning of these prophecies.  Its only a matter of time before Jesus steps off his throne to come get his church.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2004, 05:28:25 AM »

Tom,

I think the Holy Bible is quite clear that the rapture, being caught up, will take place prior to the 7 year tribulation period. I'm looking for some time to study the portions of Scripture that prove this again. I've been busy with other Bible Study projects, but I hope to be able to post this proof soon.

Brother, in the meantime KEEP LOOKING UP!

In my recent studies, I am finding more and more reason to accept this view as well.  I am also facinated at events unfolding before our very eyes in news within the last few months alone.  The shadows of these prophecies already appear to be looming on the horizon.  Exciting times we live in.  But you are right about needing urgency in our labour for the Lord.   Time is running out for the world, and we have so much left before us, and so many that need the one true Gospel of Christ.  May God give us peace in the hope of his return for us, and also an urgency in our labour of Love for him and the lost.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2004, 06:21:11 AM »

Recently I watched a TV movie dramatizing the beliefs of conservative Christians about the end times. The title is Image of the Beast and fortunately it isn't based on the Left Behind series.
  Image of the Beast does come to some far-fetched conclusions. For instance, the 200 million man army mentioned in Revelation is interpeted as cavalry--200 million horsemen riding into modern war! This is both unscriptural and ridiculous. In a modern war cavlry would be mowed down by machine guns with shocking speed.
  Image of the Beast also assumes that the plagues of Revelation continue the plagues of Exodus. Never heard that before. This leads to the conclusion that the fire-breathing horses are mythical-looking supernatural creatures, apparently angels in disguise. They are pictured as having the heads of eagles, bodies of lions, wings of bumblebees, gold crowns(?), and tails of scorpions.
  The passage this supposedly comes form is Revelation 9:1-11. Revelation first describes the palgue as locusts from hell, then goes on to picture them as horses with "iron breastplates" and chariots.
  What does this sound like in the modern world? Fire-breathing horses sounds like an invasion of tanks. This leaves two strong possibilities:
(1) The angel used the image of fire-breathing horses to put across an impression of modern warfare to a 1st century person.
(2) John saw the tanks but used the image to explain it to people of his time.
  Why the image of locusts? Locusts are known as devouring pests. Locusts which become horses a second later may suggest that the war is about food. When famine strikes the world, a powerful country (or coalition) sends an army of tanks to seize the food supply of weaker countries. This could well seem like an invasion from hell to those on the receiving end.
  Doesn't it make more sense to interpret Revelation in the light of things known to exist, instead of mythical creatures?
  Image of the Beast starts off with a Rapture scenario. It presents an interpretation of Revelation that is excessively literal, arbitrary and downright nonsensical. I'm afraid that the main effect of movies like this is to make Christians look silly.

Hi Dale,

First off I did not see that movie, so I wont comment about it.  Anyone trying to make sense of end times by comparison to a movie will probably be missled.  We know that Gods word however is true.   So I would tend to agree in some respect.  While I do take scripture literally, I think its important to be wise about prophetic scenes John lays out.  As Hal Lindsey has said on numerous occasions (which I believe he may be correct), he states that John, being a first century man was litterally shown future events (even future to us at this point).  He was told to write down what he saw and heard.  Now for a moment, imagine John seeing current day war.  Of course, never having seen a tank, or a helicopter, or any such machinery, he had to try and describe these things in his modern day langauge.  Lets look at that passage.

Rev 9:7  And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
Rev 9:8  And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
Rev 9:9  And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
Rev 9:10  And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

This very well could be describing some sort of demonic plague.  But I feel there is another possibilty.  Consider how John writes about these things.  He says, the shapes of the locust were like unto horses prepared for battle.  Now of course, John never having seen a helicopter, had to find something he could relate to in his day.  A heli does sort of resemble the shape of a Locust.  John had seen Roman soldiers horeses girded with iron armour.  He says they are LIKE that.   He says on their heads was if it were LIKE crowns of Gold.  Maybe he was trying to describe some metalic object on the heli.  Then, he says that their faces were the faces of men.  If John were looking into the cockpit of a heli, he would have seen the pilot in his helmet and shades, and maybe not have recognised what he was looking at.  But he see the face of a man.   He then describes hair as hair of women, maybe the whirling blades...again John had never seen machinery move so fast it was almost invisible.  And teeth like a lion.  The gunnery on the front.  Breatplates of iron, and sounded LIKE the chariots of many horses running into battle.   Not hard to imagine the thumps of a chopper flying overhead.  Tails LIKE a scorpion, and power to hurt men for 5 months, and the torment was LIKE the sting of a scorpion.   The tail of heli certainly resembles the shape of tail and stinger.   Also not hard to imagine missles being fired from this area.   I have read that there are chemical weapons that have a similar effect to a scoprion sting in existance today.   I don't know that John saw choppers, but it seems possible viewing it in this light.  

As for the 200 million man army, China has actually claimed to have this many soldiers under arms currently.  That in itself is paramount to fulfilled prophecy, because there was no kingdom in bible days with this many people, and probably not that many people in the world at that time.   Again, considering the symbolic language that is used, John may have very well seen an armoured tank division going into battle.  

Rev 9:17  And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.

Their heads were LIKE heads of lions, and out of their mouths came fire and smoke.   One does not have to use much imagination to picture a tank here.  Even the gunner sitting on top of a tank, wearing his protective gear, and the shield of the machine gun.

Scripture should be read literally I believe.  When the text makes perfect sense, seek no other sense.  However, when John says I saw something LIKE, or looks LIKE, then we have to consider what he could possibly mean.  And knowing that John had a glimps of times way future to him, these ideas start to make more sense.   Its also interesting to note, that early day readers of this book would had to of spiritualized many of things, because they could not relate things John spoke of to anything they knew.  However, this vision is beginning to take on a very real world look in our times.  Daniel was told to seal up his words when he asked for his events to be explained.  The Angel told him it would not be understood until the times of the end.   Clearly, bible prophecy is beginning to make literal sense these days.  Which to me, indicates we are moving ever closer to these events coming to pass.

Maranatha!

Tim

Dale

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2004, 11:51:45 PM »

Post #43: Tibby:
<< Really? Every Christian till about 150 years ago believed as Dale. Guess what, Crusader... Left Behind isn't Scripture  When you get right down to it, Left Behind isn't Scriptural! >>

Thanks, Tibby! God bless!

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2004, 12:44:53 AM »

You are welcome. Anything to help the truth along. Blessings right back at you.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2004, 04:53:49 PM »

*bump*

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2004, 11:59:09 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to TwoBombs,

I might join in a very friendly discussion, but I've decided to never debate it again. I found out that some brothers and sisters in Christ got angry and others got hurt feelings. I'm partly responsible for that and ask forgiveness.

The absolute JOY is us spending eternity with Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour. The when and how of the tribulation period should not be allowed to spoil this joy and fellowship between brothers and sisters in Christ.

Bible prophecy is still an area of interest and study for me, but I've seen what it can do in harming fellowship.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Bronzesnake
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2004, 03:12:27 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to TwoBombs,

I might join in a very friendly discussion, but I've decided to never debate it again. I found out that some brothers and sisters in Christ got angry and others got hurt feelings. I'm partly responsible for that and ask forgiveness.

The absolute JOY is us spending eternity with Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour. The when and how of the tribulation period should not be allowed to spoil this joy and fellowship between brothers and sisters in Christ.

Bible prophecy is still an area of interest and study for me, but I've seen what it can do in harming fellowship.

Love In Christ,
Tom
Hello Tom.
 Just back from a wee hospital visit, my brother.
You are so right about the real need to present the literal truth, and the almost inevitable outcome - that is - hurt feelings and angry responses.
This is a conundrum isn't it?

If we are to fulfill God's Will in spreading His Truth, in order that all would have the full power of His Word in order to make the "right" decisions - then it is incumbent upon us to persist - and yet, at times, even though our intentions are to fulfill our Godly obligation - it seems we only accomplish the opposite, and drive a wedge between our brothers and sisters. Unbelievers must watch this and scoff.
 It is a real balancing act, that we must persist in with the utmost care and attention. However, the fact remains, that we must persist.

God Bless everyone of us on this forum, and may He truly guide our tempers and intentions.

Bronzesnake.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2004, 09:48:15 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Bronzesnake,

Brother, I have no doubt at all about sharing THE CROSS and telling people about accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. My difficulty and prayers regard non-Salvation issues that are a controversy between brothers and sisters in Christ.

There is always an urgency to share the GOOD NEWS of the Gospel of God's Grace, regardless of an impending end times or not. I'm still praying about what topics to argue and how to argue them in a way that would be most pleasing to God. I have no doubts at all about shouting THE CROSS from the rooftops. Brother, the rest is still a matter of prayer.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the