Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:22:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Mohandas Gandhi in HELL?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Mohandas Gandhi in HELL?  (Read 10239 times)
lex

Still searchin....

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2003, 01:10:11 AM »

He was a hindu and he did not know Jesus Christ. Ergo, he's in hell.

But he was good to his fellow man - advocating passive resistance and non-violence.

Extending my question, what about the cavemen that didn't know Jesus?

What if a person was born in an island full of people without any knowledge of God nor Jesus, and he lived in isolation - will he still be damned?

Am i right if i say that this is unfair?

I'd rather be hated for who I am than be loved for who I am not.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2003, 05:08:39 AM »

No, because anything God has done or will do is fair.  I don't remember the passages at the moment but there are some that would answer your question.

lex

Still searchin....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2003, 05:28:30 AM »

No, because anything God has done or will do is fair.  I don't remember the passages at the moment but there are some that would answer your question.

No - Gandhi is not in Hell or No - God is fair.

If the former, Gandhi did not believe in Christ, and the basic tenet of xtianity is if u'r an unbeliever, you are damned.

If the latter, let me give a concrete example:

I am the greatest tightrope walker in the world. I invited two people to witness my final act - the first person, let us call him Saddam, has watched all my shows since i began my career. He knows all of my capabilities. The second person, let us call him Osama, lived in isolation and away from technology and civilization - he does not know me nor my talents.

I then proposed for them to join me in my feat by riding in a wheelbarrow and i shall push them from one end to another. I will give a million dollars to that which trusts me.

Saddam, aware of my greatness, decided to do it. Osama, fearing for his life, declined. I gave the million dollars to Saddam.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2003, 06:18:17 AM »

The answer was to the latter, no God is not unfair.  

I must first ask this question.  Are you a believer?
If you are I will find the scripture for you.  

However if you are not a believer I will not waste the time until you have an understanding of where you currently stand.  It is a waste of time to debate what you think is fair or not if you do not even believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and saviour.  

God bless,
Jason

lex

Still searchin....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2003, 06:45:40 AM »

I'm surprised by your answer. Should it matter if im a believer or not? If i was, you would feel at ease and would just quote the Bible. If i wasn't, then the hell with me, right? If im no xtian, then disregard my question, is this what ur implying?

I'm not generalizing the entire xtian lot sharing your animosity towards unbelievers. But, atheists i've debated with accepted my questions and answered it logically and rationally. I didn't hear them say - Are you an unbeliever? If you are. don't talk to us again.

Was this what would Christ would have done - reject unbelievers?

You have a serious problem if u think u are forever saved while carrying that attitude and belief.

lex

Still searchin....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2003, 06:49:59 AM »

I'd like to add:

Waste of time to debate with me but GOD BLESS!?!?

If i were an agnostic searching for the truth here at xtiansunite.com; then, u give me that remark, i cud have converted to other religion or atheism just by answer.

You abandoned me just because i was in doubt.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2003, 07:44:34 AM »

I didn't tell you to go away or that I wouldn't EVER answer your question.  I'd have to say from you answer and spelling of Christian as xtians and wording of things you aren't.  I should just make you read my post again but that seems like it would be a waste of time.  Instead let me enlightne you a bit since you so easily fly off the handle.  I said and I quote
"I will not waste the time until you have an understanding of where you currently stand."

You first need to know this pertinent information.  I'm not going to try and teach someone algebra before they can even add and subtract.  If you are yet unsaved and don't know Jesus as your Lord and saviour then this needs to be taken care of first.  You need to first see that you like everyone is a sinner.

So I did not abandon you as you claimed.  I needed to know where rather I need to know whaere you are so that I can get started.  I don't waste time in the evolution vs creation debate either.  You are asking spiritual questions that need to be spiritually discerned.
1Co 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the
things of the Spirit of God: for they are
foolishness unto him: neither can he
know them, because they are spiritually
discerned.

I am only following the bible.  I tried it other ways but of course God being perfect and knowing all his plan and way is the only way.  

So then, if you wouldn't mind, could you answer the question?

think of it as a placement test.

God bless, (oh yes this is something I do to all because I am told to even bless those that curse me.  This I might add can be quite hard yet I do it anyway.  There is no greater a blessing a man can give then to ask God to bless him.

Jason

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2003, 03:53:29 AM »

Lex,

Hello there!  Let me answer this question with God's Own words:

"For this is what the promise said: "About this time next year I will return and Sarah shall have a son." And not only so, but also when Rebecca had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac, though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad--in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of his call-- she was told, "The older will serve the younger." As it is written, "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."
What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means! For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."[/b] So then it depends not on human will or exertion,but on God, who has mercy. " - Romans 9:9-13

Simply put, my friend, it's God's call.  As for those who have never heard, read Romans 1 and see what God has to say concerning them.

But, that seems to be a bit less than sufficient for this posting.  You came here asking a question about God.  Jason asked if you know God as Savior.  Can I ask that as well?  Do you?  Because if you do not my friend, the important question for you then is "What must I do to be saved?!"  And I for one, would love to tell you...

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Early57

It is me

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2003, 04:30:33 AM »

Salvation is not based on good or bad, fair or unfair but on relationship with the Son of God.

It is not fair that I'm saved, I do not deserve it at all. I still feel like a bad person, but the facts are that I have received forgiveness and that forgiveness is completely dependent on God and not on me being a good or bad person

It is Gods Grace that saved me through the faith that he placed within me.  I excerised the faith and accepted His son the Lord Jesus and it is settled.  I did not work for His salvation that he gave to me, for if it was based on any work that I could do it would not be Grace and then I could boast about all the good things I did.  Those that work are doing good things in this world but there is no salvation for being good. there is only Salvation through Faith in Jesus and by coming to this one and only door of saving faith.  

I will not Judge the man as if He is in Heaven or Hell, Only God knows what happened at the moment of his departure.  I will say this, if the man did not receive Jesus as his Lord and savior, and only God knows for sure, then Hell would be his eternal home, so the important thing for you is to be sure you have received Salvation by the Grace of God through Faith in His Son the Lord Jesus.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2003, 01:44:49 AM »

Salvation is not based on good or bad, fair or unfair but on relationship with the Son of God.

It is not fair that I'm saved, I do not deserve it at all. I still feel like a bad person, but the facts are that I have received forgiveness and that forgiveness is completely dependent on God and not on me being a good or bad person

It is Gods Grace that saved me through the faith that he placed within me.  I excerised the faith and accepted His son the Lord Jesus and it is settled.  I did not work for His salvation that he gave to me, for if it was based on any work that I could do it would not be Grace and then I could boast about all the good things I did.  Those that work are doing good things in this world but there is no salvation for being good. there is only Salvation through Faith in Jesus and by coming to this one and only door of saving faith.  

I will not Judge the man as if He is in Heaven or Hell, Only God knows what happened at the moment of his departure.  I will say this, if the man did not receive Jesus as his Lord and savior, and only God knows for sure, then Hell would be his eternal home, so the important thing for you is to be sure you have received Salvation by the Grace of God through Faith in His Son the Lord Jesus.

One word Early57 - AMEN!!!

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Raphu

Sojourner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2003, 06:21:00 AM »

Ofcourse it is God's call, but scripture also says that to whom much is given much is expected. Everyman is judged according to what God has given him, so, indeed, God knows this amount and is able to judge much better than man.

Hosea 11:10  They shall walk after the LORD: he shall roar like a lion: when he shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west.
lex

Still searchin....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2003, 08:41:09 PM »

Saved_4ever:

I'd have to say from you answer and spelling of Christian as xtians and wording of things you aren't.  

You think?

God bless, (oh yes this is something I do to all because I am told to even bless those that curse me.  This I might add can be quite hard yet I do it anyway.  There is no greater a blessing a man can give then to ask God to bless him.

I'm not cursing anybody here. The reason why I joined was for me to be enlightened.

Alinall

Re ur question and Save_4ever's about my belief in God as my personal saviour, I want to - it would be so much easy to do this and it would be comforting; however, I'm doubtful - reason points me otherwise.

Do you?  Because if you do not my friend, the important question for you then is "What must I do to be saved?!"  And I for one, would love to tell you...

Kindly so.... Cheesy

Early57

So Gandhi's humanitarian acts will be for naught if he didn't belive in Jesus?

Early57

It is me

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2003, 09:11:15 PM »

His acts will benefit men for ages to come, but if his motives were to gain salvation then your statement is right they were for naught, just as Mother Threasa's acts of kindness were not any good towards the salvation issue.

You said that you came here to be enlightened.  In Hebrews it says that if you are enlightened and you turn away you cannot renew the enlightened state.  Once you understand that you are in need of a Savior and do not receive and accept this savior you do not get another chance. You cannot crucfiy Jesus again.  So it would be in your benefit to accept Jesus now and worry about Ghandi after your own soul is taken care of.  Now that is the way I see the passage in Hebrews.  It is for the unbeleiver that receives the knowledge and does not accept the savior.  So Lex please be very careful and do what is right.  Do not let a debate over Ghandi steal your hope of Salvation.
ollie
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2003, 10:01:03 PM »

He was a hindu and he did not know Jesus Christ. Ergo, he's in hell.
Gandhi was a world figure and was probably well read. I doubt that he did not know of Jesus and the christian faith.

But he was good to his fellow man - advocating passive resistance and non-violence.
He wanted freedom for India and his people. He was always in the struggle to get out from under the British.

Extending my question, what about the cavemen that didn't know Jesus?
How do you know they did not know God?

What if a person was born in an island full of people without any knowledge of God nor Jesus, and he lived in isolation - will he still be damned?
God is longsuffering and would have all to be saved. He will not bring the world to an end and exercise judgement until all know of Him and His Son.
That is why the gospel is to be preached to all nations and creatures. Then the end will come, but not before all know
and have the choice to accept or deny.

God is just and makes judgements according to his law.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2003, 10:04:13 PM by ollie » Logged
lex

Still searchin....

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2003, 10:07:03 PM »

You said that you came here to be enlightened.  In Hebrews it says that if you are enlightened and you turn away you cannot renew the enlightened state.  Once you understand that you are in need of a Savior and do not receive and accept this savior you do not get another chance. You cannot crucfiy Jesus again.

So if am saved; then, I sin - my salvation will be revoked with no hope of claiming it back? Then no one enters heaven.

Or if I'm saved; then, I use my faculty of logic and reason given to me by God and by this I begin to question, I'm to be damned?

So Lex please be very careful and do what is right

Which is.....

Do not let a debate over Ghandi steal your hope of Salvation.

Actually, my issue on Gandhi is not at all trivial. Therein lies the whole concept of salvation. And it wasn't my only post - I questioned about the people who lived before Christ that had no chance of knowing Him, and those that due to their surroundings and environment (i.e. Man in an isolated island) didn't know Jesus. I asked whther they will be damned too.

And the issue of the exclusivity of salvation to all religions is not the only thing that bugs me...there are more...I just want to take it one step at a time. Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the